The Brothers of Destruction Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching a replay of the first hour of Smackdown and seeing Rodriguez coming to the ring, I think Del Rio should hold the title hostage in Mexico.

Cena's promo annoyed me - he buried the XFL and didn't even mention the XFL. I watched PART of one game and remember He Hate Me. Liked the SMW mention, LOVED Ricardo coming out to interrupt him, then yell ALBERTO DEL RIO a thousand times. Cena, the massive asshole, attacked the much smaller, shorter Ricardo. At some point during this, Booker said Cena conquered WWE with limited skills, so it must be really easy to conquer WWE. Crowd was super-hot for Cena. And it wasn't the usual mixed reaction, it was mostly really loud, passionate cheers. Loved the guy in the crowd talking on the phone while still managing to raise his arm up for the five knuckle shuffle. Then Cena just Barrett like it was nothing. They had a chance here in one match to rebuild the guy and didn't take it. I think they spent more time talking to each other before the match than the actual match lasted. Striker asked Henry a stupid question about cages, and Henry said he was an idiot, and then said he'd basically kill whoever won the cage match. Very fun promo.

Hunicara came out. Danielson then had the best match him humanly possible on live TV, leading to a heel turn for the fake Sin Cara, which I loved, since it has to mean the original is coming back, probably in his white and gold MITB/Mistico colors to reclaim the role and send Hunico back to FCW. Oh, and Cole buried not only Danielson a billion times, but also brought up how Sin Cara doesn't talk, so yeah, he's just making sure to bury everyone again. Air Boom was backstage cutting a wacky promo, possibly while stoned, so I'm just going to call them Bourne High now. Josh talked about how balanced the Orton-Christian feud has been, which led to a video of Christian winning via DQ, and then Orton RKOing Christian twice on a table, then to Orton beating his ass in the Summerslam match. At least Christian said that tonight was his night and he's win whether anyone liked it or not - didn't make me think he could actually win the thing, but it was perfectly fine promo.

Divas tag was a must-watch due to Aksana's ring announcing and it being done with her wacky sax music and Cole burying Booker for getting a GED. fuck Cole. Seriously. LOVED the HHH-Punk deal. There were some issues with it, like HHH saying he got Punk's shirt made when Punk debuted it on the PPV before HHH was COO, and breaking the fourth wall by saying Vince took beatings "for business", but there was so much passion here that I'll let it slide. If they'd aired this on the go-home show before the PPV, it would've really helped it. Nash's post match attack on Punk and then shove on HHH was good - it sets up that he's as pissed as Punk is at HHH, presumably for canceling his match. Cole saying Nash was making a b-line to the ring while he kind of power walked down was funny, but he really did look better here than he has since the Rumble. Also loved Josh plugging Just For Men after Nash was backstage with Striker. Sheamus-Khali wasn't as good as their match a few weeks ago, but was okay by Khali standards. I guess they did the DQ finish to build to Jinder-Sheamus, which I really don't want to see. I don't think anyone can carry Jinder to a good, longer match and having Sheamus tread water right after his face turn isn't helping him.

Loved Orton coming out to the ring staring at his belt and the cage at the same time - really beautiful shot. The match itself was really good - about on par with their PPV matches, but hurt by all the commercial breaks in it. Loved Christian breaking out the frog splash - he hasn't done that since TNA. Loved them finding another way to play off their first match's finish, this time having Orton go for the RKO, Christian predict it, and then try to climb the cage while Orton turned away. This got really exciting after that, and then they climbed on top of the cage and fought up there, then fought down to the top rope and slammed each other into the cage, leading to an RKO off the top rope giving Orton the win. AWESOME way to end the feud, although now, I don't know what they'll do with Christian. He really benefited from SD being separate, and now that the shows are basically all the same, I don't see him getting a bigger push than IC-level. Mark Henry's post-match beating was kind of plodding, and certainly far less exciting than the match...so maybe Christian's push will resume after this feud ends. Sure, it established that Mark Henry could beat up Orton, fine, but it went on too long. At least they telegraphed Henry not winning by having him hold the title high here. I thought this was a better show than Raw in the sense that there wasn't much here that actively pissed me off, and the stuff that annoyed me (HHH talking about getting Punk's shirt made, Hunicara coming back) is pretty minor, and in the latter case, is seemingly leading to what I want - a return of Mistico to the role.

