The Brothers of Destruction Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm intrigued. Raven's been known as the snarky smart guy for years, time to see if he can apply it.

Billy Corgan's longstanding interest in wrestling strikes me as weird today as it did when he smashed someone in the head with a guitar in the original ECW and proceeded to do the crucifix pose alongside Dreamer. I like some of his music but he is a weird, weird dude.

There isn't much more info. They had one "show" at Wizard World.

Looks like yet another ECW + ROH indie wannabe project to me, with Corgan as the money mark. Can't wait to join the movem...uh...revolu...wait, resistance? Is that what we're doing this time?

http://www.resistancepro.com

Great. Next thing we know, Profane Existence will have their own promotion.

Raven booked WWF in the mid-90's, yeah? Back when he was doing the Johnny Polo bullshit, he was a booker as well, right? I'm not completely out of my mind there, am I?

EDIT: ooooh, they have Jay Bradley. I always dug him in OVW, and thought he never got a fair shake in WWE.

EDIT: WWE signed Sterling James Keenan (now Corey Graves, after being processed through the WWE legal department and creative team) and shipped him off to FCW.

I don't see him making tv, but it's been a number of years since I saw him. That goofy ass (what comic character is it?) tattoo on his entire upper right arm has always screamed (to quip Nash) "indy-riffic" to me.

I think Raven was just a producer in WWF when he was Polo. But he was getting heat from Vince because he'd take Shane out partying and word got back about it.

Tattoo looks like Kick Ass...and god is it terrible - if he ever makes it to TV he's getting the MVP bodysuit treatment.

Well, if you are looking to see how old Raven's gotten, it seems an appropriate time to pimp Raven's Video Blog.

http://www.youtube.com/user/theraveneffectTV

He kinda looks like of the dude from Hobo w/ a Shotgun on the 6/8 Blog. One warning about the blogs, his ADD becomes quite evident when he starts randomly making stupid noises & faces in 10 second bursts.

"I've known Matt and Jeff since they started in the business, when Matt was 18 and Jeff was 16. They used to come to the WWE TV tapings in the Carolinas. I like those guys, and they have been tremendous stars, but A.) I don't know if their salary expectations fit in with Ring of Honor's budgetary limitations and B.) I haven't talked to these guys, and I don't know what their side of the story is, but there always seems to be controversy swirling around The Hardys right now. I believe Ring of Honor would once again take the standpoint that we are going to try and find the young undeveloped talent and expose them to the world, rather than to look to be the place where people come to have a warm place to curl up when they leave the big leagues."

God bless Jim Cornette.

An article chronicling the tale of Ric Flair, "The Wrestler" in real life.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6891795/the-wrestler-real-life
The story of Ric Flair was once about a college dropout who rose through the ranks of professional wrestling to become a legend. It was about his nickname, "The Nature Boy," and his signature figure four leglock, both lifted from an older wrestler named Buddy Rogers. It was about his multiple championships, his bleach-blond hair, his fast-talking patter (by his own reckoning, Flair was a "stylin', profilin', limousine-riding, jet-flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin'-n'-dealin' son of a gun!"), and his signature, trademarked cry: "WOOO!"

Today the story is about a man known in the court system as Richard Morgan Fliehr, 62, born in 1949 and adopted by parents who raised him in Minnesota. That's what he was called this past April, when a judge ejected Fliehr from his Charlotte home because he couldn't pay his rent. That's what he was called in May, when he faced an arrest order for an unpaid $35,000 loan. That's what he's called on the paychecks from Total Nonstop Action, a second-tier outfit where he's still compelled to perform despite suffering from alcoholic cardiomyopathy, and where almost everything he earns goes toward old debts: lawyers, ex-wives, the IRS, former business partners, and anyone who made the mistake of lending him money.

Last edited by a moderator:
hoganparody.jpg

I don't want to see the guy that plays Knobbs.

Watching ECW One Night Stand for the first time in several years.. watching the Tanaka vs. Awesome match.. I need to put the entire quote on here so you can tell why he's mad, but it's the last line that I'm referring to..

[quote name='Joey Styles']

Let me tell you about this judas Mike Awesome, and that's the perfect word for it, he's a judas.

(Mick Foley: Let's give him his due, he's a tremendous wrestler)

Oh, who gives a rat's ass. He took a $250,000 check up front and a million dollar contract to walk out of ECW and breach his contract as a champion.. and the only reason he didn't throw down our belt on TV is because of a federal injunction. He's a piece of crap, he's a sell out, he's got no loyalty, he's a judas, that's what he is, and I hope Masato Tanaka takes his damn head off with a diamond bomb.

