The Christmas Creature Wrestling Thread

TNA has acquired a lot of high profile talent from WWE and they've done nothing to improve ratings, PPV buyrates, or make the company profitable. It's more about TNA's systemic problems than the talent either company has. From the standpoint of a pro wrestling promotion, I think TNA has a vastly better talent roster on the whole, hands down. But WWE knows what we know: they won't change the way they produce a superlatively shitty product.

Low Ki returning to TNA won't change their ratings. TNA presenting a product that respects itself and respects the viewer will improve the promotion, independent of Low Ki being added or not. I think Low Ki is a phenomenal wrestler and I always enjoy his matches. But WWE doesn't want headaches, they want company men (even if the history of pro wrestling explosions into pop culture are dominated by men - Hogan, Flair, Austin, HBK - who were pains in the ass in the locker room and promotion).

I think that Cena jumping ship to TNA would be the only way they get an instant ratings boost.. unless it's someone like the Undertaker. Unfortunately, I don't see those two ever betraying Vince. I think it would be surreal to see someone like Cena or Undertaker in TNA.

[quote name='PhrostByte']I think that Cena jumping ship to TNA would be the only way they get an instant ratings boost.. unless it's someone like the Undertaker. Unfortunately, I don't see those two ever betraying Vince. I think it would be surreal to see someone like Cena or Undertaker in TNA.[/QUOTE]

If Jeff Hardy, who was basically #2 face and #2 merchandise mover in the WWE, can't move TNA's ratings...nobody can.

I'm pretty sure Cena and Undertaker could jump at the same time and Impact would still pull a 1-1.2

I don't know.. to me it seems like Cena is a much bigger name than Jeff Hardy. Of course I'm saying that it would result in a quick ratings spike.. but as far as sustaining the ratings, I doubt that. TNA definitely needs to make improvements to the foundation of their product.. they need to completely change the way they approach the presentation to the viewer. We all know that the roster is incredible, and any booker would kill for it.. their problem is clearly a misunderstanding of what their demographic is looking for.

TNA would quickly kill any momentum built on getting Cena. Hell I wouldn't doubt that we'd get ten times more stupid childish "JBL is poopy" and "Vickie is fat" promos out of Cena if he were to jump to TNA.

If TNA pulled Cena it wouldn't matter Hogan would prolly make him job to Jarrett or Hardy so that he would "learn his place," or some bull.

[quote name='Brak']Hogan doesn't book anything, though.[/QUOTE]

Really? I thought he and Bischoff were hired to be the big guns and main bookers of TNA when they took over in Jan.

[quote name='cdubb1605']Really? I thought he and Bischoff were hired to be the big guns and main bookers of TNA when they took over in Jan.[/QUOTE]
On-screen, yeah.

Makes me wonder if I would have the same thoughts towards wrestling if ROH was instead the #2 program with a prime-time TV slot....

To me, it's still a monopoly. TNA might have a few of WWE's recently former champs....but they aren't anywhere on my radar. WWE drops a good storyline = damn. TNA does it? = expected.

WWE makes me not wanna watch next week = I read the results
TNA's results not make me wanna watch next week? = I just forget it's even on TV

I guess they could start with less of those damn lights!!! Shit looks tacky and nasty on TV a lot of the times with those horrible reflections that occur from 'em.

But then again, I don't think TNA is looking for me to be their target audience anyways. All I expect out of wrestling is a good, logical storyline and suspense that I don't know what might happen. I don't have A.D.D, so fast paced stuff don't excite me and cheesy side-stuff like matches on a pole and stipulations inside of a cage match aren't appealing...

Oh well. That's my weekly TNA rant...

TNA taping their shows up to 3 weeks ahead of time isn't doing them any favors in the least, ya know. SPH actually made a good point in that, I read the TNA results and most of them sound so cut/copy/paste that I forget it is even on TV. I do the same with Smackdown but I think that is mostly because it is on Friday nights and most of the time I'm out. The difference here being that if I read something good about SD as opposed to Impact, the following day youtube or hulu are being searched in an attempt to find what was missed. Impact I just chock it up to loss and go about my normal day.

Hope you guys all had a good Christmas by the way.

[quote name='cdubb1605']If TNA pulled Cena it wouldn't matter Hogan would prolly make him job to Jarrett or Hardy so that he would "learn his place," or some bull.[/QUOTE]

I could see them making Cena's debut a run in on an Eric Young match. No hype, no build-up, nothing. After they would turn him heel and have Hogan cut a massive promo burying TNA and putting himself over for getting Cena in than Cena would thank Hogan for opening his eyes.

