The CAG List of the Best Games on Nintendo DS! Nominate games for July voting!!

I nominate:
- Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story under Action/Adventure/RPG
- Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box under Adventure/Puzzle

keep the nominations coming! voting in just a couple of weeks! to nominators, please pick a genre for the game you're nominating. that will help me if the game makes it to the list. thanks!

to johnny: you can renominate legacy of Y's to love/hate if you like.

How are Phoenix Wright 2 and 3 only on the 'not garnered enough votes' list? An outrage I say. I vote for them now!

October voting is here! We have the following nominated games this time:

Docomodake Boing!, nominated by mickeyp
Broken Sword, nominated by mickeyp
Time Hollow, nominated by mickeyp
Rhythm Heaven, nominated by mickeyp
Scribblenauts, nominated by mickeyp
Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Endless Frontier, nominated by fart_bubble
Devil Survivor and Knights in the Nightmare, nominated by botticus
Viva Pinata Pocket Paradise, nominated by donssword
Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, nominated by Alastor
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, nominated by Alastor
Legacy of Ys, nominated by johnnypark
Phoenix Wright 2, nominated by KingBroly
Phoenix Wright 3, nominated by KingBroly

I vote for these:
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Phoenix Wright 2
Phoenix Wright 3
P.S. do I vote for the ones I nominated?

[quote name='banpeikun']
Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, nominated by Alastor
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, nominated by Alastor
Legacy of Ys, nominated by johnnypark
Phoenix Wright 2, nominated by KingBroly
Phoenix Wright 3, nominated by KingBroly[/QUOTE]

Votes for these games.

Welcome to our October inclusions: Professor Layton 2, Legacy of Ys, Phoenix Wright 2, and Phoenix Wright 3.

I'm a little disappointed by the lack of inclusion of a few others, but hopefully they will another chance in the future.

that reminds me, Dawn Of Discovery. It's the newest entry in the Anno series. I have to admit that if you could get by with 1701 but if you've already devoured that, its a must play

We can re-nominate some games that didn't get enough votes, right?

If so, putting back up for consideration Knights in the Nightmare (I have a feeling no one else played this :p) and Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. No way that one should not be on the list.

Also nominating the very worthy Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes.

January voting is upon us! Happy new year everyone. The following games are nominated for January voting:

Dawn Of Discovery, nominated by fart_bubble
Knights in the Nightmare, nominated by botticus
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, nominated by botticus
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes, nominated by botticus
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, nominated by bmachine
Docomodake Boing!, nominated by mickeyp
Broken Sword, nominated by mickeyp
Time Hollow, nominated by mickeyp
Scribblenauts, nominated by mickeyp

personally i dont see what people are ranting about this game, i dont think its the best game on the ds system hell i dont even see what ground this game breaks. its just another zelda game

be nice if zelda went to a PURE rpg game with Hp not the stupid hearts hell if you get killed 20 times in one dungon in a normal rpg game at least your gaining hps with zelda your gaining nothing but a headache.

the last zelda game i loved was LINK to the past for the snes .

I am right there with you on this. Every zelda game is the same now and the last one that had any actual challenge or enjoyability was Link to the Past (SNES) Since then they keep pushing to more of having the right items to move on in the game. I miss the big world that was nearly fully explorable in the beginning of The original Zelda and the SNES Zelda.

I too long for the day that Zelda goes to HP and can actually level up and get stronger instead of fighting a boss or going through a hard dungeon over and over until you figure out all of the perfect ways of doing everything so that it is easy.

I nominate 1-Jake Hunter Detective Story: Memories of the Past ,
2-Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
3- Bookworm
4- Warioware D.I.Y.

Last edited by a moderator:
well there weren't any games nominated for april, so we're waiting on july now. i do need to update the title though.

all better now :)

I nominate 1-Jake Hunter Detective Story: Memories of the Past ,
3- Bookworm
4- Warioware D.I.Y
5-Picross 3D

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I don't even own a DS (yet), but I'm very surprised to see, or should I say, NOT see, Scribblenauts on this list. When I finally buy a DS, this will probably be one of the very first, if not THE first, game I buy.

Has this game not lived up to the hype I heard? It sounded really cool and original.

Also, since I'm here, is the DSi worth the extra money, or should I just get a DS lite?

[quote name='teknikalei']Ok, I don't even own a DS (yet), but I'm very surprised to see, or should I say, NOT see, Scribblenauts on this list.[/QUOTE]

Scribblenauts deserves a lot of credit for being one of the most creative and unique games on the DS...unfortunately, the controls are completely broken and it makes the game nearly impossible to enjoy.

Everything I've heard about the upcoming sequel has led me to believe that all of the things that made the first game obnoxious and frustrating have been resolved.

[quote name='adriley313']I vote for Dragon Quest IX Sentials of the Starry Skies.
This game is awesome.[/QUOT I just got it, will try it soon.

I nominate
1-Jake Hunter Detective Story: Memories of the Past
3- Bookworm
4- Warioware D.I.Y
5-Picross 3D
I am voting on Dragon Quest IX Sentials of the Starry Skies

So are the ones not in red ones that aren't on the list or what? I'm somewhat confused.

In any case, I am voting for Dragon Quest IX

I am also going to nominate Ace Attorney Investigations Miles Edgeworth

I'm also going to add a vote for Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, which is on the list of games that didn't garner enough votes to make the list.

These should always be somewhere on the list.

Action:
GTA: Chinatown Wars

Sports/Racing:
Tecmo Bowl Kickoff
Tony Hawk: American Sk8land

Platformer:
Mega Man Zero Collection

RPG:
Pokemon Soul Silver/Heart Gold
Final Fantasy: Echoes in Time

bread's done
Back