The Blockbuster Thread XXV: June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

See here for the deal: http://www.blockbuster.com/stores

There used to be a coupon to print for it, but now stores should have the bar code to scan at the register.  If not, show them their own web page (above) and maybe they will figure it out.

See BlockbusterGuy's thread for a list of titles eligible under (and commonly found at BBV) for the promo:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310423-blockbuster-video-4th-of-july-sale-bogo/

Coming July 2nd: B1G1 free on games $29.99 and under

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that anything below here might be out of date. To be honest, I have no idea if Blockbuster even takes games for trade-in any more!

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos, post any trade-in values you have obtained, and discuss new and used game selection and availability. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Blockbuster store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (BBVto Amazon to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from BBV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit will be placed onto your store account
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Depending on state law you may or may not get sales tax added to your trade-ins (and thus get more than normal). You will always be charged sales tax where applicable on purchases.

Current Trade-In Deals
There are no trade-in deals at this time nor have there been for a very very long time. They did however just recently cut down all their trade-in values to Gamestop-like levels (but without deals to make them more appealing as at GS).

Trade-In Values

Trade-in prices are usually universal at Blockbuster, but can be wildly different at franchise Blockbuster stores. Used game prices change on Monday. We are not currently sure when trade-in values get updated but a few years ago it used to be on Mondays. Any quotes given in this thread may thus be good through Sunday of the current week. If you want to be sure to get the same value another CAG has reported then do your trading by Sunday as the price may drop on Monday.

Also note that many stores will no longer accept video games without cover art. This is the official policy for DVD trade-ins but apparently many clerks will confuse the two and not allow it for games either. Just beware that it might be a hassle if you have a disc-only game to trade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Blockbuster/Gamerush Threads (dating back to June 2005!):
1 (by no means the first one but the earliest that can be found - check it out for some drama)
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Bah.

Are Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Space Marines worth 19.99 each?[/QUOTE]
Space Marines is very repetitive and was barely worth the $10 I paid at BB for it on New Year's Eve after using an @Gamer coupon. As for Deus Ex, the only quirk I've found with the game is the clicking the right stick to go into fine aim mode thing.

[quote name='DigitalMP']As a previous BBV manager, I have been assigned to close 2 different stores in the past year since the acquisition and 1 about 3 years ago. Any deal that happens is downloaded straight to the Point of Sale computers from corporate. During a store closing we would get emails of bar-codes to print out that had specific prices for EVERYTHING. I had to use a binder with like 22 pages of bar-codes for everything.

And as someone said earlier, yes employees would grab everything of value lol. I remember having Resident Evil 5 coll edition, street fighter 4 collect edition, COD MW2, and a few other games hidden in the drawers at 3 different stores. Just wait until the last 2 weeks when everything is 75-90% off.[/QUOTE]

If I was a manager or a regular employee, I would do the exact same thing. It's a small consolidation that the employees deserve.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Space Marines is very repetitive and was barely worth the $10 I paid at BB for it on New Year's Eve after using an @Gamer coupon. As for Deus Ex, the only quirk I've found with the game is the clicking the right stick to go into fine aim mode thing.[/QUOTE]

lol, I still have Space Marine sealed after that same BB sale. Deus Ex is superb imo, worth $40 easy.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']If I was a manager or a regular employee, I would do the exact same thing. It's a small consolidation that the employees deserve.[/QUOTE]
I have no problem with employees saving 1 or 2 games for themselves and maybe even some movies, but some of the c'suckers here were saving whole drawers full of stuff and even letting their friends and family save shit that would've otherwise been out on the floor for sale.:roll:

That, to me, is horseshit.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I have no problem with employees saving 1 or 2 games for themselves and maybe even some movies, but some of the c'suckers here were saving whole drawers full of stuff and even letting their friends and family save shit that would've otherwise been out on the floor for sale.:roll:

That, to me, is horseshit.[/QUOTE]

That's messed up. I remember we were told if we were caught holding/stealing items during the final days of Hollywood Video/GameCrazy, we would get fired. By the time they closed, we barely had anything of value left.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']That's messed up. I remember we were told if we were caught holding/stealing items during the final days of Hollywood Video/GameCrazy, we would get fired. By the time they closed, we barely had anything of value left.[/QUOTE]

I think alot of people expect more from employees of a store than they expect of themselves. Its just a job and they are cheapasses like the rest of us, why wouldnt they do this if they could?

