The Dark Knight Rises Exclusive

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Amazon
The Dark Knight Bat Cowl Limited Edition (#/35,000)

Amazon.de (Germany)
The Dark Knight SteelBook - EUR 28,99
51aGmcTWBUL._AA300_.jpg

The Dark Knight Trilogy SteelBook - EUR 54,99
The Dark Knight Bat Cowl Limited Edition

Best Buy
The Dark Knight SteelBook with Reborn - $34.99
The Dark Knight Trilogy - $44.99
The Dark Knight Bat Cowl Limited Edition

Costco
None (Already check-in)

HMV (UK)
The Dark Knight SteelBook - TBA
DKRBLUPRE.JPG

Play.com (UK)
The Christopher Nolan Collection Boxset - £49.99
36871329_500x500_2.jpg

Target
The Dark Knight DigiBook (3D Lenticular) - $24.99 sale (was $31.99)
14199527_Alt01_120928163000.jpg

14199527_120928163000.jpg

The Dark Knight Rises Bat Cowl Limited Edition - $34.99 Online

WalMart
The Dark Knight Rises 2-Disc DVD
The Dark Knight Rises Bat Cowl Limited Edition - $24.96 Online and In-Store (Limited)

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn the covers of the digibooks at Target and the exclusive digibook in Germany are nice. Better than just the normal poster/cover.

Still waiting on what has the most features/cheapest price; not too concerned with steelbooks/digibooks but they do look pretty awesome.

Those figures look to be the same size as those currently clogging up toy shelves. The detail on them is MUCH better though. Hopefully that's what they look like when people get them.

Yep, preordered from the wbshop...addicted to those little things..hoping they're about the same size and such as the bby figures :) and as soon as the steel is available for preorder at bby, i'm getting that too.

[quote name='GreyFox787']I'm thinking Steelbook...then the Ultimate Trilogy set when it hits.[/QUOTE]

I'm in for the toys first. I'll resell that copy online and get the steelbook to match my other two.

Gonna wait to see what's good with the ultimate thing. Pretty sure Nolan said there were no extended cuts coming, but who knows.

Just put in my preorder for the figures set too. Free shipping by the looks of it, cant go wrong. Might resell the copy and grab one of the other editions (either Steelbook or Digibook) too.

ordered the WBshop set with free shipping, these things are going to sell out much like the special edition inception set they once sold, i was lucky enough to get one of those bad boys

I reordered it with the free shipping and my tax was about $0.40 different as well. They tax the shipping? That seems stupid if they do. I've just found out that the place I work taxes the cost of whatever they send out in addition to insanely overcharging.

I called to have my first order canceled. The lady was an idiot. She actually said, "Oh, once you order an item, you can't cancel it." Apparently, you have to cancel it before you order.

The Target exclusive digibook is confirmed to be a single book with a lenticular cover, rather than 2 separate books
Exclusive Blu-ray Digibook Combo Pack contains Blu-ray, DVD and Ultraviolet with original 25-page comic depicting the prologue from the film plus 7 pages of filmmaker concept art. Each copy includes exclusive lenticular lens cover designed to showcase images of Batman vs. Bane when held from different angles

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']:br: The Dark Knight Rises (Müller Exclusive) DigiBook (Germany)

43187_d7f19722575745fd8801ec961c7cf527_1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That cover looks better then the other two

[quote name='jcp42877']Anyone know if WB charges your card automatically or wait til shipped like Amazon?[/QUOTE]

I preordered it and haven't been charged yet.

Dame it! Its either get the steelbook and complete my steelbook collection for Batman, or get the Batman Digi book which looks badass!

Edit: Do you guys think they will make a steelbook case to house all the Batman steelbooks? Kinda like how they made one for all the Harry Potter Steelbooks. I doubt it, but it would be cool.

[quote name='Trojann']Dame it! Its either get the steelbook and complete my steelbook collection for Batman, or get the Batman Digi book which looks badass!

Edit: Do you guys think they will make a steelbook case to house all the Batman steelbooks? Kinda like how they made one for all the Harry Potter Steelbooks. I doubt it, but it would be cool.[/QUOTE]

That would be cool. Why dont u just get the steelbook since u have the other two. U have to match it so it looks cool on your shelf

Call me Crazy, but I will probably buy all of the TDKR Exculsives. In for:

x2 - Dark Knight Rises Steelbook (Best Buy)
x1 - Dark Knight Rises Lenticular Dual Cover Digi-Pack (Target)
x2 - Dark Knight Rises Combo Pack with Figures (WBSHop) - Ordered $59
x1 - Dark Knight Rises BatCowl (Cheapest on Release Day)

When The Dark Knight was released I got:
x2 - FYE DVD Steelbook - $22 each after rebate
x1 - Regular Dark Knight Blu-ray Combo Pack - $20
x1 - Dark Knight Blu-ray Bat-cycle - $14 (Bestbuy)
x1 - Dark Knight Blu-ray Steelbook (Europe) - $30
x2 - Dark Knight Blu-ray Steelbook (Best Buy) - $5 each (Recently with U&S)

So my bank was just charged $32.05 for TDKR exclusive set. So much for WB's "shipments containing preordered items won't be charged until item ships" policy.

