The Brothers of Destruction Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the definitive look, though, is what I like to call "Bret Hart's Title." I think everyone likes to call it the "Winged Eagle Title." That's a little redundant. I'm pretty sure most eagles have wings.

:lol:

I've had this exact same thought several times.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']This is his 3rd DUI "problem" since 2006. He's only been caught 3 times. You can bet he is not getting caught every time he drives under the influence. Anyone who repeatedly drives in that condition needs some kind of counseling at the LEAST.[/QUOTE]

Again, .06 is not "under the influence." It's quite legal, in fact.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I don't think that's remotely close to being accurate. Especially when taking Kurt's size into account. If it were true most people would be dead after 4 drinks.[/QUOTE]

There are a ton of factors - certainly weight, metabolism, and gender are all factors that will influence Angle's BAC in his favor. That's quite right. But what I posted is indeed the true, albeit crude, calculation.

Sorry, people. I don't see a controversy or scandal here. They don't exist each and every time someone encounters the police.

Punk's comment about the winged eagle is rather rich, coming from someone whose primary place of employment is the squared circle.

EDIT: Also, I beg to differ that "Winged Eagle" is redundant. I can see his point, but knowing what a wanking ultra whackjob Republican McMahon is, we could have had this eagle on the belt instead:
crying_eagle.jpg

[quote name='Survivalism']Everyone "likes" to call it the Winged Eagle because that's what it's called. We didn't make it up.[/QUOTE]

His point was that "winged eagle" is redundant. Y'know, like it says in the quote. :roll:

[quote name='mykevermin']

If you're trying to stretch his little tete-a-tete with Dana White into being applicable here as well, you're ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Besides his substance problems, the guy tells stories about literally everything. From the twitter hackers, to him bitching about trivial shit on Twitter then back tracking, to him going to the Olympics, to doing MMA, etc, he seems to have a lot of problems with telling the truth.

[quote name='mykevermin']Again, .06 is not "under the influence." It's quite legal, in fact.[/QUOTE]

You don't seem to understand how DUI/DWI laws work. There is the legal limit. You blow over it, you're guilty of drunk driving whether or not you actually displayed any signs of being drunk (unless you find a technicality/loop hole).

Anything below the legal limit of .08, and you can still be found guilty of drunk driving if the amount you had in your system impaired your driving ability. If Angle blew a .06 and was swerving all over the highway, its extremely possible to obtain a conviction of drunk driving. If he blew a .06 but the cop only pulled him over for failing to use a turn signal while exiting the highway or something ridiculous, its going to be much harder to make the case that he was so impaired by the .06 he couldn't safely operate his vehicle.

[quote name='kodave']Anything below the legal limit of .08, and you can still be found guilty of drunk driving if the amount you had in your system impaired your driving ability.[/QUOTE]

That is most certainly not the case in all jurisdictions. Can you cite a few examples of where this is the case (either cases or the laws themselves)?

[quote name='Blackout']Besides his substance problems, the guy tells stories about literally everything. From the twitter hackers, to him bitching about trivial shit on Twitter then back tracking, to him going to the Olympics, to doing MMA, etc, he seems to have a lot of problems with telling the truth.[/QUOTE]

"substance problems." If you want to talk about his late-WWE days as a dude with a massive pill problem, I'm in agreement with you. If you want to put .06 BAC on the same level as a dozen-soma-a-day problem, however, you're way off base.

problems with the truth? he's a professional wrestler. their entire livelihoods are centered around lying. do you believe everything that comes out of every wrestler's mouth? that's the very definition of a mark. singling one dude out for putting himself over on twitter is, again, ridiculous.

A lot of people who sit at the top of their given field have gotten there because they are full of extreme self confidence. Their willingness to go the extra mile and complete belief in themselves is what made them successful. I am sure that Kurt feels he can do a lot of things he not actually be able to do. Also him not doing mma shouldn't be held against him because he probably realized he wasn't going to be able to be competitive after not fighting competitively for over a dozen years.

[quote name='mykevermin']

"substance problems." If you want to talk about his late-WWE days as a dude with a massive pill problem, I'm in agreement with you. If you want to put .06 BAC on the same level as a dozen-soma-a-day problem, however, you're way off base.

problems with the truth? he's a professional wrestler. their entire livelihoods are centered around lying. do you believe everything that comes out of every wrestler's mouth? that's the very definition of a mark. singling one dude out for putting himself over on twitter is, again, ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying this recent arrest is on par with his pill addiction. Absolutely not. But you have to be naive if you think Angle doesn't have some major problems when it comes to drugs and possibly alcohol. There's no way he can perform at the level he does, at his age and with all his injuries, without being on something. I mean the guy has how many neck injuries, and he continues to do crazy spots off the top of cages and things of that nature.