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']That's messed up. I remember we were told if we were caught holding/stealing items during the final days of Hollywood Video/GameCrazy, we would get fired. By the time they closed, we barely had anything of value left.[/QUOTE]

When our Hollywood Video closed they actually held stuff for me in drawers since all of the employees knew me from shopping/renting there for years. I still see them from time to time even. I miss that store.

[quote name='kanamit']I think alot of people expect more from employees of a store than they expect of themselves. Its just a job and they are cheapasses like the rest of us, why wouldnt they do this if they could?[/QUOTE]
Because it's one thing to hold a couple items for yourself. That I can understand. But holding shit for friends and relatives and holding a TON of shit till the last couple of days when everything is gonna be super cheap? fuck that. I do sympathize with the employees a bit since they're losing employment and in this shitty economy it's gonna be tough to find another job most likely.

But I'm sure the liquidators running the sale would have loved to have found out that they were screwed out of a bunch of profit because the workers opted to hoard everything till the last week of business.
[quote name='georox']When our Hollywood Video closed they actually held stuff for me in drawers since all of the employees knew me from shopping/renting there for years. I still see them from time to time even. I miss that store.[/QUOTE]
I knew quite a few employees from HWV from all of the $5 sales over their last couple years of business. But if I had them hold me maybe 1-2 items during those $5 sales it was a miracle. By comparison I'd go in the first day of one of those sales and see STACKS of games sitting on the back shelf with post-it notes on top of each stack saying who they were 'reserved' for.

It kinda defeated the purpose of getting up early to be at the store at opening to partake in the sale when 80-90% of the stuff I saw just the day before was now sitting on a shelf waiting for some lazy ass to traipse in at 3-4pm because they couldn't be bothered to get up and try to grab the items BEFORE they go to work or school.

Of course, pot meet kettle, since I did have a fat stack of shit saved for my own uses at my closest BBV when this sale started. Mind you, I was there right at opening for them, so I woulda most likely grabbed them all anyway. But I'll shut up now on that.:lol:

Employees at these places have 0 incentive to give a shit about the customers though. It is a job they have already lost and are just going through the motions to collect a paycheck. And why would they care about the liquidators making money? That is profit off of the employees loosing their job. It is honestly shocking that the employees holding stuff until the last week isn't more of a problem in situations like this.

[quote name='georox']When our Hollywood Video closed they actually held stuff for me in drawers since all of the employees knew me from shopping/renting there for years. I still see them from time to time even. I miss that store.[/QUOTE]

Same. I miss that place. Some of the best video game deals I've ever gotten.

[quote name='ackbar7']Employees at these places have 0 incentive to give a shit about the customers though. It is a job they have already lost and are just going through the motions to collect a paycheck. And why would they care about the liquidators making money? That is profit off of the employees loosing their job. It is honestly shocking that the employees holding stuff until the last week isn't more of a problem in situations like this.[/QUOTE]

Gotta agree. I know most of us would do the same thing. I mean; we all took advantage of the Kinect Adventures and Red Faction and Brink flips forever, and most of us never thought twice about it - neither about the well being of the company or whether what we were doing was "right." And we didn't just lose our jobs at that same company.

I know I'd save games until the last day for myself and for my friends; I can't get too terribly mad at anyone else doing it. One of the very few perks of working a shit job for a shit company in a shit economy during shit times right before getting fired ;p

[quote name='mattcube64']Gotta agree. I know most of us would do the same thing. I mean; we all took advantage of the Kinect Adventures and Red Faction and Brink flips forever, and most of us never thought twice about it - neither about the well being of the company or whether what we were doing was "right." And we didn't just lose our jobs at that same company.

