The Brothers of Destruction Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoops. I read it as him getting arrested again.

I think I've posted this before, but I have some out of print WWE shirts that I'm looking to offload, many of which were worn two times or less - shirts from Kurt Angle, Edge/Christian, Goldberg (WWE), and many more. If there's any interest including a list of what I have, pictures, whatever, PM me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Scorch']Whoops. I read it as him getting arrested again.

I think I've posted this before, but I have some out of print WWE shirts that I'm looking to offload, many of which were worn two times or less - shirts from Kurt Angle, Edge/Christian, Goldberg (WWE), and many more. If there's any interest including a list of what I have, pictures, whatever, PM me.[/QUOTE]

Are you seriously trying to turn the wrasslin thread into a goddamn yard sale? Jesus man.

No, I'm not. I'm just asking if anyone's interested, and if they are, to PM me so it doesn't clutter up the thread. Chill out. :)

It's not a big deal, it's not like he's repeatedly spamming the thread. I've offered some wrestling books in the past and it wasn't a problem. Go take a lap.

I actually think Hemme does a pretty good job ring announcing. Cookie was a waste from the start but her departure doesn't even warrant a blink. Her pay probably doesn't even cover the disposable utensil bill for catering.

I can't unhear Hemme's announcing anymore.

"SAMOA JOE-AH"
"AUSTIN ARIES-AH"
"MADISON RAYNE-AH"

She's no Justin Roberts, even with his "JEEEEEEEYAWWWWWNNNN CEEEEEEEEEEEEENAAAAAAH!"

184320_10150724855090570_664785569_19755815_3688946_n.jpg

So remember that Flair article I linked a page or two ago? Flair is suing over it.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/26/ric-f...n-lawsuit-threats-wwe-grantland-bill-simmons/

Not because the article paints him as a bankrupt, run-down old man, but because the article claims that he is suffering from Alcoholic Cardiomyopathy.
A rep for Flair -- -- whose real name is Richard Fliehr -- tells TMZ, "While the information gleaned from courthouse records may be credible, Mr. Fliehr is currently evaluating his legal options with respect to falsehoods in the story, specifically the untrue statement that he suffers from alcoholic cardiomyopathy."

The rep adds, "Our client understands that these allegations are part of the territory when you are not only famous, but a living legend."

Who's that guy in the picture with CM Punk and Davey Boy Smith?

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I can't unhear Hemme's announcing anymore.

"SAMOA JOE-AH"
"AUSTIN ARIES-AH"
"MADISON RAYNE-AH"

She's no Justin Roberts, even with his "JEEEEEEEYAWWWWWNNNN CEEEEEEEEEEEEENAAAAAAH!"[/QUOTE]

Mispronunciations are always funnier when they're typed out.

[quote name='neocisco']Who's that guy in the picture with CM Punk and Davey Boy Smith?

[/QUOTE]

You mean the guy who is standing next to The Ringmaster? Is that a guy? Also Punk's mom has gotta be like 5'2".

Punk appears to be wearing, if my eyes don't deceive me, a Mighty Mighty Bosstones shirt.

I always knew he was one of those guys that thought real underground music came out on Fat Wreck Chords. Probably thought "Lagwagon" was awesome, too, or some miserable "ska-punk" band.

Which, as someone (JJSP?) pointed out a few weeks ago, made him doing an autograph signing at a "Hot Topic" so incredibly hilarious in a schadenfreude sense.

The Bret-Christian stuff went on a bit long, but was fun. Loved Christian-Danielson, which was aided by Cole actually putting Bryan over and not burying him every second. Somehow, that helped things. I liked Wade refusing to face a jobber because he's too good for that - at least he treats himself like a main event-level act. Hunicara-Slater was a match. All I remember about it is Slater's nickname being changed to One Man Southern Rock Band, which is even worse than his original OMRB one and the wacky lights swirling around a lot. Ted-Orton was really good and had an AWESOME finishing sequence that played off Ted hitting a sweet lariat earlier on, only to go for the rebound lariat now and get caught by an RKO. Then he got hit with Cody's finish and bagged, so he gets to feud for the IC Title. I'm fine with this - Ted-Cody will be good on the PPV.

