The Dark Knight Rises Exclusive

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Amazon
The Dark Knight Bat Cowl Limited Edition (#/35,000)

Amazon.de (Germany)
The Dark Knight SteelBook - EUR 28,99
51aGmcTWBUL._AA300_.jpg

The Dark Knight Trilogy SteelBook - EUR 54,99
The Dark Knight Bat Cowl Limited Edition

Best Buy
The Dark Knight SteelBook with Reborn - $34.99
The Dark Knight Trilogy - $44.99
The Dark Knight Bat Cowl Limited Edition

Costco
None (Already check-in)

HMV (UK)
The Dark Knight SteelBook - TBA
DKRBLUPRE.JPG

Play.com (UK)
The Christopher Nolan Collection Boxset - £49.99
36871329_500x500_2.jpg

Target
The Dark Knight DigiBook (3D Lenticular) - $24.99 sale (was $31.99)
14199527_Alt01_120928163000.jpg

14199527_120928163000.jpg

The Dark Knight Rises Bat Cowl Limited Edition - $34.99 Online

WalMart
The Dark Knight Rises 2-Disc DVD
The Dark Knight Rises Bat Cowl Limited Edition - $24.96 Online and In-Store (Limited)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='henry00x']i listed an auction for just the 3 figures, its currently up to $26 with 10 watchers , have 1day 18hrs left

id say you can get your $ back just by selling the figures and get the movie for free, good enough for me.[/QUOTE]

thats pretty decent, but I already picked up the movie in the trilogy set.

[quote name='henry00x']i listed an auction for just the 3 figures, its currently up to $26 with 10 watchers , have 1day 18hrs left

id say you can get your $ back just by selling the figures and get the movie for free, good enough for me.[/QUOTE]

Maybe that's what I'll do.

I am disappointed with the WB Shop but I can't really bad mad at them. Sometimes you win with exclusive editions like these (Suckerpunch steelbook) and sometimes you get low quality exclusives like TDKR.

The only fault I put on them is they did an absolute awful job at describing how the set would be packaged. At the very least I figured it would be similar to the Batman Animated Sets that come out with the figures inside the packaging.

i would advise keeping the WB Shop figures and selling them on ebay, there is a definite market for them

my auction for the figures alone is up to $50 with free shipping

[quote name='henry00x']i would advise keeping the WB Shop figures and selling them on ebay, there is a definite market for them

my auction for the figures alone is up to $50 with free shipping[/QUOTE]

Hey, do you mind if I use your picture to make my own ad?

on the bright side i enjoyed watching this movie with subtitles i couldnt understand a damn thing Bane said in the theater i thought it was just my hearing impairment but apparently even my non hearing impaired friend couldnt either.

gotta say i really loved the movie the second time around(loved it the first time too). takes some major balls to follow up what is considered the best batman movie with a movie that only has 20-30 minutes of batman on screen time.

I'm at a loss..Henry00x's auctions for JUST the figures is up to $52.99....I've been trying to sell the figures AND the Blu for $50 or $80 buyitnow, and nothing in 3 days...besides 3 watchers who probably won't bid anyways..

[quote name='jcp42877']I'm at a loss..Henry00x's auctions for JUST the figures is up to $52.99....I've been trying to sell the figures AND the Blu for $50 or $80 buyitnow, and nothing in 3 days...besides 3 watchers who probably won't bid anyways..[/QUOTE]

If I have learned anything from eBay, people like auction's so much more than buy it now. For example, I sold my far cry 3 dlc last week for $31.00(WTF) when there were a few buyitnow's for almost $10 less.

Start a new auction style listing for a few days and the bids will come and you shouldn't have much trouble getting what your looking for.

People can earn rewards and rebates and stuff on auctions, BIN are NOT the way to go basically ever.

Who would pay $50 for stupid toys you can buy at Walmart....our economy is back baby!!!

[quote name='merchie89']People can earn rewards and rebates and stuff on auctions, BIN are NOT the way to go basically ever.

Who would pay $50 for stupid toys you can buy at Walmart....our economy is back baby!!![/QUOTE]

What? This isn't 1999. If you have a new/sealed retail item, like a Video Game you will almost always get more in a BIN listing.

That might not be the case for something odd, used, or where a price isn't clearly defined by the retail market but for everything else you will leave money on the table with an auction.

Besides most people on eBay shopping for new games or media want that now and they don't want to wait 5 days bidding.

I usually use BIN and get my item sold without much problems. It really depends on the item and how confident you are in whether it'd sell at the price you want. There's certainly more risk in putting up an auction for this set since the price can fluctuate widely. If completed listings are showing consistent prices then you can go with either Fixed or auction listings I find. Of course other factors are important too such as the time the auction ends, your feedback, your location, where you ship to, etc..

