The Dark Knight Exclusives

joker______

CAGiversary!
saw this at superherohype.com & all credit goes to LEGO Penguin

Not only will MANY stores be doing a Midnight Opening, but also, there are NINE different versions of the film released that day. This is what Best Buy will be carrying...

Dark Knight: Fullscreen Version

Dark Knight: Widescreen Version

Dark Knight: Special Edition

Dark Knight: Special Edition (w/ Batman Mask)
BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE

Dark Knight: Special Edition (w/ Clown Mask)
BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE

Dark Knight: Blu-Ray

Dark Knight: Blu-Ray (w/ Batpod)

Dark Knight: Blu-Ray (w/ Batman Mask)
BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE

Dark Knight: Blu-Ray (w/ Clown Mask)
BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE

Dark Knight: Soundtrack Special Edition

BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE mini-statues available for $9.99

jokerbestbuy.jpg

batmanbestbuy.jpg

Wal-Mart Exclusive
"Bonus Comic Book" and "Commemorative Coin" (AKA Harvey Dent's coin).
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10726993

Circuit City Exclusive

**** Circuit City Exclusive: Free Batman logo journal with the purchase of The Dark Knight 2 Disc Limited Edition DVD // While supplies last // It looks like the Circuit City version has a Joker: “Why So Serious?” Slipcover

Target Exclusive

Batman: The Dark Knight – Target Exclusive Blu-Ray Edition >>>> $29.99 ****

DVSY23180.jpg
**** Only At Target! Both the Deluxe and Blu-Ray versions have collectible Batman mask packaging. Also included is a digital copy and bonus footage & features // Quantities limited // No rain checks

credit to speedy

Hollywood Video Exclusive

i dont have a pic but i saw this today going up to HWV,when you buy a copy of TDK you get a set of BatEars,it doesnt sound like a good Exclusive but just throwing it out there

FYE

movie comes in the steel book cases----->no pic

jokerbestbuy.jpg
batmanbestbuy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheRock88']Mine said that they didnt receive the card yet. They said they should have it in a couple of days, just bring in your receipt and they'll give you one.

I got there about 15 minutes after they opened and either mine were already sold out or they didnt get any in, but all the special editions were gone (masks and bat pod). Had to settle for the regular Blu-Ray.[/quote]

Same here. They didn't have the card. They told me if I go tomorrow with the receipt they'll give me the card.

I'm kind of more interested in this Harvey Dent coin though.

For what it's worth, the journal that came with the Circuit City exclusive cover actually included the same trading card BB's offering (the Batman joker card).

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Stopped by BB to check the masks...oh God they are shitty. Glad I skipped out on those.

Did anyone get a Joker card from Best Buy...wondering what it looks like.[/quote]

Mine said that it comes inside the box of the gift set. Yeah, about that...

Picked up the Target BD mask packaging one, after seeing the mask editions at BB, glad I spent only $5 more for that one rather than the $15 for those...not that great IMO. Almost did buy one of the Batman figurines for $9.99 at BB but couldn't bring myself to spend $10 on something that should have been half that. No Jokers left anyway.

Dropped by WM later and found one of the 6" Joker figures in the toy section that comes with the card for $11.50. Picked it up, better deal than the BB figurines and the first time I actually found one of these on the pegs anywhere anyway. In fact, after scouring the endcap with the Batman, Gotham thug and other figures, it was the only Joker in the whole store it appeared.

Ready for some TDK action this weekend for sure! :)

Went to Target to look at the mask for the blu-ray and changed my mind in that it takes up too much space (I like that the blu-ray cases are shorter and thinner than dvd cases and space is becoming a premium in my crowded shelves). Then I looked at the regular blu-ray and couldnt get myself to spend $25 for it. All these blu-ray deals the last few weeks makes that price seem to expensive. So I am still looking for a deal on this movie.

[quote name='garfep']For what it's worth, the journal that came with the Circuit City exclusive cover actually included the same trading card BB's offering (the Batman joker card).[/quote]You mind answering a question for me? Does the DVD case have that Joker cover art or is it only on the outer slipcase that's over the dvd case and journal?

Picked up the Blu-ray Batman mask at Target. Same as Iron Man but not as much hard plastic was worth the extra $5 to me. Also I ordered the The Dark Knight Exclusive Joker Statuette with in-store pickup along with Blu-ray Joker mask set at BB with in-store pickup. But when I went to pickup both the guy said that both weren't in-stock because they didn't update there inventory from the midnight opening yet. Price matched Target's price of South Park season 11 for $19.99 since Target didn't have it when I went there 1st. So the trip wasn't a complete lost.

