The conduit: Will be at ComicCon 2009 @ NYC.

I heard they didn't want to use FCs for the online stuff. Then it was speculated that they'd have to use them. Which made people think Nintendo was the publisher.

Sega would earn a truckload of respect from me if they subtly marketed (assuming they could even get this to work to begin with) the lack of FCs by hinting Sega does what Nintendon't.

[quote name='The Crotch']18. First year of university.

Wait. Did he... was that a slightly more subtle version of A/S/L?[/QUOTE]
are you serious? Why does everything have to be sexually related? I can't walk one step in my school without people making non sexual things into sexual things.

On topic. I just realized that all they do is teach you the same crap over and over again. Basically in 9-10th grade, you just learn the same stuff you learned in middle school.

[quote name='blackbird3216']are you serious? Why does everything have to be sexually related? I can't walk one step in my school without people making non sexual things into sexual things. [/quote]My name is The Crotch. My avatar is a Charles Darwin/Andre the Giant joke. Above it is a warning about the apocalypse. To quote Sheila the Tank: "Do I look like I'm joking?"

[quote name='blackbird3216'] On topic. I just realized that all they do is teach you the same crap over and over again. Basically in 9-10th grade, you just learn the same stuff you learned in middle school.[/quote]
Not sure that this is the topic, but man... get used to it. And when you get to university, you will be happy when the professor starts talking about something you know, 'cause that means a brief moment of respite in the notes.

[quote name='Strell']Sega would earn a truckload of respect from me if they subtly marketed (assuming they could even get this to work to begin with) the lack of FCs by hinting Sega does what Nintendon't.[/QUOTE]
My understanding is that a Wii developer has to use Friend Codes if they want to use Nintendo's online infrastructure (network and servers). If a developer/publisher wants to use their own setup (as EA does), they can do whatever they want.

Of course, note that Friend Codes are only needed if you want to share stuff between specific users, and aren't needed if you want to keep things anonymous (like Mario Kart Wii does).

On topic. I just realized that all they do is teach you the same crap over and over again. Basically in 9-10th grade, you just learn the same stuff you learned in middle school.
IME, it's more like "The stuff you learned before was a simplified version of the truth; this time, we're going to go into more detail."

--R.J.

Official word from a recent interview was that they are still talking to Nintnedo.

Doesn't look good though. Still as long as it does in fact have voice chat that alone is good enough for me at this stage.

[quote name='The Crotch']My name is The Crotch. My avatar is a Charles Darwin/Andre the Giant joke. Above it is a warning about the apocalypse. To quote Sheila the Tank: "Do I look like I'm joking?"[/QUOTE]

You've been running on for a long time.

Rambler.

According to this post, apparently there is no LAN multiplayer. It seems that High Voltage was working on it and/or got it implemented, but Nintendo told them to take it out.

You know, even if it was a feature I'd never use, I seriously cannot think of a reason that had to be done. There are some decent theories out there, but even so - what the hell. What. The. Hell.

I like the idea of shooting a missle and then guiding it with a wrist flick. That's kinda neat. Being able to better aim grenades is nice and all, but I just sort of always eventually could learn that on my own in whatever game I was playing.

Hope it ends up being a quality title with honestly engaging gameplay, instead of a situation where we are all desperate enough that we get blinded by the conclusion. But we'll see.

Halo didn't even get bugs 'til its second game with the Drones, and lots of FPS' have alien weapons. Like, all of them.
Even Medal of Honour - Nazis were aliens

But no local multiplayer. A shame, and it's the one thing I'm really disappointed about in the package shown thus far.

[quote name='Strell']According to this post, apparently there is no LAN multiplayer. It seems that High Voltage was working on it and/or got it implemented, but Nintendo told them to take it out.

You know, even if it was a feature I'd never use, I seriously cannot think of a reason that had to be done. There are some decent theories out there, but even so - what the hell. What. The. Hell.
[/quote]
Since some Wii games like Battalion Wars 2 actually had LAN play in early verisons I believe the only possibility is that Nintendo doesn't want anyone to create something like Warp Pipe for the Wii.

[quote name='databuild']
Review highlights the positive online multiplayer experience and controls, but points out the shortcomings in the single player story and computer AI.
[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to take NP for their word on this, but I wouldn't be surprised if the single player was lackluster. Which is a shame because I don't care much for multiplayer, so I may end up passing on this game until it hits budget price.

Hoping the single player campaign is better than it sounds, can't wait for more reviews of the game.

bread's done
Back