The Dark Knight Rises Exclusive

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Amazon
The Dark Knight Bat Cowl Limited Edition (#/35,000)

Amazon.de (Germany)
The Dark Knight SteelBook - EUR 28,99
51aGmcTWBUL._AA300_.jpg

The Dark Knight Trilogy SteelBook - EUR 54,99
The Dark Knight Bat Cowl Limited Edition

Best Buy
The Dark Knight SteelBook with Reborn - $34.99
The Dark Knight Trilogy - $44.99
The Dark Knight Bat Cowl Limited Edition

Costco
None (Already check-in)

HMV (UK)
The Dark Knight SteelBook - TBA
DKRBLUPRE.JPG

Play.com (UK)
The Christopher Nolan Collection Boxset - £49.99
36871329_500x500_2.jpg

Target
The Dark Knight DigiBook (3D Lenticular) - $24.99 sale (was $31.99)
14199527_Alt01_120928163000.jpg

14199527_120928163000.jpg

The Dark Knight Rises Bat Cowl Limited Edition - $34.99 Online

WalMart
The Dark Knight Rises 2-Disc DVD
The Dark Knight Rises Bat Cowl Limited Edition - $24.96 Online and In-Store (Limited)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just watched the movie the other day. One thing I don't get that I never thought about when it was in theaters is why was he pumping blood into the dead guy and trying to start his hart?

Now back to the disc set, I picked up the steel book from best buy and it said it had the best buy exclusive extras. Was this set only to be a 3 disc set or should I have had another disc in it?

[quote name='sendme']Just watched the movie the other day. One thing I don't get that I never thought about when it was in theaters is why was he pumping blood into the dead guy and trying to start his hart?

Now back to the disc set, I picked up the steel book from best buy and it said it had the best buy exclusive extras. Was this set only to be a 3 disc set or should I have had another disc in it?[/QUOTE]

They are pumping the heart to move the doctors blood through the dead bodies veins. My was guess so after the crash they would i.d. the dead body as the doctors.

[quote name='ajh2298']They are pumping the heart to move the doctors blood through the dead bodies veins. My was guess so after the crash they would i.d. the dead body as the doctors.[/QUOTE]

This

[quote name='GBAstar']You find any pictures of what the set looks like? I really hope it's not a standard blu with some cheap happy meal quality toys.[/QUOTE]

He had the stock photo we all saw when we preordered..so still no news on what it really looks like.

I did see that Canada has a special edition with a little Bane figure that people are selling for $65-70ish, but the bane looked very happy meal ish lol... Maybe the WB one with all 3 figures will prove better than that.

The real tragedy of the movie is they didnt get that french chick to show her cans those things looked frigging huge in that scene at Wayne Manor after they were caught in the rain.

I'm a little disappointed with the WB Shop for two reasons:

1) My WB Shop edition isn't scheduled to arrive until 12/12; 8 days after the movie originally released

2) I ordered two and they are coming in the same shipment and that shipment was rated at just 1lb; that means that each set has to weigh less then 8 oucnes; most likely closer to 5 or 6 ounces a piece to count for packing materials.

I'm going to be surprised if this is anything but happy meal quality.

But... they were cheap enough.

[quote name='GamerDude316']my WB set is coming UPS ground but havent seen an estimated delivery date yet..[/QUOTE]

Did you get an e-mail with a tracking number? If you did, and assuming your shipment has been picked up by UPS then you can go to the UPS website and enter the tracking number and get an estimate.

FWIW these are shipping from Lansing, MI.

[quote name='jcp42877']Really? Mine is going to be delivered tomorrow and weighs 1 lb 10oz. Only ordered one, too.[/QUOTE]

Nope mine definitely says:

Shipped/Billed On:12/06/2012

Type:package

Weight:1.00 lb

Dark Knight Rises, The (WB-SHOP/Blu-ray+DVD+UltraViolet Combo Pack/3Figurines)

Item# 1000344805

Qty: 2

^ maybe they just goofed on the weights? I also though UPS was extremely accurate though in that regard

[quote name='ajh2298']The real tragedy of the movie is they didnt get that french chick to show her cans those things looked frigging huge in that scene at Wayne Manor after they were caught in the rain.[/QUOTE]

They were probably just trying to keep the film kid friendly.