I know I'd save games until the last day for myself and for my friends; I can't get too terribly mad at anyone else doing it. One of the very few perks of working a shit job for a shit company in a shit economy during shit times right before getting fired ;p[/QUOTE]
Wow. I guess I must be the only flipper who didn't actually do those woefully lopsided flips to Blockbuster. But I guess that's cuz I was hoping that Dish was somehow going to keep more than 1% of the frickin' chain open for longer than a year after acquiring them. Not to mention I like shopping there since they have some decent deals(current one especially) and I get along pretty well with all of the employees there.

As for the holding tons and tons of shit, I still say it's wrong, though the only store I found them doing this at was one I never found much of anything at when they were open normally anyway. Of course, this could be because the one CAG's wife(who I knew from AOL back in the day no less) worked there, so she most likely yanked anything decent off the shelves before a sale would start.:cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Wow. I guess I must be the only flipper who didn't actually do those woefully lopsided flips to Blockbuster. But I guess that's cuz I was hoping that Dish was somehow going to keep more than 1% of the frickin' chain open for longer than a year after acquiring them. Not to mention I like shopping there since they have some decent deals(current one especially) and I get along pretty well with all of the employees there.

As for the holding tons and tons of shit, I still say it's wrong, though the only store I found them doing this at was one I never found much of anything at when they were open normally anyway. Of course, this could be because the one CAG's wife(who I knew from AOL back in the day no less) worked there, so she most likely yanked anything decent off the shelves before a sale would start.:cry:[/QUOTE]

You know I like ya, IATCG; so no hard feelings - I completely understand your plight. To be honest, I didn't totally pillage these stores with such flips, either. I certainly traded a few though; but never 10, 20, or 30+ like some people. Sucks they're doing that. I guess I just can't be mad at someone who is being forced to work for the same company that is soon firing them during a crap economy.

I graduated in May and still haven't found work; so I can sympathize, I guess ;p

Went to the last day of a closing Blockbuster and it was weak. Games were long gone, and blurays were all still $4.99, the employees said that whatever didn't sell would be sent to other Blockbusters. Yeah I'm sure some lucky Blockbuster can't wait to get that shipment of 10+ copies of Clash of the Titans and the Nightmare on Elm Street remake.

Usually the last day of a store closing sale is the best day to go in.....if you want direct to DVD/Blu-Ray movies you've never fuckin' heard of before by the third cousin twice removed of some nearly has-been Hollywood stars or random volumes of tv box sets that have been picked apart during the rest of the sale.

Don't get me wrong. I picked up a 27" SDtv for $10 from Hollywood Video when they were within their last week of business. Even if I got 2 hours of use out of it I'd be happy as hell.

But otherwise, the only things worth a damn that're left(and sometimes not even) by the end of the sales are the shelves. Although you can sometimes find tolerable movies for $1 each in the last hour the store is open on the final day. It happens but it's definitely rare.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Wow. I guess I must be the only flipper who didn't actually do those woefully lopsided flips to Blockbuster. But I guess that's cuz I was hoping that Dish was somehow going to keep more than 1% of the frickin' chain open for longer than a year after acquiring them. Not to mention I like shopping there since they have some decent deals(current one especially) and I get along pretty well with all of the employees there.

As for the holding tons and tons of shit, I still say it's wrong, though the only store I found them doing this at was one I never found much of anything at when they were open normally anyway. Of course, this could be because the one CAG's wife(who I knew from AOL back in the day no less) worked there, so she most likely yanked anything decent off the shelves before a sale would start.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Make no mistake I too think its wrong and as a gamer and low level(very low) flipper it pisses me off for selfish reasons as i get less deals. I just remind myself that I know alot of people that abuse opportunity and to think that those people also dont have jobs somewhere and abuse whatever opportunities come their way...

