The Blockbuster Thread XXV: June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

See here for the deal: http://www.blockbuster.com/stores

There used to be a coupon to print for it, but now stores should have the bar code to scan at the register.  If not, show them their own web page (above) and maybe they will figure it out.

See BlockbusterGuy's thread for a list of titles eligible under (and commonly found at BBV) for the promo:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310423-blockbuster-video-4th-of-july-sale-bogo/

Coming July 2nd: B1G1 free on games $29.99 and under

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that anything below here might be out of date. To be honest, I have no idea if Blockbuster even takes games for trade-in any more!

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos, post any trade-in values you have obtained, and discuss new and used game selection and availability. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Blockbuster store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (BBVto Amazon to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from BBV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit will be placed onto your store account
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Depending on state law you may or may not get sales tax added to your trade-ins (and thus get more than normal). You will always be charged sales tax where applicable on purchases.

Current Trade-In Deals
There are no trade-in deals at this time nor have there been for a very very long time. They did however just recently cut down all their trade-in values to Gamestop-like levels (but without deals to make them more appealing as at GS).

Trade-In Values

Trade-in prices are usually universal at Blockbuster, but can be wildly different at franchise Blockbuster stores. Used game prices change on Monday. We are not currently sure when trade-in values get updated but a few years ago it used to be on Mondays. Any quotes given in this thread may thus be good through Sunday of the current week. If you want to be sure to get the same value another CAG has reported then do your trading by Sunday as the price may drop on Monday.

Also note that many stores will no longer accept video games without cover art. This is the official policy for DVD trade-ins but apparently many clerks will confuse the two and not allow it for games either. Just beware that it might be a hassle if you have a disc-only game to trade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Blockbuster/Gamerush Threads (dating back to June 2005!):
1 (by no means the first one but the earliest that can be found - check it out for some drama)
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbed DA2, DS2, and Bulletstorm for 360, $21.76. They were all still tagged at $19.99 but they rang up with the correct prices, and the sale applied automatically. They each rang up at $14.99 and then a discount of $24.99 was applied on the receipt. Thanks for the heads up and all the info regarding this sale.

[quote name='skin21rip']Sale is automatic got
Modnation racer
Uncharted 2
Blur
Test drive 2
Dead rising 2[/QUOTE]

Someone is a driving fan

And on that note my local BBV had Forza 3 for $14.99. Don't know if that one was mentioned yet as I didn't see it on the first list in the OP

[quote name='strait edge follower']Isnt there a gift card deal going on or am i mistaken[/QUOTE]

I think the initial post on it said sometime in December.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']Sorry guys I just deleted my last post to not confuse everyone else. I just tested the deals and it IS an auto barcode. Deal is live so whenever your store opens so good luck.

For those of you who read my first post the barcode I was looking at was the new retail DVD deal.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I missed your original post. Is there something wrong with the new dvd deal? And does that not include blu-rays?

Thanks

[quote name='bgame2']
ALSO, can someone report as to whether it was automatically applied or not.[/QUOTE]

Hawaiiboy just did.

Tons of stuff at my BBV, didn't pick up anything though. I already own or have played through most of the games. Might go back later and change my mind though :)

[quote name='dino88']
Hawaiiboy just did.[/QUOTE]

Sorry Dino, I must have missed it. Stupid pain killers make me less observant.

[quote name='bgame2']Sorry Dino, I must have missed it. Stupid pain killers make me less observant.[/QUOTE]

I hope you're not driving today. :)

That is great news that it rings up automatic, one of my BBV stores are known to wait a extra day to start a good sale so they could horde all of the good stuff for them selves. Looking to get 15 games today.

Went with a friend and we each got 5.
Enslaved
Split Second
Splatterhouse
Iron Man 2
Mafia 2
Darksiders
Harry Potter DH part 2
Spiderman SD
Transformers Cybertron
007 Blood Stone

Thanks for the info guys, awesome sale

Went last night right before they closed to see what they had, and was there as soon as they opened the doors and there was almost nothing compared to last night. The lady working said a few of the workers that set up everything last night after the store closed, had grabbed a bunch of the games they wanted. FML...was still have to grab the five I wanted though.