I didn't say I believe Angle when he says, "I'M GONNA BREAK YOUR FREAKIN' ANKLE, OH IT'S REAL IT'S DAMN REAL." I think most people would agree that Angle the regular dude is full of shit though. Twitter should be used to put yourself and your products over, except most wrestlers seem to use it to vent their personal feelings about their real lives, career, or a TV show. Angle uses it to bitch about a WWE ranking DVD or whatever else and make claims how he's on the road to the Olympics or MMA.

"Kurt Angle apparently believes he's been FRAMED in connection with his drunk driving arrest Sunday morning ... this according to sources connected with the famous wrestler.

As TMZ first reported, Angle was popped in Virginia after he was allegedly seen driving erratically on I-66.

But Angle's lawyer tells TMZ ... his client passed a breathalyzer test. The lawyer tells us, "We understand Kurt will be entering a plea of not guilty in response to any infractions and/or offenses."

Sources connected with Kurt tell TMZ ... cops are just trying to make an example of him.

The cops are mum, saying the case will be tried in court.

FYI ... someone who is not legally drunk (i.e., someone who passes a breathalyzer test) can still be arrested for driving under the influence if drugs or alcohol -- even minimal amounts -- impair the driver's ability to navigate the road."

http://www.tmz.com/2011/09/05/kurt-...dui-under-the-influence-alcohol/#.TmUIMo6K8v4

[quote name='mykevermin']That is most certainly not the case in all jurisdictions. Can you cite a few examples of where this is the case (either cases or the laws themselves)?[/QUOTE]

Please stop being ridiculous. This is the norm not the exception. Just Google it. One of the first results is for a Virginia DUI lawyer's website (Virginia being where Kurt was arrested for this DUI):

Virginia DUI law (section § 18.2-266) states that DUI is a class 1 misdemeanor. The best way to describe exactly what Virginia DUI law says is to describe it as 2 separate violations. When someone is arrested in Virginia for operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs (prescription or illegal) they are charged with 2 separate offenses. These 2 separate citations are what comprise what is commonly referred to as a Virginia DUI.
Virginia drunk driving convictions can be obtained by proving either of the following offenses;

• Driving while under the influence of alcohol (or drugs, or a combination of alcohol and drugs), or by
  • Violating the Virginia "per se" laws.
The legal blood alcohol concentration (BAC) limit in Virginia is .08 % which means that it is illegal to drive with a BAC of .08% or greater. If you submitted to a chemical test and the results came in at .08% or greater then you'll most likely be convicted of violating the Virginia per se law. The test results are the only evidence the prosecution needs to prove guilt on this count.

What is not commonly realized though is that you can get a Virginia DUI even if you are not over the legal blood alcohol limit. If the officer determines that the amount of alcohol you consumed was enough to impair your ability to safely operate a motor vehicle he or she can still cite you for driving under the influence (DUI), no matter what your BAC was. Below are some of the punishments you can expect.
Virginia DUI Punishments

Relevant DUI law statutes: Virginia DUI Law § 18.2-270, § 18.2-271, § 18.2-270.1, § 18.2-271.1

Thanks for providing that information, even if you have to misinterpret my words so you can be a cunt about it.

Since you're such a goddamned google genius and a law scholar, you would have gone straight to § 18.2-266 instead of some ambulance chasing wanker's website anyway.

[quote name='Blackout']Twitter should be used to put yourself and your products over, except most wrestlers seem to use it to vent their personal feelings about their real lives, career, or a TV show. Angle uses it to bitch about a WWE ranking DVD or whatever else and make claims how he's on the road to the Olympics or MMA.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that you had to own a business or something to have a twitter. I guess I should go and deactivate the account I made for the FF5 Fiesta.

[quote name='mykevermin']Thanks for providing that information, even if you have to misinterpret my words so you can be a cunt about it.

Since you're such a goddamned google genius and a law scholar, you would have gone straight to § 18.2-266 instead of some ambulance chasing wanker's website anyway.[/QUOTE]

The reason you do not have to be over .08 BAC is because drug use does not register on a breathalyzer. They could have taken his blood also if they did or not I don't know. Don't know if you noticed but most states have gotten away from DWI which is driving while intoxicated to DUI which is driving under the influence which covers a much larger spectrum of issues.

EDIT: ^ fair enough, silentevil.

[quote name='Blackout']I'm not saying this recent arrest is on par with his pill addiction. Absolutely not. But you have to be naive if you think Angle doesn't have some major problems when it comes to drugs and possibly alcohol. There's no way he can perform at the level he does, at his age and with all his injuries, without being on something. I mean the guy has how many neck injuries, and he continues to do crazy spots off the top of cages and things of that nature.[/quote]

Oh, I'll definitely concede that point. I don't see his recent arrest as part of a larger issue, however. Angle being with TNA makes the issue more frightening, in all honesty - while there is firm evidence that there are "convenience factors" that handle WWE's wellness violations, TNA as far as we know has no real drug testing policy. Jeff Hardy can confirm that. WWE certainly will let political issues impact who is and is not suspended, but it is indeed a positive sign that they also put the emergency brakes on one of their upper card feuds (Nash v Punk) because the former couldn't pass a basic physical. This guy would be in the ring today if he were in TNA.

