The CAG Backlog Support Group.

Down to the last two bosses in castlevania cotm, level grinding and getting my exploration to 100% right now

sent from my galaxy s6 edge plus using tapatalk on android

Finished COD 2. Super fun campaign. Really love the documentary clips before each mission. Highly recommend if you're a 1st person shooter fan or just looking for a fun game.

Next is COD: World at War. After that I'll try to finish Limbo (I was stuck at a level and just gave up).

I've finished 2 games already this year. I think that's pretty good for me.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
Hoping that they remaster World at War this year because I never got around to playing it.

I busted out Prototype for the 1st time since 2012. I have no idea how to play anymore. I was goofing around and a trophy popped. I might just finish the game and not bother with all the side quests.

After a couple hours of exploring and level grinding I finally went and beat Hugh and now only have Dracula left for the game to be complete.
Other than that I just have the rooms where you keep grinding with no DSS available and have to play all 17 rooms....whatever that is called

I somehow got 50+ loot boxes and missed only Winston's Legendary Skin for the Winter Event. One item ONE ITEM. Beat Resident Evil 7 Beginning Hours, Nier Demo and Tales of Demo. I am counting the Resident Evil 7 Beginning Hours as a game so my total is at one this year.

Edit: Beat Dead Effect 2 PC

Going to work on my Steam backlog of 200+ games.

Beaten 2

Playing Overwatch

Backlog 1 PS4 1 GOG 200+ Steam

Last edited by a moderator:
13 hours 57 minutes and I just beat Castlevania Circle of the Moon on the GBA.
I know I also had at least 4 more hours from deaths and whatnot.
Happy to put this to rest so I can move on.
Picked up the dual pack of the other two GBA games,to play later in the year.

What to play next ...

I got bored with prototype, so I switched to AC Rogue. I had completed the story when it came out, so I've been doing some trophy cleanup. I still have the last legendary ship mission and need a few more convoys/missions. Should be able to platinum it in the next day or two.

Finished COD 2. Super fun campaign. Really love the documentary clips before each mission. Highly recommend if you're a 1st person shooter fan or just looking for a fun game.

Next is COD: World at War.
Hoping that they remaster World at War this year because I never got around to playing it.
Good game that I highly recommend. World at War was really fun to play. There is a tie-in with one of the characters in the first Black Ops.

I got bored with prototype, so I switched to AC Rogue. I had completed the story when it came out, so I've been doing some trophy cleanup. I still have the last legendary ship mission and need a few more convoys/missions. Should be able to platinum it in the next day or two.
Probably a good move. Prototype becomes annoyingly challenging towards the end. The same company made Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction. It seems that they just went overboard and wanted to dump every idea they could come up with into one game with a so-so story to move it along.

I'm still playing Batman: Arkham Origins and I am thoroughly impressed! The writing and story so far is good, the game play is about what I expect and more, the presentation is better than I assumed it would be. I'm pretty far along and I don't see why this game was getting so much hate. Some of the main complaints people are saying is that it's not as good as the other games and it doesn't do anything new. Well be it that it's an origin story somewhat, I wouldn't expect it to do anything new nor would I expect it to be leaps and bounds better than Asylum or City. I did expect it to tell a good story and so far I'm hooked. I will give more thoughts when I finish the game.

Well, I 100% the main story for rogue. This last naval battle is brutal. I think I've played it 19 times. I came really close to beating it early on, but I have only had 2 other times that I got to the 2nd set of boats spawning. I have to finish it before I can do the cheat code trophies, in case the cheats jack up your save file.

EDIT: I beat it yesterday. I think it is just randomly tough. Now I just have 3/4 cheat enabled trophies to do, then I get the platinum.

EDIT 2: got the platinum! Might start lego batman next. I'm trying to play the old ones before I play the newer ones.

