The Dark Knight Rises Exclusive

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Amazon
The Dark Knight Bat Cowl Limited Edition (#/35,000)

Amazon.de (Germany)
The Dark Knight SteelBook - EUR 28,99
51aGmcTWBUL._AA300_.jpg

The Dark Knight Trilogy SteelBook - EUR 54,99
The Dark Knight Bat Cowl Limited Edition

Best Buy
The Dark Knight SteelBook with Reborn - $34.99
The Dark Knight Trilogy - $44.99
The Dark Knight Bat Cowl Limited Edition

Costco
None (Already check-in)

HMV (UK)
The Dark Knight SteelBook - TBA
DKRBLUPRE.JPG

Play.com (UK)
The Christopher Nolan Collection Boxset - £49.99
36871329_500x500_2.jpg

Target
The Dark Knight DigiBook (3D Lenticular) - $24.99 sale (was $31.99)
14199527_Alt01_120928163000.jpg

14199527_120928163000.jpg

The Dark Knight Rises Bat Cowl Limited Edition - $34.99 Online

WalMart
The Dark Knight Rises 2-Disc DVD
The Dark Knight Rises Bat Cowl Limited Edition - $24.96 Online and In-Store (Limited)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the steelbook, the trilogy set, and the bat cowl edition. I think I may have overboard when I know I'll just rebuy it later on when the rumored ultimate box set or whatever is released.

[quote name='Navex']Unless you like this kinda stuff, I'd just save money and get the regular Blu-Ray opposed to the Cowl edition. I don't know if the standard includes a DVD copy like the cowl does but apart from that possibly the features are the same. I was expecting it to be way more fancy than what it was; I thought they'd go with something at least a little better than the generic cheap plastic the cowl/stand is made out of. The disc case annoys the hell out of me too. I had thought this edition would come with a cowl w/stand and a separate blu-ray box that had the movie but it's this round thing that holds 3 discs inside.[/QUOTE]

Crap, I was hoping there was a regular blu-ray case in there. I just got the cowl edition at Walmart for $25...thought my son would think the cowl would be cool to put in his room. Now i'm having second thoughts.

[quote name='Navex']Unless you like this kinda stuff, I'd just save money and get the regular Blu-Ray opposed to the Cowl edition. I don't know if the standard includes a DVD copy like the cowl does but apart from that possibly the features are the same. I was expecting it to be way more fancy than what it was; I thought they'd go with something at least a little better than the generic cheap plastic the cowl/stand is made out of. The disc case annoys the hell out of me too. I had thought this edition would come with a cowl w/stand and a separate blu-ray box that had the movie but it's this round thing that holds 3 discs inside.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the Lion King Trilogy 3D set that came in that cardboard drum and holders for each disc but no actual case. Pass on this one too! Thanks.

I simply do not understand the reasoning behind steel books and why they are such a big deal. They're just a metal case with the exact same things I side. Could someone enlighten me?

Aha...so I'm currently in the BBY customer service line right now picking up FC3, and found this quite funny. I look over to TDKR display stand and see a guy comparing the combo Blu and steelbook Blu...he then attempts to take the slipcover off the combo and cover the steelbook with it. Lo and behold, it doesn't fit and his face seems a bit pissed. He just grabbed the combo and walked away haha

[quote name='thundarr']I simply do not understand the reasoning behind steel books and why they are such a big deal. They're just a metal case with the exact same things I side. Could someone enlighten me?[/QUOTE]

You're pretty much right. In this case the Steelbook also has a documentary included.

I was at BB this morning and had a change of heart and decided not to get the steelbook. At least not at $25. Wish I had gotten the $10 RZ Certificate some have been reporting.

Alright, so quick question for some of you...

How is the Trilogy packaged? Is it separate cases, or fold out, or something else?

I'm just a little torn since I have the BB and DK steelbooks but only paid $5 for them. So now I am debating just spending the few extra bucks on the Trilogy and then selling the steelbooks for $5-$10 a piece on Amazon or Ebay (really don't care how much considering I essentially only paid $5 a piece since it was during Upgrade and Save and had the movie cash). Or possibly getting the trilogy now and waiting until another Upgrade and Save and the hope the steelbook drops.