I didn't say I believe Angle when he says, "I'M GONNA BREAK YOUR FREAKIN' ANKLE, OH IT'S REAL IT'S DAMN REAL." I think most people would agree that Angle the regular dude is full of shit though. Twitter should be used to put yourself and your products over, except most wrestlers seem to use it to vent their personal feelings about their real lives, career, or a TV show. Angle uses it to bitch about a WWE ranking DVD or whatever else and make claims how he's on the road to the Olympics or MMA.

Maybe my views of twitter are a bit skewed, but people use twitter for all sorts of things, very little of it good. Passive-aggressive views on humanity, a "dear diary" kind of bitch fest, a way to call your friends "f-gs," a way to check in to every Burger King in the vicinity, and so on. Angle is indeed full of shit, but I think most of it is rather harmless. He's not convincing me that UFC wanted him. Now, if he was denying having ever had a pill problem or some such, then I'd say it's a larger psychological issue.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I didn't know that you had to own a business or something to have a twitter. I guess I should go and deactivate the account I made for the FF5 Fiesta.[/QUOTE]

ITT: Misinterpret everything anyone says, fight about it.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I didn't know that you had to own a business or something to have a twitter. I guess I should go and deactivate the account I made for the FF5 Fiesta.[/QUOTE]

I meant from a wrestler's standpoint. :)

Angle, like Nash, would probably not be allowed to wrestle in WWE if he came back because of his injuries and the way he possibly manages them. I think no one in TNA has said something yet is because a) it's TNA and b) he's probably the best wrestler in the company and makes everyone else look good while putting on the best matches on the card. He hasn't had any moments like Hardy did several months ago where he screwed up the entire PPV main event. All his screw ups have happened outside the ring, so TNA will never do anything about it.

That WRP (Katz's fed) keeps adding solid names to their roster, the latest of which is Prince Devitt. Their announced talent is below.

1) Colt Cabana
(2) Len Olson a/k/a Dr. Luther
(3) Ken Doane (formerly Kenny Dykstra)
(4) Alex Reynolds (Alex Zikos)
(5) Kenny Omega
(6) MVP
(7) Sami Callihan
(8) Daivari
(9) Emil Sitoci
(10) Luke Gallows
(11) Prince Devitt

Daivari's a good enough talent in the ring, and really good on the mic - I'm happy to see him get work, and excited to see what comes of WRP. MVP seems excited about being encouraged to play a new character there.

What ever happened to that new organization that was supposed to pay for guys medical bills and stuff (or something like that)? I think it was supposed to launch in Florida or something several months ago. Did it fall through?

[quote name='Blackout']What ever happened to that new organization that was supposed to pay for guys medical bills and stuff (or something like that)? I think it was supposed to launch in Florida or something several months ago. Did it fall through?[/QUOTE]

Booker T was supposedly starting it up.. so..

Not sure if this is the same one. http://www.bookertpwa.com/HOME.html

Booker T wasn't starting it up, but he was apparently signed to it. Given that he's in WWE, and there was nothing even announced about the group beyond a handful of signed guys, it's clearly dead.

[quote name='Blackout']What ever happened to that new organization that was supposed to pay for guys medical bills and stuff (or something like that)? I think it was supposed to launch in Florida or something several months ago. Did it fall through?[/QUOTE]

Never heard of it. WWE covers some injuries from what I understand though they treat their workers as contracted labor which means the individuals are responsible for their own insurance etc. Last I heard they were being sued because of this so I dunno if they still work this way.

There are so many injuries the cost of insurance has to be through the roof. I don't see how a start could have the capital to cover any potential injuries and time off from said injuries. Wrestlers are treated like livestock. They're brought up some of the best are kept around to stud the rest get sent to the slaughterhouse.

[quote name='Scorch']Booker T was supposedly starting it up.. so..

Not sure if this is the same one. http://www.bookertpwa.com/HOME.html[/QUOTE]

Isn't this Booker-T's wrestling school?

[quote name='xilly']Just in case anyone ITT still believes Zack Ryder's youtube stint wasn't fully supported and endorsed by the WWE beforehand, here's even more proof: http://us.wwe.com/inside/wwefeaturepage/internet-championship-in-wwe[/QUOTE]

Because WWE has never taken someone getting themselves over and took credit for it. Obviously they're on board now, but if I had to pinpoint when they took notice and specifically sanctioned it, look for whatever episode he stops calling himself the WWE Internet Champion and shortens it to just Internet Champion.

[quote name='Survivalism']ITT: Misinterpret everything anyone says, fight about it.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that how wrestling works? ;)

[quote name='neocisco']Prince Devitt with WRP? Niiiice.[/QUOTE]

No kidding. I'm not familiar with Emil Sitoci or Sami Callahan, but based on the rest of the roster my interest is *very* piqued.