Screens -

Quotes -
Super SmackDown 8-30-11

Josh - Tonight promises to be an amazing night with an amazing concept - THE STARS OF RAW AND SD ON ONE SHOW!
Cole - FOR THE SIXTH TIME, THESE TWO COMPETE IN ONE OF THE MOST BALANCED RIVALRIES IN WWE HISTORY!
Josh - NO ONE HAS EVER GARNERED A RESPONSE FROM THE WWE UNIVERSE LIKE JOHN CENA!
Booker - This guy, with limited skills, has conquered WWE.
Cena - WE ARE LIVE ON SYFRY FROM WHICITA! On top of that, every superstar from Raw, SD, NXT, SNME, Shotgun, Nitro, Thunder, Heat,, Velocity, and SMW is here! WE EVEN TOOK THE LIBERTY OF FLYING IN YOUR FAVORITE XFL SUPERSTARS LIKE… Eh, the XFL was worse than the Shockmaster! Alberto, SENOR, IF YOU’RE HERE, LET’S START SUPER SD WITH A SUPER BEATDOWN!
Booker - Ricardo has the best roll of the R I’ve ever heard.
Cena - Do your thing.
Ricardo - I have a message for you from the WWE Champion. You, Senor Cena, are the challenger! You’re gonna have to wait a little longer until NoC. That’s nothing bad! Because it can’t come any sooner when you have the honor of being in the same ring with the WWE CHAMPION, ALBERRRRRRRTTTOOOOOOOOOO DDDEEEELLLLLL RIOOOOOOO! ALBERTO DEL RIO! ALBERTO DEL RIO! ALBERTO DEL RIO!
Cena - SHUT UP! You sound like two old cats trying to have sex and puke at the same time. We get it - your guy isn’t here. I GOT HIM A GIFT, here…(punches him) If it isn’t WINDS OF CHANGE HIMSELF Wade Barrett.
Barrett - That was impressive - just beat up the fat ring anouncer more.
Cena - If I was going to beat up a fat ring announce,r I’d beat up Chimel.
Barrett - You haven’t learned any of the lessons I tried to teach you last year. I’M NOT BUYING THIS TOUGHGUY NONSENSE, THAT’S WHY I DEMANDED THIS MATCH TONIGHT. Cena, this isn’t your playground. THIS IS MY TERRITORY - SMACKDOWN! I USED TO OWN YOU AND WHEN I’M FINISHED WITH YOU TONIGHT, I’LL MAKE YOU FEEL AS PATHETIC AS YOU DID WHEN YOU WERE MY OWN PERSONAL SLAVE!
Cena - It’s not my playground or your show - IT’S THEIR SHOW. And we’re having fun.
Barrett - My word, you never change. THAT’S PATHETIC!
Cena - What’s pathetic is you taking my kindness for weakness. You have a bright future here, but you’ve made my life miserable and I owe you some payback. And if you wanna step in the ring with me, Raw, SD, Super SD, YOU FIND OUT PAYBACK’S A BITCH!
Booker - THIS THING IS GETTING CRUNK!
Booker - CENA’S DAZED AND CONFUSED!
Cole - IT’S ALL ABOUT THE FAME AND GLORY OF COMPETING ON SMACKDOWN!
Striker - Can you describe what it’s like to be in a cage?
Henry - THAT’S THE DUMEST QUESTION EVER ASKED. CAGE MATCHES ARE THE MOST DANGEROUS MATCHES - FLESH GETS TORN. CAREERS GET ENDED. CAGE OR NO CAGE, WHEN YOU STAND ACROSS THE RING FROM THE WORLD’S STRONGEST MAN, ALL THOSE THINGS HAPPEN. I look at it like flipping a coin - heads or tails, you lose!
Josh - Sin Cara can move at the speed of light!
Cole - This next superstar is capable of the speed of DUD!
Roberts - THE SMACKDOWN MITB WINNER, DANIEL BRYAN!
Cole - Daniel Bryan only knows two submissions - his YOUTUBE CHANNEL WAS CANCELLED!
Booker - IT CAN’T BE! YOU MUST BE LOGGING INTO THE WRONG ACCOUNT!
Booker - D-Bryan’s number 1.
Cole - HE HASN’T WON A MATCH IN A MONTH!