(Awesome does a suicide dive to Tanaka)

Suicide dive by Mike Awesome, and it's a shame he didn't succeed in taking his own life.[/quote]

:dunce:

I like how Styles leaves out the part where Awesome declined to sign a new contract with ECW because he was still owed "significant" money from the last contract, which was a fact confirmed by Lance Storm.

That judas! He wanted to do things only high class people did, like pay his mortgage and "eat dinner."

Eating dinner is for pussies! Starving for your art is hardcore!

I remember that clip (highlighting the line about suicide) showing up in a YT video. A botchamania perhaps?

New Z! True Long Island Story:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2o2Z1pVA3o&feature=feedu

EDIT: Some of this is stuff we already know about the Knockout's salary, but the rest...good lord.
Power Slam Magazine in the UK is reporting some very interesting salary figures for the TNA Knockouts.

According to their sources, Christy Hemme and Mickie James are the only ones under guaranteed contracts. Not only that, but get ready for this: both Hemme and James are making over $100,000 yearly.

There was no information on what exactly James' figures are, but Hemme recently signed a 3-year deal with TNA that will pay her an unbelievable $175,000 a year. This is surreal considering the most she does these days is ring announce. It's believed that Eric Bischoff helped her get the deal, as Bischoff is a big fan of Hemme's.

Hemme's reported salary has drawn criticism from colleagues as they feel it's exorbitant for a non-wrestling female personality. The Wrestling Observer's Dave Meltzer could not confirm the exact figures, but did say that her deal definitely made her the highest-paid female in the company's 9-year history, even moreso than James, who actually wrestles. It's believed James makes somewhere around $125-$150,000 a year.

The salary for every other TNA Knockout is a stark contrast to the bank Hemme and James are making. None of the other women are under guaranteed deals and only get paid when they work. Velvet Sky is making the most of all the other Knockouts, and she's only getting paid $600 per appearance. Most of the women are only making $300 per appearance, barely more than the referees, who make $250 an appearance.

TNA recently honored Sky's request to bump her fee up from $300 to $600, but she seems to be an exception to the rule. Gail Kim, Shelly Martinez, and Awesome Kong all left the company because TNA refused to pay them more than $300 an appearance.

What makes the low pay for the Knockouts even more damning is that TNA only covers plane tickets. The talent have to pay for their own transportation, lodging, wardrobe, and medical expenses.

Former TNA Knockout Taylor Wilde told a famous story a few years ago where she had to still work a normal day-job because her TNA money was so little despite her being the Knockouts Champion. A fan walked into the Pacific Sunwear where she worked and recognized her. The customer/fan asked her, "Aren't you the TNA Knockouts Champion? What are you doing working here?" Wilde immediately quit the job out of shame. Wilde was released from TNA in December 2010 and retired from wrestling shortly after to return to college.

Daffney is also in the middle of suing the company because they wouldn't cover her medical expenses after she was severely injured by a very green wrestler from Team 3D's wrestling camp in Florida.

TNA wrestler Jesse Neal also recently revealed on Twitter that he and his fiancee are on food stamps because his TNA pay is so little, it doesn't help him with monthly expenses.

Meanwhile, TNA is paying their ring announcer $175,000 a year.

More TNA news, concerning their taping in Alabama.
There was lots of frustration within TNA going into tonight's Impact Wrestling tapings from Huntsville, Alabama. At last word a few days ago, there were only 800 tickets sold. According to F4WOnline.com, company officials were only expecting around 2,000 fans in an arena that is set up for 10,000 or 12,000.

It's said that people in TNA are concerned about how Spike TV officials will react since Spike is covering some of the expenses of taking Impact Wrestling on the road.

They obviously need to give us Flair vs Sting now in order to pop the ratings.

Then they can give us Hardy vs Hogan in an "all the prescription drugs on a pole" match.

Also, fuck Jay Lethal.

I can't believe TNA pays Flair 22K a month and only pay those knockouts $600 a pop. I know his name only brings investments for TNA, but is it worth that much?

[quote name='Mr. Beef']New Z! True Long Island Story:[/QUOTE]

LOL at the top comment

"I got Morrison frosting all over my face".... SO DOES MELINA! WOO WOO WOO!

Christy Hemme making $175K and Bischoff's a huge fan? Yeah, he's gotta be hitting that shit.

Speaking of Botchamania, Maffew uploaded a video with Mick Foley sending him well-wishes after getting attacked by a Rottweiler a week or so back.

[quote name='mykevermin']

Also, fuck Jay Lethal.[/QUOTE]

wat

WWE is coming to Mobile, AL on Sept. 1. I might be going, gotta see how much tickets cost and what the lineup looks like.

