The "Can't we all just get along?" OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Liquid 2']Oh, it's been leaked?

I've avoided the Halo 3 thread after zoo said someone spoiled the ending, so I'm behind on the news.[/quote]

Yeah, this copy was up at about 3pm PST today.

One of my friends had it two days ago, though...wasn't playing it on Live just to make sure he wasn't "spotted".

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Hello?[/quote]

We're sorry, noone's home. Leave a message at the sound of the...

*click*

:whistle2:#

I am Dallow.

SNES won't work on my cousin's HDTV. Using composite too.

Screen is glitchy and frames are missing.

We were trying to play Sim Ant. :(

Morning OTT. Nothing like working at 6 AM, as well as trying to do homework at the same time that's due at 10 (when my shift ends).

Today's Jena Six day and my mom's *forcing* me to wear all black. I don't even really feel strongly about the situation. If I go up to that school and none of those people are wearing black I'm gonna be pissed.

Morning OTT. So dcfox is a cute black girl?! My foundations are crumbling. Also, if that GH3 track list that Chika posted is true, I'm gonna buy it just for this one song .. Slipknot- Before I Forget .. and the Tom Morello boss battle of course.

So last night I won a copy of The Office Season 3! That's really good since I had only seen a handful of episodes of that season.

[quote name='munch']So last night I won a copy of The Office Season 3! That's really good since I had only seen a handful of episodes of that season.[/quote]

I thought the office only ran for 2 seasons?

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I thought the office only ran for 2 seasons?[/QUOTE]

Maybe the British one, but the American one is still on television and the fourth season starts soon.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Maybe the British one, but the American one is still on television and the fourth season starts soon.[/quote]

Oh yeah...I forgot they made an American version of that show...pffft.

[quote name='Maklershed']Strell is amish?! This is all too much.[/quote]

I hear those Amish can't spell:

Picture1.png

Season 3 of the Office is not as solidly good as Season 2 (which every episode was at least good). Especially the first 6 or so episodes (with the two split offices). However, a few of the episodes are absolutely comedic gold, and are funnier than anything in Season 2.

[quote name='lordwow']Season 3 of the Office is not as solidly good as Season 2 (which every episode was at least good). Especially the first 6 or so episodes (with the two split offices). However, a few of the episodes are absolutely comedic gold, and are funnier than anything in Season 2.[/quote]

Really? Because to me, the American version just seems like a bad imatation of the superior British version. But that's just me being snobby. :D

The American version is now better than the British one, IMO. The American version is able to flesh out side characters more and focus on the relationship between Jim and Pam. David Brent is a lot more awkward than Michael Scott, but I feel more sympathy for Michael than David (which is a key part to the show, IMO). So, I like the US version more.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Really? Because to me, the American version just seems like a bad imatation of the superior British version. But that's just me being snobby. :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Maybe try the PS1 version?[/quote]

Load times were horrendous... though it was the most playable out of anything on the FF:Anthology or FF:Chronicles collections, since the battles aren't random.

[quote name='munch']The American version is now better than the British one, IMO. The American version is able to flesh out side characters more and focus on the relationship between Jim and Pam. David Brent is a lot more awkward than Michael Scott, but I feel more sympathy for Michael than David (which is a key part to the show, IMO). So, I like the US version more.[/quote]

Fair enough.

[quote name='munch']The American version is now better than the British one, IMO. The American version is able to flesh out side characters more and focus on the relationship between Jim and Pam. David Brent is a lot more awkward than Michael Scott, but I feel more sympathy for Michael than David (which is a key part to the show, IMO). So, I like the US version more.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, David was a jerk basically, but that setup was needed given how that storyline progressed. Michael is someone who is just a bit out of touch with social norms, so to speak, and that's what makes watching him so painful, he's a good guy, he just doesn't have a clue.

Ship date
Sep 19, 2007
Estimated delivery
Sep 20, 2007 by 10:30 AM
Thats what it says for my Halo 3 copy.

Got a tracking number and everything.