Kelly-Tamina was nothing, but memorable for Booker and Cole bitching about points and rebounds, and Booker calling Kelly rubbing her ass in someone's face as a sign of charisma. Zeke-Jackson started with a collar-and-elbow tieup, which was hilarious. They did some stuff for a few minutes before Khali accidentally chopped Jinder leading to a really impressive torture rack from Zeke on Khali. This impressed me more than when Luger did this to Big Show because A - it's only been done once so far, and B - Khali is clearly immobile, while Show wasn't back then. Josh saying that "Ezekiel Jackson's Strength" would be trending on twitter was ridiculous, but funny.

The Mark Henry video showing his path of destruction with wacky sayings and video filters playing over it was fantastic. Really put him over as a killer, and they set up the Sheamus-Henry match tonight up really well by constantly showing what happened at Summerslam. The military press>DDT counter thing looked incredible. Very smooth move, and I'm surprised to see a guy Sheamus's size do something that required so much timing and agility. Also liked the rope tieup forearms leading to a series of 619-position knee lifts. Lots of logical usage of the ring here. I liked the countout finish here because the Summerslam match ended on one, this one did, and so now, they can have a rubber match with some kind of stip attached (cage, no countouts/DQs) and get more out of this. The post-match World's Strongest Slam was an impressive visual that made him look like a huge threat.

Screens -

CHARISMA!