Then came home and changed my store pickup to a ship to me order. The statuette should ship from BB any day now but the Joker mask Blu-ray is on back-order. At this point between the quality of the mask and the hassle its been if it doesn't ship from no loss as the Statuette is all I really wanted from BB. Also is it true that the Batman Unmasked featurette is exclusive to only both Target mask editions or is it on all of the sets released?

[quote name='goldeneye64']Also is it true that the Batman Unmasked featurette is exclusive to only both Target mask editions or is it on all of the sets released?[/quote]
My BB :br: Batman Mask Edition lists the Batman Unmasked as a feature on the box and it's in HD nonetheless.

That Joker poker set looks really sweet.

My BB didn't seem to have any Joker cards, but I don't know if they sold out somehow or if they haven't gotten them in like others have said, I might see if they know anything about it and go back sometime.

I was the first person at my local Best Buy this morning. Waited outside the store in the bitter cold for about an hour. Around a half hour prior to opening an employee walking in asked me what had me waiting outside the door because she was sure they had enough in stock of what I wanted. I told her about the exclusive figurines, she laughed and said that I better keep waiting then. I pre-ordered the BD Batman and Clown mask gift sets and Batpod edition so I knew they were waiting for me at the in-store pick-up counter. I went on the prowl for the figurines when I walked in. None at the main display. Luckily there was an employee around and he directed me to a cart with extra stock of the various editions and about as many Batman and Joker figurines as advertised. Took one of each. Walked to the registers, asked for a Joker card, the cashier gave one to me. Went to in-store pick-up, paid and got everything I wanted. :D

picked up the steelbook at fye this morning. they had a handful of copies with a $22.99 price sticker, so i nabbed one of those. gonna send in the $7 mail in rebate as well to make it an uber-deal.

[quote name='Vader582']You mind answering a question for me? Does the DVD case have that Joker cover art or is it only on the outer slipcase that's over the dvd case and journal?[/quote]
It's only the wide outer slipcase that goes over the DVD & journal. The DVD is inside of it sealed and has the regular two-disc cover.

[quote name='darthdan']I was the first person at my local Best Buy this morning. Waited outside the store in the bitter cold for about an hour. Around a half hour prior to opening an employee walking in asked me what had me waiting outside the door because she was sure they had enough in stock of what I wanted. I told her about the exclusive figurines, she laughed and said that I better keep waiting then. I pre-ordered the BD Batman and Clown mask gift sets and Batpod edition so I knew they were waiting for me at the in-store pick-up counter. I went on the prowl for the figurines when I walked in. None at the main display. Luckily there was an employee around and he directed me to a cart with extra stock of the various editions and about as many Batman and Joker figurines as advertised. Took one of each. Walked to the registers, asked for a Joker card, the cashier gave one to me. Went to in-store pick-up, paid and got everything I wanted. :D[/quote]

You bought all three of those versions of the movie? Woah...that's a wee bit too hardcore for me. :hot:

I got my Joker card (had to look in the back for it and they had like 2 left total), it's pretty cool but kind of expected more out of it, like for it to resemble a playing card a bit more.

[quote name='lawdood']You bought all three of those versions of the movie? Woah...that's a wee bit too hardcore for me. :hot:[/quote]

And yet I find myself considering going after the exclusives other stores have to offer. :twisted:

[quote name='sml_mndz']I'll pay $$$$ 4 a BB Joker Card.[/quote]
You really shouldn't. They're paper thin, not very good quality, and fairly lame, IMO...but I still wouldn't sell mine to you, lol

[quote name='pinoyunggoy']You really shouldn't. They're paper thin, not very good quality, and fairly lame, IMO...but I still wouldn't sell mine to you, lol[/quote]

I was pretty disappointed that the back of the card is just like an advert for the movie and not like a real playing card, or like the one in the movie. It as a free exclusive though is still pretty cool.

I think the best freebie for this movie was the Two-Face coin, but it's a shame it wasn't available with the Blu-ray.

Just watched the DVD.

Is anyone else extremely disappointed with the quality of the video? I can't believe how terrible the transfer to the DVD was. I felt like I was watching a bootleg.

does anyone have a picture of this card you get from best buy?. I bought the dvd today at best buy and i didn't recieve any card?!

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Just watched the DVD.

Is anyone else extremely disappointed with the quality of the video? I can't believe how terrible the transfer to the DVD was. I felt like I was watching a bootleg.[/quote]

Yea, I would've just got a blu-ray but I wanted the coin...