EDIT - I meant Oct. 1.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Given the Hardy focus of the thread, shouldn't it be for the Brothers of Self-Destruction?[/QUOTE]

thatsthejoke.jpg

By the end of the first minute of the show, Dixie's name was mentioned THREE TIMES. Holy fuck. At least the intro video put Crimson over as a killer and backed it up with clips. The piped-in monotone booing for Kurt was ridiculous. LOLed at a guy pointing and laughing at Crimson during his intro. Loved Jeff's new OFFICIALLY ENDORSED shirt and Steiner yelling ARIBA! Then Angle just said hey guys, don't get involved, and that was it. For some reason, ODB, Jackie, and Velvet are now seemingly buddies after MONTHS of Velvet being bullied by them. Someone's military boots were shown, so I'm just going to assume that it's Ken Anderson impersonating his other hero - "Rambo" Greg Gagne. The show wasn't off to a hot start, and a wacky Flair-Hogan deal backstage didn't help. The 6-Knockout tag with Velvet also didn't help one bit. Angelina now appears to weigh 50 pounds. After the match, Tenay talked about Bischoff being impressed by ODB and Jackie obeying rules - HE'S A HEEL WHO STOLE THE COMPANY FROM DIXIE, WHY WOULD HE CARE ABOUT SOMEONE FOLLOWING RULES!? Oh, and despite them having ANOTHER MATCH ON TV, ODB and Jackie still don't have contracts...but can now come down the aisle.

BOOTS were shown again. Sorenson coming out in his Al Bundy starter kit is funny, but makes him look like a joke. Also, his entrance video doesn't reflect his gimmick at all. Kash was AWESOME here - nice crosffaces and really great-looking offense throughout. LOLed at Tenay acting like they were forced at gunpoint by the network to do something with the X Division. This was too short to be really good or memorable, but I loved Kash's promo afterwards - great surly, but cowardly heel act. Even if the idea of "veteran going after young guys" is now Angle's...and we just saw it earlier in the show, Kash is doing it in a way that doesn't totally feel like a rerun. An ad for a Don Johnson movie aired, so I'll at least have to redbox that. This ad was better than the earlier one I'm convinced was done just to tank the ratings for the UFC Prelims show by threatening clips of Shark something 3D during it.

The best thing about the BFG Series ad was this crazy fan with a GIANT beard. Out of nowhere, the Pope was already in the ring and RVD got an abridged entrance. Both guys came off like afterthoughts here, which really doesn't do anything to make the guys in the series seem like a huge deal. The match itself was pretty decent - one of RVD's best ones in a while. Loved him going for more subs than usual - including a really nice Mutoh-like Indian deathlock and an abdominal stretch that seemed botched at first. It all built up really well to him winning the surfboard and then pressing Pope up with his legs and throwing him off. THAT ruled. Loved how powerful RVD seemed holding onto the move for so long, and doing it so well too. When they came back from the DIRECT IMPACT OF THE NIGHT, Joe hurt Pope...somehow. Really, Pope deserves this for beating him up months ago. At leas they're getting over the knee bar. Can't believe how thin Devon looked here. His character is STILL an asshole though, as he yelled at his kids to give him a chair, they did, he get in the ring...and then they just cut away. Weird. Also, Devon's the third guy doing a KNEE INJURY angle right now.

Loved Robbie E talking about getting Rob Terry to be his bouncer. I thought he was back with the Brits, but whatever - this has more comedy potential. Then we got closeups of Sarita and Rosita's asses as they threatened Angelina, then they beat her up, Winter came in, yelled. Yelled more. Wouldn't shut up. And then Anarchia came in to save the day by cutting his usual promo, which was still bad, but was worlds better than anything else in this bit. Traci's tits asked about being kncokout law again. Bischoff made dick jokes and made sure everyone knew he was up for a threesome. Either that, or he wanted three guys there when he fucked her - given all the "COCKtail" jokes said, I'm not sure sure.

Sting, Hogan and Flair had a segment that defied description in some ways. It was must-see and impossible to turn away from, but I'm not sure if it was good, bad, or the greatest thing ever. Hogan yelled, Sting calmly demanded milk, cookies, flowers, unicorns, and fab-u-lous flowers while Flair yelled about kicking his fucking ass. This was surreal, but oddly entertaining. Sting had a blast doing this, and really had one doing nearly everything, which is better than seeing someone like...oh...I'll just say Anderson, come out and look like he's on death row waiting for his last meal. It's really weird watching this Sting-Hogan feud go one while also watching the original crow Sting one vs. Hogan feud build up on Nitro FROM FIFTEEN YEARS AGO via 24/7.