Quotes -
Cole - THE WORLD’S STRONGEST MAN MARK HENRY FACES THE GREAT WHITE SHEAMUS!
Josh - You can follow Bret on twitter.
Cole - I’m sure he has a lot of coherent things to say.
Bret - HELLO, CALGARY!
Cole - WE’RE IN BIZARRO LAND!
Bret - Due to unforeseen circumstances, Teddy can’t make it tonight, so HHH thought it would be a good idea and made me the guest GM TONIGHT! Another first will be this Tuesday, when a Super SmackDown happens with the stars of Raw and SD on one SUPER SMACKDOWN SPECIAL LIVE. The best part is gonna be the main event. Number 1 contender Mark Henry is gonna face Randy Orton for the World Heavyweight Title!
Christian - Bret, I want to make something clear to you and the world - it wasn’t my fault I lost at Summerslam. I blame one person for my loss - YOUR FRIEND EDGE! I couldn’t concentrate after the things he said to me, and it cost me the WHC. As far as tonight goes, everyone’s excited you’re the GM for SD. But let’s not forget one thing - as the former WHC, I’m entitled to a rematch! THAT’S RIGHT! I GET ONE MORE MATCH! And I want that match this Tuesday on SD my friend.
Bret - One thing I’ve noticed is you don’t listen to your friends, because Edge gave you the best advice he could give you - STOP BEING A CRYBABY! You became an embarrassment to your friends, family, AND THE WWE UNIVERSE. AND THE WORLD TITLE. And worst of all, you’re becoming an embarrassment to Canada. Do everyone a favor, and yourself a favor, GROW A SET OF JENNIES AND BE A MAN AND WORK YOUR WAY BACK TO THE TOP LIKE A MAN!
Christian - Stop embarrassing myself, huh? Let’s talk about that.
Bret - Shoot.
Christian - EMBARRASSING IS GUYS LIKE YOU AND EDGE NOT COPING WITH THE FACT THAT WHEN YOUR CAREER IS OVER, IT’S REALLY OVER. YOU STAND OUT HERE WITH YOUR LEATHER JACKET AND STRINGY HAIR LIKE YOU’RE 25 - LET IT GO. YOU NEED TO HEAR THIS, AND EDGE NEEDS TO HEAR THIS - MAYBE YOU BOTH CAN’T HANDLE THE FACT THAT IN WWE, I’M THE ONLY CANADIAN THAT’S STILL RELEVANT. It seems like you have the same business acumen as Teddy, so I brought something with me. You might wanna read that. Know what that is?
Bret - Lot of big words here.
Christian - IT’S A LEGAL DOCUMENT THAT SAYS NO SUPERSTAR SHALL RECEIVE A WORLD TITLE MATCH BEFORE I DO FIRST!
Bret - Well, ya can’t fight the law - you got yourself a rematch for the world title next week. Think you’re smart?
Christian - SO I GET MY REMATCH!?
Bret - Yeah… You got your match, but what kind of match? What match for a guy with nothing but excuses…A STEEL CAGE MATCH! HOW DO YOU LIKE THOSE APPLES! YOU’LL HAVE NO MORE EXCUSES!
Christian - You can’t do this to me, Bret…(Henry comes out)
Henry - Bret, I’ve been with the company 15 years, and I still gotta deal with this blatant disrespect. Let’s get this straight - I EARNED MY SHOT LAST WEEK! And if I don’t get it - SOMEBDOY’S GONNA GET HURT!
Bret - W…
Henry - DON’T SPEAK TIL I TELL YA SOMETHING! I want the winner of that cage match next week.
And I cam promise you this - as much as I respect what you’ve done, I can’t be held responsible when I get angry. And what I might to you or anybody else.
Bret - You trying to intimidate me?
Henry - I DON’T HAVE TO INTIMIDATE NOBODY!
Sheamus - Mark, lemme tell ya a story fella. A long time ago, my uncle Mick owned a farm, and on it, he had this big, ugly black bull. It chased the other animals away - so one day, HE HAD THAT BULL CASTRATED - DON’T MAKE ME HAVE TO DO THE SAME TO YOU!
Cole - I think Daniel Bryan will cash in the title shot when it’s opportune to him.
Booker - I agree with ya, but going back to this match, Christian is one of the most dangerous individuals in that ring.
Josh - Christian’s lawyers may be more dangerous than anything. AND THE WWE LIVE TOUR IS SPONSORED BY K-MART!
Cole - EVERY CHAMPION IN THE HISTORY OF THIS BUSINESS HAS BEEN GIVEN A REMATCH! CHRISTIAN DIDN’T MANIPULATE ANYTHING!
Booker - We got a hell of a match going on - CHILL!
Booker - CHRISTIAN IS THE ULTIMATE PROFESSOR IN THE RING!
Cole - Yes, but Daniel Bryan is great in the ring.
Booker - DANIEL BRYAN CAN GET YA WHEN YA GOING DOWNHILL!
Cole - Daniel Bryan’s gotta show charisma, although he’s trying to develop it on You tube - like the one of him doing hammerlocks to clown music. Bryan is gonna show triangle escapes to his dog Asparagus. I guess since he’s a vegan, he’d name his dog Asparagus.
Booker - CHRISTIAN, THE PROFESSOR, JUST DROPPED MY BOY D-BRYAN HARD!
Aksana - My name is Aksana, and I invite you to turn me onto Super SmackDown this Tuesday.
Wade - I have orchestrated attacks on everybody from John Cena, to Vince McMahon - I have shaken WWE to its foundation on more than one occasion. I TAKE THIS AS AN INSULT - THIS IS BENEATH ME AS A MAN AND AS A COMPETITOR TO FACE A DREG SUCH AS THIS!
Josh - THE ONE MAN SOUTHERN ROCK BAND. THE AXL ROSE OF THE WWE!
Cole - Heath calls himself the One Man Southern Rock Band, and yet last night, he quoted CCR.
Josh - Booker, you and I have been texting about Sin Cara attacking Alberto all week.
Cole - You’ve been talking about that all week?
Josh - I can’t wait to be Sin Cara in the new WWE video game this November.
Booker - WHAT ABOUT ME!? YOU CAN BE ME IN THE GAME TOO!
Cole - You think Sin Cara could beat my character in the video game?
Booker - Yeah.
Cody - I PERFORM MIRACLES. I AM RESURRECTING THE STATUS OF THE IC TITLE. AND THE CAREER OF MY DEAR FRIEND, TED DIBIASE. I HOPE YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES, BECAUSE I DO!
Cole - Great motivational speech by Ted’s life coach, Cody Rhodes.
Booker - Ted’s a lost soul.
Cole - Winning the IC Title has been a stepping stone to something bigger and better.
Josh - You’re a six-time world champ…
Booker - SIX TIME SIX TIME SIX TIME…
Josh - Orton’s a nine-time world champion.
Booker - ORTON IS PERHAPS THE BEST I’VE EVER SEEN!
Booker - Cody is ugly.
Cole - And you’re a prize.
Booker - Having that second generation background is all the more better for Orton.
Cole - MORE BETTER!?
Booker - You know what I mean.
Cole - THE HUMILATION OF BEING BAGGED BY CODY!
Nattie - Kelly’s a real doll - I DON’T PLAY WITH DOLLS!
(after a stink face)Booker - THAT’S CALLED CHARISMA, AND KELLY KELLY HAS A LOT OF CHARISMA!
Jinder - Khali’s mission is to DOMINATE EZEKIEL JACKSON! KHALI, JUMP!
Josh - If Khali doesn’t do what Jinder says, he’ll divorce his sister and send Khali’s family into poverty.
Booker - Jackson losing the title seemed to do something for him.
Josh - EZEKIEL JACKSON’S STENGTH IS GONNA BE TRENDING ON TWITTER!
Orton - Christian’s like a nightmare - he keeps COMING BACK!
Booker - HENRY’S LIKE A SNOWBALL ROLLING DOWNHILL!
Cole - Just call him an avalanche!