[quote name='mykevermin']Dude blew a .06 based on all we know at the time, and y'all are acting like he drank a fifth of moonshine and drove a tractor trailer off a cliff.

BAC of .1 = the proportion of fluids in the body's bloodstream that are alcohol if the person consumes 1 drink (12 oz beer, 1 oz spirits, 4 oz wine) in 1 hour.

So you're condemning a guy to "hot mess" hell and comparing him to Meth Hardy when he had half a beer and was pulled over.

Seriously, get the fuck over yourselves.

If you're trying to stretch his little tete-a-tete with Dana White into being applicable here as well, you're ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
Well... He's a wrestler. One can only wonder if he washed down a few pills with that .06 of alcohol.

[quote name='mykevermin']Thanks for providing that information, even if you have to misinterpret my words so you can be a cunt about it.

Since you're such a goddamned google genius and a law scholar, you would have gone straight to § 18.2-266 instead of some ambulance chasing wanker's website anyway.[/QUOTE]

Never claimed to be a legal expert, and even if I was, only a DUI lawyer from Virginia would have the statutory code section committed to memory. Could I have gone straight to the Virgina penal code to prove you wrong? Perhaps, but thats not what I was searching for. Conveniently the ambulance chaser's website popped up on a broad general search and it happened to be for Virginia. I only proved you were wrong since you think Angle didn't break the law because he didn't blow .08. Who is the cunt now? Still you, I'm certain. But I don't have the statutory code section to verify it. I'll have to continue Google-ing, then I'll let you know.

Last edited by a moderator:
The most annoying WWE video package of the year started the show, recapping the worst parts of the HHH-Punk-Nash deal, making it more confusing than it needs to be, AND it re-showed the stupid Punk fake-puking and forced "PIPE BOMB" stuff from last week. It took FOUR MINUTES to recap mostly the past week of the storyline. Punk rambled, Nash rambled, then they rambled together while Punk referenced TMNT2, Nash yelled and yelled, then HHH came out and just waved off Textgate by saying there was MYSTERY FOOTAGE showing Nash entering his office to send the text, then Nash yelled more at HHH, who punched him then fired him. I hated this until Punk told Nash that he wished him well in his future endeavors. That didn't make this worth the 13 minutes this whole deal took. They came back from a break to focus on Nash, WHO WAS APPARENTLY FIRED, getting into a limo with Johnny Acehole. So after watching a bunch of talking, Air Boom comes out to face...Khali and Jinder. On live TV. This wasn't good, but had a funny ending, with Khali chopping Jinder right into an SSP. I approve of more matches that involve Jinder losing via Khali's wacky chop. Didn't do shit to put the champs over really, but at least they didn't job. They showed a Punk-Truth graphic tonight, which fit the announced match earlier, but I wish they'd shown a clip that built it up because I don't remember Truth interfering in Punk's match last week. Then we got Beth-Eve, which I couldn't pay attention to due to the incredibly goofy commentary from Nattie and Kelly, which made this worth watching once. 40 minutes into the show, and the WWE Championship feud was bought up in an awesome video package focusing on Alberto's destiny. Alberto cut an awesome promo backstage with Christian to get him to face Cena, and he was so casual and yet manipulative here, it was awesome.

Truth and Miz came out for a comedy segment. The material wasn't great, but man was the delivery perfect. Too goofy for a main event-level act, but enjoyable. Punk-Truth was fine, but was overshadowed by the commentary, which saw J.R. subtly knock Miz for playing fantasy football and not real football, correcting Cole on using "Can I" instead of "May I", AND burying his plaid suit. Then Cole tried to bury J.R. by impersonating him and just failed. Badly. Then he had a AND THIS SHIRT IS TOO TIGHT, BILLY moment. I wish Cole would plug #guntomouth as a trending topic on twitter. Or just have someone get the hook for him. A fish hook - RIGHT THROUGH THE THROAT. I was praying for an alternate Taz and Tenay commentary track here. Oh, and Punk beat Truth clean with the GTS. And then HHH came out to further render the win useless and remind you that HHH IS THE COO. He announced that his match against Punk is no DQ, which led to Punk burying HHH's sledgehammer gimmick by basically saying it never really hurts people. Alberto stirred some shit with Barrett, who was being talked to by Tyler Reks and Curt Hawkins. Then, out of nowhere, they announced the WWE Network in 2012. Ryder's video was amusing - made Ryder seem a bit annoying, but the "i DRAW MONEY" bit was gold. Cole refused to shut up here, but thank God, J.R. just ignored him and acted like he was the only commentator. Match was better for it. Loved Alberto stirring up shit for Dolph, then abandoning him to fuck the Bellas while Ricardo made wacky faces in the background.

