The BLT, OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Where exactly are you at, can you beef up the detail a bit? I haven't played the game in years...are you still at the Temple, or have you left for the Star Forge?[/QUOTE]

I've got all the star maps, minus the one on Tattooine. This is because the first time I passed the turrets, I didn't have the bot who spoke the language. Now that I do, I get ambushed and attacked each time and can't get past the turret. I've just abandoned Bastila on the Leviathan.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']I don't think anything associated with superman could ever be good.[/QUOTE]

Superman I & II along with Smallville all say Hi.

Along with the fanedit Superman Redeemed - which is an edit taking the best parts of 3 and 4 and putting them into one film. Here's the info on that fanedit.

Superman Redeemed
This project of pure insanity presents a hybrid cut of Superman III and IV, with elements of all four films worked in. I had the crazy concept for this film after watching them for the first time since I was a kid. Though they're both miserably wretched to watch, they do have some fantastic elements in them. III had the great stuff with Lana in Smallville, plus the classic good vs. evil Superman battle. IV had a great concept with Superman trying to disarm the world and Lex trying to capitalize on it, but the FX were miserable, the action sequences were misguided, Lenny was annoying, and the whole Lacy plot was nothing but superfluous padding. It would have been a great movie of the week in the early 80s at best.

Was there enough salvagable material in these two, and could it be constructed into a working plot? I wasn't even sure going into it, but I thought so. When I realized that the Paris sequence from Lester's SII could be the lynchpin of the story, it all fell into place. The end result is surprisingly coherent and entertaining. Some bad FX still remain, and a couple of disjointed cuts were inescapable, but it's better than sitting through those two films in their entirety ever again. Just as the character of Superman is redeemed in the junkyard, so do these two junky films get redeemed, leaving a more fitting legacy for Christopher Reeve. Hence the name: Superman Redeemed.

I could detail the edit, but I think I'll let it speak for itself. A few notes though:
1) A healthy dose of the STM Original Soundtrack helps to patch scenes together and punch others up.
2) Lenny doesn't bust out Lex, Miss Tessmacher does while Otis looks on, dumbfounded. It was great to put these characters into this film. Thank you Donner Cut Deleted Scenes!
3) Brando is heard.
4) Darth Editous is the coolest guy on this board. One key shot still had Richard Pryor in it, which I was prepared to accept after my slipshod attempts at digital character removal. Then DE offered to fix this and presented the result in less than a day. As Clark would best say it: "Golly, what a swell guy!"

[quote name='Mike23']I've got all the star maps, minus the one on Tattooine. This is because the first time I passed the turrets, I didn't have the bot who spoke the language. Now that I do, I get ambushed and attacked each time and can't get past the turret. I've just abandoned Bastila on the Leviathan.[/QUOTE]
Hmmm...shit, I just can't remember.

This is one of those games I want to replay again, but at 40+ hours, I can't justify putting it ahead of unplayed ones.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Superman I & II along with Smallville all say Hi.

Along with the fanedit Superman Redeemed - which is an edit taking the best parts of 3 and 4 and putting them into one film. Here's the info on that fanedit.
[/QUOTE] Fail.

[quote name='The Crotch']Mononononononoke (or anyone else, but mainly him): New Maps of Hell, yay or nay?[/quote]

Certainly a yay.

It's definitely a return to their old, pre-Atlantic sound, at least intensity-wise. It's better than a lot of their Gurewitz-less stuff, but that's pretty much expected. I think I prefer Process of Belief, and I certainly prefer the first 2/3 of Empire Strikes First. It is a pretty great album though. It took a few listens to grow on me, but overall, I definitely like it a lot.

In other news, the one Guitar Hero Encore that I listed on eBay has been bid up to $46.00, with about four minutes left. Awesome.

My little sister and her friend have been playing Ocarina of Time for about 4 hours and have been on the water temple the entire time. To make it even worse on their part, they have a guide. Tsk, tsk.

yeah for sure, the first three boards everyone was just using their lancer.. over.. and over.. and over.. and over..

On one map I got 15 headshots, and it was up to 5.

[quote name='zewone']When I played with them, they just hid around corners with the chainsaws.

On my team and the other team.[/quote]
yeah exactly, and some dude seemed like he didn't even know how to play, out of like six boards, he got at most four kills.

CAG gaming night = AIDS.

I atleast thought it was going to be competitive. :/

I'm ready to get this last final out of the way tomorrow. After that I have a few short essays to do before Monday and I'll be one happy mother fucker.

[quote name='tiredfornow']yeah exactly, and some dude seemed like he didn't even know how to play, out of like six boards, he got at most four kills.

CAG gaming night = AIDS.

I atleast thought it was going to be competitive. :/[/QUOTE]
CAG is huge. That's why I mainly stick to the OTT.

[quote name='tiredfornow']yeah exactly, and some dude seemed like he didn't even know how to play, out of like six boards, he got at most four kills.

CAG gaming night = AIDS.

I atleast thought it was going to be competitive. :/[/quote]

Sounds utterly droll.

Fortunately, there are more amusing things like Bomberman. And drunken Uno.

Ok, drunken anything.

[quote name='marten']Sounds utterly droll.

Fortunately, there are more amusing things like Bomberman. And drunken Uno.

Ok, drunken anything.[/quote]

I was going to invite you in, but I figured you woulda bounced real quick w/ the way it was. :X

[quote name='tiredfornow']I was going to invite you in, but I figured you woulda bounced real quick w/ the way it was. :X[/quote]

Quite alright, I was amusing myself greatly by playing co-op with Scobie.

I can see why the torque bow is so popular...I had a blast winding up and shooting things with it.