For whatever reason, they booked an AJ-Daniels talking segment after this, which sure fell flat here. Plus, Daniels came out looking like an unmade bed - he's looked better in street fights WITH AJ in matches than he did here. Then he got all emo about not wanting to fell like he's hanging on too long. I LOLed at this appearing RIGHT AFTER HOGAN...and then he tried to act all sad and it got even funnier. AJ agreed to face him next week. Then Beer Money came out, then Immortal hit the ring to MIDI Child, they all brawled, and James Storm took swigs of beers at random intervals. James Storm so needs to be the number 1 face in the company. They actually had more than one ref here, which I never remember TNA doing. Everyone but Bully and AJ hit each other/through each other into a bunch of stuff, then AJ did this awesome backwards flying elbow smash on Bully that looked awesome. Bully won with the Bubba Bomb - I kinda dig that being a finisher. LOLed @ Anderson driving a hummer into the Impact Zone, but not too far into it since it wouldn't fit. The only thing better was Bully Ray stealing a chair from a little kid - THAT was genuinely great. Should've gone a step further and had the kid be on crutches though. Anderson kissing the bloody head of Gunner was wacky. I guess he's supposed to be crazed. Like Sting, but without the charisma to sell it. All he did was dress in all black and stare blankly. Very "I take umbrage at your previous assertion but cannot be arsed to respond appropriately" for his nine billionth return/turn in his year and a half in the company.

Mickie cut a God-awful promo about the intense burning she felt. You know, in her eyes. And that she wanted the belt or something. Then they blew off A MONTH OF THE EY ANGLE with a one-minute video of him doing stupid shit on a golf course, and only had a small amount of footage involving Baio that we hadn't already seen in the previews. So yeah...this happened. I think EY beat him using Kevin Sullivan's only red with yellow lightning bolts on them trunks. For some reason, they aired this before the main event, which is supposed to be a serious deal in some way. Angle was billed at 220, but there's no way he's even at 200 now. Tenay said Angle's goal is to take out "all the 20-somethings in TNA", which is what, 4 guys and half the knockouts? Angle and Crimson had easily Crimson's best match ever, although Crimson needs to watch Nash videos to see how to properly do the back elbows in the corner. For doing a big man-ish act, Crimson's too skinny and not really tall enough or intense enough to pull it off. He's at least got SOME intensity, but not enough to make a lot of his offense look credible. Dug his rising shoulder tackle though - looked really good and came out of nowhere. Awesome near fall off the Sky High...and then Joe came out and kicked his ass. Angle approved, so I'm guessing Joe is going to either join Immortal or just align himself with Angle. Then they just quickly ran down stuff for next week's show, which really wasn't made into a huge deal throughout the show, and they announced that Joe-Crimson will happen there. Well, I guess they're officially just not going to even try for the PPV, because it currently has NO MATCHES ANNOUNCED and it happens in 2 and a half weeks.