Pro-tip:

Go to google images, turn safesearch off, and search for "Marion Cotillard nude" or "Marion Cotillard topless" or anything of that nature and your Dark Knight Rises wish will be fulfilled 10 times over.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']They were probably just trying to keep the film kid friendly.

Pro-tip:

Go to google images, turn safesearch off, and search for "Marion Cotillard nude" or "Marion Cotillard topless" or anything of that nature and your Dark Knight Rises wish will be fulfilled 10 times over.
[/QUOTE]

When I posted that and than did a Google Image search I was on my work computer so I nothing good showed up.

[quote name='GBAstar']You find any pictures of what the set looks like? I really hope it's not a standard blu with some cheap happy meal quality toys.[/QUOTE]

From what I read on another forum that's exactly what it is. It's just the standard Blu-ray with the figures. There is no box for the entire package even. The figures are separately packed from the Blu-ray. This turned to be a huge disappointment.

[quote name='ecwfan']From what I read on another forum that's exactly what it is. It's just the standard Blu-ray with the figures. There is no box for the entire package even. The figures are separately packed from the Blu-ray. This turned to be a huge disappointment.[/QUOTE]

If you're quoting the post the guy made on bluray.com's forum, I interpreted him saying that it was a letdown compared to the likes of other exclusives such as Inception briefcase, etc. I don't think he actually bought the set because he thought it LOOKED like cheap happy meal toys.

As far as I can tell, NO ONE has any solid info, pics, or anything regarding WB's edition besides the stock photo we've all seen.

I would love it if they were keeping it all hush hush that way when we got it, we would be super impressed.

On the contrary, happy meal quality or not...people are still gonna pay lots of money (at least double the $30 I paid) simply because of it being OOP.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']They were probably just trying to keep the film kid friendly.

Pro-tip:

[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Marion Cotillard is French so she's naked in just about everything else she's done lol. I'm a bit "meh" when it comes to a lot of French films but I highly recommend Holy Motors from this year. Marion isn't in this one, but it is still one of my favorite films of the year.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2076220/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
MV5BODk2MDc4MDk2OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTcyODY1OA@@._V1._SY317_CR1,0,214,317_.jpg

[quote name='jcp42877']If you're quoting the post the guy made on bluray.com's forum, I interpreted him saying that it was a letdown compared to the likes of other exclusives such as Inception briefcase, etc. I don't think he actually bought the set because he thought it LOOKED like cheap happy meal toys.

As far as I can tell, NO ONE has any solid info, pics, or anything regarding WB's edition besides the stock photo we've all seen.

I would love it if they were keeping it all hush hush that way when we got it, we would be super impressed.

On the contrary, happy meal quality or not...people are still gonna pay lots of money (at least double the $30 I paid) simply because of it being OOP.[/QUOTE]

I agree except people aren't going to be willing to pay anything significant for this set if it is just the standard blu-ray/dvd combo that is selling for $18 and some random hasbro toys that could be purchased at Toys R US just thrown in a box. The only way this will have resale value is if something is exclusive.

wow so disappointed with the WB shop order, the 3 figures come loose

its just the regular blu ray version amazon has for $18 and then the 3 figures are separate in happy meal type plastic, dont get your hopes up

im going to try to sell the figures on ebay, not worth keeping them

F291659C-ED7B-4A93-9AAD-350E16DD8E87-6182-000001B189238768.jpg

[quote name='henry00x']wow so disappointed with the WB shop order, the 3 figures come loose

its just the regular blu ray version amazon has for $18 and then the 3 figures are separate in happy meal type plastic, dont get your hopes up

im going to try to sell the figures on ebay, not worth keeping them[/QUOTE]

That's unfortunate. I wonder why WB Shop decided to limit production to 1,000?