Currently Playing:

Forza Horizon 3

Saints Row 4

Skyrim SE

Rocket League

Uncharted 3

Geometry Wars

Current Backlog:

Started but not finished:

DOOM

Rise of the Tomb Raider 

Ratchet & Clank

Gears of war 4

Not Started:

Until Dawn

Uncharted 4

Talos Principle

I cleared out a ton of my games and even consoles recently and it was very freeing. And it was a nice jump in my bank account. I sold a ton of games I would never get around to / back to

Does playing a game, not liking it and deleting it counts as working on the backlog ? Because, if it does, a put a serious dent on it, despite being hooked to Overwatch and the Gwent Beta. 

Does playing a game, not liking it and deleting it counts as working on the backlog ? Because, if it does, a put a serious dent on it, despite being hooked to Overwatch and the Gwent Beta.
While it does decrease your backlog I find that beating games is more of an achievement. Beat Punch Club on steam was going to get on 3DS but considering I hated it it was a good idea not buying it on two systems. Resident Evil 7 might be terrible and I'm not sure Yakuza 0 will be a good purchase. At least I know I will get Yoshi February but not sure on anything else for a while.

Beaten 3

Playing Overwatch

Backlog 1 PS4 1 GOG 200+ Steam

I overloaded on Black Friday and purchased many 2016 games of the discounts leading up to 2017. I just recently cleared the last game I purchased from 2015. I have a few episodic games and action adventure games that I can clear. Huge sandboxes/open world RPGS are another story.  It took me awhile to beat Witcher 3, Metal Gear Solid 5, and GTA V. Fingers crossed I can slowly chip away at my collection over the coming year!

Started A Link to the past on my wiiU and New Super Mario Bros on my 3ds.
Need to upgrade to a New 3ds so I don't have virtual console restrictions

It actually makes it worse, at least for me. Even though you did not like them for whatever reason there will be something telling you to give the games the benefit of the doubt - essentially tempting you to give it another try. I dumped Dead Rising, Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Dragon Age: Origins...to name a few, only to start these games again. So far I have beaten Dead Rising and Demon's Souls.

Final Fantasy 15 has been dominating my time. 10/10 for me. I think it is incredible. 

Traded in a nice chunk of my backlog (Dishonored 2, BF1, new Tomb Raider PS4) for nice 50% bonus. 

Trying to not buy anything until I flip FF15. (Minus any Fire Emblem games) 

Apparently Lego Batman doesn't have trophies. I'll probably skip it and go with lego batman 2. Trophies have ruined gaming for me. lol

EDIT: I realized I started Jak and Daxter collection a couple years ago and never finished the 1st game. I finished the game and I am currently working on the platinum.

Finished Final Fantasy X on the Vita and started up Spider: Rite of the Shrouded Moon. This weekend I plan on playing Sylvio and then moving on to Tales of Besaria. 

Apparently Lego Batman doesn't have trophies. I'll probably skip it and go with lego batman 2. Trophies have ruined gaming for me. lol

EDIT: I realized I started Jak and Daxter collection a couple years ago and never finished the 1st game. I finished the game and I am currently working on the platinum.
Agreed. I always think that I could play a game without trophies, but why would I?

I platinumed Jak and Daxter. I started Jak 2 and I am being careful what orbs I pick up. One of the trophy websites has a checklist and I saved it in pant and I update it for each area, just so it is easier to find what I am missing (there is no in gametracker like in the 1st game)

Beat Resident Evil 7. I dislike it somewhat. I shall wait for the complete edition to replay it. Bosses are either annoying or good and enemies are difficult at first but after time are just easy. Giving up on my Steam backlog.

Beaten 4

Playing Overwatch, RE7, Rocketbirds 2

Backlog 1 PS4

I just can't wait for the new Mass Effect. Reading Codex, exploring new planets. Such a great game. 

I don't care about the romance stuff, and I thought ME3 was amazing. Hell of a ride. Two is my favorite. 

Until then, FF15. Although, this Nioh or Noih game seems really cool. Keeping me eye on that. 

Playing through New Super Mario Bros DS for something quick easy and casual.
Loving the game overall but damn that difficulty spike in world 8.
I'll register this as complete once I beat world 8 but I can see this being something I slowly chip away at getting 100% completion going back to get all the coins and whatnot.

