The Dark Knight Rises Exclusive

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Amazon
The Dark Knight Bat Cowl Limited Edition (#/35,000)

Amazon.de (Germany)
The Dark Knight SteelBook - EUR 28,99
51aGmcTWBUL._AA300_.jpg

The Dark Knight Trilogy SteelBook - EUR 54,99
The Dark Knight Bat Cowl Limited Edition

Best Buy
The Dark Knight SteelBook with Reborn - $34.99
The Dark Knight Trilogy - $44.99
The Dark Knight Bat Cowl Limited Edition

Costco
None (Already check-in)

HMV (UK)
The Dark Knight SteelBook - TBA
DKRBLUPRE.JPG

Play.com (UK)
The Christopher Nolan Collection Boxset - £49.99
36871329_500x500_2.jpg

Target
The Dark Knight DigiBook (3D Lenticular) - $24.99 sale (was $31.99)
14199527_Alt01_120928163000.jpg

14199527_120928163000.jpg

The Dark Knight Rises Bat Cowl Limited Edition - $34.99 Online

WalMart
The Dark Knight Rises 2-Disc DVD
The Dark Knight Rises Bat Cowl Limited Edition - $24.96 Online and In-Store (Limited)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Taco5']Yea, I got an e-mail last night saying that could not fulfill my order and they canceled it. Luckily I was able to get two in store in the a.m.[/QUOTE]You are so lucky...

Amazon's price just dropped to $17.xx

Just got my refund notice

Still haven't received my release day shipping copy yet :whistle2:(

[quote name='dstan']If anybody ends up deciding to sell a Cowl copy let me know, Wal-Mart online "oversold" and I got screwed out of what I assumed was a guaranteed pre-order.

Yeah, I'm pretty damn salty about it at the moment.[/QUOTE]

PM Sent

If anyone else has an extra copy of the LE cowl edition that they would like to sell or trade for please let me know. Some douche wanted to fight me for it at WM (although I think he was only half joking). I was with my kid so I didn't want to be a bad example over something that cost $25. Though this was a hard pill to swallow because I don't think there is another one within me for miles.

[quote name='Hulkamaniac418']Just an update: The Cowl edition is bidding up to $150 on eBay. ;)[/QUOTE]

Not sure where you are seeing that, most completed actual sold listings, are hitting right around 100.

I was able to get Target to match Wal Mart's price for the digibook. Best Buy wouldn't let me price match because they said one was a BB exclusive and the Wal Mart was just a regular edition. I figured I would try. Not sure if I am going to keep the steelbook. I got my Cowl LE yesterday from Amazon (thank goodness I didn't cancel my order like I thought I did). Had one pre-ordered from Wal Mart as well, but received my cancellation notice from them last night. At least I got one.

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']If anyone can grab me a copy of the BatCowl LE if they see one, I'll pay for shipping + extra for the hassle.[/QUOTE]

Still looking for one.

my Bat cowl order from BB is apparently being prepared so it looks promising that I'll be getting one. As soon as they charge my card I'll be calling them up to PM walmart

Received my copy of DKR is the mail today...After hearing all the bad CAG experiences with ordering online my steelbook came out perfect surprisingly......Now to cross my fingers again on my copy of Superman Returns Steelbook

I went to the 3 largest walmarts today because I was curious about all the "cowl" talk. Only 1 walmart got a single "cowl" edition yesterday while the other 2 walmarts didn't receive any cowl editions at all. I have a feeling that most walmarts in the U.S. didn't get any cowls and the ones that did only got a few at best.

[quote name='PublikDefender']I went to the 3 largest walmarts today because I was curious about all the "cowl" talk. Only 1 walmart got a single "cowl" edition yesterday while the other 2 walmarts didn't receive any cowl editions at all. I have a feeling that most walmarts in the U.S. didn't get any cowls and the ones that did only got a few at best.[/QUOTE]

I went to 3 and called 6, all of them were sold out or didn't get them. The 3 I went to, only 2 got them in, 1 store got 1 and the other got 2. The other 6 I called were sold out.