As far as I can tell nothing is numbered and the toys didn't look like they were anything special.

Oh well.

added a pic to my post above, really was expecting much more than just the toys being loose thrown in there, i dont even see any numbering on them what a shame

also they are about 2 1/2 inches tall id say

Wowww...... Just opened mine as well. What an UTTER disappointment. To think I could've preordered the Cowl edition for probably less money and that's the one that was going to sell like hot cake on ebay...

Time to make an auction and hope someone is stupid enough to buy..

[quote name='jcp42877']Wowww...... Just opened mine as well. What an UTTER disappointment. To think I could've preordered the Cowl edition for probably less money and that's the one that was going to sell like hot cake on ebay...

Time to make an auction and hope someone is stupid enough to buy..[/QUOTE]

Haha... the only saving grace may be that the plastic says "TDKR Premium" on the plastic of the toys.

I wonder if I'll get a full refund if I refuse my package. I already have a personal copy to watch and I bought this strictly to collect or resell and it seems pretty useless for either of those.

[quote name='GBAstar']Haha... the only saving grace may be that the plastic says "TDKR Premium" on the plastic of the toys.

I wonder if I'll get a full refund if I refuse my package. I already have a personal copy to watch and I bought this strictly to collect or resell and it seems pretty useless for either of those.[/QUOTE]

Yea.... For some reason my order slip in my box says I paid $37.05...when in reality it was $32.05 because I had free shipping. Maybe I'll just return it and ill get the whole amount I spent back...that $5 being a loss on them, since they so stupidly made one of the worst limited editions ever.

I half-expected it to be something like this, but at the same time I was hoping they'd make a package like these since it appears to have the same figures:

Amazon.ca exclusive

a5fcd9213094816.jpg

Walmart Canada exclusive

1203788_Large_1.jpeg

[quote name='henry00x']wow so disappointed with the WB shop order, the 3 figures come loose

im going to try to sell the figures on ebay, not worth keeping them

F291659C-ED7B-4A93-9AAD-350E16DD8E87-6182-000001B189238768.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Whooboy, that's horrible. Sorry to you guys who ordered this.

Even though it doesn't come in any packaging (Really WB?), the figures themselves look much, much better than what you can buy at Target or Toys R Us. Much more movie accurate at least. So collectors still may buy the figures just for that aspect and you can make your money back that way....

EDIT: Looks like they're just mini statues with no articulation either. That really sucks.

Lol, that is some fucked up bullshit. Those figures are undoubtedly not limited to 1k a piece; the only thing that was "limited" was that WB shop would only be selling 1,000 bundles of the movie combo and these happy meal toys together...at least in this go round. I would definitely sell them on eBay posthaste, and if there's an entry for this "bundle" on amazon, you might as well throw it up there as well with some ridiculous asking price.

[quote name='GamerDude316']I just checked Amazon...the cowl edition is going for $195? REALLY???[/QUOTE]

People are fucking idiots.

[quote name='Josef']People are fucking idiots.[/QUOTE]

+1

I guess it's smart on Warners part, put a sticker numbering the sets to ensure they sell out and don't go on clearance like the Bat Pod. If this was made much better or I wish it was a stand with the cracked mask it would have been so much better. If there is one thing I've learned movie aficionados are more OCD than gamers!!!!

If anyone has a Walmart with a Bat Cowl left I'll pay cost, tax, shipping, and a little extra. I know my chances of someone doing this are slim, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I currently have my WB Shop edition for $75 or $120 buyitnow...have a couple "watchers" but no activity yet...

I feel like this thing isn't gonna sell for anything and I'd honestly get MORE just shipping it back lol

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']If anyone has a Walmart with a Bat Cowl left I'll pay cost, tax, shipping, and a little extra. I know my chances of someone doing this are slim, but it doesn't hurt to ask.[/QUOTE]

I think the Batpod is better then this bat cowl, but that's me.
Lucky I got one for $9.99 when blockbuster was closing down.

I will try to see if I can find one this weekend when I go to walmart, but dont keep your hopes up since people think walmart always carry the lowest prices.

