The CAG List of the Best Games on Nintendo DS! Nominate games for July voting!!

[quote name='StinkyCheese']Absolutely loved Hotel Dusk. i'm a little late, but if you havent palyed it yet, go do it.

Tell 'em stinky sent you :cool:[/quote]

Alright.
I just picked up one of the Hotel Dusk from Amazon for $20 and I am excited to try it out.

So how is Touch Detective? (and 2 1/2) I'm kinda wanting to play some detective like games.. :cool:. I'm getting MCF: Millionheir next week..and I'm waiting on a good price for Professor Layton..

Hmm... Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker is 16.99 on Amazon and no tax in CA. I think I'll pick it up since it's a 'best ds games' thread recommendation.

edit: I need to get to 25 for free shipping though.

[quote name='lilboo']So how is Touch Detective? (and 2 1/2) I'm kinda wanting to play some detective like games.. :cool:. I'm getting MCF: Millionheir next week..and I'm waiting on a good price for Professor Layton..[/quote]

I heard the first one was slow but the other one was good.. or is that the other way around...:bouncy:

[quote name='crystalklear64']Buy 2 Get 1 Free for all games @ Toys R Us going on right now. Good for those looking to grab a couple games.[/quote]good point. ONE DAY LEFT ONLY!!

BTW, I have put in numerous hours on Age of Empire: Age of Kings, and while I still love it, it is FULL of bugs as many have complained.

There are a couple of levels in the Japanese story that come almost to a standstill if u play outside of the way the AI expects you to--at one point, I could not longer save, and the whole thing froze. I have experienced a couple of freezes in another scenario as well.

And, apparently there is a fatal flaw if your user name is 3 letters or less, that causes your save file to be deleted. Isn't that fun?

Let's all hope Age of Empires: Mythologies(sp?) this winter is more stable.

I think that fatal flaw actually causes your entire cart to be bricked until you can get the save filed deleted (with a homebrew app or something)

[quote name='banpeikun']I think that fatal flaw actually causes your entire cart to be bricked until you can get the save filed deleted (with a homebrew app or something)[/QUOTE]

The 3 character file name bug? That I don't know.

But the story mode freeze? No, that does not cause a cartridge brick. Just turn off and turn back on and load the last save file and keep playing -- though eventually I just went back and started the level over with a diff strategy and everything worked out fine.

I have to nominate Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ. It's not like ZOMG BEST GAME EVAR!..However, it's cheesy BUT so bad ass at the same time!! The gameplay is fun, and it def has good use of the touch screen.

Plus, it's $20.

So please cast my vote for this game. Thank you :cool:

I noticed Lunar Knights only has one vote and thus is not on the list, which is a shame. I give my vote to Lunar Knights. It's such a solid action/adventure game for the DS.

[quote name='carpwrist']1 vote for Soul Bubbles, the only thing wrong with the game is that its a Toys R Us exclusive.[/quote]

I also vote for soul bubbles

[quote name='mickeyp']I also vote for soul bubbles[/quote]

I'm pretty sure I already endorsed Soul Bubbles but, if not, I'm here to do it again. Should easily be my NDS GOTY.

I've been playing a lot of Disgaea DS... I'm normally not a SRPG fan but this is by far the best one I've ever played. How has it not been listed yet?

Commando Steel Disaster dropped to $14.99 New at GS. Good little Metal Slug clone if you don't have the $30 to put on Metal Slug 7 that just came out.

Also, I nominate Metal Slug 7 for the list. Awesome, awesome game.

okay, added soul bubbles under platformer. is that the best genre/category for it?

also, the following are available for voting:
Megal Slug 7
Disgaea DS
Dementium
Lunar Knights

I can vouch for the greatness that is Dementium, and Disgaea DS. Also, I noticed N+ wasn't anywhere to be seen on the list. It's quite possibly the best portable version of the game.

[quote name='Z_meista']anybody thought of Chrono Trigger?[/quote]

Haven't played it yet but there's no doubt in my mind it belongs on the list.

[quote name='banpeikun']okay, added soul bubbles under platformer. is that the best genre/category for it?[/quote]

Mostly accurate, yeah.

[quote name='SL4IN']I can vouch for the greatness that is Dementium...[/quote]

I was really disappointed in Dementium. I think Metroid Prime Hunters is the only NDS FPS that's worth a damn.

[quote name='Z_meista']Ninjatown.[/quote]

Tons of fun. Seconded.

[quote name='lilboo']I have to nominate Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ. It's not like ZOMG BEST GAME EVAR!..However, it's cheesy BUT so bad ass at the same time!! The gameplay is fun, and it def has good use of the touch screen.

Plus, it's $20.

So please cast my vote for this game. Thank you :cool:[/QUOTE]

I'm going to throw my vote in for this as well.

Yeah, activity is way down on the thread (and the DS forum in general) over the past year. The down economy reaches even here!!1

I was thinking of accepting nominations for games over a one- or two-month duration and having a one-week voting period. That way it helps consolidate the activity and get people to vote.

Small change to the rules in the OP. We will consolidate voting into periods every three months. Everything nominated since 1/15/2009 will be included for April voting! Vote from April 1-15. Mark it on your calendars!!!

Is this the first post of the voting period?
While I'm slightly confused I nominate GTA: Chinatown Wars and Ninjatown.

Henry Hatsworth and the Puzzling Adventure, based solely on the fact that my girlfriend has played it during every free moment for the last 2 weeks.

bread's done
Back