Screens -

Quotes -
Taz - You don’t want Angle on a hunt for you - beware. Young men in the locker room, especially.
Angle - Crimson. Last week, you called me out. This week, I’m calling you out. Come down here. You asked me for a match and the way you carried yourself was impressive - it showed me you got balls. Either that, OR YOU’RE A JACKASS! 2 MONTHS AGO, YOU WERE RED’S LITTLE BROTHER, AND AFTER THIS MATCH,Y OU ARE NOW A SOMEBODY. I SHOULD GET CREDIT FOR THAT, RIGHT? But something tells me you wanna be more than that? YOU WANNA BE FAMOUS. Tonight, I’m gonna make ya famous. Because tonight, I’ll end your streak - I’LL END YOUR CAREER! THAT’S THE PRICE YOU PAY FOR DISRESPECTING ME!
Crimson - Disresepecting you? HOW ABOUT YOU DAMN-NEAR BREAKING MY LEG.
Angle - Why should I respect you? YOU’RE A NOBODY!
Cirmson - I plan on earning your respect tonight. You said you’d take out every young guy here - START WITH ME! But tonight, I WILL EARN YOUR RESPECT!
Steiner - ARIBA!
Bully - You serious? Do you know who you’re talking to? THIS IS KURT FRICKIN ANGLE! HE’S AN OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST! HE’S THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!
Angle - Bully… Hold on…
Bully - You’re a part of us, right?
Angle - With all due respect - let me handle this. If anyone gets involved here, especially you Jarrett, you’ll pay! Crimson, it’s time to make you famous.
Jackie - The only witness here is the camera man - AND I KNOW I CAN KICK HIS ASS, TOO!
Bischoff - Ric, I don’t know where you’ve been - BUT THIS ISN’T THE SAME STING. We’re not going there. We have to make this go away.
Hogan - You need to get this migraine away! HE DESTROYED GUNNER! HE’S BREATHING THE SAME AIR AS US!
Flair - Have you lost your confidence in me?
Hogan - No - I’M JUST NOT GETTING IN THE RING WITH HIM. HE’S CRAZY! HE’S BECOME A SUPERHUMAN! HE’S OUT OF HIS MIND! Tonight, you and I…we’re gonna go out to the ring, get Sting out there, and make things right. I’ll put a TOTAL bullet in this. I need one favor - JUST DON’T SAY A WORD!
Flair - I promise. I’ll be silent.
Taz - LET THE PIGEONS LOOSE! It’s been weeks!
Taz - You don’t wanna be Velvet trapped in the corner with the three jackals. Three hot jackals.
Taz - Anyone who knows Texas, knows that football’s everything. It’s the hills, the valleys, the grass…that whole deal.
Tenay - The Network demanded the X Division become a focus, and it now has boundaries!
Hemme - Congrats on your win.
Kash - THE ONLY THING THAT WAS AN IMPACT THAT HIS LITTLE ASS BEING WHOOPED. KEEP ON WALKING, YA LITTLE PRICK. YER NOTHING BUT A DISRESPECTFUL BOY, AND I’LL DO TO YOU WHAT I DO WITH MY SON - PUT YOU OVER MY KNEE AND WHOOP YER LITTLE ASS!
Gunner - GUNNER IS GUNNING FOR NUMBER 1!
Tenay - Rob Van Dam goes one on one with the Pope.
Morgan - The Pope is very focused.
Devon - SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP. GIVE ME THE FREAKIN CHAIR!
Robbie E - You got kicked out of Immortal and you’re wasting the DOUBLE GS, THE GORILLA GUNS. LET’S REPRESENT GTW!
Steiner - WE’LL WHIP THEIR ASS ALL OVER!
Traci - Have you had some time to think about me as knockout law?
Bischoff - I’ve been thinking about it - it’s really GROWING on me. We’re going to Huntsville next week, a lot of people will be watching, and I can’t think of a better place to tell the world. Now, how about us going out for cock-tails…
Traci - How about three?
Bischoff - I could do three…
Taz - WRESTLING ROYALTY SQUARED - HOGAN AND FLAIR!
Hogan - THE BIG PROBLEM HERE IS THAT WE HAVE A PROBLEM. STING, FACE THE MUSIC, BROTHER! YOU ARE WAY TOO MUCH. STING, ENOUGH OKAY!? ENOUGH! THIS THING HAS GONE TOO FAR, BROTHER! AND IT HAS TO END TONIGHT! LOOK IN THE MIRROR - YOU’RE GONE. YOU DON’T EVEN HAVE ANY FRIES IN YOUR HAPPY MEAL! BROTHER, TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT YOURSELF! SEE YOURSELF! YOU’RE NOT IN YOUR RIGHT MIND! YOUR MIND’S OVER THERE, SOMEWHERE, I DON’T KNOW WHERE. DON’T YOU WANT THE LITTLE STINGERS TO LOOK UP TO YOU LIKE ALL THE HULKAMANIACS LOOK AT ME. THIS IS A FAMILY SHOW - WE CAN’T HAVE THIS CRAZINESS, BROTHER! You don’t get it. You really don’t get this. Okay, maybe I’m partially to blame. Okay. Maybe Eric and I made a couple mistakes. But I promise you, we’re only human - we’ve learned from our mistakes, and to give you an extra layer of security, a landing pad, Eric and I are gonna run this company with the most impeccable precision you’ve ever seen. WE’LL BE THE STANDARD BEARER FOR WHAT A WRESTLING COMPANY SHOULD BE. It’s time to end the madness, brother, whadya say?