Yeah, but a boss shouldn't be a nice guy. Is the boss in Dilbert a nice guy? No, he's a self-fulfilling ass who only cares about himself. You shouldn't like the boss, otherwise, who is the villain? You can't root for anyone unless you have somebody to root against.

[quote name='TFN']Ship date
Sep 19, 2007
Estimated delivery
Sep 20, 2007 by 10:30 AM
Thats what it says for my Halo 3 copy.

Got a tracking number and everything.[/quote]
Newegg?

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Yeah, but a boss shouldn't be a nice guy. Is the boss in Dilbert a nice guy? No, he's a self-fulfilling ass who only cares about himself. You shouldn't like the boss, otherwise, who is the villain? You can't root for anyone unless you have somebody to root against.[/QUOTE]

Why does there need to be a villian?

Are the sort of person who says all poetry has to rhyme?

Even the Dilbert boss isn't really a villian. He's a total dumbass, typical of American middle management personnel. He doesn't do the right thing and is acting according to what his superiors want. But that doesn't make him a villian.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Newegg?[/quote]

Yeah, if I dont receive it I'm just gonna call and cancel seeing as how I paid for overnight shipping and it listed ''In Stock Now'' which means for everybody that its ready to ship.. otherwise it'd have a pre-order thing, or coming soon thing.

[quote name='Strell']....

Even the Dilbert boss isn't really a villian. He's a total dumbass, typical of American middle management personnel. He doesn't do the right thing and is acting according to what his superiors want. But that doesn't make him a villian.[/quote]
Catbert on the other hand is pretty evil. I guess maybe he can be the villain.

[quote name='TFN']Yeah, if I dont receive it I'm just gonna call and cancel seeing as how I paid for overnight shipping and it listed ''In Stock Now'' which means for everybody that its ready to ship.. otherwise it'd have a pre-order thing, or coming soon thing.[/QUOTE]

So if you don't get it 5 days before the release date you are going to call and cancel?

Dogbert is pretty evil too. Or, at the least, highly manipulative.

If the American Office was set up in such cut and dry standards, I probably wouldn't like it as much. That's the beauty of the show - everyone is completely multidimensional (save for maybe Kelly, but even she gets a good line here and there).

You feel bad for Carrel just as much as you know he deserves a good portion of the crap he gets into. He's like Goerge Costanza but way more worried about people liking him. It makes him neurotic, but makes him far more real than most characters on tv.

Even the Dilbert boss isn't really a villian. He's a total dumbass, typical of American middle management personnel. He doesn't do the right thing and is acting according to what his superiors want. But that doesn't make him a villian.[/quote]

Ok, maybe not a villain, but you know, somebody to dislike. Somebody to be the antagonist. It gets to be a bit boring if you like everyone on a show.

And yes, poety MUST RHYME!

But seriously, it all boils down to personal taste.

[quote name='TFN']Yeah, if I dont receive it I'm just gonna call and cancel seeing as how I paid for overnight shipping and it listed ''In Stock Now'' which means for everybody that its ready to ship.. otherwise it'd have a pre-order thing, or coming soon thing.[/quote]

Yeah, I thought about going with Newegg, but went with the Best Buy deal where you get MS points for $5. I'm in no hurry to play Halo, so I can wait.

Even the Dilbert boss isn't really a villian. He's a total dumbass, typical of American middle management personnel. He doesn't do the right thing and is acting according to what his superiors want. But that doesn't make him a villian.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I think Michael is a very realistic boss. He's more concerned about being liked than being respected, and it allows people to walk all over him. At the same time, he's an amazing salesman, something we never saw out of David Brent. It makes sense why he was promoted, but unfortunately he's someone who got promoted out of what he was good at, because he was such a good salesman and people person, and sadly it looks like he was the best person for the job at the time.

Michael ultimately is everything that is wrong with Dunder Mifflin, and it's only been compounded by the recent promotion that the business itself + the business decisions they make are what will eventually be their downfall.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Ok, maybe not a villain, but you know, somebody to dislike. Somebody to be the antagonist. It gets to be a bit boring if you like everyone on a show.
[/QUOTE]

But you don't like everyone on the show all the time. It's not even that happy of a show if you want to think of it that way.

