The Conduit - "It's time to go to work."

[quote name='wjhard63']I'm on the edge of picking up this game and you guys are doing a good job of convincing me to do so, but I just need a little more convincing to pull the trigger.[/QUOTE]
My one beef with Metroid Prime: Corruption was that it had way too much exploration and not enough shooting alien ass for my tastes -- and in that regard, The Conduit is exactly what I wanted. If the idea of blasting everybody in sight with better-than-Metroid controls appeals to you, BUY THIS GAME. :)

[quote name='pochaccoheaven']does it beat playing an fps game with dual analog controllers as opposed to the motion controller?[/quote]
I could never get into dual thumbstick FPS controls, and I'm hoping The Conduit is so successful that other developers put out Wii FPSes with comparable controls so I'll never have to.

Personal update: Halfway through level 8 now, and I'm definitely loving this stage more than the earlier ones. I know I'm near the end of the game, and I'm already anticipating another play-through...

--R.J.

[quote name='icedrake523']Once you tweak the controls to your liking, it is a lot more fun. I think it's easier to be more precise with the pointer. Turning is also less limiting since you can do an action that would be associated with a button.[/QUOTE]

i won't be playing nor buying this game. i can't stand playing fps due to the motion sickness thing. but i do hope that it does change the direction of things to come.

have you ever played max payne on ps2/xbox, it was awful if you compare it to the pc keyboard and mouse. hopefully they can make a similar game like that with the same concept here.

this game is probably generic but it is doing something really well that i hope others see. if you're a true hardcore gamer, that is one who plays pc games, then you'll notice that it is typical for fps to have generic stuff. what makes fps great is the multiplayer and based on what many game review sites have said so far, the multiplayer on the conduit is really good. counter strike is pretty generic but the multiplayer is great. look at unreal tournament, people don't play it for the single player but the multiplayer. why do you think lan parties consists of many fps games.

You might be able to play it if you reduced your movement and turn speed and used a larger dead zone so the camera won't move so often.

You could try the settings I posted a couple pages back if you feel that motion sickness feeling, but all I really did was tighten up the dead zone and turning so the cursor doesn't feel like it is wavy in movement.

Medal of Honor Heroes had controls that were just as customizable as The Conduit. It also used EA Nation to get around friend codes and had 32 multiplayer online that ran at 60 frames per second compared to this game's 30.

I liked the lobby system and match customization a little better since it also had console commands options to vote for rule or map changes. It was very comparable to Counter Strike. Many people many people dismissed that game since it had a PSP port (it wasn't a port of a PSP game) and definitely didn't have the media coverage that The Conduit had.

[quote name='icedrake523']You might be able to play it if you reduced your movement and turn speed and used a larger dead zone so the camera won't move so often.[/QUOTE]

that won't work because i tried it on several fps games on console and pc. you know what is the best solution?

play on a small screen tv [13" or lower]. i find that i'm able to play fps games on the ds due to the small screen. but playing fps games on a 20+" screen tv is nauseating and mind boggling.

maybe i'll rent it and try to figure something out.

but to those who love and can play fps, enjoy the game.

i would appreciate if you added me and we got some good games going. Im playing nearly evey day, a lot. So if you are a regular online, add me. Also, only mature people. I don't want little kiddies, (being 21, it would feel kinda weird talking to a little kid over wii speak, and just that little kids seem to be immature most of the time.) That is not to say I don;t do my fair share of cussing or trash talking while playing tho. . If you got wii speak, better, because i would love to try it out. Oh yea, I would like to ssay...I am pretty damn good because I am usually almost number 1 at the end of matches.

3051-5391-3607

Ive got no friends! Hopefully this changes!

[quote name='pochaccoheaven']i won't be playing nor buying this game. i can't stand playing fps due to the motion sickness thing. but i do hope that it does change the direction of things to come.[/quote]
Just to echo what others have said, you might want to rent/try The Conduit and see if tweaking the controls/settings can alleviate your motion sickness.

For reference, I usually get motion sickness with other FPSes after playing for more than an hour or two; I had to limit my Metroid Prime: Corruption playtime because of this, and could only play Doom II by shrinking the screen size. I was having similar issues with The Conduit at first, but after I experimented with the settings, I can now go all night long without the slightest hint of queasiness (which ends up with my wife yelling at me to go to bed already ;)). Throw in multiple camera options (a feature of the game that gets glossed over), and I can't imagine why you can't find a setup that works for you.