Booker - They have different styles.
Cole - They have similar styles - Sin Cara doesn’t talk, and Daniel Bryan is boring and has no charisma!
Bourne - I’m still on cloud nine, Ko!
Kofi - I remember back in the day when we had some great tag teams, the LoD, HARLEM HEAT, Demolition, the Rockers - we have big shoes to fill!
Booker - DID HE JUST SAY THAT!?
Josh - Soon, WWE will have a monopoly.
Asana - Coming to the ring, Natal-ya, and the Glamazon, Beth Phoenix.
Booker - WHAT KINDA ACCENT IS THAT?
Cole - She’s from the Ukraine.
Booker - Where’s that?
Cole - Europe. GED’s paying off. WWE IS ALWAYS THE TALK OF TWITTER!
Booker - SHUCKY DUCKY, QUACK QUACK!
HHH - Last night, after conferring with the WWE Board of Directors, I cancelled a match between Punk and Nash. And at NoC, made a match of CM Punk going one on one with me! The WWE Board was kind enough to let me take this suit off for one night to deal with CM Punk, so I would like to invite CM Punk out here to make this official.
Punk - As lovely as this is, it’s a tad unnecessary. You’re the COO - you made the match. I’m confused - why are we here? Did you add a stip that says you can change your mind whenever you get cold feet?
HHH - I caught you off-guard.
Punk - NOTHING YOU DO CATCHES me off-guard. Nothing, no matter how bad the decisions are here, catches me off-guard. I’m just curious…
HHH - Why I made the match? I’d think you made up for in intelligence what you lack in hygiene - YOU DISRESPECTED ME, MY FAMILY…
Punk - I knew it…
HHH - SHUT UP. I’M NOT DONE TALKING! Ever since I’ve been COO, despite you disrespecting me, my family, the WWE, my father in law, my wife, DESPITE YOU HOLDING THE COMPANY HOSTAGE WITH THE WWE TITLE, I TRIED TO WORK WITH YOU! I BENT OVER BACKWARDS TO WORK WITH YOU! And it wasn’t good enough, was it? YOU HAD TO PUSH! Lemme ask you a question, genius - who got Living Colour to agree to come to the ring to “Cult of Personality”? WHO PAID THAT BILL!? ME! Who approved that shirt? THE ONE YOU DEMANDED WHEN YOU WEREN’T EVEN HERE!? I PUSHED THAT SHIRT THROUGH! EVEN WHEN I GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT, NASH, YOU STILL HAVE TO PUSH MY BUTTONS. MAYBE I NEED TO BE THE BIGGER MAN AND SWALLOW MY PRIDE. I’M TRYING, I’M TRYING MY ASS OFF. AND TRYING TO BE THE COO. I CAN ONLY TAKE SO MUCH. YOU INSULTED ME AS A MAN, NOW YOU DEAL WITH ME AS A MAN!
Punk - I don’t want to fight the COO - I WANT TO FIGHT THE CEREBRAL ASSASSIN. THE NEW YOU SUCKS. THE LAST GUY WHO WAS THE COO, VINCE, COULDN’T SEPARATE PERSONAL ISSUES FROM BUSINESS, AND NOW LOOK AT YOU - YOU CAN’T SEPARATE BUSINESS ISSUES FROM PERSONAL ISSUES. You think I hate WWE - I LOVE THIS PLACE. IF I HATED WWE, I WOULDN’T BE SITTING HERE. I’d be at home, a lot happier. You’d be happier. I WANT CHANGE. I SPEAK MY MIND. I WANT THINGS TO BE DIFFERENT. I WANT THINGS TO BE BETTER, NOT JUST FOR ME, BUT FOR EVERYBODY! I AM DYING FOR A CHANGE. WE ARE DYING FOR A CHANGE! I wanna be the catalyst!