Sting - On one condition.
Hogan - I will do anything.
Sting - ANYTHING AT ALL?
Hogan - ANYTHING AT ALL.
Sting - MILK AND COOKIES FOR ALL! Colorful balloons and maybe a unicorn, Hulkster. PUPPY DOGS! ALL AROUND! FLOWERS. EXCUSE ME. I JUS TLOVE FLOWERS HULKSTER! BOUQUETS OF FLOWERS ALL OVER THE PLACE. AND RED AND YELLOW ROSES, JUST FOR YOU HULKY! LET’S HUG IT OUT, BROTHER!
Flair - YOU STUPID SON OF A BITCH,T HIS ISN’T A GAME! I’M FLAIR, DAMMIT. LEAVE ME ALONE, DAMMIT. YOU WANT CRAZY, I’LL GIVE YA CRAZY@ BROTHER, I WAS CRAZY WHEN YOU SUCKING YOUR MOTHER’S TITS. I’LL KICK YOUR ASS SO BAD. I’LL HURT YOU SO BAD, LAUGH LAUGH LAUGH LAUGH LAUGH. I WANT YOU TO HEAR THIS. I’M SO MUCH CRAZIER THAN YOU AND I HAVE THE EDGE, KNOW WHY? CUZ WHEN IT COMES TIME TO KILL, YOU RESPECT ME TOO MUCH TO HURT ME! I’ve heard what you said about me - YOU RESPECT ME TOO MUCH TO GO FOR THE KILL, AND WHEN YOU HAVE TO, YOU’LL EASE UP AND I’LL KICK YOUR fuckING ASS! RESPOND TO THAT, JACKASS!
Sting - SOMEONE CUSSED AT ME, WHAT AM I GONNA DO!? Finally, someone as whacked out as I am. If you’re telling me I gotta go through you to get to him, I will! HAHAHA. AND IF YOU POINT THAT FINGER AT ME AGAIN, I’LL BITE IT OFF. I’LL START WITH OFF. You stole the company from Dixie, you got Angle tainted, so I’ll start with you. And I’m thinking BFG, HOW ABOUT YOU AND I BLOW IT UP THAT NIGHT! YOU AND ME!
Flair - DON’T’ GET AHEAD OF YOURSELF, ASSHOLE!
Sting - THAT’S MY STORY AND STICKING TO IT. TATA FOR NOW!
Taz - AJ throwing up the Fortune hand sign. Hand signal, whatever they call it.
AJ - Daniels, I have an answer for you, so come get my answer. You wanna do this in public? Let’s do this here and now. But first, why? WHY DO YOU NEED THIS REMATCH? WHY DO YOU WANT THIS SO BADLY!? I DON’T UNDERSTAND IT! In front of God and everybody, why?
Daneils - D-X was all about competition, but at the end of the night, I still lost. The next morning, I looked at myself in the mirror and had to ask myself if I have what it takes to be in TNA? AJ, I always told myself if I couldn’t compete at a top level, I would walk away. I had to ask myself if it was time to hang up the boots, and I was scared, because I don’t know the answer. I ASKED YOU AND YOU KEPT BLOWING ME OFF. I CAME BACK TO TNA, JOINED FORTUNE, FOR YOU! I EVEN WENT THROUGH A TABLE FOR YOU! AND LOOK MAN, I like to think that I haven’t asked you for a lot - but I asked you for this not because I want it, but because I need to know if it’s time for me to walk away from the only thing I’m good at. I DON’T KNOW WHAT I’D DO, MAN!!
Guy - WAAHHHHH!
AJ - One more time - not because you took a bullet for me. ONE MORE TIME, THAT’S IT!
Daniels - I’ll see you at NS…
AJ - NS…bro…BFG Series…I’LL BE IN THE FINALS, so the sooner the better, right? NEXT WEEK, DANIELS-AJ! And I’ll do us both a favor and kick some Immortal butt.
Tenay - The immortal trio, Steiner, Bully Ray, and MISTER INTENSITY GUNNER are made for this match.
Mickie - YOU THINK I’M MAD? YOU’RE DAMN RIGHT I’M MAD! SHE HAD TO RESORT TO THIS DARK,E VIL MAGIC… YOU THINK, I’M MAD NOW - JUST WAIT UNTIL NEXT WEEK IN HUNTSVILLE! YOU WAIT TIL WHAT I’M GONNA DO TO YOU. JUST WAIT UNTIL YOU FEEL THE BURNING I FELT. IN MY EYES!
EY - Baio, THE HAPPY DAYS ARE OVER FOR YOU, PUNK!
Taz - Kurt’s training for the Olympics and is even cutting weight.
Taz - Kurt going right to the knee - the target will always be there.
Crimson - COME ON, YOU SON OF A BITCH!
Crimson - I DON’T KNOW WHO JOE THINKS HE IS, HE CAN COME GET SOME NEXT WEEK, IF HE’S GOT THE BALLS!