Great piece about Goldust and his drug problem (while at TNA both times....)

osted in: WWE, TNA
Goldust Reveals His Severe Drug Problems While Working For TNA
By Daniel Pena
Dec 25, 2010 - 10:52:48 PM

WWE talent Dustin Rhodes (a/k/a Goldust) speaks frankly and openly about his journey through the professional wrestling industry in his newly released autobiography, Cross Rhodes: Goldust, Out of the Darkness. He gives a no-holds barred account of his severe drug problems, which notably persisted during his two stints with TNA Wrestling. In the book, he admits that his issues had worsened to the point that he was using cocaine prior to matches for the organization in 2005. Regarding this, he wrote:

"Eventually, and thanks to my dad, I started working for Total Nonstop Action for $1,000 a show. He was the boss, right under Dixie Carter. TNA wasn't doing too well at that point, but I had a job making okay money. I could drive home just about every night. All I was doing was what little I had to do in the ring, then hanging out spending my money on coke, pills, and booze.

"I started making excuses for why I couldn't hang with Dakota. Subconsciously I probably knew I didn't want her around me or my girlfriend because the environment was so toxic. Despite the chaos, I showed up every night for work. I have no idea how I was able to stay on point with work at that time. One of my cardinal rules was never to drink before I worked a match. I wouldn't consider doing coke before a match either. I'd take painkillers, fine. I had been taking painkillers for so long that I had convinced myself I really need them. I was taking medicine because I worked in a tough business. That was the story I had cemented into my mind. But drugs have a way of altering everything, including the stories you tell yourself. Eventually, I started doing a little coke before matches while retaining my vow to never drink alcohol before I go into the ring, as if that was something to be proud of."

Rhodes parted ways with TNA Wrestling after being arrested on April 25, 2005 and charged with misdemeanor battery following a domestic incident with his girlfriend at the Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando, Florida. He would return to the organization two years later as the split personality character Black Reign. He said that time was the hardest period of his life as his painkiller usage increased.

"Every morning, as soon as I pulled myself out of bed, I'd take three Vicodins or Lortabs just to get moving. I was sore and pretty banged up physically, but over time pain pills exaggerated rather than eliminated whatever pain I was feeling. It was a slow process for me to get into the day. I'd get that first rush from pills and then I'd get moving. I might do something around the house, or jump into my truck and drive to the river to work on this book."

He continues disclosing his severe self-medication issues, which culminated with the following in early 2008:

"I was probably taking close to forty pills a day at the end. I was so desperate that I actually bought pain pills from drug dealers because I would run out long before I could find another doctor to write a prescription. If I dropped a pill and it fell into the carpet, I would spend hours down on my hands and knees trying to find it. At the same time I was drinking so much that I'd wake up dizzy and unable to walk.

"Finally, after a three-day binge, I'd had enough. It was raining, I pulled myself up and walked right out the door. The rain was pouring down and I stumbled up a hill near this house where I knew I could get cell-phone reception. Somehow, I managed to call my dad. It was four thirty in the morning. I was falling down the hill in the mud. Ta-rel (his girlfriend) was trying to hold me up. I was scared half to death. I managed to get into the house, soaking wet.

"I had found the bottom."

Rhodes, still affiliated with TNA Wrestling, then reveals calling Ann Russo-Gordon, the liaison between World Wrestling Entertainment and talent who take up the company's offer for rehab. He remained locked away in a rehabilitation center for thirty days to face his demons and was successful. He credits his family and WWE, which he also considers family, for helping him turn his life around. He says he has remained sober since May 20, 2008.

I think TNA needs to start testing for drugs.

SPH, it has long been rumored that TNA actually doesn drug test but that they never do anything with the results. I remember reading an article a few years back saying they did a test before a PPV where roughly 25% of the talent failed but NO ONE WAS PUNISHED. Whether or not there is truth to that is speculation but if it is true, that is absolutely terrifying. Take that and all the rumors about them letting Hardy wrestle under the influence and it is just scary to think about.

Sporadic, I think you're on-the-money with your idea of how TNA would debut John Cena. Then, a few months in, TNA would have Cena square-off against Jeff Jarrett in a rap battle. Jarrett would first practice by 'rap battling' urban youths on the streets of New York. OK, that sounds amusing, but only because of the absurdity of it all.

I love that match, Neocisco. Dean's delivery of the German suplex in the last minutes is magnificent.

Yeah, I read that article, Strongpimphand. I now want to read Goldie's book. And, yes, it seems as though TNA is far too laissez-faire in regards to drug use amongst their employees. I could have sworn I heard, Figure Four Daily's, Bryan Alvarez say that Jeff Hardy legitimately hurt Ken Anderson with a chair shot to the head because Jeff had been impaired by drugs. That's pretty scary.

And, to echo Cdubb's sentiment, I, too, hope you guys had a great Christmas. :)

If they actually do drug test but don't do anything about the results.....then lawd....they're just .....no words to state without breaking CAG TOS...