HHH - AS LONG AS IT BENEFITS YOU! I AM SICK TO DEATH OF HEARING YOU TALK ABOUT DOING THIS FOR THEM. MAYBE HALF AGREE WITH WHAT YOU SAY. HALF DON’T GIVE A DAMN. See Punk, COME PEOPLE LIKE THE WWE. THEY DIG IT. THEY LOVE WHAT THEY SEE, COME HERE TO HAVE A GOOD TIME, AND LIKE IT THE WAY IT IS. Can it be better? Sure. BUT WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT MAKING CHANGE, WHAT YOU MEAN IS YOU ONLY WANT CHANGE IF CM PUNK IS ON TOP, THAT’S ALL YOU WANT. WE’RE A LOT ALIKE. BUT THE DIFFERENCE IS, I TOLD YOU I’D WALK THROUGH YOU TO GET TO THE TALK. WHAT YOU DID WAS BACKDOOR YOUR WAY IN BY BEING A MARTYR!
Punk - You see me as a martyr? I’m not trying to be one, but if you do, maybe there’s weight to what I say. You talk about half liking what they see? I WANT EVERYONE TO ENJOY THIS. I want it to be fun again, if you think I’m being selfish because I wanna be the man? YOU’RE RIGHT. BEFORE I BECAME A WRESTLER, I WAS A FAN, AND AT MY CORE, I’M A FAN AND I’LL DO WHAT I CAN AND KNOW WILL MAKET HIS PLACE FUN AGAIN! It’s the reason I say the things about your wife - they push your buttons. I put you through a trial by fire AND YOU FAILED. YOU’RE LIKE VINCE. And since we’re alike, I thought we were on the same page, but it turns out, you’re egotistical and vindictive. YOU HIRE YOUR BUDDIES TO DO YOUR DIRTY WORK BECAUSE YOU CAN’T GET YOUR HANDS DIRTY! I’ve seen it before. If I have to be the catalyst of change by going through you, fine. Do me a favor, since you’re the COO, at NoC, don’t fine me or suspend me after I kick your ass.
HHH - You compare me to Vince, lemme tell you one of the differenced between me and you is respect. I RESPECT VINCE FOR BUILDING THIS INDUSTRY INTO WHAT IT IS. WE WOULDN’T BE STANDING HERE IF IT WASN’T FOR VINCE MCMAHON. YOU WANNA COMPARE ME TO HIM, THANK YOU. YOU COULDN’T GIVE ME A BIGGER COMPLIMENT. But here’s where I’m nothing like Vince…
Punk - The problem is, you respect him so much and want to live in the past, I weep for the future. VINCE LOST TOUCH AND YOU’RE LIVING IN THAT SHADOW. YOU LIKE TO POINT TO YOUR CROTCH AND TELL GUYS TO SUCK IT AND I WANT CHANGE!
HHH - You want change? YOU’LL GET IT. This is where I’m not like Vince. Vince would’ve got in the ring with you at NoC, and sat there, and taken a beating for you because it was good for business - THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BUSINESS. IT’S COMPLETELY PERSONAL, AND I’LL KICK YOUR SKINNY-FAT ASS!
Cole - NASH IS MAKING A B-LINE TO THE RING!
Striker - Kev, can I get a word? (Nash says nothing)
Josh - SMACKDOWN IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY JUST FOR MEN!
(after a dropkick to the knee)Josh - GREAT TAKEDOWN BY SHEAMUS!
Cole - SHEAMUS JUST KEEPS COMING AT YOU! COMING AT YOU! COMING AT YOU!
Cole - HHH’S THIRD MOTION PICTURE IS IN LIMITED THEATERS NEXT FRIDAY!
Josh - Christian has been manipulating WWE LAW!
Booker - RANDY ORTON MAY BE THE BEST WE HAVE EVER SEEN IN THIS BUSINESS! I REALLY BELIEVE THAT!
Booker - What makes Orton special is his patience!
Booker - GREAT SPINEBUSTER! SHADES OF ORN ANDERSON!
Cole - CHRISTIAN’S ONE OF THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME!
Josh - CHRISTIAN looking to escape THE CAGE!
Booker - SUPER SMACKDOWN, THE PEOPLE ARE GETTING A TREAT HERE, AS AM I!
Crowd - THIS IS AWESOME! THIS IS AWESOME!
Booker - I’M OUT OF BREATH OVER HERE!
Orton - Good.
Josh - THE SERPENTINE WORLD CHAMP IS IN POSITION!