[quote name='thundarr']I simply do not understand the reasoning behind steel books and why they are such a big deal. They're just a metal case with the exact same things I side. Could someone enlighten me?[/QUOTE]

Because they look cool. Yeah, yeah, yeah, the movie is the same, but some people like having a cool case in their collection. Same reason people complain about gamestop gutting games and selling them with missing manuals, some people just like that type of stuff.

[quote name='WV Matsui']My BB has about 35 TDKR steelbooks[/QUOTE]
Yeah, these aren't rare at all. I was even able to get a PM to Amazon for $17.96 this morning on my steel with no questions asked! :D

Collectors buy stuff because it looks cool. No other reason is needed.

[quote name='Jodou']Yeah, these aren't rare at all. I was even able to get a PM to Amazon for $17.96 this morning on my steel with no questions asked! :D[/QUOTE]

??? Can you explain to me exactly how that worked? Not trying to call you out or anything, never had BB price match a online deal for me, let alone a amazon marketplace deal (not seeing directly sold from amazon)

My steelbook has some stupid chip marks and shit I am thinking of exchanging it think best buy will do it, their policy says they can

[quote name='thundarr']I simply do not
understand the reasoning behind steel books and why they are such a big deal. They're just a metal case with the exact same things I side. Could someone enlighten me?[/QUOTE]
Its better than a plastic box because it is steel :D and it comes with an extra Documentary and cool art on the cover and inside cover, it is worth the extra $5 in my opinion

struck out on the Digibook, can't believe they went so fast at Target...then BB said they were only selling the Cowl edition online, so no-go there. Two Wal-Marts said they sold out at midnight with them..Giving up with the hunt, sticking with just the BB SB..guess the bright side is I get to keep $50 in my pocket..but the Cowl edition is already listing for $90 on eBay..would have been damn nice to get.

[quote name='nedstark']My steelbook has some stupid chip marks and shit I am thinking of exchanging it think best buy will do it, their policy says they can[/QUOTE]

yeah, no reason at all why you couldn't do this if the stock is there. Policy is on open movies, you get the same exact copy. They're supposed to open the one they give you, but sometimes they don't..so maybe an extra UV code in it for you!

[quote name='Jodou']Yeah, these aren't rare at all. I was even able to get a PM to Amazon for $17.96 this morning on my steel with no questions asked! :D[/QUOTE]

That may be, but all 5 people in front of me in line had the SB in hand at the store I went to and they were going fast. They won't last past Friday. Take any exclusive BB SB, they aren't there the following week..

[quote name='token2k6']struck out on the Digibook, can't believe they went so fast at Target...then BB said they were only selling the Cowl edition online, so no-go there. Two Wal-Marts said they sold out at midnight with them..Giving up with the hunt, sticking with just the BB SB..guess the bright side is I get to keep $50 in my pocket..but the Cowl edition is already listing for $90 on eBay..would have been damn nice to get.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat, but are these really that rare or did people just buy them like crazy? I was looking on Wal-Mart.com and noticed they have the limited edition Dark Knight Blu -Ray that came with the bat-pod for $25. Huge Batman fan but and would love to have this, just not sure if it will be super rare or not.

Pretty disappointed in the digibook. I should have researched better. The lenticular is really nice and there's a couple of shots from the film that are printed very nice, but then there's just a few prints of pretty crappy concept art and the comic which is a lazy comic version of the Bane plane scene. No essays or character bios or new info on the film that I appreciate and expect from other digibooks.

I wish I would have gotten the steelbook. :(

[quote name='token2k6']

That may be, but all 5 people in front of me in line had the SB in hand at the store I went to and they were going fast. They won't last past Friday. Take any exclusive BB SB, they aren't there the following week..[/QUOTE]

Are you so sure? I am a bit skeptical, seeing as how pretty much any movie that came out with an "exclusive" steelbook at BBY, is still at my local store: Wrath of the titans, green lantern, Inception, gran Torino, etc..