[quote name='pochaccoheaven']if you're a true hardcore gamer, that is one who plays pc games, then you'll notice that it is typical for fps to have generic stuff.[/QUOTE]
What gets me are the people who ding The Conduit for not "bringing something original to the genre." Considering the same can be said for 4/5ths of the FPSes out there, I don't see why this game should be knocked for it... :hot:

--R.J.

Finally beat the game. The ending was rather abrupt and clearly fishing for a sequel, but I didn't mind. Though I died a dozen times on the very last objective, simply because I didn't know what I needed to do to finish the level (and the vague description didn't help).

Otherwise, solid and fun gunplay all around. I'll definitely go through the earlier levels to ferret out the secret messages and discs I missed, and play through at a higher difficulty level down the road. Levels 7 and 8 were the best in the game IMO.

And now that I've beaten the campaign, here's my code for online matches: 2579-0937-8307

--R.J.

Hey, I have been interested in this game since it was first announce. I havnt had the money to buy it, and probably wont for some time. The reason I post is because I have seen a few posts on gamefaqs and such about hackers and whatnot (infinite hp, instant shotgun reload etc etc). Im just wondering how widespread it is? And if it is something I can expect to see a lot if I pick the game up, to where it hurts the online experience.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

I don't know about glitching but there is too much bunny hopping in the videos I have seen. This is a great fps for people who only have a wii but I think will pass.

Too busy having fun to notice any hacking/cheats. :) Lock-on definitely helps in multiplayer, though.

--R.J.

I finally ordered from amazon last night. The chance to kill aliens for 39.99 no tax was too tempting to pass up ... although that giant bomb review was eviscerating, I think I'll enjoy a straight forward shooter.

The Giant Bomb review was a classic example of Epic Fail. :wall:

Then again, it was by Jeff Gershman, the guy who plays Wii Sports Golf sitting down...

--R.J.

[quote name='Mad D']Medal of Honor Heroes had controls that were just as customizable as The Conduit. It also used EA Nation to get around friend codes and had 32 multiplayer online that ran at 60 frames per second compared to this game's 30.

I liked the lobby system and match customization a little better since it also had console commands options to vote for rule or map changes. It was very comparable to Counter Strike. Many people many people dismissed that game since it had a PSP port (it wasn't a port of a PSP game) and definitely didn't have the media coverage that The Conduit had.[/QUOTE]
it wasn't completely overlooked. I've heard good good things about MoH. I can't say for certain I'd pick it up unless it goes on sale but word is like top five current Wii first person games with Metroid and Conduit

I have a Nyko Perfect shot and was wondering if anyone with the game did as well, who could share their impression of it.

[quote name='seen']I have a Nyko Perfect shot and was wondering if anyone with the game did as well, who could share their impression of it.[/QUOTE]
I think that plastic gun is mostly good for rail shooters.

Thanks hero101; I'll be staying away then since I like the wii for the rail shooters and was hoping this was similar.

I love this game. It is the first FPS I have really played. The only drawback I am seeing is that I shoot someone 204330942 times... and they still live... they shoot me once, and I am dead. I know I am new to the scene... but come on!!! Any advice or tips?? I play online and would love to get some CAG friends. I will post my friend code and add and pm everyone that I add in the coming days....

[quote name='CL-Insanity']I love this game. It is the first FPS I have really played. The only drawback I am seeing is that I shoot someone 204330942 times... and they still live... they shoot me once, and I am dead. I know I am new to the scene... but come on!!! Any advice or tips??[/QUOTE]
Assuming you didn't get a cheater, the best advice is to just not give up and keep practicing online. Learn the benefits/drawbacks of each weapon, learn the layout of the maps, learn the rules for each match type, and develop a playing style that suits you. I personally prefer to rush forward and charge my opponents, but that necessitates making sure nobody is sneaking up on me...

For The Conduit especially, don't be shy to use your radar, jump a lot, and use the lock-on feature. And if you're in a free-for-all deathmatch, don't be shy about using grenades.

--R.J.

Well the wife just called she is working a double... I may end up going quite a bit longer on this game tonight. The bad thing is I have a paintball match tomorrow and I am trashed from the week.