[quote name='Purple Flames']Someone posted this vid on another forum, and I hadn't picked up on it last week. I don't see it leading to anything, but I figure it was something to post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xEQfJ3qJNE&feature=player_embedded[/QUOTE]

Cena referring to anyone and their wrestling ability as average is laughable

EDIT: didn't see the Hardy video before I posted this. Is it sad that all I can think is "another cry for attention, really?"

[quote name='xilly']Umm... Matt Hardy just posted this on Twitter/Youtube.
[/QUOTE]

I was totally expecting one of those scare jump videos.

I think it's sad that my first reaction to the Hardy video was to save it since 8-31-11 probably marks the day he'll delete it, or just say it was a bizarre birthday gift for Jeff or something.

$10 says it's a gimmick. He'll come back and be all "I'm Matt Hardy V5 now!".. or V6.. or whatever he's up to.

I really hope he's not going to off himself or something, that would be stupid..

/edit: Several wrestling twitter pages are posting phone numbers to the Cameron, NC police department and telling them to do a welfare check on Hardy

Shane Helms commented:

Don't believe the hype. And please don't bash me for it! I didn't do it, had nothing to do with it.

lol, more

The Moore County Sheriffs office has told people that have called regarding Matt Hardy that they are in the process of sending someone over to do a “welfare check”. Thanks for all your concern and calls… even if this is a part of his ‘reborn’ storyline. Things like this need to be taken seriously.

Shane Helms tweeted the following: “Don’t believe the hype. And please don’t bash me for it! I didn’t do it, had nothing to do with it.”

Jeff Hardy’s girlfriend also tweeted: “Ugh. So sick of bullshit. Don’t believe everything you read. No matter who writes or posts it.”

She then followed up with: “When the cops show up to our house at 11 pm, for a “suicide call” the fucking joke is over @MATTHARDYBRAND. Stop trying to work the Internet”

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mykevermin']What's the likelihood of this turning into the "Matt Hardy Memorial Thread" before we hit 500 posts?[/QUOTE]

The odds definitely increased on this one.

When the cops show up to our house at 11 pm, for a "suicide call" the fucking joke is over @MATTHARDYBRAND. Stop trying to work the Internet

Beth Britt responds to Matt Hardy's Twitter/YouTube apparent suicide note.

[quote name='neocisco']Suicides don't deserve memorial topics.[/QUOTE]

I agree. The only exception is Kanyon. No one was better than Kanyon.

[quote name='@bethbrittbrand']I guess you got what you wanted @MATTHARDYBRAND. Everyone is talking about you, again. But it's not in a good way.[/quote]

Good lord if Jeff's wife has had enough how much has he put them through... saying its been enough from the wife of Jeff Hardy is saying something.

shouldn't hillbillies be drunk on cheap beer and screaming at each other on the porch of the trailer, and not on twitter?

anyway, Matt Hardy kinda has to kill himself now. So what if he doesn't - if he doesn't, then he's still fat, dumb, fucked up and unemployed. Does playing a shitty prank = a "work" and therefore prove to someone that he's over? Does that mean if I play "got your nose" with my 18-month-old niece, and she freaks out because she doesn't recognize my thumb b/w my index and middle fingers - does that mean I'm "working" her? That I'm "getting over?"

Being a cunt on twitter is not working someone. I think there's a definite use for social media to advance professional wrestling storylines (see Punk-Austin and, to a lesser extent, Punk-Jericho). But Hardy is a fucking solid wreck of epic proportions. And if he is anything less than dead by the end of tomorrow, he'll have wasted his hype machine.

The only thing that died tonight were his chances of working for a well known wrestling organization in the US ever again.

All that video is missing is Korn's version of Goodbye Cruel World overdubbed while a ghostly image of Matt jumping his dirtbike over a trailer appears in the background. That way we can all be reminded of how extreme he is.

[quote name='Scorch']The only thing that died tonight were his chances of working for a well known wrestling organization in the US ever again.[/QUOTE]

and any respect any sane person "might" have had left for him.

[quote name='Scorch']The only thing that died tonight were his chances of working for a well known wrestling organization in the US ever again.[/QUOTE]

Along with what little patience his family and friends still held for him

Hardy posted on his youtube channel saying that the video last night was his last "attention grabber." Seriously, you're in your late 30's and reaching out for attention like a gothic high schooler. Good luck going nowhere ever.... until TNA decides to bring you back, cause be honest would any of you really be that shocked?

I do wonder how Hardy feels seeing that the comments on his phony suicide video consisted of, to sum it up using an internet meme: "DO IT F*****".

[quote name='KaneRobot']I do wonder how Hardy feels seeing that the comments on his phony suicide video consisted of, to sum it up using an internet meme: "DO IT F*****".[/QUOTE]

Not as good as Justin Gabriel's comment.

IbnNT.png

[quote name='neocisco']Suicides don't deserve memorial topics.[/QUOTE]
Unless you kill your kid and wife too then you get 2 hours of TV time.

Too soon?

[quote name='silentevil']Unless you kill your kid and wife too then you get 2 hours of TV time.

Too soon?[/QUOTE]

That was the E's bad. Big star dies so they made the tribute show before *that* detail came into light. Then they proceeded to backtrack to the point that Benoit never existed ever.

But I'm sure either Hardy would only warrant the black "In Memory of" screen at most given the probable circumstances that will be likely surrounding their deaths.

I don't even think Umaga got one of those.

EDIT: checked out that boring tag team list - I have absolutely no recollection of The Dicks on tv...they also appear to be no taller than 4'11.

