The Dark Knight Rises Exclusive

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Amazon
The Dark Knight Bat Cowl Limited Edition (#/35,000)

Amazon.de (Germany)
The Dark Knight SteelBook - EUR 28,99
51aGmcTWBUL._AA300_.jpg

The Dark Knight Trilogy SteelBook - EUR 54,99
The Dark Knight Bat Cowl Limited Edition

Best Buy
The Dark Knight SteelBook with Reborn - $34.99
The Dark Knight Trilogy - $44.99
The Dark Knight Bat Cowl Limited Edition

Costco
None (Already check-in)

HMV (UK)
The Dark Knight SteelBook - TBA
DKRBLUPRE.JPG

Play.com (UK)
The Christopher Nolan Collection Boxset - £49.99
36871329_500x500_2.jpg

Target
The Dark Knight DigiBook (3D Lenticular) - $24.99 sale (was $31.99)
14199527_Alt01_120928163000.jpg

14199527_120928163000.jpg

The Dark Knight Rises Bat Cowl Limited Edition - $34.99 Online

WalMart
The Dark Knight Rises 2-Disc DVD
The Dark Knight Rises Bat Cowl Limited Edition - $24.96 Online and In-Store (Limited)

Last edited by a moderator:
So TDKR steelbook will also be $18.99, right? Cuz I have a pre-order from in-store with $14.99 down payment. So I will go back at Tuesday morning to pickup my steelbook for $4+tax.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']So TDKR steelbook will also be $18.99, right? Cuz I have a pre-order from in-store with $14.99 down payment. So I will go back at Tuesday morning to pickup my steelbook for $4+tax.[/QUOTE]

The Steelbook is $24.99.

[quote name='token2k6']Hoping for low traffic at the closet Wal-Mart to my work to get the cowl edition (can't believe its only $25!)[/quote]

Not sure where you're seeing $25, I see $34.96.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Blu-ray-DVD-UltraViolet-BatCowl-Widescreen/21899616

Don't sweat it if you can't get out to get a steelbook at BB right away, stores are well stocked and followup shipments will be made.

The cowl version, on the other hand..

[quote name='Scorch']

Not sure where you're seeing $25, I see $34.96.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Blu-ray-DVD-UltraViolet-BatCowl-Widescreen/21899616

Don't sweat it if you can't get out to get a steelbook at BB right away, stores are well stocked and followup shipments will be made.

The cowl version, on the other hand..[/QUOTE]

I happened to be looking at the print ad in the Sunday paper, $24.96. I have now folded it up and put it in my pocket! Didn't know it wasn't a Wal-Mart exclusive, but where is the reference on BB.com or Target if you wanted to PM it as somone else mentioned? Also, I can see the picture that it is numbered, appears to be 30,000 units. Funny that the pick is 0001, but figures!

[quote name='token2k6']Damn, never thought I'd be spending $75 on a film I thought I had a lot of flaws, but all these editions are freaking sweet. Hoping for low traffic at the closet Wal-Mart to my work to get the cowl edition (can't believe its only $25!) then over to Target in a flash to pick up the Digibook. Since I pre-ordered the SB from BB, I will probably go on Wednesday. Gonna keep the Wal-Mart and BB version sealed, open the Digibook for watching..

I'm a little concerned over my BB pre-order b/c it was the first time I did one off a card and they charged me tax. Usually when I get the SB exclusive pre-orders, no tax is charged. I'm worried they are going to double dip on the tax. In other words, they will redeem the pre-order at a reflection of the $14.99, then I will pay tax off the $24.99 price, and not $10..does anyone else have any thoughts on this?? I know we're talking pocket change here, its just the principle of the matter..[/QUOTE]

I found it strange that they charged tax too. When I pick it up on Tuesday I'll be looking to make sure they credit the 16.XX after tax towards the total cost. And I don't think the "pre-order" at Best Buy actually guarantees they hold a steelbook for you. From what I've read, they won't be putting any steelbooks off to the side for pre-orders and the it's subject to availability. Although I did also read that many Best Buys will have 70-100 steelbooks per store on Tuesday but I'm not sure I'd chance it myself.

Point well taken, probably won't chance it then..after all, all three are lined up right in a row on a 3 mile stretch of highway, just hope I can pull off three stops in an hour..