The main reason BIN auctions can take some time is because it's not as visible to the buyer. Odds are it's not ending soon like regular auctions and so it's not going to get as much attention unless 1.) people look through all the auctions 2.) they filter by BIN 3.) You have the lowest (or one of the lowest) prices with shipping included.

I just picked up the DKR steelbook over the weekend and don't really have much interest in watching the Dark Knight Reborn commentary that came with it. If anyone wants the code send me a pm and its yours, no cost.

[quote name='GBAstar']What? This isn't 1999. If you have a new/sealed retail item, like a Video Game you will almost always get more in a BIN listing.

That might not be the case for something odd, used, or where a price isn't clearly defined by the retail market but for everything else you will leave money on the table with an auction.

Besides most people on eBay shopping for new games or media want that now and they don't want to wait 5 days bidding.[/QUOTE]

As a buyer who isnt a rube, I know what I am looking to pay for something and what other places are have it for and most BIN listings have basic retail prices on stuff.

I am going on ebay to save money not pay top dollar. SSJ seems like a more unique item seller, not mass amounts of brand new games. Bidding something up to $55 is better than simply starting off at the price. When I list BIN, I usually use Best Offers too. I am looking for $X but am willing to take $Y on most occasions

While most of my eBay purchases are auction, I have had a fair amount of good deals BIN. It depends on what the person is selling and their perceived value (as shown by my recent Pokemon Advanced Battle Volume 4 for $5.99 deal).

[quote name='jcp42877']I'm at a loss..Henry00x's auctions for JUST the figures is up to $52.99....I've been trying to sell the figures AND the Blu for $50 or $80 buyitnow, and nothing in 3 days...besides 3 watchers who probably won't bid anyways..[/QUOTE]

People are idiots. Most likely in your case, along with the high starting bid price, many potential buyers already have a copy of the movie so they are after the exclusive figures specifically.

My advice is to cancel you original auction ASAP and sell the figures SEPARATELY in three separate auctions. Start each one low, no buy it now (or set the buy it now on each absurdly high). You will get individuals who are looking for a specific figure as well as people who may bid up all three to try to get the complete set. You will undoubtedly maximize your return via this fashion.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']If anyone has a Walmart with a Bat Cowl left I'll pay cost, tax, shipping, and a little extra. I know my chances of someone doing this are slim, but it doesn't hurt to ask.[/QUOTE]

I checked my walamrt. Sorry no dice. The ops manager said that they didnt get any.

[quote name='kayne2000']on the bright side i enjoyed watching this movie with subtitles i couldnt understand a damn thing Bane said in the theater i thought it was just my hearing impairment but apparently even my non hearing impaired friend couldnt either.

gotta say i really loved the movie the second time around(loved it the first time too). takes some major balls to follow up what is considered the best batman movie with a movie that only has 20-30 minutes of batman on screen time.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I love the dark knight over the 3rd movie. Bane was good, but joker was better.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']How come nobody liked scarecrow.[/QUOTE]

Scarecrow was alright. Wish he was used more in the 3rd film

" You know how I got these scars...."

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']How come nobody liked scarecrow.[/QUOTE]I prefer Ra's Al Neeson, but Begins is my favorite part of the trilogy (though in terms of overall Batman movies it ranks 4th or 5th) and the only live action DC movie I own.

[quote name='The Punisher']Agreed. I love the dark knight over the 3rd movie. Bane was good, but joker was better.[/QUOTE]

indeed. it was a good finale with a solid ending my only real complaint is yes i know catwoman and batman are attracted to each in the batman story but i wish the movie would of explored that and just thrown on an extra 15 minutes.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']How come nobody liked scarecrow.[/QUOTE]

its not that nobody likes scarecrow.....its just Joker hit a few grand slams in movie 2 far and away outclassing everything. and Bane is easily second to joker although what girl whatever her name is plays a solid villian at the end when she is revealed.

[quote name='kayne2000']its not that nobody likes scarecrow.....its just Joker hit a few grand slams in movie 2 far and away outclassing everything. and Bane is easily second to joker although what girl whatever her name is plays a solid villian at the end when she is revealed.[/QUOTE]

I felt that Scarecrow, even with the role he played in TDK was just a bit more than a cameo and definitely just a toss in character in Rises.

I liked both BB and TDK equaliy for different reasons. Rises was my least favorite of the trilogy but was still very good. Still can't get over changing actresses for Rachel. bleh, hate it when they do that.

Talia was her name, daughter of Ras.

[quote name='bob330i']I felt that Scarecrow, even with the role he played in TDK was just a bit more than a cameo and definitely just a toss in character in Rises.

I liked both BB and TDK equaliy for different reasons. Rises was my least favorite of the trilogy but was still very good. Still can't get over changing actresses for Rachel. bleh, hate it when they do that.