[quote name='ced']That was the E's bad. Big star dies so they made the tribute show before *that* detail came into light.[/QUOTE]

But really, his entire family was found dead. I'm sure they had some level of skepticism. I think that the tribute show was done more to save face than anything else because had they not done it, they would've been roasted by every organization around for at least 12 hours.

That was an awesome Mike ...um Awesome video. I had forgotten that he had Bruce Dickinson singing his entrance music. Which in turn reminded me how much I liked that ECW music CD that came out in like 1999.

Justin Credible's theme was great too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8Qt7kUSCZ4

although I can't remember if that was the version he actually came out to or if it was the cover by Grinspoon.

lol hardy

The YouTube Video was not in any way a suicide note.. No words such as death, suicide, kill, heaven or hell were included-I wanted to see people's optimism or pessimism towards my words. It's pretty clear to me what their reaction was, and I needed one last attention grabber to let the World know that Matt Hardy has re-found his true self. After the events of the last couple of weeks, even though I've made some terrible mistakes, I have come to a revelation in my life. I realized that since the "MATTHEW" videos, with the damage inflicted on my body over the last 15 years and, more importantly, how I was coping with the severe pain, "Matt Hardy" had lost his way. I went from being the guy who wanted to change the world, entertain and inspire people to being someone who was more concerned about shock value and making the world unravel my cryptic messages and videos.
NO MORE.
Tonight's video at http://$$$$$$$/dvfwOb represented the end of the "New" Matt "MATTHEW" Hardy, as I've come full circle back to the "Old" Matt Hardy. They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and I believe that statement defined my last two weeks. Regardless of if its in a wrestling ring or not, I WILL change the World, make it a better place, and inspire and motivate others to do the same. I am of sane mind, completely clean of any and all crutches, and feel better then I have in years. You'll be surprised at my stories from the last two weeks, as well as my future plans and aspirations.. More videos will follow on http://www.youtube.com/MATTHARDYBRAND to explain my revelation and reveal my future plans. I apologize to anyone who was taken off guard or frightened by my final, cryptic YouTube entry. I want to reassure everyone that I am doing great right now. Stay tuned, as I'll be upgrading and launching several new ventures in the days to come. Be well all, I wish you all the best.

Matt Hardy

Re: Justin Credible's theme - he used both the Prong version and the cover. I think at some point in the TNN era he switched to the cover version.

I think most of the ECW CD that was released contained covers and not the actual versions used in ECW. I still have both CD's.

I definitely remember Justin Credible using the Grinspoon version. I don't think there is a band that hasn't played Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck.

I don't remember if RVD ever used the Kilgore version of Walk, which is too bad because Kilgore is awesome. I just remember the one where they looped the verse riff endlessly.

I may be alone on this, but I legitimately hope Henry gets the title at the next PPV.

He's the top heel in the company right now. Go ahead and let that marinate for a bit.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I may be alone on this, but I legitimately hope Henry gets the title at the next PPV.

He's the top heel in the company right now. Go ahead and let that marinate for a bit.[/QUOTE]

I'm not fan of the guy's skills by any means, but they've done a really good job pushing him as a dominant monster heel, and I think it should pay off.

Wasn't he a smiling, lovable babyface just a couple months ago?

They do that with Big Show a lot.

I can't take either of them seriously if Creative insists on making their in-ring characters so bipolar.

Give it to him for three reasons:

1) Dude's career has been a two-decade shit sandwich that's he's eaten with zero complaints. Yeah, yeah, he's wealthy as a motherfucker, but if you put up with what he did, would you continue to work there long after your first contract ended?

2) He's loyal as fuck. He's a company man. Not in a John Cena zero-integrity, I'll do whatever is good for business, no talent wrestling version of Nickelback prefab motherfucker way, but in that he does what he's told. He smiles and kisses the babies when he's told to, and he turns into giant angry black man when he's told to. He sires a hand when he's told to. So it's not just that his career has been one embarrassing moment after another, it's that he's done what was asked when asked to do it. I don't think you will ever hear a cross word from him towards the company when his career is done. You gotta reward that stuff. It's good for business.

3) Randy Orton is the champ right now. WWE's managed to accomplish being in both a full state of creative panic at the same time they're in the same holding pattern that they've been in for years now. Orton has the big gold belt. And yet they call WWE programming "first run."

TNA needed more Karen Jarrett on TV apparently.

EDIT: They actually mentioned Jeff's issues on TV (not specifically drugs) but brought up his legal troubles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back