Also started putting hours into Persona 4 Golden again. I'm about 15 hours in but last I touched it was 2 years ago rescuing the first student in the TV.
The time in between rescuing that person and the next person to appear on the midnight channel is pretty boring. Maybe just because I haven't touched it in 2 years.

Beat Arkham Origins and loved it! Definitely worthy of the series entry. Now I'm playing the Cold, Cold, Heart DLC. So far so good. I'm intrigued to see where this goes.

Beat Resident Evil 7. I dislike it somewhat. I shall wait for the complete edition to replay it. Bosses are either annoying or good and enemies are difficult at first but after time are just easy. Giving up on my Steam backlog.

Beaten 4

Playing Overwatch, RE7, Rocketbirds 2

Backlog 1 PS4
I like how you are keeping track in the post. I'm going to post that way if you don't mind.

Beaten: 1

Playing: Arkham Origins Cold, Cold, Heart DLC

Backlog: 218

That was just one game for the month. Seriously, at this rate something's gotta give - it will take me years to finish. I think I need to re-evaluate my backlog. I know we've been through this so much already, hell I have even given advice on how to tackle the backlog but what can I say, life happens, CAG happens, and the plan falls apart and the backlog grows. Any one have any advice?

Beat Arkham Origins and loved it! Definitely worthy of the series entry. Now I'm playing the Cold, Cold, Heart DLC. So far so good. I'm intrigued to see where this goes.

I like how you are keeping track in the post. I'm going to post that way if you don't mind.

Beaten: 1
Playing: Arkham Origins Cold, Cold, Heart DLC
Backlog: 218

That was just one game for the month. Seriously, at this rate something's gotta give - it will take me years to finish. I think I need to re-evaluate my backlog. I know we've been through this so much already, hell I have even given advice on how to tackle the backlog but what can I say, life happens, CAG happens, and the plan falls apart and the backlog grows. Any one have any advice?
My advice is don't worry too much about it.
We game because we love gaming.
This month I beat one game, working on a second but I have probably added more than that.
My backlog is huge, unorganized and will never be completed.
In addition to my backlog I keep adding new games from current gen.... it is a losing battle.

Just keep playing, keep having fun and maybe organize your backlog into categories.
Will play this year.
Want to play
Meh
Not interested in playing.

Etc

I started going through my Vita purchases and downloaded a few games. Finished Azkend 2 and Actual Sunlight. Both were pretty short and fun. 2 games down, ∞ to go. 

Agreed times change I use to easily do 20ish games a year now I only do 40ish because the indie games are so short 2-6 hours long. I am even putting less time in playing games now. I also sold most of my retro games to make room for new. You should dump your backlog while you can.

Beaten 4

Playing Overwatch PC

Backlog 1 PS4 Final Fantasy XV waiting for DLC

I started going through my Vita purchases and downloaded a few games. Finished Azkend 2 and Actual Sunlight. Both were pretty short and fun. 2 games down, ∞ to go.
I liked Actual Sunlight. I'm glad that I got to play it because of PS+ IGC.

I'm also back to the Vita with Code: Realize for something less time-consuming. I recently finished/platinumed Fallout 4 (no DLC) and Dishonored: Definitive Edition on PS4 and the hoarding of armor, weapons, and building materials in the former and stealthing in the latter wiped me out.

P.S. First post in here. Hello!

I'm also back to the Vita with Code: Realize for something less time-consuming. I recently finished/platinumed Fallout 4 (no DLC) and Dishonored: Definitive Edition on PS4 and the hoarding of armor, weapons, and building materials in the former and stealthing in the latter wiped me out.

Welcome to the club.
We exist to help prevent backlog depression

Welcome!

Just finished Gunman Clive 2.
Both of the games in this series were good. This one took me 2.5 hours or so to beat.
I need more quick games to sandwich in between the big RPGS I keep playing

Just finished Gunman Clive 2.
Both of the games in this series were good. This one took me 2.5 hours or so to beat.
I need more quick games to sandwich in between the big RPGS I keep playing

Try Suda 51's Short Peace - just picked it up to go through (have a crazy backlog ... oy). That game takes 1-2 hours to beat/watch.