[quote name='jcp42877']Are you so sure? I am a bit skeptical, seeing as how pretty much any movie that came out with an "exclusive" steelbook at BBY, is still at my local store: Wrath of the titans, green lantern, Inception, gran Torino, etc..[/QUOTE]

They still have the Batman Begins and Dark Knight Exclusive Steel Books in stock online as well.

batmangi.jpg

Well thats it for me. No need for Batcowl version. Stopped by Target 30 min after they opened and they had only 1 Digibook in the electronics section and about 12-15 copies on a display in the front lanes. Drove over to BB and they had a LOT of steelbooks (probably about 30-40).

[quote name='jcp42877']Are you so sure? I am a bit skeptical, seeing as how pretty much any movie that came out with an "exclusive" steelbook at BBY, is still at my local store: Wrath of the titans, green lantern, Inception, gran Torino, etc..[/QUOTE]

[quote name='blazenumb1']They still have the Batman Begins and Dark Knight Exclusive Steel Books in stock online as well.[/QUOTE]

jcp - first, you are referring to what I believe were mass produced SB's to be sold at a low price ($9.99) to entice 'suckers' to come in and grab them, I even believe they were generated for Fathers Day / graduation. Sure hardcore collectors picked them up, but the titles were so 'meh' that they didn't fly off the shelf.

blazenumb - again, there was the first round of the two Batman films with the aforementioned titles with movie cash, then I believe they put even more out last month, without the movie cash (even a different sku for both) to generate hype for DKR and pump them out at $9.99 all day long.

My comments are generally towards the big blockbuster Tuesday BB Exclusive SB releases, Amazing Spiderman, Men In Black 3 are gone and haven't been out for a month (hell MiB 3 just last week). I remember the very first was Hurt Locker, went to 3 stores to find one and now goes for $100 on eBay. Then came Salt which was off the shelf by the days end. Since then, its been stuff like Safe House, Underworld Awakening, a few others that were all gone by Tuesday the next week, I guarantee it. This DKR is blowing up so fast, I really don't think the copies will last, especially since its at a nice price point and pretty sweet cover..

[quote name='token2k6']jcp - first, you are referring to what I believe were mass produced SB's to be sold at a low price ($9.99) to entice 'suckers' to come in and grab them, I even believe they were generated for Fathers Day / graduation. Sure hardcore collectors picked them up, but the titles were so 'meh' that they didn't fly off the shelf.

blazenumb - again, there was the first round of the two Batman films with the aforementioned titles with movie cash, then I believe they put even more out last month, without the movie cash (even a different sku for both) to generate hype for DKR and pump them out at $9.99 all day long.

My comments are generally towards the big blockbuster Tuesday BB Exclusive SB releases, Amazing Spiderman, Men In Black 3 are gone and haven't been out for a month (hell MiB 3 just last week). I remember the very first was Hurt Locker, went to 3 stores to find one and now goes for $100 on eBay. Then came Salt which was off the shelf by the days end. Since then, its been stuff like Safe House, Underworld Awakening, a few others that were all gone by Tuesday the next week, I guarantee it. This DKR is blowing up so fast, I really don't think the copies will last, especially since its at a nice price point and pretty sweet cover..[/QUOTE]

I would agree with you to an extent... Amazing Spiderman I definitely wouldn't say is rare though. As of last week, they had about 30+ at one of my stores. As for Safe House, I'm not sure how many stores had to begin with, but I know the store closest to me only had 5 or so for starters, so being sold out of those isn't saying much. Underworld I am still seeing in stores as well. The others I either haven't seen. I think it has more to do with the actual stock than the rarity. It should be a given that any movie released in a SB where the store only gets 5-10 is going to be out quickly... Highly doubt that will be the case with DKR.

Oh and as for the titles being 'meh' for mass produced SBs back in June... I would definitely have to disagree with that. Especially considering 6 (7 if you count Dark Knight) of them are IMDB top 25 movies.