As someone once said, i dont condone what they did...but I UNDERSTAND.;)

I managed to get a copy of Wassup Rockers from a closing Movie Gallery here and was extremely pleased to get it for next-to-nothing. There are some gems sometimes at closing stores.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
As for the holding tons and tons of shit, I still say it's wrong, though the only store I found them doing this at was one I never found much of anything at when they were open normally anyway. [/QUOTE]

I hate when they leave the game case on the floor and decide to just swipe the game from the back. I suppose it is cheaper and easier for them, especially when you cut out the excessive waiting for the price to come down.

Not only do they get a bbv employee discount, but a five-fingered one too.

I closed out 5 stores in Okieland... I spent porbably $900 on blu-rays, video games, disney movies & dvd series worth THOUSANDS..... my god we kicked HWV in the nuts on that one. And people saying "it's wrong" .... fuck you, I had to deal with stupid asses, dickheads and morons who were shitty, rude and I was losing my job and had to put up with them?! That was my piece of the pie and I fucking ate that shit.

A blockbuster by me had new rental transfers today. Nothing that anyone probably would want but first time in a long time I have seen new games out that qualified for the $14.99 sale.

Only wii games though. Picked up

Madden 11
Trivial Pursuit
Wheel of Fortune
Metal Slug Anthology
Harry Potter Deathly Hallows 1
Punch-Out
MySims Racing
Scooby-Doo The Spooky Swamp

[quote name='StealOfADeal']I closed out 5 stores in Okieland... I spent porbably $900 on blu-rays, video games, disney movies & dvd series worth THOUSANDS..... my god we kicked HWV in the nuts on that one. And people saying "it's wrong" .... fuck you, I had to deal with stupid asses, dickheads and morons who were shitty, rude and I was losing my job and had to put up with them?! That was my piece of the pie and I fucking ate that shit.[/QUOTE]
Don't get me wrong. Dealing with rude people was one of the things I hated most about working retail jobs. You were treated like an hourly gopher/slave by ignorant customers. Unfortunately since I'm 'girthy'(read: fat/stocky) I was relegated to carryout service for Hill's department store back in the day.

People would stand there and not lift one finger to attempt to help me put their big ass crap into their car/truck/minivan and then you got not even one thank you. After putting up with that shit for a couple of weeks, I would conveniently 'be in the bathroom' for 20-25 minutes while they found some other sap to go break their back helping the rude mf'ers.

So believe me, I do understand about rude/ignorant/asshole customers. I've been there and done that. That's why I stopped being one of 'those' customers and try to shoot the shit with the employees at closing stores to see if I can get some sorta info on what kinda stuff may be left 'in the back' or if/when something good may go up for sale.

Then if there's nothing good left, I wish em good luck in their future endeavours n I leave.

But hiding tons of shit so other customers can't get it IS being greedy/selfish.:razz:

Oh and btw...what does shit pie(your piece of the pie n you 'ate that shit') taste like? Is it anything like rhubarb?;)

So one of the closing stores by me hit the 50-60% discount range for most of the movies and such, but all the game's were gone. Just plain missing, like they had never been there. So I asked, and apparently they were shipped to another non-closing store. So basically, soon as the discount would of made some of those game's a good buy, they were sent elsewhere.

[quote name='StealOfADeal']I closed out 5 stores in Okieland... I spent porbably $900 on blu-rays, video games, disney movies & dvd series worth THOUSANDS..... my god we kicked HWV in the nuts on that one. And people saying "it's wrong" .... fuck you, I had to deal with stupid asses, dickheads and morons who were shitty, rude and I was losing my job and had to put up with them?! That was my piece of the pie and I fucking ate that shit.[/QUOTE]You eat turds for breakfast?

pee+wee.bmp
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Don't get me wrong. Dealing with rude people was one of the things I hated most about working retail jobs. You were treated like an hourly gopher/slave by ignorant customers. Unfortunately since I'm 'girthy'(read: fat/stocky) I was relegated to carryout service for Hill's department store back in the day.;)[/QUOTE]