My store was on the ball, plenty of signage on every shelf.
img2011111800020.jpg

The haul (keeping all):)
:360: Fable 3
:360: Dragon Age 2
:360: Dead Space 2
:360: Bulletstorm Epic Edition
:360: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
:ps3: Dead Rising 2
:wii: Okami
:wii: Epic Mickey

Great success :)
Dragon age 2
Epic yarn
Bulletstorm special edition with code
Assassins creed brotherhood
Dead space 2

Tons left at my store too, I didn't grab the last copy of any of those games

My store was on the ball as well. My pick-ups:

360 007: Bloodstone
360 Enslaved
360 Bulletstorm
360 Dead Space 2
BLU the Social Network

Saw but didn't get (or had extras):
PS3- God of War 3, Mafia 2, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Fallout New Vegas, Final Fantasy XIII, Bulletstorm, Splatterhouse, Dragon Age 2
360- Test Drive Unlimited 2, Fallout New Vegas, Mafia 2, Splatterhouse, Enslaved, Bulletstorm, Darksiders, Dragon Age 2
WII- Epic Mickey

No luck on Ratchet or Modnation for me. I tried to help another customer out with mispriced games, but he ended up being a CAGer... small world =)

I may get burned for this but ive never bought just to flip but what games (if any) should I keep an eye out for to grab for flipping? I have 3 games I want and could grab 2 more for gs or bb credit.

[quote name='Althax']I may get burned for this but ive never bought just to flip but what games (if any) should I keep an eye out for to grab for flipping? I have 3 games I want and could grab 2 more for gs or bb credit.[/QUOTE]

Doubt you will get a post on this as its only 1 1/2 hours into the sale. Most CAGs need to get theirs first before posting, but I will say that the money makers are easy to find as the 2 top ones are big titles.

Not saying you aren't a CAG but there are a lot of lurkers and it doesn't look like SD has caught on yet.

I'll post some in a couple hours.

My store had the signage up and ready to go..

Grabbed :
Ass Creed Brotherhood PS3
Bulletstorm PS3
Fable III 360

Would like to hit more but BB are far inbetween here now..Funny though on the way home I heard an ad on the radio about this sale as well so if you didnt go today at open you better get there soon.

[quote name='Althax']I may get burned for this but ive never bought just to flip but what games (if any) should I keep an eye out for to grab for flipping? I have 3 games I want and could grab 2 more for gs or bb credit.[/QUOTE]

Go back and read a few pages. Many have posted various things already. By this point it's every CAG for them selves (well...unless we make some sort of trade thread at a later point).

Got there at opening, guy working behind the counter is a new transfer so he's not fully in the system yet. Called his manager to ask about the promotion and was told that it starts tomorrow. Put some games on hold and will go back before work when the manager is in so they can grab the barcode from the system. Hopefully this works out. He was very nice allowing me to put games on hold.

[quote name='darthballz']My store was on the ball as well. My pick-ups:

360 007: Bloodstone
360 Enslaved
360 Bulletstorm
360 Dead Space 2
BLU the Social Network

Saw but didn't get (or had extras):
PS3- God of War 3, Mafia 2, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Fallout New Vegas, Final Fantasy XIII, Bulletstorm, Splatterhouse, Dragon Age 2
360- Test Drive Unlimited 2, Fallout New Vegas, Mafia 2, Splatterhouse, Enslaved, Bulletstorm, Darksiders, Dragon Age 2
WII- Epic Mickey

No luck on Ratchet or Modnation for me. I tried to help another customer out with mispriced games, but he ended up being a CAGer... small world =)[/QUOTE]

Were we talking about the same store? lol I went to the Ronkonkoma store.