[quote name='mvp828']I would agree with you to an extent... Amazing Spiderman I definitely wouldn't say is rare though. As of last week, they had about 30+ at one of my stores. As for Safe House, I'm not sure how many stores had to begin with, but I know the store closest to me only had 5 or so for starters, so being sold out of those isn't saying much. Underworld I am still seeing in stores as well. The others I either haven't seen. I think it has more to do with the actual stock than the rarity. It should be a given that any movie released in a SB where the store only gets 5-10 is going to be out quickly... Highly doubt that will be the case with DKR.

Oh and as for the titles being 'meh' for mass produced SBs back in June... I would definitely have to disagree with that. Especially considering 6 (7 if you count Dark Knight) of them are IMDB top 25 movies.[/QUOTE]

haha, I knew I'd take some flack on the 'meh' part, especially with Inception and the Batman movies being on there. Maybe I should have phrased it like 'older movies being re-released' or something..

and you raise all good points on the rarity issue! I guess its different for all parts of the country..

[quote name='token2k6']jcp - first, you are referring to what I believe were mass produced SB's to be sold at a low price ($9.99) to entice 'suckers' to come in and grab them, I even believe they were generated for Fathers Day / graduation. Sure hardcore collectors picked them up, but the titles were so 'meh' that they didn't fly off the shelf.

My comments are generally towards the big blockbuster Tuesday BB Exclusive SB releases, Amazing Spiderman, Men In Black 3 are gone and haven't been out for a month (hell MiB 3 just last week). I remember the very first was Hurt Locker, went to 3 stores to find one and now goes for $100 on eBay. Then came Salt which was off the shelf by the days end. Since then, its been stuff like Safe House, Underworld Awakening, a few others that were all gone by Tuesday the next week, I guarantee it. This DKR is blowing up so fast, I really don't think the copies will last, especially since its at a nice price point and pretty sweet cover..[/QUOTE]

Well, I suppose you are def right on a few points. I might go back later today and just pick up a SB for safe keeping until my WBShop exclusive gets here since I KNOW it's just the combo Blu with the exclusive figures. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep that one or sell it, since it only had 1,000. I have the other 2 Batmans on SB, so might as well get it for this one too...just in case I want to sell it one day, they'll be in a SB set.

Sad to say this place is a breath of fresh air compared to the game section it seems everyone is an adult in the movie area and everyone in the gaming area is a whiny baby. Thank you all

Picked up the last SB today from my BB very happy to have the entire collection in SB form.

[quote name='bjstucker']Sad to say this place is a breath of fresh air compared to the game section it seems everyone is an adult in the movie area and everyone in the gaming area is a whiny baby. Thank you all.[/QUOTE]

Which is mostly why I hang out here now :)

Just returned from my local Walmart- they had one Cowl Blu-ray left, so I snagged it for $25. Too bad they won't adjust the price of the first Cowl set I bought from them last week on walmart.com for $10 more!

[quote name='jcp42877']Aha...so I'm currently in the BBY customer service line right now picking up FC3, and found this quite funny. I look over to TDKR display stand and see a guy comparing the combo Blu and steelbook Blu...he then attempts to take the slipcover off the combo and cover the steelbook with it. Lo and behold, it doesn't fit and his face seems a bit pissed. He just grabbed the combo and walked away haha[/QUOTE]

lol what a tool

[quote name='cbulas1']Just returned from my local Walmart- they had one Cowl Blu-ray left, so I snagged it for $25. Too bad they won't adjust the price of the first Cowl set I bought from them last week on walmart.com for $10 more![/QUOTE]

Congrats. This morning I checked Walmart, Best Buy, and Target, and all three said they never got any of the cowl limited edition blurays in stock. I'm happy with my BB steelbook, but I would have bought both. I should have held on to my Amazon preorder of the cowl edition.

Had to go to Wal-Mart and luckily they had one sitting on the top shelf of the new releases of the BatCowl LE. Obviously grabbed it even though originally I was going for the steelbook at BB. Thinking I may still get the steelbook since I have the other two in steelbook form as well. Spending $50 for a movie, blah...