Here's how Jeff's "return" (it was on the second taped episode and is scheduled to air Sept. 8th) went down:

It was announced that The Network agreed to give Jeff Hardy a live mic. Hardy's promo was how he let the fans and the guys down in the back. He can't expect people to forgive him but he asks for one more shot and leaves.

Without reading too much into Joey's ultimately unfortunate choice of words, Tanaka vs. Awesome was exactly that, any time they had a match. It's great watching the Anti-ECW Crusaders obviously loving it.

With CM Punk emerging as the breakout star of 2011 - there has been a lot of talk about how Punk and« John Cena's big match at the Money in the Bank pay-per-view would deliver with customers. Aside from being one of the top merchandise sellers for WWE in recent months - Punk can add "ability to sell PPVs'" to his resume.
According to the latest numbers released to WWE stockholders, July's Money in the Bank pay-per-view did over 265,000 worldwide buys - up a staggering 100,000 buys (60%) from 2010's MITB event.
Money in the Bank is now the 3rd top grossing PPV of the year, behind WrestleMania 27 and the Royal Rumble.

Can't wait to see if there's a big drop off for Summerslam.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']

I don't want to see the guy that plays Knobbs.[/QUOTE]
It's actually Knobbs. :puke:

Newest names for the Revolution Wrestling Project are Ken Doane and Alex Reynolds (who?).

[quote name='diddy310']Can't wait to see if there's a big drop off for Summerslam.[/QUOTE]

PPV sales up 60%? If you don't get credit for that in a year where revenues are stable only because you're charging $5 more for a show (i.e., you're financially covering your ass for an average 5% drop in global PPV buys), then the company deserves to go in the direction it is going.

That's waaaayyyy more than The Rock did to WM buys.

Watch WWE continue to blow it as they put Triple H over at Punk's expense while ratings continue their "hey guys, football!" trend.

I don't know if I posted this or whined about it in the chat, but I'm going to whine some more.. the Summerslam 2011 Blu was canceled. It's still on track for a release in the UK, but it's confirmed to be region locked. I don't know why they keep canceling PPV's - half decent PPV's, at that - but still release things like OMG! Top 50 moments and Greatest Superstars of the 21st century on blu

[quote name='KaneRobot']Who was Jim Neidhart, not Alex Reynolds.

...I'll show myself out.[/QUOTE]

It's been a LONG time since I've read a good Who/Neidhart joke. I'm still waiting. ;)

[quote name='Scorch']I don't know if I posted this or whined about it in the chat, but I'm going to whine some more.. the Summerslam 2011 Blu was canceled. It's still on track for a release in the UK, but it's confirmed to be region locked. I don't know why they keep canceling PPV's - half decent PPV's, at that - but still release things like OMG! Top 50 moments and Greatest Superstars of the 21st century on blu[/QUOTE]

Maybe they don't sell? Sales figures must justify the crap they put out compared with what they do not.

There's something to be said, though, about emphasizing DVD releases over Blu-Ray in 2011, and the demographic that pro wrestling caters to. Poorly educated, low-wage earning bumpkins. I.e., people who buy $5 DVDs on endcaps at Wal-Mart, not people who buy $25+ Blu-Rays. I know you don't think you're in that demo; I know I'm certainly not. But that would be missing the forest for the trees.

I'm disappointed that so many good releases are being tossed by the wayside, and let's be honest, I'm long past having interest in damn near *any* WWE "best of" collection. It's like getting a documentary on the "Greatest Presidents in History" from the Heritage Foundation; nonsense propaganda that is so bald-faced and shameless you feel infuriated that they would pander such garbage to you. Something named "OMG!" isn't catering to my demographic at all, honestly.

But that's my gut feeling, you know? I'd love to think they'd sell a bajillion Blu-Rays of MITB, but they have the sales figures and trends, not me. I trust that they see that fans aren't buying or interested in having the product in HD. I can't imagine they're making a poor business decision here with no factual backing.

And let me reiterate that WWE could have had $75+ out of my pocket in recent months if they hadn't have fucked up the Punk angle and if they had released MITB blu-ray. $75 at the very least, that is. Ticket, Blu-Ray, t-shirt.

They got $2.99 out of my via iTunes instead.

That's a good point about it catering to low-wage earning bumpkins. THQ has to keep repeating that no, WWE 12 will not be on the PS2 this year via their Twitter feed.

I don't understand why they can't do an on-demand type of printing, though. Make them available through WWE.com only, press them on demand and keep the consumers happy.

But let's face the facts - WWE hasn't been interested in keeping consumers happy since Vince bought WCW.

