The Blockbuster Thread XXV: June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

See here for the deal: http://www.blockbuster.com/stores

There used to be a coupon to print for it, but now stores should have the bar code to scan at the register.  If not, show them their own web page (above) and maybe they will figure it out.

See BlockbusterGuy's thread for a list of titles eligible under (and commonly found at BBV) for the promo:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310423-blockbuster-video-4th-of-july-sale-bogo/

Coming July 2nd: B1G1 free on games $29.99 and under

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that anything below here might be out of date. To be honest, I have no idea if Blockbuster even takes games for trade-in any more!

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos, post any trade-in values you have obtained, and discuss new and used game selection and availability. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Blockbuster store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (BBVto Amazon to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from BBV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit will be placed onto your store account
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Depending on state law you may or may not get sales tax added to your trade-ins (and thus get more than normal). You will always be charged sales tax where applicable on purchases.

Current Trade-In Deals
There are no trade-in deals at this time nor have there been for a very very long time. They did however just recently cut down all their trade-in values to Gamestop-like levels (but without deals to make them more appealing as at GS).

Trade-In Values

Trade-in prices are usually universal at Blockbuster, but can be wildly different at franchise Blockbuster stores. Used game prices change on Monday. We are not currently sure when trade-in values get updated but a few years ago it used to be on Mondays. Any quotes given in this thread may thus be good through Sunday of the current week. If you want to be sure to get the same value another CAG has reported then do your trading by Sunday as the price may drop on Monday.

Also note that many stores will no longer accept video games without cover art. This is the official policy for DVD trade-ins but apparently many clerks will confuse the two and not allow it for games either. Just beware that it might be a hassle if you have a disc-only game to trade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Blockbuster/Gamerush Threads (dating back to June 2005!):
1 (by no means the first one but the earliest that can be found - check it out for some drama)
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm...the price for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is still 19.99 at the store (price tag, didn't ask for price check). Is it possible that the store just haven't updated the price yet?

[quote name='CAG90210']Hm...the price for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is still 19.99 at the store (price tag, didn't ask for price check). Is it possible that the store just haven't updated the price yet?[/QUOTE]

extremely.

Managed to get:

:360: WWE 2011
:360: Two Worlds 2
:360: Dragon Age 2
:wii: Kirby's Epic Yarn
:ps3: F1 2010
:ps3: WWE 2011
:ps3: Assassin's Creed 2
:ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
:ps3: Spiderman Shattered Dimensions
:ps3: Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands

Not a bad haul at all.

[quote name='CAG90210']Hm...the price for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is still 19.99 at the store (price tag, didn't ask for price check). Is it possible that the store just haven't updated the price yet?[/QUOTE]

Yea, all reports say that it's $14.99. Plus I bought mine today at that price.

[quote name='admiralvic']extremely.[/QUOTE]

More than 1/2 the games I picked up today either had a $19.99 or $24.99 sticker on them; thanks to the updated lists (provided by fellow CAG's) I was able to "assure" the BBV Staff that they "should" ring up $14.99 (which they did; AC: Brotherhood :360:/:ps3: included)...

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']Today (@ BBV in/around Charleston, SC) was one for the Ages....[/QUOTE]

I grabbed a bunch in Florence today. I plan to hit up Sumter and Columbia tomorrow. Glad Charleston was fruitful. When I previewed yesterday, I got some Halo Reach Anniversary codes.

If you can find it, I HIGHLY recommend Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. This game is such a hidden gem with terrific gameplay, incredible voice-acting, and a very compelling story.

[quote name='Sgt Barone']If you can find it, I HIGHLY recommend Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. This game is such a hidden gem with terrific gameplay, incredible voice-acting, and a very compelling story.[/QUOTE]

I found quite a few. Might add it to the stack if I need one more, but I have a growing backlog of newer games.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']I found quite a few. Might add it to the stack if I need one more, but I have a growing backlog of newer games.[/QUOTE]

Get enslaved period ! I think the critics were too hard on it. I think the main gripes with the game was the simplisity of the gameplay. The combat system wasnt nearly as deep as heveanly sword and the platforming was kinda "automatic". That being said the graphics and art were really well done and i was into all of the characters (no generic marcus phenix and nethan hale type characters here. thank you ninja theory !). Ninja theory set out to make an adventure game and they did just that. They made you feel like you were on an real epic jurney with the odds stacked against you and that what i liked about it most.