Talia was her name, daughter of Ras.[/QUOTE]

they changed rachel actors? i must of been blind to miss that

honestly i dont know which one i liked the best i'd need to a from start to finish marathon. i mean number 2 is likely the winner i mean joker just owned it.

but of no 1 and 3 i dont know. both are great for entirely different reasons. i almost want to say no 3 cause it had to follow no 2 and was just ballsy as hell with its approach and barely any batman in it and did a great job of concluding it but i dont know i'd have to watch no 1 again

tailia yea i thought that was it but couldnt remember

yea scarecrow honestly feels unneccesary in no 3 really. and i am not sure scarecrow was even needed in no 2 but it worked. now that we have seen all three villians again i'd like to watch no 1 and see how scarecrow compares.

ultimately this was a great trilogy and hats off to all involved.

Haha I feel thesameway. TDKR is my least favorite as well.

TDK is my fave. Its intense throughout the entire film, and everything was just done right. It was perfect.

TDKR felt rushed to me. I feel that it could've been better.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Batman Begins was the best imo. It had some of the best moments and Batman's voice wasn't so forced. That gliding sequence in Begins in unforgettable.[/QUOTE]I agree, although I have watched Marvel's films far more often (I have watched Avengers more times than all 3 Batman films combined) and I personally liked several of the animated films more than Begins.

Well I've been quite blessed in my ebay sales this week. Sold an extra 360 FC3 preorder code I had for $18, and just sold my TDKR figurines for $40 with only 3 mins or so left.

Oddly...I got payment for both of those right away to transfer to my bank account. Normally it does the whole 3-7-21 day payment process that ebay does. Wonder why it didn't with these. *hmm*

Anyways...I now have a TDKR combo blu I have no idea what to do with, since I bought the steelbook from BBY. I'm sure I'm gonna get blasted for this..but does anyone know if BBY will take it back for store credit or something? similar to what Walmart does/used to do? A movie this hot, it'll def sell before Christmas even, so its not like they're losing out on anything.

Cause as far as I care, I made back my money for ordering from WB, but have no clue what to do with this Bluray now...would like to put it's worth towards something else.

I don't think BB takes no-receipt returns, even during the holidays. Why not try putting that one on eBay and see what happens?

[quote name='jcp42877']Well I've been quite blessed in my ebay sales this week. Sold an extra 360 FC3 preorder code I had for $18, and just sold my TDKR figurines for $40 with only 3 mins or so left.

Oddly...I got payment for both of those right away to transfer to my bank account. Normally it does the whole 3-7-21 day payment process that ebay does. Wonder why it didn't with these. *hmm*

Anyways...I now have a TDKR combo blu I have no idea what to do with, since I bought the steelbook from BBY. I'm sure I'm gonna get blasted for this..but does anyone know if BBY will take it back for store credit or something? similar to what Walmart does/used to do? A movie this hot, it'll def sell before Christmas even, so its not like they're losing out on anything.

Cause as far as I care, I made back my money for ordering from WB, but have no clue what to do with this Bluray now...would like to put it's worth towards something else.[/QUOTE]

Looks like new blu combo packs are going for $17 plus shipping on eBay, so you'd make around $15 after fees. Or you could try what you're talking about, I don't care, haha. But I think mods will.

[quote name='jcp42877']Well I've been quite blessed in my ebay sales this week. Sold an extra 360 FC3 preorder code I had for $18, and just sold my TDKR figurines for $40 with only 3 mins or so left.

Cause as far as I care, I made back my money for ordering from WB, but have no clue what to do with this Bluray now...would like to put it's worth towards something else.[/QUOTE]

wow man i must have gotten lucky then , my auction for the figures sold for $99.99

I have 3 extra codes for Reborn Documentary from CinemaNow. Best Buy gave me 6 codes (3 from Original receipts and 3 manual override) instead of 3. :/ The winner gets the code. To do this, you must write an essay about what do you like or dislike about The Dark Knight Trilogy or any one of these films, then explain why. Essay must includes a Topic, 3+ paragraphs (Thesis, Body & Conclusion) with 3-pages in length in MS word format. Your essay is due by the end of Christmas. The winner gets the code. Good Luck!

The codes are re-usable. Here's some free ones, feel free to post yours too:

RUV8B2BC2B6
RUVBED44345

Go to Cinemanow.com, select the Redeem code option enter it, sign in or register, link your UV and your done. I had trouble redeeming because I signed in first FYI

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I have 3 extra codes for Reborn Documentary from CinemaNow. Best Buy gave me 6 codes (3 from Original receipts and 3 manual override) instead of 3. :/ The winner gets the code. To do this, you must write an essay about what do you like or dislike about The Dark Knight Trilogy or any one of these films, then explain why. Essay must includes a Topic, 3+ paragraphs (Thesis, Body & Conclusion) with 3-pages in length in MS word format. Your essay is due by the end of Christmas. The winner gets the code. Good Luck![/QUOTE]

Yeah seriously now, iNCREDiPiNOY...I'm all down for making as much $ as I can and getting top value for what I have, but writing essays for these? :lol:

[quote name='ssjmichael']The codes are re-usable. Here's some free ones, feel free to post yours too:

RUV8B2BC2B6
RUVBED44345

Go to Cinemanow.com, select the Redeem code option enter it, sign in or register, link your UV and your done. I had trouble redeeming because I signed in first FYI[/QUOTE]

Damn! Saw these after completing my essay. IncrediPinoy - you better offer a cool steelbook if you still want my essay

What is this 3-7-21 day business?