Speaking of WWE DVD/Blu news.. here's the listing of the upcoming Ladder Match DVD/Blu

Disc 1

The Evolution of the Ladder Match

Ladder Match for the Undisputed Intercontinental Championship
Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon
WrestleMania X 20th March, 1994

Ladder Match
Tracy Smothers vs. Chris Candido
Smoky Mountain Wrestling March, 1994

Ladder Match for the WCW United States Championship
Eddie Guerrero vs. Syxx
n.W.o Souled Out 25th January, 1997

Ladder Match for the Hardcore Championship
Mankind vs. Big Boss Man
Raw 30th November, 1998

Ladder Match for the WWE Championship
The Rock vs. Mankind
Raw 15th February, 1999

Setting the Bar for Drama

Handicap Ladder Match for Control of the WWE
Vince McMahon & Shane McMahon vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
King of the Ring 27th June, 1999

Ladder Match
3 Count vs. Jung Dragons
New Blood Rising 13th August, 2000

Amazing Rewards, Serious Consequences

Ladder Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
Edge & Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz
Raw 25th September, 2000

Disc 2

A Whole ‘nother Level

Ladder Match to Unify the Intercontinental & European Championships
Rob Van Dam vs. Jeff Hardy
Raw 22nd July, 2002

Team Angle vs. Eddie Guerrero and Tajiri
Judgment Day 18th May, 2003

Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Championship
Christian vs. Rob Van Dam
Raw 29th September, 2003

Different Side of the Divas

Ladder Match for the Undisputed OVW Women’s Championship
Katie Lea vs. Beth Phoenix
OVW 23rd December, 2006

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Mr. Kennedy vs. CM Punk vs. Edge vs. Finlay vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy vs. King Booker vs. Randy Orton
WrestleMania 23 1st April, 2007

The More The Merrier

The Hardys vs. The World’s Greatest Tag Team
One Night Stand 3rd June, 2007

Jeff Hardy vs. Carlito
Raw 10th December, 2007

Disc 3

“Somebody Else’s Yard”

TLC Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Undertaker vs. Edge
One Night Stand 1st June, 2008

Ladder Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels
No Mercy 5th October, 2008

CM Punk vs. Kane vs. Mark Henry vs. MVP vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Finlay vs. Christian
WrestleMania 25 5th April, 2009

“Brand New Concept”

The Miz vs. Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho vs. Evan Bourne vs. Ted DiBiase vs. John Morrison vs. Edge vs. Mark Henry
Money in the Bank 18th July, 2010

#1 Contender’s Ladder Match for the WWE Championship
John Morrison vs. Sheamus
TLC 19th December, 2010

Ladder Match for the Vacant World Heavyweight Championship
Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio
Extreme Rules 1st May, 2011

“Action Packed, Innovative, and Dangerous”

Blu-Ray Extras

Ladder Match for World Heavyweight Championship
Edge vs. Jeff Hardy
Extreme Rules 7th June, 2009

Ladder Match for the ECW Championship
Christian vs. Shelton Benjamin
TLC 13th December, 2009

TLC Match for WWE Championship
The Miz vs. Jerry “The King” Lawler
Raw 29th November, 2010

Dolph Ziggler vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger
TLC 19th December, 2010

[quote name='Scorch']But let's face the facts - WWE hasn't been interested in keeping consumers happy since Vince bought WCW.[/QUOTE]

This goes back to what myke said. They are keeping the core demographic happy. You're just not in that demo.

[quote name='mykevermin']Maybe they don't sell? Sales figures must justify the crap they put out compared with what they do not.[/QUOTE]

Nail on the head. People don't generally purchase a DVD of an event that's already happened, because they know if anything really good happened they'll be able to get it on a compilation disc in a few months. Plus, they actually show footage from the PPV's on Raw now, unlike the old days where they only ever showed still pictures.

According to WRAL.com out of North Carolina, former WWE star Gregory Shane Helms was arrested earlier this week on August 24th at 8:27AM ET for a driving while impaired (DWI) arrest.

Here is what it says on the website:

Name: Gregory Shane Helms
Height: 6' 00"
Weight: 200
Sex: Male
Arrested: Aug 24, 2011, 8:27 a.m. in Smithfield by SMPD
Charge: Driving while impaired, m (Felony)

Helms wrote the following on Twitter the day of the arrest:

"Finally went and got photographed and processed for the charges stemming from my motorcycle accident. Quick and painless thankfully."

[quote name='Scorch']I didn't think that Shane Helms could walk yet, but apparently he can drive.. and get busted for a DWI[/QUOTE]

He can't walk because of the motorcycle accident...which is what the DWI charge is from. It says it right there in the text you quoted.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']He can't walk because of the motorcycle accident...which is what the DWI charge is from. It says it right there in the text you quoted.[/QUOTE]

Read it again. The accident was in May. He was arrested this past week for DWI charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back