[quote name='blazenumb1']I'm in the same boat, but are these really that rare or did people just buy them like crazy? I was looking on Wal-Mart.com and noticed they have the limited edition Dark Knight Blu -Ray that came with the bat-pod for $25. Huge Batman fan but and would love to have this, just not sure if it will be super rare or not.[/QUOTE]My local FYE had had that (and some Spiderman 3 Sandman statues) in stock for months and months. Actually, they have about 50-60 copies of Dark Knight in various forms.

Thinking about picking up a Steelbook solely to sell on eBay. Already own Begins so I am good.

Lulz. I'm so confused about which version to buy. Really too much for me to handle!

BB Steelbook: $25, comes with extra documentary
Target Digibook: $25, comes with mini comic and some stills
Broken Cowl: $25 or $35, comes with broken cowl display, the movies are stored in some tin-looking thing that is not the size of a case. Apparently may be quite rare
WB Shop Ultimate: NLA - comes with action figures
Regular: $18, comes with dvd, blu, digital copy

I see everyone saying the Best Buy Steelbook comes with an extra documentary. Is this on the special features disc, or is this the one you need to watch online?

[quote name='SyxxHallNash']I see everyone saying the Best Buy Steelbook comes with an extra documentary. Is this on the special features disc, or is this the one you need to watch online?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it's on the disc. The only code is for the Ultraviolet copy, so unless the documentary is on there, I'm guessing it's on the special features disc.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']I'm pretty sure it's on the disc. The only code is for the Ultraviolet copy, so unless the documentary is on there, I'm guessing it's on the special features disc.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't it make more sense that the documentary is on a separate disc from a manufacturing perspective? The Blu Ray discs themselves should be the same from regular to the other editions...

[quote name='SyxxHallNash']I see everyone saying the Best Buy Steelbook comes with an extra documentary. Is this on the special features disc, or is this the one you need to watch online?[/QUOTE]

Its online. I got a code on my receipt to redeem it and they also emailed code

[quote name='ThunderChunky62']Its online. I got a code on my receipt to redeem it and they also emailed code[/QUOTE]

Ah, I didn't look at the receipt. That would explain it.

EDIT: Actually, it's not on my reciept. I guess I'm calling Best Buy.

[quote name='MrSneis']Wouldn't it make more sense that the documentary is on a separate disc from a manufacturing perspective? The Blu Ray discs themselves should be the same from regular to the other editions...[/QUOTE]

The extra (Dark Knight Reborn) is 100% confirmed to be on the special features disc

I just watched the Dark Knight Reborn which is on the disc. Pretty stupid honestly. 50% of it just reused the clips from the other special features on the disc. Overall though, the special features are awesome

I asked about The Dark Knight Reborn doc because you get a code to download it when you preordered. I really don't like watching things on my computer monitor though so I'm glad to hear it's on the disc. Guess this was just a way to watch it early.

Anyone who ordered from WB get a shipping confirmation yet?

Saw $32 was deducted from my account yesterday..I thought "cool, it's getting ready to ship and they've charged my card"

Check this morning and the $32 was credited back to my account. I swear, WB has been the most sketchy place I've personally ordered from. I preorder and get no order status to this date...CS calls like 2 weeks later just to confirm my address and claims the order is STILL active, even though I cannot see the details of that myself...then they charge my card, then negate the charge.

Very confusing to me.

[quote name='jcp42877']Anyone who ordered from WB get a shipping confirmation yet?

Saw $32 was deducted from my account yesterday..I thought "cool, it's getting ready to ship and they've charged my card"

Check this morning and the $32 was credited back to my account. I swear, WB has been the most sketchy place I've personally ordered from. I preorder and get no order status to this date...CS calls like 2 weeks later just to confirm my address and claims the order is STILL active, even though I cannot see the details of that myself...then they charge my card, then negate the charge.

Very confusing to me.[/QUOTE]

You're confused...

I purchased two from the wbshop in a single order. I got charged yesterday but when I tracked my order it still said "in process" on the details page yet for shipping method it said:

"First Class Mail"

Well the cutoff for first class mail is 13oz. So I have no idea how two of the exclusive editions with the figurines plus packing materials could possibly weigh less then 13ounces.

bread's done
Back