[quote name='henry00x']anyone receive shipping notice on their WB shop order yet, this is a bit ridiculous[/QUOTE]

Nope. Nothing yet. Still "In Process"

A worker at Walmart dug two of the cowls out of the back last night from me at the super mega ghetto Walmart...she had spent about half an hour back there. Sorry guys they are both claimed.

BTW make sure if you're going for the Best Buy exclusive Trilogy versions you check very carefully, only difference I could tell was the "Best Buy Exclusive" sticker on the lower left (opposite the UltraViolet sticker) on the front, as well as the UPC code and probably some miscellaneous change in the information on the back. Stores are completely out of all of the Best Buy exclusive trilogy versions blu and DVD as well as almost out of the steelbook surprisingly.

Targets have a TON of the digibook versions though.

I just dont see the value in $250 for this.

All of it is plastic? (not sure) but if so, that is crazy. Id spend $250 on two new TVs before I buy a plastic stand

Bought the steelbook edition from Best Buy. They had plenty. Also saw they had one copy left of Planet Earth on blu ray for 20 bucks. Grabbed that too. Even though I have it already on dvd. Blu Ray is sweet beans.

I honestly wouldn't value the word of an employee about them not having any Cowl Editions. I called around a few stores today and a Wal-Mart that said they didn't have any had one left, in actuality.

I know this because my mom happened to be at that Wal-Mart after I called, and having known of my plight called me to ask if I wanted it. I responded with an affirmative on that. :whistle2:D

[quote name='merchie89']I just dont see the value in $250 for this.

All of it is plastic? (not sure) but if so, that is crazy. Id spend $250 on two new TVs before I buy a plastic stand[/QUOTE]

Do not underestimate Nolan fanboys. Remember that these same people likely blasted reviewers when they gave the movie anything less than A+++ when first being released.

[quote name='henry00x']got shipping confirmation from my wbshop order just a few mins ago[/QUOTE]

How is it shipping (which method)?

I was hoping the "first class" that was on my order details was just a placeholder... and that in actuality the weight forced these to go some other method because as I mentioned earlier I don't have high hopes for the quality if they can get two movies with the action figures to qualify for first class (13oz or less)

[quote name='GBAstar']How is it shipping (which method)?

I was hoping the "first class" that was on my order details was just a placeholder... and that in actuality the weight forced these to go some other method because as I mentioned earlier I don't have high hopes for the quality if they can get two movies with the action figures to qualify for first class (13oz or less)[/QUOTE]

Ups ground

Urgh, in a dilemma now.

So, I preordered both the WBShop exclusive (which I plan to keep sealed) and the DVD trilogy, since I dont have a Blu-Ray player, for $14.94 OOP after some credit (which I will need to adjust since the price went from $19.96 to $17.96 it looks like) figuring that the the box art looked nice and the 64 page book excerpt seemed pretty good for that price.

Then, today after work I swung by my small-town Walmart to see if any Cowl editions were left and of course they were gone, but while browsing the electronics section I saw a "Walmart Exclusive" 2-disc DVD edition that has the extra features including the Batmobile special for $17.96. So now I am thinking of returning the DVD trilogy set from Amazon and just picking this up instead.

My question, fellow CAGs, is are the extras worth picking up now, or should I just stick with my DVD trilogy set and accept not watching the extras? I dont have a Blu-Ray player.

Appreciate any advice!

EDIT: I am currently chatting with Amazon CS to get my DVD trilogy set adjusted from $19.96 to $17.96 and she is telling me they dont do price matches....

stop buying DVD's (save your money) and buy a blu-ray player. It is 2012; you can get one with smart features for like $60 if you browse slickdeals or other deal sites

[quote name='henry00x']cant wait to get my wbshop version, very curious to see how figures are packaged[/QUOTE]

Me too man...there's so many possibilities. They could me those $8.99-11.99 deluxe figures you can find in any toy store, or actual LIMITED figures just for this movie package.