That's just reckless. Period. Worse than chair shots to the head knowing what we know about concussions!

x23cd4a76.jpg

You've got to remember this is in 2005 when Rhodes is talking about.. before the whole Benoit deal, and when TNA was basically an indy show.

Almost forgot about the Goldust book. Pleasantly surprised to see it's only 10 bucks on Amazon. Just ordered that along with the Heenan DVD.

I'll get the book eventually. Given his upbringing as the son of a no-shit legend and a pretty successful wrestler on his own, I imagine he'll have stuff to talk about that Ric Flair wouldn't.

[quote name='pimpster4183']You've got to remember this is in 2005 when Rhodes is talking about.. before the whole Benoit deal, and when TNA was basically an indy show.[/QUOTE]

Except TNA really hasn't changed much since all that given that recent Jeff Hardy debacle.

[quote name='Halo05']I'll get the book eventually. Given his upbringing as the son of a no-shit legend and a pretty successful wrestler on his own, I imagine he'll have stuff to talk about that Ric Flair wouldn't.[/QUOTE]

Why specifically mention Ric Flair? Did his book come out recently as well?

When I read how much stuff he had.....that's what? less than 10 bottles of both pills and some coke?

Didn't Lex Luger or Miss Eliz have like thousands of pills on 'em?!?!?!

Of course not trying to justify neither at all....but I expected it to be an outragous "COT DAMN!" amount

I remember reading one story about a wrestler who got caught with oxycontin. Maybe it was a mistake but I remember them saying he had like 55 grams of the stuff.. which is an INSANE amount. Like... maybe a hundred thousand dollars worth.. I don't even know.

Wow, talk about underlining the differences between WWE and TNA. If anything, this is a great way to illustrate how poor of a business TNA is. Just look at the last line in that article, it says it all. These aren't good associations to have, and it's not as if they didn't know.

Question is... with the 3 weeks already taped, I assume Hardy is still champion? I haven't seen spoilers yet, but talk about bad timing. This is the moment for a 'Van Dam solution', but that's a ton of TV to redo.

Seriously, this is why WWE isn't worried about TNA in the slightest. A monkey could run a company better than this.

To be fair, TNA has it's own drug policy. First offence, Dixie Carter gives you a warning. Second offence, Dixie Carter gives you a warning, this time with a frowny face. Third offence, you sit in the corner not allowed to talk to anyone for a whole half hour. Fourth offence, sent to bed without any dinner. Fifth and final offence, a full day's judgmental tutting from everyone who knows you failed a test.

:rofl:

And I'm taking down my WWE 2010 calendar right now with Jeff Hardy as the December wrestler. It made me chuckle in the beginning of the month. It made me feel like a moron at the end of the month.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Why specifically mention Ric Flair? Did his book come out recently as well?[/QUOTE]

Just because Flair has a book (came out awhile ago) and while it's a good read, Flair got into the business completely apart from anyone in his family. With Rhodes, it's a very different story. I could've said Angle, Foley, or Austin and it would've been a similar scenario.

[quote name='Chuplayer']I was hoping against hope that Jeff Hardy was actually clean and that the mysterious package thing was just a setup.

Forget Jeff Hardy, and forget TNA. I'm through with the both of them.[/QUOTE]

So back to playing with dolls then?

[quote name='Demolition Man']So back to playing with dolls then?[/QUOTE]

So how's that revolution working out for you? At least he puts effort into the shit he likes. It might be strange, but he has a hobby that he likes. He didn't hype something up for ages and then make two fucking episodes.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']So how's that revolution working out for you? At least he puts effort into the shit he likes. It might be strange, but he has a hobby that he likes. He didn't hype something up for ages and then make two fucking episodes.[/QUOTE]

Its amazing that people keep bringing up a show that I said eons ago I'm not doing anymore. Let it go.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']So how's that revolution working out for you? At least he puts effort into the shit he likes. It might be strange, but he has a hobby that he likes. He didn't hype something up for ages and then make two fucking episodes.[/QUOTE]

Once again I quit doing the show because I wasn't happy with doing it and my heart wasn't into it. Yes I know I hyped it for eons which is my fault. But then I realized it wasn't for me so I quit doing it. I am sorry for letting CAG down but if my heart wasn't into it then I knew it was best to move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
....at least they mentioned the diet coke spilling

though I know Cena was hoping for a larger reaction

Wow, Punk is legitly calling out the shenanigans of the cena Fired angle. And yet the crowd is booing him cuz he's right.

Ah....now...if punk isn't the real leader of Nexus....THE IWC RIOTS!!!!

CM Punk is so awesome.

I thought King's championship match against The Miz was something special because they were in Memphis that night - why is he wrestling weekly now? Does he have a certain number of matches to wrestle each year in his contract or something?

bread's done
Back