Picked up
Blu- Inception
Blu- Disney Christmas Carol
Blu- Pirates Stranger Tides
X360- Spiderman Shattered D
Wii- Monopoly Streets

...pretty weak selection at my store.

[quote name='Sgt Barone']If you can find it, I HIGHLY recommend Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. This game is such a hidden gem with terrific gameplay, incredible voice-acting, and a very compelling story.[/QUOTE]

Yes !!!!!

Well that was stupid on my part. I decided to go out at 10:30 tonight to 3 of my closest BBV (about 10 miles) but it was a fruitless effort. I think I killed those 3 stores so bad the last time around they just had nothing to offer. There were one or two games at each store but nothing I did not already have or really really want. I thought about some flips but BBY just is not the same as they were the last sale and I just do not want to put the effort in. Anyway, that was a waste of an late night run...but I did get some Wendy's so it was not a complete failure.

[quote name='smashngrab77']I finally found El Hoardo today. I was at the BBV at 24 mi and hayes. I was looking thorugh the 360 games and through the rack I hear a rapid shuffling though the games. I look through the wire rack and there he was staring back at me. This particular beast had a scruffy red beard and a hat probably in his early 30's and had what appeared to be his mom with him with a very annoyed look on her face. Through the rack I saw him holding at least 4 copies of WWE SvR 11...??? and a few other games...looking very annoyed that there was not a better selection for him to hoard. This was later in the day and I turned around and went home because I knew that the rest of the stores in the area had been pillaged. On a positive note I would like to thank the store closest to me for being lazy and not pricing their games right. I was able to get the following from them today all priced $19.99
wii party x2
DA II x2
Dead space 2
pokemon pikachu
f1 2010 ps3
mafia 2
wwe 11
ACB

Thank you HB for all the great posts and updates. BBV should make you head of their VG marketing dept :)[/QUOTE]

Someone else might post about El Hoardo, and they could be describing you! LoL Two copies of two different games, and most of the biggest flips from the sale. Hey man, I'm not knocking it, I'll be doing the same shit, but you calling someone else 'El Hoardo' because he beat you to the punch seems a little ironic, to say the least.

scored 10 games at 2 different stores today, one before work, and one after

before work at 11 am I got WWE SvR 11, DA2, DS2, Bulletstorm, and Harry Potter DH2, all complete and games in good condtion.

2nd store after work went with ACB to flip most likely(already own), Shift 2, FF 13(gen case, no manual), Mindjack(gen case no manual) and Splatterhouse(gen case and no manual). Not too shabby and may try a 3rd blockbuster tomm. in hopes to finding some good ps3 titles, and some flips.

would love to know the good flips that are being talked about for the wii, as both sotres had quite a few decent titles, but I have no wii

[quote name='boogie4114']Hold your horses lol j/k. I've flipped quite a few games from the BBV on Houston St so u can't claim the throne yet lol.

Well I managed to find 2 Dragon Age 2's and a Wii Party at my local store and picked it up but now I regret not getting 2 more titles and I don't wanna go through the hassle of a return and rebuy so maybe I'll get what I wanted tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Omg theres one on houston street ? ! What is left there to grab ?

[quote name='VaultDweller']picked up

dead space 2
crysis 2
dead rising 2
vanquish
portal 2
bulletstorm
ass creed brotherhood
marvel vs capcom 3
cod mw2[/QUOTE]

I doubt portal 2 was priced at $15

[quote name='hawaiiboy']IO, the 3 for $20 and 5 for $30 runs til at least the end of the year as well as the retail 3 for $24.99 and 5 for $39.99. i know most of the games will be depleted over the weekend but the sale will be ongoing. its the other stuff thats just this weekend. $.49 rentals, $.49 coke etc.[/QUOTE]

I read through all of the recent pages (and always keep up with this thread)
Can you please go over the "retail 3 for $24.99 and 5 for $39.99"
Thanks

Edit: Scratch that, found it at http://www.blockbuster.com/openhouse for those interested.

[quote name='Artrigis']I doubt portal 2 was priced at $15[/QUOTE]

Unless he had a really bro employee, almost half of his games don't qualify for the sale (MvC3, Crysis 2, etc.)