What is everyones thoughts on the logistics of the Wal-Mart launch? Will they be available at midnight? 10am on Tuesday..can't say I've ever gotten anything at launch from WM..

[quote name='token2k6']I happened to be looking at the print ad in the Sunday paper, $24.96. I have now folded it up and put it in my pocket! Didn't know it wasn't a Wal-Mart exclusive, but where is the reference on BB.com or Target if you wanted to PM it as somone else mentioned? Also, I can see the picture that it is numbered, appears to be 30,000 units. Funny that the pick is 0001, but figures![/QUOTE]

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dark+Kn...id=2610761&skuId=7024693&st=batcowl&lp=1&cp=1

[quote name='ssjmichael']http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dark+Kn...id=2610761&skuId=7024693&st=batcowl&lp=1&cp=1[/QUOTE]

Are we still talking about the batcowl version? Because that's the link to the combo pack.

this is the link to the batcowl version

/edit Now yours is linking to the batcowl version. Super weird.

I wish Wal-Mart had that ad online, I would love to see the $24.99 price on the site so I can try to get Amazon to match it. I've got my preorder locked in at $35.99, so I'm not that upset, I'll be happy just to have one

[quote name='Scorch']Are we still talking about the batcowl version? Because that's the link to the combo pack.

this is the link to the batcowl version

/edit Now yours is linking to the batcowl version. Super weird.

I wish Wal-Mart had that ad online, I would love to see the $24.99 price on the site so I can try to get Amazon to match it. I've got my preorder locked in at $35.99, so I'm not that upset, I'll be happy just to have one[/QUOTE]

I linked to the right one.

As for WM, you can see the pricing in their ad right here, though I'm not sure if Amazon will match based on that:

http://localad.walmart.com/Walmart/...7&storeid=2493354&pagenumber=2&listingsort=23

well I was excited for the broken cowl set, until I saw that there isn't an actual blu ray case for it other than in the cowl stand.... damn

I found hidden Batcrowl on Walmart AD Online.

Go to Local AD
Enter your Zip Code
Select View Categories (horizontal lines)
Click Movies, Music & Books
Batcrowl should be on top of the list with price underneath showing $24.96 & details.

So what do I win? :lol:

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I found hidden Batcrowl on Walmart AD Online.

Go to Local AD
Enter your Zip Code
Batcrowl should be on top of the list with price underneath showing $24.96 & details.

So what do I win? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Nothing, thanks for playing, hahaha jk.

eh i think ill just stick with the amazon 18.99 blu ray dvd combo thing. i forgot i preordered it there anyway lol and saw it has shipped.

They never said it was two, that was a wrong assumption. It was theorized by many to be a lenticular cover and that's what it turned out to be.

Anyone received an order shipped email from wbshop for their exclusive?

They called a couple weeks ago just to confirm my address and stuff, and said the order was still confirmed, but I don't see any option to view the order status..because I checked out as a guest when i preordered, and made an account on their site a week after...but even then, still don't see anything under "my orders"....

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I found hidden Batcrowl on Walmart AD Online.

Go to Local AD
Enter your Zip Code

So what do I win? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Wait... I already pre-ordered this cowl set from Walmart.com, but I paid $34.96 for it and it has already shipped. Can I take this local ad to my local Walmart and get the price adjusted, or a $10 Walmart gift card, or something?

now im torn. Thought there was a bane digibook, with the digi and the steel being the same price may have to go steel.

I assume this steel has the same blank inside as the others??? any info on that

hey guys is the Broken Cowl Limited Edition really limited and numbered? the unboxing videos on youtube show that theyre not numbered, but then again, those guys are not in the US i think... i read the comments and someone said that the US Broken Cowl edition comes with Blue Ray, UV and DVD, unlike other regions which only comes with Blu Ray discs..