Walmart Exclusive Giftset
DK_WM00.jpg

DK_WM01.jpg

T.W.E.C. DVD Steelbook Exclusive
DK_BB_SBDVD.jpg

Circuit City Exclusive Slipcase with Journal
DK_CC00.jpg

Target Bluray Mask Packaging
DK_MASK00.jpg

Bluray Exclusive Batpod
DK_BP00.jpg

DK_BP01.jpg

DK_BP02.jpg

Bestbuy Exclusive Bluray Batcowl Limited Edition
DK_BB_BM00.jpg

DK_BB_BM01.jpg

Bestbuy Exclusive Bluray Clown Mask Limited Edition
DK_BB_JK00.jpg

DK_BB_JK01.jpg

My Dark Knight Collection

DK_ALL00.jpg

*In transit - Dark Knight Bluray Steelbook

wow thats a lot in your collection. Not sure if any CAG'ers noticed this but in the Target DVD 2-DISC version with Batman Mask there is an additional BONUS DVD inside. its in the separate compartment in back of the mask. its with the paper with instructions for the digital copy. not sure if the person above with the collection knew about it but they will have to get a target regular dvd with mask if that is to be complete!

[quote name='addicted2games']^^^Are you also the one that bought the 10 versions of Iron Man or was that Transformers?[/quote]
yeah that's him, it was transformers and I would say at least 10 versions he owns

[quote name='tahoesnowboarder']wow thats a lot in your collection. Not sure if any CAG'ers noticed this but in the Target DVD 2-DISC version with Batman Mask there is an additional BONUS DVD inside. its in the separate compartment in back of the mask. its with the paper with instructions for the digital copy. quote]
it does say digital copy right on the front of the box, no?

[quote name='tahoesnowboarder']wow thats a lot in your collection. Not sure if any CAG'ers noticed this but in the Target DVD 2-DISC version with Batman Mask there is an additional BONUS DVD inside. its in the separate compartment in back of the mask. its with the paper with instructions for the digital copy. [/quote]
it does say digital copy on the front of the box, no? I think it's pretty self-explanitory, thanx though

hey if anyone picked up, or sees in their travels a joker statuette and could pick it up for me I'd pay for the item plus shipping plus a couple bucks for the effort...

[quote name='georox']Yea, I would've just got a blu-ray but I wanted the coin...[/quote]

Does the one with the coin come with an actual DVD case? I was going to buy that one, but I wasn't sure if there was a case inside, and I didn't want to risk it for the coin, which I was afraid might be cheap plastic.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Does the one with the coin come with an actual DVD case? I was going to buy that one, but I wasn't sure if there was a case inside, and I didn't want to risk it for the coin, which I was afraid might be cheap plastic.[/quote]

rumor is coin is metal and it comes in a separate thing... look at the pics ^^^

[quote name='twanky']has anyone gotten the papajohn's $3 off coupon to work on the TDK bluray version?[/quote]
I used 4 of those coupons today, I went into Papa John's yesterday and asked if they had any and the guy gave me a stack of them. At BB, I did a PM along with the coupon to get the standard BR for $21. At Target, I used it on the mask BR without any problem. Only at FYE did the cashier say anything when I used the cpn, she went to go ask the manager who was totally cool and said it's ok since they would get reimbursed for mfr's cpns.
[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Does the one with the coin come with an actual DVD case? I was going to buy that one, but I wasn't sure if there was a case inside, and I didn't want to risk it for the coin, which I was afraid might be cheap plastic.[/quote]
It's the same standard 1-disc DVD you can purchase separately that's inside the cardboard box with the coin and comic, so yes you get the actual case. The coin is metal and almost authentic enough to be mistaken for a real coin, that's probably why they imprinted the word "COPY" on its unscratched side.

:applause:[quote name='addicted2games']^^^Are you also the one that bought the 10 versions of Iron Man or was that Transformers?[/quote]

Yeah, Im the one. as for Darknight the count is 8 (still awaiting the Bluray Steelbook)

DK_ALL00.jpg

[quote name='SithFran']Damn, I thought the F.Y.E. steel book was blu-ray. I just went with BB for $25.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I thought as well until I went there. Went to Target and bought it there.

Got my copy for 20 bucks on BR. Some of the Wal-Mart's here had it for 25 plus a 5 dollar gift card that you could use at the time of purchase, which we did.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Got my copy for 20 bucks on BR. Some of the Wal-Mart's here had it for 25 plus a 5 dollar gift card that you could use at the time of purchase, which we did.[/quote]

What kind of gift card? Where was it?

Is the bonus disc from Target the same featurette as the blu ray batman unmasked?

Circuit city - What is included with the journal? Any info or is it a blank book?

Walmart - The box says coin is plastic and the comic book is small. What scene is the comic book?

bread's done
Back