Picked up....

Wii:
Epic Mickey
Metroid Other M
Goldeneye 007

Xbox 360:
Forza Motorsport 3
Shift 2
Bulletstorm
Dead Rising 2
MindJack
Spiderman Shattered Dimensions

PS3:
Bulletstorm
Assassins Creed Brotherhood

I could not find any copies of Alan Wake or Metro 2033. I hit 3 stores will go around some more tomorrow. Much thanks to the OP for this deal.

Got at least 2 employees that didn't know about the sale, no signage I found one table, but it was full of new still seal copies of Fallout Las Vegas, most of stores had tons of AC:B for PS3 and found only one copy of Dragons Age 3 but since is not my type of game left it for any other CAG to find.
Plenty of bulletstorm all around as well on those 3 stores. all within a 10 mile radio from Mesquite Tx. Will try to hit the Rockwall store and one in Dallas Tx that always has good inventory.

[quote name='obijuan71']

Got at least 2 employees that didn't know about the sale, no signage I found one table, but it was full of new still seal copies of Fallout Las Vegas, most of stores had tons of AC:B for PS3 and found only one copy of Dragons Age 3 but since is not my type of game left it for any other CAG to find.
[/QUOTE]

Damn, your store had some rare games. You should have bought those two. You could have made a lot of money.

Need to swing back to a BBV by my house tomorrow. Picked up LSWIII, ended up getting a beat to hell LSW Complete Saga. Hopefully they'll just look for the right disc.

[quote name='dino88']Damn, your store had some rare games. You should have bought those two. You could have made a lot of money.[/QUOTE]

I stop doing mad flips about a year ago, there were at least 10 seal copies of Fallout new Vegas for PS3 and Xbox 360. and that single Dragon age 3 copy how much is the TIV on those?

I don't think there will be there tomorrow but I may try.....

[quote name='obijuan71']I stop doing mad flips about a year ago, there were at least 10 seal copies of Fallout new Vegas for PS3 and Xbox 360. and that single Dragon age 3 copy how much is the TIV on those?

I don't think there will be there tomorrow but I may try.....[/QUOTE]

He was referring to your typing error, as it called Fallout New Vegas and Dragon Age 2 not 3, which has a 12.00+ value at a few places, New Vegas while a good game, isn't worth it for flipping purposes

Wow was checking some TIV on amazon and came across PokePark PA for wii, and remember seing a few copies at my late night stop at bb and see it trades for 19 bucks, hopefully TIV holds and store has them in the morning yeppers

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']I grabbed a bunch in Florence today. I plan to hit up Sumter and Columbia tomorrow. Glad Charleston was fruitful. When I previewed yesterday, I got some Halo Reach Anniversary codes.[/QUOTE]

Yes Sir...it was a lot of work but I hit the last three between 10:45 pm and Midnight (x 2 in Summerville, x 1 in Goose Creek); I have no idea how many games I picked up. I def. felt like "El Hoardo" but at my last stop (I think it was St. James Avenue?) the BBV Staff described to me what seemed like El Hoardo (which, in turn, made me not feel like El Hoardo). I said something like, "Have y'all been busy (or something like that)?" and the two chick Sighed and described to me what WAS/IS "El Hoardo(s)".

They said, "Well, first thing this AM, we had three guys lined up at the door and they maxed out their limit for today." Which made me think, "Either this store is/was LOADED or those three El Hoardo's picked the wrong games?". Right when the said "three guys lined up", the first thought was "El Hoardo" (whom Ive heard a lot about on CAG Deal Forums but have never personally encountered).

I gave up long distance travel (as you're getting ready to embark on tomorrow) when I left Birmingham, but the thought did cross my mind, "Should I go to Columbia tomorrow?" I don't think I'm gonna make it but best of luck to ya. Have you noticed an ABUNDANCE of AC: Brotherhood :ps3:? I don't think I saw one :360: but on the :ps3: it reminded me of FO: New Vegas (or Las Vegas as someone referred to it earlier)? Best of luck!

and then all that is ruined by the ending!

[quote name='bredbu']Yea thats what i meant if its to long to post you could pm it to me!! either way i would love to have a gameplan before i drive to my closest bbv which is about 40 mins away cuase of all these closings.