Well my Ultimate Edition Steelbook just arrived from France. Haven't opened it, since I'm at work, but there WILL be a DARK KNIGHT RIS(ING)ES tonight!!! :D

[quote name='giantqtipz']hey guys is the Broken Cowl Limited Edition really limited and numbered? the unboxing videos on youtube show that theyre not numbered, but then again, those guys are not in the US i think... i read the comments and someone said that the US Broken Cowl edition comes with Blue Ray, UV and DVD, unlike other regions which only comes with Blu Ray discs..[/QUOTE]

The US one is numbered to 35,000 copies

[quote name='giantqtipz']hey guys is the Broken Cowl Limited Edition really limited and numbered? the unboxing videos on youtube show that theyre not numbered, but then again, those guys are not in the US i think... i read the comments and someone said that the US Broken Cowl edition comes with Blue Ray, UV and DVD, unlike other regions which only comes with Blu Ray discs..[/QUOTE]

They are numbered. I just received mine from Amazon today and it does indeed have a number on it

[quote name='jcp42877']Lets hear some more about the TRUE limited edition peeps! WBSHOP FTW[/QUOTE]

give it up, no one cares about your toys :)

[quote name='Esmith08']So, if you go to Walmart at midnight, you should be able to get one of these Bat Cowl versions?[/QUOTE]

thats what i would like to know

I'm a little confused guys. Can anyone help me out?

What bluray version is the one that has the most extras?

I keep reading about some versions not having certain extras and others not. Like the Trilogy set only having the movies while the actual bluray having the extras.

I hear about Reborn. How long is that?

OH and I don't really care about the 64 page book because I have the full book at home.

I'm cheap too, hell I think we all are since we're here. I own the Best Buy steelbooks of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, got them for $5 each and they included a ticket to see The Dark Knight Rises in theaters, so I don't mind paying the extra to have the complete steel book collection.

[quote name='Dranakin']Not sure if I care to pay an extra $6 for a 30-minute documentary and a steelbook case.

I'm cheap.[/QUOTE]

I buy all steelbooks variants for all games that I buy. If you think an additional $6 is bad, well...

Halo 4 had:

The LE - $85
French steelbook - $25
Canadian steelbook - $25
UK steelbook - $20

...yeah

Paying an additional $6 for the steelbook is actually awesome compared to what the situation could be! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Was the broken cowl version exclusive to Walmart or is that just where people think they'll have the best chance at finding it?

I'm going to pick up the Steel book at BB and I already purchased the WB shop action figure version so I guess if I can somehow manage to find the version with the cowl I'll pick it up too

[quote name='GBAstar']Was the broken cowl version exclusive to Walmart or is that just where people think they'll have the best chance at finding it?

I'm going to pick up the Steel book at BB and I already purchased the WB shop action figure version so I guess if I can somehow manage to find the version with the cowl I'll pick it up too[/QUOTE]

Not exclusive but Wal-Mart has the best price at $25. Best Buy has it for $35.

For those of you interested in getting the steel book at BB, some of them open today at 8 am instead of 10 am. Check the store locator on their website for their hours. Good luck! :)

[quote name='samusaran226']Not exclusive but Wal-Mart has the best price at $25. Best Buy has it for $35.[/QUOTE]

Anyone try and PM Walmart at Best Buy? I'm looking through the online ad, and don't actually see it on any of the pages, but when you view it by categories it comes up...

[quote name='mpaullin']Anyone try and PM Walmart at Best Buy? I'm looking through the online ad, and don't actually see it on any of the pages, but when you view it by categories it comes up...[/QUOTE]
- Go to Local AD
- Enter Zip Code
- Click See another ad under "Ad valid for Dec 02 - Dec 24"
- Click the Bounty Towel Paper AD "Stock up & Save - Dec 02 - Dec 08"
- Then go to Page 22-23

Unless you like this kinda stuff, I'd just save money and get the regular Blu-Ray opposed to the Cowl edition. I don't know if the standard includes a DVD copy like the cowl does but apart from that possibly the features are the same. I was expecting it to be way more fancy than what it was; I thought they'd go with something at least a little better than the generic cheap plastic the cowl/stand is made out of. The disc case annoys the hell out of me too. I had thought this edition would come with a cowl w/stand and a separate blu-ray box that had the movie but it's this round thing that holds 3 discs inside.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']- Go to Local AD
- Enter Zip Code
- Click See another ad under "Ad valid for Dec 02 - Dec 24"
- Click the Bounty Towel Paper AD "Stock up & Save - Dec 02 - Dec 08"
- Then go to Page 22-23[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot. That really should be simpler.

bread's done
Back