J.R. did the best job in human history at putting the Orton-Henry cage match over in ten seconds. He managed to put both guys over and explained the psychology of the match in next to no time at all. Then Heath Slater came out to something that someone in WWE thinks is Southern rock to no reaction. J.R. actually pushed Slater as a non-jobber here, saying that he had everything to gain and nothing to lose, which is different than Cole calling everyone a loser, dork, nerd, or geek. If they're not going to push Slater, then having him as a glorified jobber to main event stars is fine because he's great at selling. No one's sold Show's punch better than him, and he was super-graceful during the RKO. Sucks to be Orton who flew in from France to do a nothing match that wasn't even hyped up. He just showed up and had a match like it was nothing. Ryder and Cena did wacky comedy, and God bless Cena for trying to help his friend out here, but having him cut wacky comedy with a mid-card guy the lead announcer spent his whole match burying isn't the best thing to do right before he's coming to cut a promo and theoretically try and sell you a PPV match.

Cena buried Alberto for his car, then Alberto came out with Cena pointing out the parts of Alberto's entrance while THE RUDOS OF RAW came out to attack Cena, leading to the face brigade saving him, and Teddy Long making a match with HHH's blessing. Loved the 8-man tag coming out of that, because they're basically guaranteed to be awesome and this show's been dying a slow death. Good to have a main event match announced at 10:50 PM. I guess they were just going to have Cena talk for 15 minutes to close the show. Why not? Makes as much sense as opening the show with 15 minutes of talking each week. Morrison's new white and black gear looks tremendous, and he started his part of the match clearing house in an awesome way. Loved the sleeper/ankle lock combo. Not so big a fan of it making Morrison be the first guy out. It's fine to have him lose to that spot, but first? Eh, makes him seem like a jobber. Especially since Riley was still in there. And none of his FRESH PARTNERS bothered to try and help him three minutes into the match. Loved Swagger forcing both Morrison and Riley to tap out - if they hadn't spent the past year burying him and treating him as a joke, and instead kept him in the secondary title mix regularly, this could've easily put him in a major spot again.

Loved Sheamus beating up Swagger in the middle of forearming the hell out of Barrett's chest. And then he knocked Dolph down to continue his attack on Christian on the floor. This led to a double count out, but was AWESOME. LOLed at Cole selling the 2-midcarders vs. 1 main eventer odds as being dire for Cena, since anyone who's watched Raw in the past five years knows it's the heels who are handicapped here. Kinda odd to have this main event match end with Swagger and Dolph as a team and then have Miz and Truth get the tag title shot at the PPV, although I guess Dolph being involved wouldn't make sense since he's also the U.S. Champ. Loved Swagger actually using the ankle lock on Cena because for once, it seemed like it COULD win since it worked twice before. Led to an awesome-looking STF from Cena for once, who then hit Alberto with the FU...which was no-sold. That was odd. Really good, fun main event though.

When the show ended, I wanted Cole dead, I wanted the entire Punk-Nash-HHH thing to just be over. I don't want to see Punk-HHH or Punk-Nash now, or watch any combination of these guys talk and talk and talk for eons. I wasn't anymore excited about Cena-Alberto than I was before, but I do want to see where Alberto as the lead shit-stirrer in WWE goes. The main event match gave me hope that Barrett and Sheamus will have a great match on the PPV, and that Barrett will be back as a regular main eventer, while Swagger was built up brilliantly in the match as a threat, although it'll only mean something if they do anything with it. Otherwise, he had a great night and that was that. Oh, and it still sucks to be Morrison, who was the first eliminated and couldn't even get a win in an 8-man ELIMINATION tag team match.