[quote name='Brak']Those CAG Gaming Nights, or whatever, are garbage.[/quote]
I thought I'd give it a whirl, and it wasn't entirely unpleasant. That was the longest I've ever been able to tolerate Gears online.

[quote name='tiredfornow']damn! dead prez/tv on the radio mash-up.[/quote]
More info please...where can I find this?

[quote name='karsh']You see they announced some of the casting for some of the major characters. So far its:

Jackie Earle Haley - Rorschach[/quote]
Jackie Earle Haley was pretty incredible in Little Children.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Oh snap, told the girlfriend I'd call her ''right back in a few'' an hour and a half ago. :D[/QUOTE]

now she won't let you take pics. :cry:

[quote name='zewone']UNO, is aight. Only 4 players and all you do is press A.[/quote]

Which is why it promotes obscene amounts of drinking and trash talking. One hand for the beer, the other for the A button.

Bomberman on the other hand is the shit.

You can't go wrong with 8 people laying bombs around and running like madmen. Ever.

I warned as many people as possible about the gaming night. Also nice to see marten is finally playing through Gears. Hopefully you and Scobie make it through the end all right.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I warned as many people as possible about the gaming night. Also nice to see marten is finally playing through Gears. Hopefully you and Scobie make it through the end all right.[/quote]

Cleared act 3 without a hitch.

After looking at the achievements...and seeing that my date ranges from 5/12 (the last time I got an achievement for passing act 1) to today....well, I figured I might as well pick up the game and try again after two+ months.

Gears has terrible / great longevity. If you've played it as much as I have then you'll have come to realize that you hate every single weapon. That most of the time when you die you feel cheated for one reason or another ( ex. Your bullets not hitting or you shooting blanks, tags not blowing up people who tagged you who you are right next to, active down snipes, melee+shoot in the shotgun or pistol, you shooting someone but still getting chainsawed or the chainsaw sucking you up, you getting caught in lancer fire and not having enough time to run into cover so you go down within seconds, someone jumping right through a boomshot and one shot killing you, one shot kills or downs in general, someone obviously aiming in a different direction yet killing you) and it really makes it hard for me to play becuase that makes it so it's only fun when I get kills. It's so addictive yet so busted.

On the CAG gaming night you might find a diamond in the rough but those are very few and far between. I mean, that's how we found Trak, if it wasn't for me telling him to jump ship he'd still be wringing out towels at the bath house.

[quote name='Eviltude']My little sister and her friend have been playing Ocarina of Time for about 4 hours and have been on the water temple the entire time. To make it even worse on their part, they have a guide. Tsk, tsk.[/QUOTE] I never understood the problem with that one. I mean, sure you move slowly, but I didn't have any problems. One of the better temples in the game.

[quote name='Moxio']Chips, cheesecake, spaghetti, banana?[/QUOTE] Sounds like a good meal. I had pop tarts and fries for dinner. Couldn't find anything else.

I had a slice of bread, chips, pop tarts, and a popsicle for lunch. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Sounds like a good meal. I had pop tarts and fries for dinner. Couldn't find anything else.

I had a slice of bread, chips, pop tarts, and a popsicle for lunch. :lol:[/QUOTE]

from someone who complains a lot about eating meat, your diet itself is pretty shitty.

[quote name='mr ryles']from someone who complains a lot about eating meat, your diet itself is pretty shitty.[/QUOTE] I need to buy some food, but as I'm leaving on Sunday I'm trying to wait until I get back.

I had fajitas for dinner also. My problem with mexican restaurants is the free chips and salsa (this one also had free bean and cheese dip :drool:), I always shovel those suckers down and by the time the fajitas show up I'm not so hungry.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I need to buy some food, but as I'm leaving on Sunday I'm trying to wait until I get back.[/QUOTE]

Taco bell? McDonalds? Burger King? All are correct answers.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']I had fajitas for dinner also. My problem with mexican restaurants is the free chips and salsa (this one also had free bean and cheese dip :drool:), I always shovel those suckers down and by the time the fajitas show up I'm not so hungry.[/quote]

It ain't just mexican restaurants.

Olive Garden and the Outback do it in for me. Once those breadsticks and that oat wheat bread w/ butter start coming....it's over.

[quote name='marten']It ain't just mexican restaurants.

Olive Garden and the Outback do it in for me. Once those breadsticks and that oat wheat bread w/ butter start coming....it's over.[/quote]
fuck yeah, even with my meal I'm still eating the damned bread.

My dinner was homemade though, so no awesome chips or breadsticks. :(

[quote name='Kayden']dallow hasn't responded to my PS3 friend request. =( *sad panda*[/quote]Stop crying. I better turn on my PS3.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']So I've been watching these auctions from this ebay seller for over a month now. Since this is a major seller, I've noticed some people scamming and it seems to happen on every Apple computer they sell. What happens is bidder A bids say 250 which is low for the product. Then comes bidder B who puts a max of 709 and immediatly afterwards comes bidder C who does 710. (which is high for the item so no one would bid higher). Then last second, bidder B and bidder C retract their bids so bidder A wins for 250. This has not happened once or twice, I've seen it almost weekly and I'm sure I don't catch every case. The seller doesn't seem to do anything because they probably don't notice with the hundreds of items they sell a night.
Of course I can't prove anything since over 200 dollars you don't see bidders identities, not that that would prove anything. But I still feel I should bring it to their attention.[/quote]Yup, that's a classic scam. Though I thought ebay themselves were able to catch it more frequently now. I'd bring it up to ebay and the seller. Especially if it's the same guys.

But wait until I get my cheap laptop.

[quote name='zewone']I'm down dallow.

Now we just need a "bidder C" to make this work![/QUOTE]

What luck. I believe "Girl Bidder C" just started working at dallow's place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back