The only ones I see even worth the time might be ac:b and da2. But the margin isnt really big enough for me to bother, plus those titles are limited at my stores (as in 1 of each I hope to snag).

Problem is I'm totally unfamiliar with nintendo titles or ps3 exclusives.

[quote name='Althax']The only ones I see even worth the time might be ac:b and da2. But the margin isnt really big enough for me to bother, plus those titles are limited at my stores (as in 1 of each I hope to snag).

Problem is I'm totally unfamiliar with nintendo titles or ps3 exclusives.[/QUOTE]

Lol you over double your money on each with 40% bonus. But hey your decision

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Lol you over double your money on each with 40% bonus. But hey your decision[/QUOTE]

Ahh forgot about trade in bonuses. Told ya I'm new to this flipping stuff.

Ok. everything worked today. First store had no clue what was going on, even though their leaflet flyers said the deal specifically, and prices were not updated. Mostly blah stock. Second store was on the ball and had everything ready to go. Here is the loot:

:ps3:
Assassians Creed Brotherhood
The Fight
Skate 3
Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions
007 Blood Stone
Dragon Age Origins
Dragon Age Origins 2
Smackdown vs Raw 2011
Two Worlds II

:360:
Fable III

Most didn't have booklets, only Skate 3 didn't have artwork. Bought more for gifts and personal than flips. Best part was NO SOCCER MOM'S!

Im just here for the cheap ac brotherhood and any other quality titles I can add to my collection on the cheap. Profit possibilities are a distant concern.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Nobody should post any flips here as slickdeals people could be watching ....[/QUOTE]
Really good thing i didnt say Enslaved had a good flip on it... oh damn :booty:

Pretty nice haul for me...all rang up 14.99 unless noted. Awesome sale.

:ps3:
Assassins Creed Brotherhood
Dragon Age 2
Fallout NV
Bulletstorm
SW: TFU 2 ($9.99)
Two Worlds II

:wii:
Metroid Other M
Goldeneye
Epic Mickey
No More Heroes ($6.99)

[quote name='exaznkid']Really good thing i didnt say Enslaved had a good flip on it... oh damn :booty:[/QUOTE]

Edit your post, I have alredy given away the Pulse Racer flip earlier today. And NHL 2K7.

Got ten games with no real issue, cept of course that the employee was geeking out a bit about how to do the sale and it took me, what I presume to be another CAG and an off the clock employee in the store suggesting he just try ringing it up a couple of times before he finally did and found out that it worked.

Thanks for the info on the sale starting today. The only indication at my local store was that they reorganized all the games and movies. Every employee I spoke to there this week said Saturday for the sale. Lucky for me it seems that my local store takes a while to get cleaned out of games in these sales. Employees there don't seem that interested in games and I guess I'm the only CAGamer in the area. Picked up killzone 2, enslaved, mind jack, epic mick, and other m. I might go back for some Blus and maybe epic yarn. Most of the games I was scoping earlier this week were ones I picked up in the last sale or I read reviews that changed my mind about picking them up. Thanks again for all the great info.

[quote name='exaznkid']Really good thing i didnt say Enslaved had a good flip on it... oh damn :booty:[/QUOTE]

Posted to slickdeals. Im gonna get so much reps!

My Blockbuster had a shit ton of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood copies. So maybe I'm a jerk flipper but I could have cleaned out all of those copies and made one insane profit via trading them all into amazon but I only took two copies of the 360 and PS3 versions. Leaving like 10 copies of the game. Rounded those four out with Heavenly sword.

[quote name='killthemall4444']My Blockbuster had a shit ton of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood copies. So maybe I'm a jerk flipper but I could have cleaned out all of those copies and made one insane profit via trading them all into amazon but I only took two copies of the 360 and PS3 versions. Leaving like 10 copies of the game. Rounded those four out with Heavenly sword.[/QUOTE]

Considering you can only trade 3 copies to amazon within a 6 month period, an insane profit would have been a little difficult, but thanks for the the flip reminder.

bread's done
Back