[quote name='mykevermin']
I always knew he was one of those guys that thought real underground music came out on Fat Wreck Chords. Probably thought "Lagwagon" was awesome, too, or some miserable "ska-punk" band.[/QUOTE]

I wish I could fit that on a sign and take it to a live event. Maybe I could get a bedsheet and have the whole row hold it up in true "Ladies and gentlemen boys and girls children of all ages, D-Generation X proudly brings to you" etc etc fashion.

[quote name='mykevermin']Punk appears to be wearing, if my eyes don't deceive me, a Mighty Mighty Bosstones shirt.

I always knew he was one of those guys that thought real underground music came out on Fat Wreck Chords. Probably thought "Lagwagon" was awesome, too, or some miserable "ska-punk" band.

Which, as someone (JJSP?) pointed out a few weeks ago, made him doing an autograph signing at a "Hot Topic" so incredibly hilarious in a schadenfreude sense.[/QUOTE]

Not even gonna give him credit as an Epitaph guy? :p That was back when Rancid was the fucking punkest punk band in the history of underground punk, lol. People were jamming Pennywise and lining up at the arcade to play SEGA's Top Skater game (featuring the music of Pennywise)

I gotta stop. Laughing wayyy too hard reminiscing about those days.

CM Punk is as punk as Oprah Winfrey. Fact. Just follow his twitter... namedropping bands that are nowhere near true punk rock. Just the other day, he tweeted how difficult it was to construct a top 10 pop-punk album list. G to the A to the Y.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']then Immortal hit the ring to MIDI Child[/QUOTE]
lol

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']G to the A to the Y.[/QUOTE]

Only El Duce could call something "gay" and retain punk cred. And he's dead, so I know you ain't him.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles'] G to the A to the Y.[/QUOTE]

And using the "(letter) to the (letter)..." doesn't destroy your cred?

If you're gonna use "gay" to describe someone in the rasslin' business, at least make it appropriate. Here's a good example:

Wade Keller, the brave and proud gay man is O.K. in my book. But Wade Keller, the guy who writes the Torch? That dude is still a f*****.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']CM Punk is as punk as Oprah Winfrey. Fact. Just follow his twitter... namedropping bands that are nowhere near true punk rock. Just the other day, he tweeted how difficult it was to construct a top 10 pop-punk album list. G to the A to the Y.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

He's a wrestler, I'm not looking to him for music recommendations.

I'd also suggest that following anyone on Twitter is as non-punk as actually posting on Twitter.