Screens -

Quotes -
King - PUNK’S HOLDING ANOTHER PIPE BOMB!
Punk - I have a little nugget of info for everyone, I think you know it, but I’ll say it anyway - I AM DIFFERENT. I walk differently. I act differently. I speak differently. I don’t have a filter between my brain and mouth - horrible things fall out of my head. Like I’m the best wrestler in the world. What’s different about that is I have the ability and back it up in the ring. Being different makes me a target. In other words, I tend to piss a lot of people off! And hey, maybe that’s why Truth interfered, and tonight, I’m scheduled to face R-Truth tonight. That would be lovely normally, but now, it’s not. There’s one guy I’d rather kick in the face - KEVIN NASH! Because I feel I’m so different, I think that Nash is PAINFULLY THE SAME. He’s the soul-crushing status quo. Same music since ‘96, same hair dye since the first Gulf War. The same notion that him shoving HHH means that he and Hunter are mortal enemies. I think they’re still best buddies. Nash, I’m sure you’ll have HHH’s back when I face him at NoC, so tonight, I wanna give you an open forum and do something different - FACE ME LIKE A MAN! I’m waiting! GET YOUR BALLS OUT OF YOUR PURSE AND FACE ME LIKE A MAN!
JR - Never stick a big dog with a big stick.
Nash - First, I DON’T LISTEN TO YOU. I DO WHAT I WANT, WHEN I WANT. I FIGHT WHEN I WANT. I DO WHATEVER I WANT. JUST LIKE LAST MONDAY, WHEN I STUCK YOU IN THE CANVAS! Secondly,.
Punk - YOU HAVE MORE EXCUSES THAN NICKNAMES, BIG SEXY, VINNIE VEGAS, OZ, SUPER SHREDDER. I DON’T THINK PEOPLE WILL GET THAT ONE!
Nash - What’s gonna happen if I come down there? Look at you and look at me - I LEAVE YOU LYING. When it comes down to it, HHH did you a favor - pulling me out of the match just made sure I didn’t kill you.
Punk - Lemme understand this, aside from that crap, THE ESTROGEN PILLS… QUIEST, YOU’RE KILLING ME. The estrogen pills you took int eh Longest Yard were real - In ‘94, Justin Beiber was born, Arsenio Hall had a TV show, AND I COULDN’T DRIVE. THAT’S THE LAST TIME YOU WERE RELEVANT. DON’T PUT IT ALL ON HHH. And keep walking, because no matter how many times you take me down, I’ll keep standing!
Nash - I’M TIRED OF THIS. THE GUY’S A CANCER - GET RID OF HIM. YA SHOULD HAVE DONE IT BEFORE. HE NEEDS TO BE GONE! THIS UNIVERSE ISN’T BIG ENOUGH FOR HE AND I!
HHH - You want me to get rid of him, Kev? Normally, I’d be inclined to do that, and forgive you for putting your hands on me. But this isn’t a normal week - I found out the truth. They have some security footage at the Staples Center. Not the main footage, it’s stuff they forgot about. A lot of people go in and out of my office, but there’s one guy who goes into my office at the same time you receive a text from me.
THAT GUY WAS YOU, KEV!
Nash - YEAH, YOU’RE RIGHT - I DID LIE. I DID WHAT YOU COULDN’T DO - I MADE WWE COOL AGAIN! I MADE IT EXCITING! It wasn’t for him. This cancer. YOU NEED TO KNOW SOMETHING, THIS WWE UNIVERSE ISN’T BIG ENOUGH FOR HIM AND ME. YOU GOTTA MAKE A DECISION, ONE OF US HAS GOT TO GO!
HHH - I don’t like Punk, but he doesn’t lie to me. YOU’VE DONE NOTHING BUT LIE TO ME. YOU WANT ME TO GET RID OF SOMEBODY, I’M INCLINED TO GET RID OF SOMEBODY!
Nash - WOAH WOAH WOAH. YOU KIDDING ME!? YOU’RE GONNA PICK HIM OVER ME!? I’VE KNOWN YOU FOR 20 YEARS! I’M YOUR FRIEND! Is this about that push? I GOT EMOTIONAL! I THOUGHT FRIENDS COULD DO THAT. WHADYA GONNA DO ABOUT IT?! YOU AIN’T GONNA DO NOTHING!
HHH - Maybe that. MAYBE THIS - WE WERE FRIENDS, KEV. AND MAYBE, NAH, DEFINIITELY, YOU’RE FIRED!
Punk - HAHA! Best of luck in your future endeavors.
Cole - THE NAME AIR BOOM WAS CHOSEN BY THE WWE UNIVERSE!
Cole - I understand Evan Bourne just opened a motorcycle shop - selling Vespas!
J.R. - Kofi is agile and intelligent!
Cole - ONLY AGILE AND INTELLIGENT!? WHAT ABOUT EXCITING!?
J.R. - I didn’t mean to exclude any of your adjectives, Cole.
Kelly - THAT ARTICLE WAS SUCH B.S. - WE HAVE WORKED OUR BUTTS OFF!
Nattie - THE WWE UNIVERSE WANTS CANDY, AND CANDY ROTS THEIR TEETH OUT! THEY NEED VEGETABLES!
King - Survivor Series is gonna be electrifying!
Alberto - Christian, I was expecting to see you with the world title tonight. You know why you don’t have it? YOHN CENA!
Christian - So now, you want me to fight Cena for you? I’LL FIGHT HIM WHEN I WANT TO!
Alberto - Hey, Cena hit you with the AA - and then 24 hours later, you had the cage match. If it wasn’t for Yohn Cena, you and I would be champions, but whatever. See you later.
Cole - WE’RE BACK ON MONDAY NIGHT RAW SUPERSHOW!
Truth - YA KNOW WHAT!? JUST WHEN I THINK I I’VE HEARD IT ALL, CM PUNK STARTS TO SHOW OFF CALLING HIMSELF DIFFERENT. NOW HOW IS WHAT HE DOES DIFFERENT!? DON’T WHAT ME! YA SEE, UNLIKE PUNK, I BEEN SPEAKING THE TRUTH MY WHOLE LIFE! THE REAL TRUTH! SO I GUESS I NEED TO BE A GOOOODD R-TRUTH! KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT, BUY A TICKET, AND GO TO NOC, THEN I CAN SIT IN THE AUDIENCE AND STUFF MY FACE LIKE THE REST OF YOU LITTLE JIMMIES!
Cole - LOOK AT THAT SUIT!