"girthy" is the secret word of the day

I have a question that anyone can answer, but preferably someone who's witnessed it. For the closing stores, is the cycle of price drops in 10% margins? Meaning the games at my store last week were 20% off, will they be 30% off this week and 40% the next week and so on? The manager told me they do their price drops on Monday so I wanted to check it out tomorrow.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Don't get me wrong. Dealing with rude people was one of the things I hated most about working retail jobs. You were treated like an hourly gopher/slave by ignorant customers. Unfortunately since I'm 'girthy'(read: fat/stocky) I was relegated to carryout service for Hill's department store back in the day.

People would stand there and not lift one finger to attempt to help me put their big ass crap into their car/truck/minivan and then you got not even one thank you. After putting up with that shit for a couple of weeks, I would conveniently 'be in the bathroom' for 20-25 minutes while they found some other sap to go break their back helping the rude mf'ers.

So believe me, I do understand about rude/ignorant/asshole customers. I've been there and done that. That's why I stopped being one of 'those' customers and try to shoot the shit with the employees at closing stores to see if I can get some sorta info on what kinda stuff may be left 'in the back' or if/when something good may go up for sale.

Then if there's nothing good left, I wish em good luck in their future endeavours n I leave.

But hiding tons of shit so other customers can't get it IS being greedy/selfish.:razz:

Oh and btw...what does shit pie(your piece of the pie n you 'ate that shit') taste like? Is it anything like rhubarb?;)[/QUOTE]

Must admit the rhubarb joke was good, haha. :applause: and I was a "stocky" fella as well, (I've worked a officemax, bestbuy, grocery stores so I know what it's like to be used as a "work horse" anyways at HWV we had to break down the shelfs and other fixtures and I had to climb to the top of ladders (not fun, especially a big guy on one) and get down TV's and customers were more concerned I'd drop a TV then me falling... I'm just saying me and my manager did our biz, we helped out 3/4 of the customers usually but we also made damn sure to get some of the best stuff. Though after that I worked at the blockbuster one block over for several months and after hearing of the first original closings & money waivers back in Dec '10 I bailed to Hastings until I got a job at a local TV station.... thank god I'm done with retail. In the end, i don't blame them, if they're gonna buy it, take what they want cuz in the end they are losing their job & getting treated like shit by the liquidators, the customers and even the company.

[quote name='jdawgg76']You eat turds for breakfast?[/QUOTE]

Man I hope you have a day job, your jokes suck.

[quote name='Tsel']I have a question that anyone can answer, but preferably someone who's witnessed it. For the closing stores, is the cycle of price drops in 10% margins? Meaning the games at my store last week were 20% off, will they be 30% off this week and 40% the next week and so on? The manager told me they do their price drops on Monday so I wanted to check it out tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

My store is doing a two month close. The games were 10% off week one. Weeks 2, 3, 4, and 5 were 20% off. They finally jumped to 30% today (caught us by surprise), but they are staying 30% for this week and the next. 40% week after and 50% for the last week.

[quote name='StealOfADeal']Must admit the rhubarb joke was good, haha. :applause: and I was a "stocky" fella as well, (I've worked a officemax, bestbuy, grocery stores so I know what it's like to be used as a "work horse" anyways at HWV we had to break down the shelfs and other fixtures and I had to climb to the top of ladders (not fun, especially a big guy on one) and get down TV's and customers were more concerned I'd drop a TV then me falling... I'm just saying me and my manager did our biz, we helped out 3/4 of the customers usually but we also made damn sure to get some of the best stuff. Though after that I worked at the blockbuster one block over for several months and after hearing of the first original closings & money waivers back in Dec '10 I bailed to Hastings until I got a job at a local TV station.... thank god I'm done with retail. In the end, i don't blame them, if they're gonna buy it, take what they want cuz in the end they are losing their job & getting treated like shit by the liquidators, the customers and even the company.