I'm more curious to know how everything will be boxed. If the figured are separate or all in some nicely done artwork box with the movie behind them. The latter would definitely net a pretty penny to diehard fans.

Unlike the Inception limited edition, all we saw of this was the stock Bluray combo and the figures out of box in front... The anticipation is killing me. I almost want to avoid this thread until I get mine so I don't have to see "what a pile of crap!" From everyone if the edition is not good.

[quote name='nedstark']I am wondering what do you guys do with all those dvds form the bluray combo packs I have so many lolo[/QUOTE]

I sometimes either sell them or give them to friends. Eh, maybe the case looks weird with an empty disc slot, but I find the money I make to be well worth the offset of the price I originally paid. Example: I paid $19.99 for avengers 5-disc edition...sold the 3D disc only for $12. Boom!

[quote name='merchie89']I just dont see the value in $250 for this.

All of it is plastic? (not sure) but if so, that is crazy. Id spend $250 on two new TVs before I buy a plastic stand[/QUOTE]

Its Batman... what's there to understand??

[quote name='nedstark']I am wondering what do you guys do with all those dvds form the bluray combo packs I have so many lolo[/QUOTE]I have begun to sell the discs I won't need (like the 3D discs) and combine like series into one case, such as fitting all the Toy Story films in the TS3 case or putting Spider-Man 1 and the Deluxe Edition DVD in my Amazing Spider-Man Steelbook.

[quote name='DNukem170']Do not underestimate Nolan fanboys. Remember that these same people likely blasted reviewers when they gave the movie anything less than A+++ when first being released.[/QUOTE]

while it is batman(which makes anything instantly cool) and these movies are certainly AAA+++ quality i still do not see the value of this cowl set. honestly had i even remotely thought i could get 100 dollars for i would of been at wal mart at 10 PM waiting and splurging. seriously wtf is so great about it beyond its cool and its batman. 250 dollars worth??? yea i am dying a little inside knowing this.

[quote name='Hulkamaniac418']http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Dark-Kn...?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item2325e50005

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Dark-Kn...?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item19d73ed9bc[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ssjmichael']This one sold for $250, apparently because it's #2,000.... like that matters

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-DARK-KN...?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item2578719419[/QUOTE]

facepalming so hard right now

If anyone has a Walmart with a Bat Cowl left I'll pay cost, tax, shipping, and a little extra. I know my chances of someone doing this are slim, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']If anyone has a Walmart with a Bat Cowl left I'll pay cost, tax, shipping, and a little extra. I know my chances of someone doing this are slim, but it doesn't hurt to ask.[/QUOTE]

I will check a more rural one for you since the one I work at is sold out.

[quote name='clonesniper666']I will check a more rural one for you since the one I work at is sold out.[/QUOTE]

If you have the chance, I'd really appreciate it.

I was perusing ebay just to see if I could find anyone who prematurely put their WBShop Edition on there, and only found one person. Someone in the UK who apparently bought 3 and had them all for 70 GBP (roughly $112 U.S.) buyitnow. It showed 2 of them sold for that, so that was his last one.

Looks like us few 1,000 may have a nice payday similar to Cowl owners, should we choose to sell.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']If you have the chance, I'd really appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

No luck at the Walmart next to my College. Hopefully you will find one for clos to original price.

[quote name='jcp42877']I was perusing ebay just to see if I could find anyone who prematurely put their WBShop Edition on there, and only found one person. Someone in the UK who apparently bought 3 and had them all for 70 GBP (roughly $112 U.S.) buyitnow. It showed 2 of them sold for that, so that was his last one.

Looks like us few 1,000 may have a nice payday similar to Cowl owners, should we choose to sell.[/QUOTE]

You find any pictures of what the set looks like? I really hope it's not a standard blu with some cheap happy meal quality toys.

bread's done
Back