I just contacted them to refund my money. Hope it works out..

[quote name='merchie89']they saw you wanted to flip it so they charged you immediately ;)[/QUOTE]

Lol, while I did get a good laugh out of this, surely I'm not the only one looking to cash in on it :p

I mean, I'm 23, what use would I have for 4 inch action figures when I could possibly sell it sealed one day for $150-200?

[quote name='jcp42877']So my bank was just charged $32.05 for TDKR exclusive set. So much for WB's "shipments containing preordered items won't be charged until item ships" policy.

I just contacted them to refund my money. Hope it works out..[/QUOTE]

Are you sure you were actually charged? Retailers will place a hold on the funds in your account to make sure that the card is good. Those holds take time to drop off, but usually do so within 3 - 7 days depending on your bank's policy.

Just watch if you pre-order something from BestBuy that doesn't release for a few months. They will do these authorizations seemingly every week to every other week. If your account fails the authorization your order will be cancelled.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Are you sure you were actually charged? Retailers will place a hold on the funds in your account to make sure that the card is good. Those holds take time to drop off, but usually do so within 3 - 7 days depending on your bank's policy.

Just watch if you pre-order something from BestBuy that doesn't release for a few months. They will do these authorizations seemingly every week to every other week. If your account fails the authorization your order will be cancelled.[/QUOTE]

Good advice man! While I'm def familiar with people putting a "hold" on there temporarily, it's normally a $1 or so (from my experience). I mean I have more than enough to cover it lol, it just caught me off guard.

And oddly, I'm still not entirely sure I even want it. I just wanted to put my preorder in just in case they sell out quick.

[quote name='jcp42877']Lol, while I did get a good laugh out of this, surely I'm not the only one looking to cash in on it :p

I mean, I'm 23, what use would I have for 4 inch action figures when I could possibly sell it sealed one day for $150-200?[/QUOTE]

trust me, there are some people (not naming names) that will take pride in those figures

It works out to about $63.50US, which sounds expensive, but $20 or more for a Steelbook is often pretty typical most places. Best Buy did have Begins and TDK (different cover art) steelbooks for cheap a few months back,but that's not what you'll usually see, and currently those are selling for $19.99 and $24.99 respectively on bestbuy.com. TDK: Rises is said to be $22.99 at Best Buy when it comes out. So if you don't have any of them, it still might be worth of a look, though the book will only serve as eye candy unless you speak German lol. It would have been cool if the outer box that held all the steelbooks was made of metal and/or something unique too. Sort of like how the Harry Potter steels got a nice case to house them at Futureshop

[quote name='Grammar Police']Preordered the WB one. I'll probably sell the copy that comes with it online so I can pick up the steelbook or digibook.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Just ordered mine.

The best buy steelbook exclusive link is dead. Nor did I see it on the search on the site.

Damn, don't know how I missed it. Thanks for the link!!
I assume it's the steelbook, yes? Since the cover is the same, minus the "w/reborn" in the product title.

Well it seems my WB exclusive set order was randomly cancelled.

I emailed WB when I saw the hold on my account, and asked them to please remove the hold and not charge me til it shipped, but it wasn't until a couple days later I realized it actually WAS a hold and not a full charge.

Apparently they cancelled the entire order instead of just emailing me telling me it was a hold.

Kinda pissed off because now that set is nowhere to be found on their site. Maybe, just maybe, it will still ship on the 4th, but I'm doubting it..because my WB account shows no order history :/

[quote name='jcp42877']Well it seems my WB exclusive set order was randomly cancelled.

I emailed WB when I saw the hold on my account, and asked them to please remove the hold and not charge me til it shipped, but it wasn't until a couple days later I realized it actually WAS a hold and not a full charge.

Apparently they cancelled the entire order instead of just emailing me telling me it was a hold.

Kinda pissed off because now that set is nowhere to be found on their site. Maybe, just maybe, it will still ship on the 4th, but I'm doubting it..because my WB account shows no order history :/[/QUOTE]

Didn't they do what you asked them to do? They removed the hold from your account by canceling your order. Why would they email you back to tell you it was a hold when you emailed them telling them to remove the hold? That would be giving you information you already had and not addressing your request.

[quote name='knight19']Didn't they do what you asked them to do? They removed the hold from your account by canceling your order. Why would they email you back to tell you it was a hold when you emailed them telling them to remove the hold? That would be giving you information you already had and not addressing your request.[/QUOTE]

I was unaware it was a hold at the time...I thought it was a full charge and emailed them saying their site says "preorder items will not be charged until item ships" and to remove the charge if they messed it up. NOT cancel my order.

It was only after I emailed them that I saw somewhere else on their website that they put holds on orders for a couple of days. So I gave it no thought and figured the hold would be gone in a couple days and my order would still be active.

I mean, they shouldn't be able to just cancel the order like that. An email reply saying "Sir, we apologize for any inconvenience, but we put a temporary hold on any order using a credit/debit card for a couple business days. Your account balance should credit back the charge after 2-3 days. You will not be charged again til 12/04. Thank you for being a WB customer" would have sufficed.

Ordered 2 of the Best Buy steelbook, hoping at least one shows up mint since they ship in a bubble mailer. I think I got lucky with Spider-Man.

bread's done
Back