So after working on my backlog (As in playing shitty games, then dropping them and marking them as completed) I decided it was time to try an actually good game. Started The Master Chief Collection ( I had never played a single Halo game before), and call me a heretic if you will (pun intended) but I couldn't play it for too long, if it weren't for the engaging story and it's character, I wouldn't have gotten past the first mission. 

Unable to tolerate the gameplay while intrigued by plot, I dropped the game and went to Youtube to find out what happened in the first game, so I could give the second game a try. Same thing as before, except this time, I fell even more in love with the story. To Youtube I went, rinse and repeat. Went to the third, and we all know what happened. Long story short, I'm about to give Halo 4 a try, hoping that it goes differently. 

In the end, I don't know if it is just me and my high demand for heavy character progression and customization that didn't let me enjoy it, or if the games haven't aged that well. Regardless, the story has given me the chills several times, so much that I wish I had played those games back then. 

So after working on my backlog (As in playing shitty games, then dropping them and marking them as completed) I decided it was time to try an actually good game. Started The Master Chief Collection ( I had never played a single Halo game before), and call me a heretic if you will (pun intended) but I couldn't play it for too long, if it weren't for the engaging story and it's character, I wouldn't have gotten past the first mission.

Unable to tolerate the gameplay while intrigued by plot, I dropped the game and went to Youtube to find out what happened in the first game, so I could give the second game a try. Same thing as before, except this time, I fell even more in love with the story. To Youtube I went, rinse and repeat. Went to the third, and we all know what happened. Long story short, I'm about to give Halo 4 a try, hoping that it goes differently.

In the end, I don't know if it is just me and my high demand for heavy character progression and customization that didn't let me enjoy it, or if the games haven't aged that well. Regardless, the story has given me the chills several times, so much that I wish I had played those games back then.
I did the same thing with the Halo series. I would start the campaign and jump right over to multiplayer. I don't think I've ever completed a Halo campaign.

How do you guys decide which game to play next? And, how big a backlog do you guys have?
I try to play what is oldest. If I have a 10 year old game chances are everything "new" that is in it is in most games today.

I only count PS3 as my backlog; so basically the ps3 library minus sports games, non trophy games, and some licensed stuff I am not into like harry potter.

I promised myself that I wouldn't buy anymore games and just play FF 15 until I destroy it. Then, and only then, would I grab the new Mass Effect game.

But I'm on Chapter 13 in FF15 right now. It is so boring. Playing that part is like doing the most tedious task at your job; you just want to plow through it and do something else. 

Any who. 

Given the rave reviews of Nioh, and given that I am a huge Souls fan, I broke down and pre ordered that game. I read Jim Sterling's review and that pretty much sold me. 

So, FF15, then Nioh, then new ME. No more games in between, except the new Fire Emblem coming out for the 3DS. 

And The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for the Wii U. (Or Switch ... oh yea, I'm also getting a Switch, but I'm on the fence). 

That said, I'm doing JUST FINE with my "no more games until I destroy FF15" challenge. 

Just fine ... 

How do you guys decide which game to play next? And, how big a backlog do you guys have?
Between my digital games for PS4 and PS Vita I have roughly 120. Physical games I probably have around 30? I haven't added up my PlayStation 3 games yet.

Also, I wrote a long explanation about how I handle my games way back but essentially this is how I'd like to prioritize my games:

1. New games that I purchase for full retail or almost close to full retail
2. Games I've started but haven't finished
3. Games that I've had for quite some time that are collecting dust
4. Games that have been on my radar that I've picked up for a good deal
5. Free games from PS+ / Games for Gold

Beat halo 1 couch co-op with a buddy and then did it in the hardest difficulty.

We played about half of halo 2 before getting bored.
I have never gone back to halo since.

bread's done
Back