Man I hope you have a day job, your jokes suck.[/QUOTE]Tell that to the writers of Happy Gilmore you humorless pile of vaginal waste. BTW, my day job is kicking tubby a$$ and chewing gum. And I'm all out of gum . . .

Found a few nice $14.99 and under previewed blu-rays today at BBV. They had Super 8 on blu-ray (no cover art), Hot Fuzz on bluray, and a few others. They didn't have any $14.99 or under games except for one lonely copy of MindJack

Just found my my local BBV is starting their liquidation this Sunday I think it is. Sucks that they just found out a couple days ago too, doesnt give many employees time to prepare/look for another job. This is the Anderson, SC location by the way...I dont think there are any CAGs around here, but I could be wrong.

By the way, IF there are any CAGs in the area, dont bother running to the store before the liquidation. They already transferred nearly all the decent games to other stores, leaving maybe 2-3 games $14.99 and under left.

[quote name='aspen1284']Just found my my local BBV is starting their liquidation this Sunday I think it is. Sucks that they just found out a couple days ago too, doesnt give many employees time to prepare/look for another job. This is the Anderson, SC location by the way...I dont think there are any CAGs around here, but I could be wrong.

By the way, IF there are any CAGs in the area, dont bother running to the store before the liquidation. They already transferred nearly all the decent games to other stores, leaving maybe 2-3 games $14.99 and under left.[/QUOTE]Thanks, I pass through and stop by that store every now and then. Guess I won't next time I head up 85. Always seemed like nice people working there. Too bad.

[quote name='aspen1284']Just found my my local BBV is starting their liquidation this Sunday I think it is. Sucks that they just found out a couple days ago too, doesnt give many employees time to prepare/look for another job. This is the Anderson, SC location by the way...I dont think there are any CAGs around here, but I could be wrong.

By the way, IF there are any CAGs in the area, dont bother running to the store before the liquidation. They already transferred nearly all the decent games to other stores, leaving maybe 2-3 games $14.99 and under left.[/QUOTE]You should ask them if they will convert rentals (probably better luck w/ blus or DVDs than games) for you so that you can take advantage of the 3 for $15.

I stopped at a local closing store today, and was told that two more local stores that had been staying open so far will now be starting their liquidation sales next Monday. I'm not sure if any Detroit-area stores will be staying open at all.

[quote name='DJP519']I stopped at a local closing store today, and was told that two more local stores that had been staying open so far will now be starting their liquidation sales next Monday. I'm not sure if any Detroit-area stores will be staying open at all.[/QUOTE]

All the stores in northern New Jersey are either going out of business now or I heard are going out in the next round coming up, so it looks like this will be it for me with blockbusters in the next few months.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Thanks, I pass through and stop by that store every now and then. Guess I won't next time I head up 85. Always seemed like nice people working there. Too bad.[/QUOTE]

Yea man, employees were all cool and the manager is the nicest little old lady... News that they were closing bummed me out quite a bit (and not just because of the potential of missing out on deals), despressing that all those nice people that did their job well are lossing their jobs.

Also, good idea on the rental conversion thing...didnt even think about that. I have such a good relationship with everyone there that I dont see why they wouldnt do it for me really. They even let me cash out my credit that I had left today into actual cash...$55!

[quote name='DJP519']I stopped at a local closing store today, and was told that two more local stores that had been staying open so far will now be starting their liquidation sales next Monday. I'm not sure if any Detroit-area stores will be staying open at all.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was at one in Farmington Hills, and pretty much got the same idea from what they were saying.

[quote name='timberwolfbobby']Yeah, I was at one in Farmington Hills, and pretty much got the same idea from what they were saying.[/QUOTE]

Right in my same neighborhood. I was at the 7 Mile & Middlebelt store today, and was told the 9 & Middlebelt store and the 5 & Merriman store would both start liquidating on Monday. I'm not sure about the store at 9 Mile & Novi Rd. That one was open the last I checked, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is also on next week's hit list.

