The CAG List of the Best Games on Nintendo DS! Nominate games for July voting!!

Okay, the following games have been nominated and are available to be voted on:

Big Bang Mini
Metal Slug
Peggle: Dual Shot
GTA: Chinatown Wars
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
GTA: Chinatown Wars
Ninjatown
Henry Hatsworth
Robocalypse

Games nominated later will be included for July voting.

I'll nominate Sonic Rush Adventure for platforming. I got it at the Gamestop sale, and it's just as good as the 1st game so far. The boat sequences are fun (but easy and feel way ripped off from Phantom Hourglass) but the level design and boss fights are excellent.

Also, what happened to Chrono Trigger? It was mentioned and voted on but kind of disappeared.

[quote name='johnnypark']I'll nominate Sonic Rush Adventure for platforming. I got it at the Gamestop sale, and it's just as good as the 1st game so far. The boat sequences are fun (but easy and feel way ripped off from Phantom Hourglass) but the level design and boss fights are excellent.

Also, what happened to Chrono Trigger? It was mentioned and voted on but kind of disappeared.[/quote]hm chrono trigger got voted on, but somehow never made it to the list. fixed!

banpeikun,

I wanted to pop in here to say that I love Soul Bubbles, but I think that a better category for it would be the "Most Creative/Fun/Intuitive use of Stylus/DS". The developers (Mekensleep) did an awesome job of utilizing the DS hardware in a truly unique way.

If possible, I would also like to nominate Retro Game Challenge. More people need to be playing this!

I'll reiterate my post from last month. Retro Game Challenge is fantastic and needs to be played by more DS owners. I'll nominate it for July voting.

I'll give my vote to Retro Gaming Challenge. Game is helluva good time.

I'll also lend my support to Henry Hatsworth and GTA Chinatown Wars. Hatsworth is one of the best games on the DS, and easily handheld game of 2009 so far.

GTA has it's flaws but at the same time might be my favorite GTA game. It completely deserves to be on the list!

I started playing Retro Game Challenge. What are the games you liked on it? I like the Galaga-type game and just got Guardia Legend, which I think I'd like (looks like Dragon Warrior). Wasn't a big fan of Haggle Man (or HM2).

get ready to vote on sonic rush adventure, retro game challenge, dragon quest v, and any other game you would like to nominate! voting opens in just a few days!

GTA and Retro Gamer Challenge are must haves IMO

Also, how did Book Of Ys I & II never get nominated? Its a great bang for the buck buy for two kick ass games. Of course its now OOP but you can still track down a copy

Thanks everyone! Here's an updated list of July games and votes. I think it's safe to say some of these will be going on the list.

We need input on the following games:

GTA: Chinatown Wars, nominated by johnnypark
Votes for: bmachine, homerun17, fart_bubble, foo228, rothgar24

Retro Games Challenge, nominated by neschamp
Votes for: foltzie, fart_bubble, mickeyp

Dragon Quest V, nominated by Alastor
Votes for: cochesecochese, detectiveconan16, rothgar24

Sonic Rush Adventure, nominated by johnnypark
Votes for:

Henry Hatsworth, nominated by johnnypark
Votes for: bmachine, mickeyp

Peggle DS, nominated by bmachine
Votes for: foo228, rothgar24

Lunar Knights, nominated by depascal22
Votes for:

Book of Ys I and II, nominated by fart_bubble
Votes for:

Okay, following July voting, the games below have been added to the categories shown beside them. If there is a category better fitted for any one please let me know.

GTA: Chinatown Wars (action)
Dragon Quest V (RPG)
Retro Games Challenge (misc)
Henry Hatsworth (puzzle)
Peggle DS (puzzle)

Additionally, I moved Rocket Slime from RPG to Adventure, since it's more a Zelda-like.

I just bought Treasure world ( seems interesting if u like to collect)and Broken sword, and Lock's quest.

Docomodake Boing! is so much fun.

I nominate Docomodake boing! ,-puzzle
Broken sword, Time hollow, --both of these point and click adventure
and rhythm heaven--rhythm/puzzle

not sure about these genre categories correct me if I am wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
Viva Pinata Pocket Paradise should definitely be on the list.

Much like Animal Crossing Wild World, this game is some of of drug -- very hard to put down, very engaging, with high production values and near unlimited playability.

If it's still up for votes, I'll give one to Legacy of Ys as long as it goes in the love it/hate it category. It was fun, but they don't even try to hide its' old-school roots and could be unnerving to a lot of people. I myself am rather fond of old-school RPGs, so I really enjoyed it. Epic soundtrack, too.

bread's done
Back