Just got shipping notification for my limited Bat Cowl sets from amazon...so hopefully no one will get "backordered" or cancel notifications...

[quote name='steve_dave']What is this 3-7-21 day business?[/QUOTE]

The whole deal about getting your money in as soon as 3 days if you print a label, get feedback...7 days if you mark as shipped and print label and 21 days if you don't do any of that and just pussyfoot around.

[quote name='ssjmichael']The codes are re-usable. Here's some free ones, feel free to post yours too:

RUV8B2BC2B6
RUVBED44345

Go to Cinemanow.com, select the Redeem code option enter it, sign in or register, link your UV and your done. I had trouble redeeming because I signed in first FYI[/QUOTE]

Thanks for giving me credit for the RUVBED44345 code. Don't try to claim codes as your own when they aren't. Here is my post of the code: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10255373

This is the first post on the whole internet. I even have the email from Best Buy with the code.

on a side note did anyone watch this?

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Gotham...&qid=1355495828&sr=8-1&keywords=gotham+knight

it got a ton of good reviews but it just felt underwhelming and didnt really link batman begins to the dark knight as it advertises. just a random compilation of batman stories. glad i got it when it was on sale and spent 7-8 dollars on it but doesnt even feel worth that lol. the animation also isnt that great in some areas.

[quote name='mike568']Thanks for giving me credit for the RUVBED44345 code. Don't try to claim codes as your own when they aren't. Here is my post of the code: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10255373

This is the first post on the whole internet. I even have the email from Best Buy with the code.[/QUOTE]

I never claimed them as mine, I found them in a random post at blu-ray.com. Thank you for the code.

[quote name='grrouchie']I received my Cowl 2 days after I ordered it. awesome.
Somehow, I'm now up to 3 Blu Ray's of this movie..... wtf[/QUOTE]

Don't worry I'm sure ur not the only one on here..I have the BB SB, the Target Digibook and now the Batcowl. Close to $100 spent when factoring in tax. But seeing as if all are guaranteed to increase in price, no worries. Plus each one is so bad ass in its own way!

Also got my Batcowl in two days and was super excited it was double boxed, with the main one dedicated to it, some sort of 'hold until release date' box. First collectors item I've got from Amazon in a while that is in perfect condition. My day was totally made! And when I opened it in front of my wife, she wasn't even pissed and I swear her jaw dropped just a little, LOL.

[quote name='token2k6']Don't worry I'm sure ur not the only one on here..I have the BB SB, the Target Digibook and now the Batcowl. Close to $100 spent when factoring in tax. But seeing as if all are guaranteed to increase in price, no worries. Plus each one is so bad ass in its own way!

Also got my Batcowl in two days and was super excited it was double boxed, with the main one dedicated to it, some sort of 'hold until release date' box. First collectors item I've got from Amazon in a while that is in perfect condition. My day was totally made! And when I opened it in front of my wife, she wasn't even pissed and I swear her jaw dropped just a little, LOL.[/QUOTE]

I don't have the Target Digibook, but I'm quite sure I'd Impulse buy the shit out of it if I ran across one.

[quote name='token2k6']Don't worry I'm sure ur not the only one on here..I have the BB SB, the Target Digibook and now the Batcowl. Close to $100 spent when factoring in tax. But seeing as if all are guaranteed to increase in price, no worries. Plus each one is so bad ass in its own way!

Also got my Batcowl in two days and was super excited it was double boxed, with the main one dedicated to it, some sort of 'hold until release date' box. First collectors item I've got from Amazon in a while that is in perfect condition. My day was totally made! And when I opened it in front of my wife, she wasn't even pissed and I swear her jaw dropped just a little, LOL.[/QUOTE]

The one and only movie I can really say I've double dipped was on ET, I bought both with the intention of returning one but kept both. I've picked up a few other movies only because the price over the hassle of swapping a blu-ray over a bad encode was better for me and picking up box sets.

I came close to buying the SB, I love the digibook, the lenticular cover was such a huge selling point for me. If I would have had the other 2 SB I might have picked up TDKR SB, the cowl edition was never for me, after I seen an unboxing video I saw how cheap it looked and knew it wasn't for me.

bread's done
Back