You like Micheal when he shows himself being honorable and smart at his job, and when he succeeds in social situations. But he's an insensitive dick.

You like Jim because he's the everyman. But you recognize he's unhappy and sometimes deserves it because he can't be honest with himself and with those around him.

You like Dwight because he's odd. But you don't like him because he's annoying and is always willing to stab you in the back.

That's multidimensionality. This is why most other sitcoms are retarded - everyone has these set little "jobs" to fulfill. There's the funny the neighbor, the annoying mother-in-law, etc...all these stupid stereotypes.

I mean if you want cut and dry nonsense, go see the latest action movie. I'm sure you'll find good versus bad in the form of a glorious American hero and an asshole foreigner.

[quote name='wubb']So if you don't get it 5 days before the release date you are going to call and cancel?[/quote]

If I paid for overnight shipping and was told it was shipping out yesterday, to be received today and its not in my hands, yes. I can pick it up in stores. It was just a shot to get an actual copy and not a pirated one.

[quote name='fart_bubble']hey TFN, when did you send out that money order?[/quote]
#-o

[quote name='Strell']But you don't like everyone on the show all the time. It's not even that happy of a show if you want to think of it that way.

You like Micheal when he shows himself being honorable and smart at his job, and when he succeeds in social situations. But he's an insensitive dick.

You like Jim because he's the everyman. But you recognize he's unhappy and sometimes deserves it because he can't be honest with himself and with those around him.

You like Dwight because he's odd. But you don't like him because he's annoying and is always willing to stab you in the back.

That's multidimensionality. This is why most other sitcoms are retarded - everyone has these set little "jobs" to fulfill. There's the funny the neighbor, the annoying mother-in-law, etc...all these stupid stereotypes.

I mean if you want cut and dry nonsense, go see the latest action movie. I'm sure you'll find good versus bad in the form of a glorious American hero and an asshole foreigner.[/quote]

Hmmm...good point, I can admit when i'm wrong, I think I just didn't expalin myself correctly. I just don't like it when everyone on a show is "bascially good at heart."

[quote name='TFN']Yeah, if I dont receive it I'm just gonna call and cancel seeing as how I paid for overnight shipping and it listed ''In Stock Now'' which means for everybody that its ready to ship.. otherwise it'd have a pre-order thing, or coming soon thing.[/QUOTE]
If I tried ordering one, would it still work, or are they ignoring the street date?

[quote name='TFN']I dont know motherfucker, I just don't know.[/QUOTE]
Do you think you'll really get it tomorrow today?

Does the new season of The Office start tonight? And to add my two cents about that show .. before it came out I didnt have high hopes for it. I expected it to be a cheap/trashy knock off the British version (which at the time I loved and thought was brilliant). The first season proved to me that it wasnt going to be a knock off BUT it wasnt very good either .. with the exception of Dwight I found it to be somewhat boring and I thought the Micheal Scott character was WAY too over the top. But my opinion completely changed in season 2. From season 2 on Micheal has fleshed out as a great and very believable character and the show is hilarious and sometimes touching. And I gotta say, its the only show where a romantic interest between two characters (Jim and Pam obviously) has been holding my interest.

I'ma call newegg when they open and see what the deal is. On their website.. the legendary edition/collectors editions list as being delivered on the 25th, the regular edition doesn't. It says to be delivered by 10:30am too, but Fed-Ex hasnt received shit.

[quote name='fart_bubble']shit, I was hoping I would have it this weekend. I owe the record shop money that I don't have[/quote]

I'ma send it out to you today, scouts honor.

[quote name='Temporaryscars'] I just don't like it when everyone on a show is "bascially good at heart."[/QUOTE]

Again, it's meant to be realistic the majority of the time.

Walk into any office in America and it's pretty obvious this is an accurate - if stylistically extreme - slice of life.

If you want something more skewed to fantasy - with easily delegated roles - you'll have to look elsewhere. That's all I'm saying.

Also, you Halo 3 getting-it-early mufuckaz are spoiled. A few days ago you were fine with waiting until the 25th, and now you are super concerned with not getting it before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back