King - Clowns R Us.
Miz - I had an epiphany.
Truth - I had one of those when I was a kid.
Miz - A manifestation.
Truth - That comes after puberty, don’t it?
Miz - We know what’s going on - THERE IS A CONSPIRACY. HHH is in way over his head as COO. He’s so busy worrying about his friends have enough airtime, rather than worrying about the two best talents on the Raw super shows, therefore, I’LL DO HIS JOB FOR HIM. IN 2 WEEKS, TRUTH AND I WILL HAVE A TITLE MATCH! WE’LL BE FACING EVAN BOURNE AND KOFI KINGSTON! AKA AIR BOOM! REALLY!? THAT’S THE NAME YOU PEOPLE CHOSE?! REALLY?! THAT IS THE STUPIDEST NAME I’VE EVER HEARD!
Truth - AIR BOOM IS ABOUT BAD AS A SNEAKY FART!
Miz - I’ll get this one - WHAT!?
Truth - A sneaky fart - poof. It’s a bit of air, AND THEN KABOOM! On behalf of Evan and Kofi, we’ll accept that challenge. I just had an emphaly!
Miz - EPIPHANY!
Truth - CM PUNK’S ABOUT TO GET GOT!
Cole - Miz and Truth challenged and accepted.
King - CHALLENGED AND ACCEPTED!?
J.R. - That makes sense.
Cole - Can I talk about the Miz?
J.R. - Can you?
Cole - Miz is going to be on the radio - TALKING ABOUT FANTASY FOOTBALL! You play?
J.R. - No, I don’t play FANTASY football.
Cole - SUPER SHREDDER, A TERM CM PUNK USED EARLIER, AND AIR BOOM ARE TRENDING WORLDWIDE!
J.R. - Miz avoids the contact - lucky for the plaid suit!
Cole - ALL YOUR OPINIONS ARE STUPID, J.R.! HOW’S THAT!?
J.R. - That’s fine.
Cole - IT’S BREAKING DOWN IN COLUMBUS, HERE TONIGHT! R-TRUTH! WHAT, LAWLER!?
Cole - WHO KNOWS IF HHH, NASH, OR ANYONE IS TELLING THE TRUTH!? WHO KNOWS!?
Punk - Before you run your mouth, I don’t buy you punching Nash. AM I SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE YOU GUYS AREN’T IN ON THIS!?
HHH - I don’t care. Nash is gone. You want change, Obama? YOU GOT CHANGE COMING YOUR WAY! I just changed our match! Ya see, I told you this has nothing to do with business, and it doesn’t. YOU MADE IT PERSONAL! I’m not gonna be satisfied just pinning you, I WANNA HURT YOU, BAD! So at NoC, it’s gonna be no DQ. ANYTHING GOES! AND I WILL HURT YOU! AND YOU HAD BETTER HOPE I GET ALL OF THIS OUT OF MY SYSTEM, OTHERWISE, I MIGHT JUST FIRE YA, TOO!
Punk - Hold up, cerebral Ass-assin! I like No DQ. You been hitting people with sledgehammers for 10 years and haven’t killed anyone. I agree to your stip if you agree to me - IF I BEAT YOU, YOU RESIGN AS COO OF WWE!
HHH - DONE!
Cole - THIS IS ANOTHER EVENT THAT COME CHANGE THE DIRECTION OF WWE!
Alberto - Tyler, Hawkins, I need a moment with Wade. Yohn Cena embarrassed you, he beat you in…Ricardo? FIVE MINUTES!
Barrett - I’ve been humiliating Cena since before you came into WWE. You don’t need to give me an incentive to beat up Cena. Watch what I do tonight.
Cole - McGullicutty tweeted that Lawler should man up!
King - Guys, I never said you weren’t good athletes. I just said I’ve seen cadavers with more personality than you. My tag team partner is bursting with personality. As a matter of fact, lemme introduce him - THE LONG ISLAND ICED Z, ZACK RYDER!
Ryder - I’m dong all the jobs!
Ryder - Friday, Friday, getting down on Friday!
Ryder - I can draw money!
Cole - I bet you sent in your video to the Youtube-tube, J.R.!
Cole - JR. YOU CAN’T HAVE OPINIONS! YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO BE A BROADCAST JOURNALIST!
J.R. - Big right hand.
Alberto - Dolph, I’m an honest man. There’s a rumor that after you lost to Orton, Vickie just dogged you.
Dolph - There’s a rumor about you - how you’re afraid of Cena!
J.R. - MARK HENRY IS FOUR HUNDRED POUNDS OF DEVESTATION AND DESTRUCTION! RANDY ORTON WILL HAVE TO PULL OUT HIS PSYCHOTIC SIDE TO SURVIVE!
Ryder - YOU’RE A BROSKI!
Cena - SUNGLASSES INDOORS!? WHAT KIND OF AN IDIOT DOES THAT! Just kidding. Take care.
Ryder - SPIKE YOUR HAIR!
Cena - HAPPY LABOR DAY, EVERYBODY!
Cena - That’s a very interesting clip. (fans boo loudly) I know, I’M UPSET AS WELL. Because ever since that happened, I demand that I put Alberto’s head on a plate. AND I’M ASKING A MAGIC 8 BALL, BUT I BET TATTOO FROM FANTASY ISLAND IS GONNA COME OUT IN A RENTAL CAR AND GIVE ME AN EXCUSE TO NOT FIGHT ME TONIGHT! (Ricardo comes out) I’M GOOD! CUE THE LUXURY CAR!
Cole - DEL RIO DOESN’T RENT HIS CARS, HE BUYS THEM!
J.R. - Must have a big garage.
Cole - HE OWNS A RANCH!
Cole - IT’S AN AWDY!
King - Audi.
Cole - JR’s rubbing off on me.
J.R. - It’s always me.
Alberto - CENA, YOU JUST DON’T GET IT. I’m trying to give you a fighting chance. YES! Cena, Rey is not here and he’s gonna be here for a long time - BECAUSE OF ME! John, I didn’t do the same to you because I wanna give you a fighting chance against me - THAT’S JUST THE CHAMPION I AM! And last week, I didn’t show up because I’m trying to protect you. Tonight, I’m down here, because I’m trying to protect you. I can’t say the same for these guys - THE RUDOS OF RAW!
King - I WISH VICKIE WOULD MANAGE YOU, COLE!
Cole - I wouldn’t mind - SHE’S SUCCESSFUL!
Cole - SHEAMUS LOVES TO THRUST HIS 275 POUND BODY LIKE A BATTERING RAM!
King - DOUBLE FIVE KNUCKLE SHUFFLE!