[quote name='The Punisher']I think the Batpod is better then this bat cowl, but that's me.
Lucky I got one for $9.99 when blockbuster was closing down.

I will try to see if I can find one this weekend when I go to walmart, but dont keep your hopes up since people think walmart always carry the lowest prices.[/QUOTE]

Thanks and no worries.

You guys really couldnt have expected these to be 8 inch figures right?? From the pics you could see that they were gonna be fairly small

[quote name='merchie89']You guys really couldnt have expected these to be 8 inch figures right?? From the pics you could see that they were gonna be fairly small[/QUOTE]

I could've cared less about the size...I was just at least expecting one of the following:

All in one box with cool artwork
Numbered
Moveable articulation
NOT looking like they just came out of a happy meal. All that's missing is the little paper manual showing what they DON'T do...

[quote name='henry00x']im going to just sell the figures and keep the movie, if i get $20 for the figures ill be happy and call it a day[/QUOTE]

While I WAS planning on keeping the movie a few days ago, I decided to get the BBY steelbook to match my collection instead because I ASSUMED this thing was gonna be the shit and I could resell it easily.

I've got 5 days on my auction. If it hasn't sold by then, back to WB it goes for my $32 back.

Good luck jcp, and honestly I don't think expecting at least some sort of decent unique packaging of all three figs together or with the movie is too much to ask. I mean fuck, just a sealed plastic bag with "TDKR premium bane/batman/cat woman" on each, if that's premium I'd hate to see basic/regular.

So are these like hero clix figure size?

Love how the bags also prominently indicate the origin, obviously required but man is that ridiculous...manufactured in dongguan Guangdong china. I assume the first location is the city and the second is the state/province (too lazy to look it up), but aren't the names the inverse of each other?

I say if you got one of the best buy exclusive versions that's great, and if you were lucky enough to get the cowl even better, but no way in hell should anyone pay more than msrp for it. At a "limited" production of 35,000 these will be readily available on the secondary market. There will be opportunities in the future to acquire these at a reasonable price I have no doubt

From what I can make out of the pictures, these look like the figures that usually come with the special BB releases of the DC Animated Films. So these will probably appeal to collectors who have those figures.

[quote name='karkyco']Good luck jcp, and honestly I don't think expecting at least some sort of decent unique packaging of all three figs together or with the movie is too much to ask. I mean fuck, just a sealed plastic bag with "TDKR premium bane/batman/cat woman" on each, if that's premium I'd hate to see basic/regular.

So are these like hero clix figure size?

Love how the bags also prominently indicate the origin, obviously required but man is that ridiculous...manufactured in dongguan Guangdong china. I assume the first location is the city and the second is the state/province (too lazy to look it up), but aren't the names the inverse of each other?

I say if you got one of the best buy exclusive versions that's great, and if you were lucky enough to get the cowl even better, but no way in hell should anyone pay more than msrp for it. At a "limited" production of 35,000 these will be readily available on the secondary market. There will be opportunities in the future to acquire these at a reasonable price I have no doubt[/QUOTE]

Appreciate it man. I honestly wouldn't mind selling it to another CAG who seriously wanted one to keep, for like $45-50 shipped. I'm just looking for any alternative at this point lol.

Anybody have luck selling their WB sets yet? Mine gets here tomorrow, debating if its worth the effort to try and resell or if I should just return it.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Anybody have luck selling their WB sets yet? Mine gets here tomorrow, debating if its worth the effort to try and resell or if I should just return it.[/QUOTE]
I want to buy your catwoman figurine, so that I can put it in the actual boxset from either Amazon.ca or Walmart.ca exclusives.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Anybody have luck selling their WB sets yet? Mine gets here tomorrow, debating if its worth the effort to try and resell or if I should just return it.[/QUOTE]

i listed an auction for just the 3 figures, its currently up to $26 with 10 watchers , have 1day 18hrs left

id say you can get your $ back just by selling the figures and get the movie for free, good enough for me.

bread's done
Back