Thanks again[/QUOTE]

He might have meant it was too long to type out :)

Big ups to HawaiiBoy not only for giving us the head's up about the sale, but also for doing it early enough so that we could set up BBV flips and scout games ahead of time.

Hit 3 stores, got 1 set of 5 games at each and spent $0 out of pocket thanks to cheap copies of Brink, Duke, etc that I bought with credit elsewhere and traded in to BBV.

To Play: (All PS3)
Bulletstorm
Dead Rising 2
Just Cause 2
Dragon Age 2

To Flip:
Lotta overvalued Wii stuff

And thanks to the BBV employees who helped me thwart the middle-aged Filipino dude "El Hoardo" in SoCal by not updating the pricing stickers at my closest store. Gotta love a guy who leaves the store with 45+ games (including every copy of DA 2 and AC B) but has to watch me pick up the best Wii flips because they're still marked at $19.99 and I know how to read the forums. Guy even watched me pick up my personal copy of Bulletstorm then cleaned out the store out of those too like I knew something he didn't. Just crazy...

[quote name='mr mellow']Anyone have an idea how much Duke Nukem Forever is? would like to grab that during this sale[/QUOTE]
Just wait till Black Friday. Gamestop has it for $9.99 NEW.
[quote name='fishwaterjohn']More than 1/2 the games I picked up today either had a $19.99 or $24.99 sticker on them; thanks to the updated lists (provided by fellow CAG's) I was able to "assure" the BBV Staff that they "should" ring up $14.99 (which they did; AC: Brotherhood :360:/:ps3: included)...[/QUOTE]
Some of the games I picked up yesterday had literally 4-6 LAYERS of price stickers on them. Some of the oldest ones were actually as hard as those old EB Games square stickers to get off the cases.:cry: But that's one thing I have to say about Blockbuster stickers in general. Unless they've been on there since the beginning of time they come right off the cases w/ no problem whatsoever.:)
Agreed. But the ending was a :whistle2:s moment. I guess they were setting up for a sequel, but the game sold pretty poorly(it dropped to $19.99 NEW as fast if not faster than Brink and Hunted: Demon's Forge have).
[quote name='sgaldis']Someone else might post about El Hoardo, and they could be describing you! LoL Two copies of two different games, and most of the biggest flips from the sale. Hey man, I'm not knocking it, I'll be doing the same shit, but you calling someone else 'El Hoardo' because he beat you to the punch seems a little ironic, to say the least.[/QUOTE]
:lol::applause:

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']More than 1/2 the games I picked up today either had a $19.99 or $24.99 sticker on them; thanks to the updated lists (provided by fellow CAG's) I was able to "assure" the BBV Staff that they "should" ring up $14.99 (which they did; AC: Brotherhood :360:/:ps3: included)...[/QUOTE]
Some of the games I picked up yesterday had literally 4-6 LAYERS of price stickers on them. Some of the oldest ones were actually as hard as those old EB Games square stickers to get off the cases.:cry: But that's one thing I have to say about Blockbuster stickers in general. Unless they've been on there since the beginning of time they come right off the cases w/ no problem whatsoever.:)

Went to 4 blockbusters in the tampa bay area yesterday and succeed at 2 of them. The others were violated before i got there...

At my first one in New Port Richey

Metal Gear Solid 4
SZIEQXg8HgzD7Hb73d1dv983Go3gz2+BQICiKJIkIYQ4jrtcrvv7e5vNZrFYbm9vZVm+ubkB8DeCIHAc93q9brcbwzCHw2G1Ws1ms8lkMhqNnU7HYDD8BT0BUUKNL1XOAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
(PS3)
SZIEQXg8HgzD7Hb73d1dv983Go3gz2+BQICiKJIkIYQ4jrtcrvv7e5vNZrFYbm9vZVm+ubkB8DeCIHAc93q9brcbwzCHw2G1Ws1ms8lkMhqNnU7HYDD8BT0BUUKNL1XOAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Folklore
(PS3)

Dead Rising 2
(PS3)

Two Worlds II
(PS3)

Dragon Age II
(PS3)

My second on Gulf to Bay, Clearwater

Rockband 3
(PS3)

Lost Planet 2
(PS3)

Assassin's Creed II
(PS3)

Resistance II
(PS3)

The Shoot
(PS3)

Got one more store in Spring Hill I want to check today. Really want Rockband 3 for 360 if i can find it... if not i might just hold out to find a keyboard bundle.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Thanks HB. Here's my haul. I'm going to see if the online code works for Need for Speed, and Bulletstorm. If not, oh well. It's still an awesome deal! The only one that was incomplete was Yakuza 3. Don't matter. I'm checking tomorrow after work as well.