[quote name='cdubb1605']And using the "(letter) to the (letter)..." doesn't destroy your cred?[/QUOTE]

Every bit as bad as calling something "gay" does. Still, CM Punk is nailing

7hmnb.jpg

so if that's gay, then I'm fucking gay as shit.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']CM Punk is as punk as Oprah Winfrey. Fact. Just follow his twitter... namedropping bands that are nowhere near true punk rock. Just the other day, he tweeted how difficult it was to construct a top 10 pop-punk album list. G to the A to the Y.[/QUOTE]
Bigotry, now that's real punk rock.

[quote name='Survivalism']Every bit as bad as calling something "gay" does. Still, CM Punk is nailing

7hmnb.jpg

so if that's gay, then I'm fucking gay as shit.[/QUOTE]

Well hot damn... color me gay too

That Ric Flair article reminds me of having one of the MN sports teams players in the neighborhood while growing up. His now 31 year old kid is a complete mess (we were friends as kids) he crashed multiple fancy cars, numerous affairs and despite all outward appearances of "living well" is now basically in assisted living and so deep in debt that he'll never get out.

Some people just can't plan any longer term than 15 minutes. Even if you think you're rolling in dough and some bigshot, i tjust means that you'll fall even further when your time comes.

I think part of Flair's problem was that his retirement from WWE was premature. I think he was right to leave the wrestling part when he did but he should've tried to stay in the WWE in some capacity. As a road agent, commentator, manager, etc.

[quote name='Survivalism']Every bit as bad as calling something "gay" does. Still, CM Punk is nailing

7hmnb.jpg

so if that's gay, then I'm fucking gay as shit.[/QUOTE]

Beth Phoenix is hot. I don't think I've ever seen any pictures of her in anything other than what she wears to the ring (until now). :drool:.

[quote name='Habbler']He should change his name to PM Funk and grow George Clinton hair.[/QUOTE]

My brother-in-law's dad looks exactly like George Clinton. It's awesome. And he smokes so much he has a Newport kayak.

So glad that SmackDown guys will be on Raw from now on.. but does it work vice versa, too? Will Raw stars be on SD?

Or did he mean just for tonight? Because he said that SD stars will be on Raw "for the forseeable future"..

I got an email saying that ADR will be defending the WWE title against Seen Kara 2.0 on the live SD tomorrow night if that means anything.

OMFG at nwo theme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hell yes

Vince said we'd never hear that again....!!! i would of also gone nuts if he would of used wolfpack theme

[quote name='guyver2077']OMFG at nwo theme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hell yes

Vince said we'd never hear that again....!!! i would of also gone nuts if he would of used wolfpack theme[/QUOTE]

7-Year Rule, or more like a delayed 3-Month Rule in this case.

[quote name='guyver2077']OMFG at nwo theme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hell yes

Vince said we'd never hear that again....!!! i would of also gone nuts if he would of used wolfpack theme[/QUOTE]

And Vince isn't in charge anymore.

I don't think I've disliked a woman wrestler as much as Kelly. Hold the belt up and smile a little more, you useless skank.

They had better not be teasing me with this rebuilding the tag division stuff...I'll believe it once they have Air Boom vs Truth and Miz and actually build it up as something important. Give Miz and Truth a team name as well.

Does a tag team looking like a tag team matter to any of you at all?

Having a team name, wearing similar tights, etc? Is that important? Or is it okay if the entire tag division is just named "guy a and guy b," no change in outfits, etc.? It really reinforces the feeling that the tag division is like the WWE equivalent of the dudes who go to every school dance in high school but never had a date. There's kind of that "well, fuck it, it's not like I'm doing anything else anyway" attitude about it, combined with the minimal effort to pretend like there's minimal effort.

They might as well just have all three matches between Punk and Triple H next Monday.

Ever since MITB, watching the Punk storyline develop feels like I'm listening to a 33RPM record on a 78RPM setting.

So between Barrett refusing to fight a jobber last week and the Mctunga/Lawler thing we should be expecting New Super Nexus Turbo next week right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back