Around here, they definitely seemed to have over-saturated the market previously, but they've already closed nearly half of the area stores over the past year or so. Looks like they're calling it quits completely now.

One note, that store previously had a "moving" sign up, but it's now been replaced with a "closing" store. At least they're being a bit more honest about it now!

I don't remember hearing about :ps3: Deus Ex getting a price drop, but it was $19.99 at my store and I managed to snag it for $13 after closing discounts. I'd rather have the 360 version, but that was still $49.99.

ALL blus at my store are now $5.99. I'd love to pick up Crazy, Stupid, Love but that stupid infoless artwork bugs the hell out of me.

[quote name='Tsel']I don't remember hearing about :ps3: Deus Ex getting a price drop, but it was $19.99 at my store and I managed to snag it for $13 after closing discounts. I'd rather have the 360 version, but that was still $49.99.

ALL blus at my store are now $5.99. I'd love to pick up Crazy, Stupid, Love but that stupid infoless artwork bugs the hell out of me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Deus Ex has been $19.99 for a few weeks now.

That said, the BBVs around here bumped UP the prices to the $50-range when the closings began. I'd be a lot more interested in the upcoming closing hitting on the first if they'll knock off the lower, current prices.

[quote name='mattcube64']Yeah, Deus Ex has been $19.99 for a few weeks now.

That said, the BBVs around here bumped UP the prices to the $50-range when the closings began. I'd be a lot more interested in the upcoming closing hitting on the first if they'll knock off the lower, current prices.[/QUOTE]

I should've known you'd be right behind me answering my questions. ;)

Is the 360 version $20 as well and was just mislabeled? Same goes for Captain America: Super Soldier. $50 for 360, $20 for PS3.

I don't know if Hawaiiboy mentioned these drops or not, but BOTH Little Big Planet 2 and Dungeon Siege III are $19.99 pre-owned in store now. I just wonder if the tiv for DS3 is still $17 while the used price is only $2.99 higher than that.;)

That'd be L.A. Noire all over again, where the tiv is almost as high as the used price.:D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I don't know if Hawaiiboy mentioned these drops or not, but BOTH Little Big Planet 2 and Dungeon Siege III are $19.99 pre-owned in store now. I just wonder if the tiv for DS3 is still $17 while the used price is only $2.99 higher than that.;)

That'd be L.A. Noire all over again, where the tiv is almost as high as the used price.:D[/QUOTE]

Yeah but what made LA Noire worth it was the fact that it was included in the 3 for $15 so $12 TIV would net you the game back at $5 (theoretically, I never actually did the flip). DS3 would just be a $3 loss, no?

[quote name='esalw822']Yeah but what made LA Noire worth it was the fact that it was included in the 3 for $15 so $12 TIV would net you the game back at $5 (theoretically, I never actually did the flip). DS3 would just be a $3 loss, no?[/QUOTE]
If you somehow managed to finish the game quick enough(pretty hard for an RPG though) and the tiv remained the same as it was, then it would essentially be a $3 rental. At least that's the way I'd look at it.;)

Damn, if only there was a copy of LBP2 at my store. It being $20 would make it around the $13 mark after the closing discounts. Sadly, I did not see a single copy. Bummer. =/

There's got to be a price drop coming ... only trouble is .. it's probably Duke Nuke 'em, and it will drop to $15.01.

Geesh. I didn't even want it when I could buy it for 5.

[quote name='aspen1284']Yea man, employees were all cool and the manager is the nicest little old lady... News that they were closing bummed me out quite a bit (and not just because of the potential of missing out on deals), despressing that all those nice people that did their job well are lossing their jobs.

Also, good idea on the rental conversion thing...didnt even think about that. I have such a good relationship with everyone there that I dont see why they wouldnt do it for me really. They even let me cash out my credit that I had left today into actual cash...$55![/QUOTE]

If the store's closing, then there won't be anymore rentals, so there'll be nothing to convert. Everything will be sold individually, so no more 3 for 15 or any bundles for that matter. Sucks, I know.

bread's done
Back