The last 3 weeks has been insane. Been to 3 amusement parks (Michigan Adventure, Cedar Point, and Kings Island, thats platinum passes for ya!), worked only 45 hours or so each week, had a "Big game" Paintball game that ran from Sat 7 am till Sunday at 6pm. rented a cabin with a buddy and went up north fishing a Sat-Monday, Then last week we had just got back and had company for the 4th, then I worked 10 hours on Sunday re gel coating my boat... Tomorrow its Paintball and a movie, then Sunday time to finish the boat off.

I thought she would be home in a hour and kick me off the TV..... decisions decisions... sleep or try the online...

^ ok thats been made

4855 - 4565 - 0935

I think I'm really bad at this game. I keep getting killed when the aliens show up in chapter 3. I move the difficulty to the highest.

[quote name='hero101']I think I'm really bad at this game. I keep getting killed when the aliens show up in chapter 3. I move the difficulty to the highest.[/QUOTE]
If it's that hard for you, why do you make it even harder???

I can beat that part, though it usually takes me a few tries. Even when you know where the health kits and conduits are, taking them out can be tough. You have to find a balance between rushing them (and getting killed) and playing it carefully (and getting overwhelmed).

--R.J.

[quote name='CL-Insanity']Is this thread dead?[/QUOTE]
It will definitely die if we don't get a good game host for certain nights. :roll:

Any CAGs play online?

If you wanna play.... add me!

0388 - 7429 - 5425

P.M me if you add me and send me your F.C.

[quote name='Wa-Keen']Any CAGs play online?

If you wanna play.... add me!

0388 - 7429 - 5425

P.M me if you add me and send me your F.C.[/QUOTE]

I would PM you, but I find this to be more convenient.

My friend code is 2493-3079-2254, and I have you added.

I borrowed this from a friend over the past week or so. Had played the campaign a lot, but just got to the wifi today. Didn't really enjoy it to be honest. The waiting times were just ridiculous.

Anyways, I'm not a huge shooter fan. I actually like Onslaught a lot more than this game.

CL, I see you playing but your game is full. Maybe next time. If I do play it is usually around 3 or 4 West coast time during the week days.

LOL!!! I was trying to do the same with your games. Well, I am thinking it might "be time to shut er' down, Handcock..." Seems that the one-hit kill and lag cheaters have started to show up so that you know there is going to be one in every game. I will give it a few more tries... I don't mind be sniped or hit with a grenade... but when I get shot ONE TIME out of nowhere and die... or I unload an entire clip into an enemy and he is still there... well....

Good seeing you online again Wakeen. Our team came back that second game didn't we ;) You mumbled something into the microphone after the game but I couldn't hear you.

So close to 50 kills that first game, maybe some other day if I ever can play that well again. Didn't do so good that second game though until the teams evened out. I think I'm done for tonight though.

[quote name='Mad D']Good seeing you online again Wakeen. Our team came back that second game didn't we ;) You mumbled something into the microphone after the game but I couldn't hear you.[/QUOTE]

Wii Speak worked? LOL, I thought it only worked during private matches? The blue led randomly turned on so I started talking.

I was following you during the whole match! I was trying to tell you through Wii Speak if you wanted to private match ofter the game, but I guess you couldn't hear me, lol.

I play almost every night.

Well, I bought this game for myself. Really enjoying it, haven't ran into any cheaters, but I have had quite a few disconnects over the past 3 or so days.

I'll post my friend code later, as my sister is using the TV with the Wii. And I'm planning on getting Wii Speak soon.

Edit:
2106-7428-4385

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the servers down? I keep getting "Search failed. Please try again later." for the past two days now! Anyone else having this problem?

Did any of you other Wii FPS fans see this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM9NRiP6WY8

Why hasn't there been any news on this, it's looking all right. I read Infinity Ward is mad that it was getting ported and are forcing an embargo. It comes out in a few days :lol:

EDIT: Video was removed by Activision

The second video of online play is much better, there is a lot of detail and it looks a lot better then I would have thought. Treyarch did a nice job porting this.

Just got The Conduit from Goozex and the single-player is a blast. Kinda simplistic but I'm really enjoying what I've played.

Here's my code: 0174-1358-0312

bread's done
Back