CIMG0006.jpg

Tree061
[/QUOTE]

YAKUZA 3 is a good find. amazed you even found one at blockbuster

I checked one store the night before while I was out, there was nothing interesting beyond one copy of Mario vs DK (which would be great if I could find 2 other things to go with it). The store closest to work takes such terrible care of their games that it's embarassing - they put the stand outside normally and all the covers are bleached out and cracking.

Only thing that looks interesting from the recent drops is Two Worlds II, and two stores show that in stock, so I'll hit the closest one and probably call it a day.

[quote name='spideymike']I picked up :360: Bulletstorm, Fable III, Harry Potter 7 part 2, Fallout NV and :ps3: Megamind. I honestly didn't need to buy any of these games since my backlog since being on CAG since 2003 has made my backlog huge, but I can't pass up good gaming deals.[/QUOTE]

i hear ya. I have over a hundred titles in my backlog and that is no exaggeration. Plus I have gamefly 2 at a time, blockbuster game pass, and blockbuster online. I jump around a lot on games so I never get to finish the ones I got and then the next big hit comes out and I wanna give that a try. I made myself beat a game the other day, (ICO HD) since I havent beat one in a while... but i still have the other half (Shadows of Colossus HD). Maybe im hoarding but we all have our ticks.

I am about to hit 4 Blockbusters in the Va Beach area, hoping that they aren't cleaned out after yesterday. Fortunately, none of the titles I want to play are the big flips, so maybe I'll be lucky.

[quote name='sgaldis']Someone else might post about El Hoardo, and they could be describing you! LoL Two copies of two different games, and most of the biggest flips from the sale. Hey man, I'm not knocking it, I'll be doing the same shit, but you calling someone else 'El Hoardo' because he beat you to the punch seems a little ironic, to say the least.[/QUOTE]

So it was you!!!! No J/k i actually left copies of those games on the shelf when I left and did not wipe out the store of all of the AAA flippable titles. The most I bought from one store was 5 games. I also bet that the same guy will lurk this post and the next time I go to my local store it will be wiped out.

Snagged for flip:
Fire Emblem x2 ( Had 4 but left 2 for others )
Fight Night Champion ps3
Wii Party
Just dance party x4 ( Each Store Had Like 10 )
monopoly streets x 2
Pokemon park x 3 ( Abundant Also )
Lega Pirates of the caribbean x3
Wario Ware
Rock Band 3 x3 ( Abundant Also )

Had lots of pokemon and mario's for ds and wii but left them for others.

and for me to keep:

Assassins CBH
Transformers WFC
Spiderman SD
Fallout NV
Fable 3
Star Ocean
Lego starwars 3
Need For Speed S2
Dead Space 2
Final Fantasy 13

Glad I didn't get any of these games on there release Date lol.
2 down, 4 more blockbusters to go. Hope good stuff there, and of course I will Leave a good bit for others.

[quote name='smashngrab77']So it was you!!!! No J/k i actually left copies of those games on the shelf when I left and did not wipe out the store of all of the AAA flippable titles. The most I bought from one store was 5 games. I also bet that the same guy will lurk this post and the next time I go to my local store it will be wiped out.[/QUOTE]

you probably didn't head to the Saginaw MI store by chance? Hoping its not cleaned out.

No. Just check the $14.99 game lists from the OP and/or check back for Hawaiiboy's post about the games that dropped to $14.99 just before the sale started. Those two spots should give you a lengthy enough list to work with.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']No. Just check the $14.99 game lists from the OP and/or check back for Hawaiiboy's post about the games that dropped to $14.99 just before the sale started. Those two spots should give you a lengthy enough list to work with.;)[/QUOTE]

Okay thanks IATCG! :)

[quote name='sclub']Does anyone know the trade in value for Kinect Adventures? Saw it for $40 used on the shelf.[/QUOTE]

I hope this is a joke. It trades in for maybe a penny. Its the preoackaged game with the Kinect

bread's done
Back