Little Tokyo died yesterday. That leaves Lord Littlebrook as the only little wrestler still alive from WM III, though according to Wikipedia, he's 82 and not doing so well.

Arguably the hottest angle in WWE since the Attitude era or early Invasion has been killed and crammed into the span of under two months, with overbooking that ran it into the ground. Not much to be interested in right now.

[quote name='Genocidal']Arguably the hottest angle in WWE since the Attitude era or early Invasion has been killed and crammed into the span of under two months, with overbooking that ran it into the ground. Not much to be interested in right now.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Punk is already both a parody of himself and boring. His promos the past few weeks have been awful and his feud with Triple H shockingly uninteresting. Their explanation of "who sent the text to Nash?" with a brief, flippant "oh, I saw some security footage that we're not going to show, it was Nash" stuff is unintentionally hilarious and shows that the writers are either fucking terrible, overworked to the bone, or both.

[quote name='vlv723']So WWE released Kevin Nash. I don't buy it.[/quote]

Yep.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Little Tokyo died yesterday.[/QUOTE]

:(

The Virginia State Patrol is firing back at Kurt Angle for claiming he passed a breathalyzer test and should not have been arrested.

Trooper C.R. Scally has identified himself as the arresting officer. He said they received a 911 call from a third-party saying a car was swerving all over the road. The officers pulled over Angle shortly past 11:00pm on Saturday night.

Scally says that Angle not only failed several field sobreity tests, but he also indeed failed a breathalyzer. Scally says Angle initially blew a 0.091 BAC, which is over the legal limit of 0.08. Scally says Angle's claim of blowing a 0.06 was true, but he didn't blow that until early Sunday morning after he was taken to the police station.

And this is why people on here (and presumably elsewhere) heaved a collective sigh when Angle got arrested. Not all the facts are out but now that we're hearing more sides to the story, it seems like more of the same.

This past Monday on Monday Night Mayhem, Eric Bischoff expressed his disappointment with TNA World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle’s arrest over the weekend in Virginia on charges of driving under the influence.

“Quite disappointed, for obvious reasons, both on a business level for the company. I’m very disappointed and embarrassed. I’m very disappointed and embarrassed for Kurt,” Bischoff said.

“The fact that he is even in this situation, regardless of whether he was guilty, not guilty, had an excuse, didn’t have an excuse. You just can’t keep putting yourself in situations like this when you’re a pro because you’re jeopardizing not only your own personal life. There are a lot of people in the entire company right now that is dependent on you and betting on you and investing in you. And to put yourself in this position, not once, but twice, or more, is disturbing to me.

“I’m hoping that we find out that it’s not what we read, and it’s not what we think, and that perhaps we’re all jumping to conclusions. But if it’s not the case, then I think Kurt Angle’s got some soul searching to do and TNA’s got some decisions to make. But clearly it’s a very, very unfortunate situation.”

I just love the fact that Kurt Angle now has 2 DWI arrests in 6 months and there's no rumors of even a suspension.

Matt Hardy gets arrested once for DWI and he's released...

Not that the rules not applying to everyone equally is any better in WWE but it just seems so much more blatant than usual with this recent situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back