The Dark Knight Rises Exclusive

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Amazon
The Dark Knight Bat Cowl Limited Edition (#/35,000)

Amazon.de (Germany)
The Dark Knight SteelBook - EUR 28,99
51aGmcTWBUL._AA300_.jpg

The Dark Knight Trilogy SteelBook - EUR 54,99
The Dark Knight Bat Cowl Limited Edition

Best Buy
The Dark Knight SteelBook with Reborn - $34.99
The Dark Knight Trilogy - $44.99
The Dark Knight Bat Cowl Limited Edition

Costco
None (Already check-in)

HMV (UK)
The Dark Knight SteelBook - TBA
DKRBLUPRE.JPG

Play.com (UK)
The Christopher Nolan Collection Boxset - £49.99
36871329_500x500_2.jpg

Target
The Dark Knight DigiBook (3D Lenticular) - $24.99 sale (was $31.99)
14199527_Alt01_120928163000.jpg

14199527_120928163000.jpg

The Dark Knight Rises Bat Cowl Limited Edition - $34.99 Online

WalMart
The Dark Knight Rises 2-Disc DVD
The Dark Knight Rises Bat Cowl Limited Edition - $24.96 Online and In-Store (Limited)

Last edited by a moderator:
[FONT=&quot]Christopher Nolan directed The Dark Knight Rises will bring much excitement to the Batman lover. The viewer of Batman who pretends themselves as a batman and wants to be it their long term waiting is coming to flash through the new Dark Knight Rises film. Attracting visual effect and outstanding protecting ability and actionful fighting style of Gotham against eight years later new arrival terrorist leader Bane and excellent ability to protect city from evil thumbs will bring much amusement to the Dark man series lover. It would be helpful to find these with low cost for Batman lover.[/FONT]

Well I just received a call from WB customer service asking me to confirm shipping info on my EXclusive Set order. Apparently it never got cancelled.

Super siked about this one. Seeing what the Inception exclusive goes for sealed now, I see this one being even rarer since 1,000 less than the Incepion were made. $$$$$$$$

[quote name='jcp42877']Well I just received a call from WB customer service asking me to confirm shipping info on my EXclusive Set order. Apparently it never got cancelled.

Super siked about this one. Seeing what the Inception exclusive goes for sealed now, I see this one being even rarer since 1,000 less than the Incepion were made. $$$$$$$$[/QUOTE]

The version w/ the toys? Why? The cool thing about the Inception set is it comes in the briefcase and has extra stuff.. This is just three toys

[quote name='Scorch']The version w/ the toys? Why? The cool thing about the Inception set is it comes in the briefcase and has extra stuff.. This is just three toys[/QUOTE]

Like someone said earlier, some people would probably die for these figures, as something about them looks even more detailed than the figures in-store.

Why do people buy preorder DLC for games for $25-50 on release day and such? They just do...

All it'll take is the right buyer.

Unless there is something more to these figures than meets the eye, I assume the only reason it's limited to 1,000 is because these toys go for what, $7.99 each in stores? So you're practically getting a $24 value free with a new release movie. I'm hoping there's something special about them though, ala gift boxed or something.

There are 2 links with different content when clicked. I don't know which I'm supposed to chose. One says buy now and one says preorder.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']im glad i bought two![/QUOTE]

I'm glad you did too. Thanks for helping to prevent others from being able to get one.

[quote name='robin2099']I'm glad you did too. Thanks for helping to prevent others from being able to get one.[/QUOTE]

Butthurt much?

I need that BBY steelbook to match my others but i'm sure its going to be around $22 or so that week. I'm afraid to preorder and end up getting screwed on the price.

It's impossible to get screwed. Even if the price lowers all you have to do is call them up or go to a BB store and tell them the price is lower and you want to get credited. I had to do this a few months ago and they credited my cc the difference. It'd be nice if imy order was automatically adjusted but either way you're covered

[quote name='kilik64']Butthurt much?[/QUOTE]

More annoyed. It seems like this website has become as bad as slick deals and fat wallet when it comes to people selfishly hording and bragging about it. It's nowhere near what it used to be.

[quote name='robin2099']More annoyed. It seems like this website has become as bad as slick deals and fat wallet when it comes to people selfishly hording and bragging about it. It's nowhere near what it used to be.[/QUOTE]

You're missing the whole point of it then... I am not a collector, I am a profiteer. Does that make me a bad person? no. Will I openly admit to my reasoning for buying a very limited edition that I could honestly care less for when all I desire is the BluRay? Yes.

As of right now, I'm waiting for my deployment into the Air Force and working an $8.50/hr job with around 35 hrs a week. When I can use my entrepreneurial skills to buy an resell items that will market high, I jump on them to make a little extra cash here and there to buy things I will actually use, such as a tablet, or a few extra Christmas gifts for my girlfriend.

To those people getting all pissed off at losing out and not getting a limited item, whether it be this, a CE game, or even a door buster next Friday... If you want it so bad, pay the price it's rarity has netted it. Plain and simple.

[quote name='jcp42877'].......
To those people getting all pissed off at losing out and not getting a limited item, whether it be this, a CE game, or even a door buster next Friday... If you want it so bad, pay the price it's rarity has netted it. Plain and simple.......[/QUOTE]

. . . . . wow!...that's deep :applause:

This will be the last thing I say about this to avoid derailing the thread but I have to respond to some of this stuff cause I find it too interesting.

You're missing the whole point of it then... I am not a collector

Neither am I. I was just a big fan who enjoyed the Nolan Batman movies and thought that would be something cool to own.

I am a profiteer

Translation: I want to buy up more then one thing and deny other people the opportunity to get it in order to drive up the price.

As of right now, I'm waiting for my deployment into the Air Force and working an $8.50/hr job with around 35 hrs a week.

And I'm a college student who lives by himself and typically gets 30 hours a week working a $9/hr job and has an apartment, student loans and bills to pay. So?

When I can use my entrepreneurial skills

What "skills"? There's "skills" in going "Oh that's gonna be popular. Let me buy three and rip people off." Opening running and starting your own business takes skills. Doing what Bill Gates or Steve Jobs do requires skills. This does not.

resell items that will market high, I jump on them to make a little extra cash here and there to buy things I will actually use, such as a tablet, or a few extra Christmas gifts for my girlfriend.

So translation, I'm gonna deny other people an opportunity to possibly buy other things besides the item in question in order to rip them off and selfishly buy more expensive things for myself.

To those people getting all pissed off at losing out and not getting a limited item, whether it be this, a CE game, or even a door buster next Friday... If you want it so bad, pay the price it's rarity has netted it.

Yeah, you pay the ridiculously high prices that me and other people are gonna set for these items which we hog in order to drive up prices. And on that note, hopefully you practice what you preach when it comes to "paying the price its rarity has netted it". After all, you find it ok to do it to other people right?

[quote name='robin2099']This will be the last thing I say about this to avoid derailing the thread but I have to respond to some of this stuff cause I find it too interesting.

Neither am I. I was just a big fan who enjoyed the Nolan Batman movies and thought that would be something cool to own.

Translation: I want to buy up more then one thing and deny other people the opportunity to get it in order to drive up the price.

And I'm a college student who lives by himself and typically gets 30 hours a week working a $9/hr job and has an apartment, student loans and bills to pay. So?

What "skills"? There's "skills" in going "Oh that's gonna be popular. Let me buy three and rip people off." Opening running and starting your own business takes skills. Doing what Bill Gates or Steve Jobs do requires skills. This does not.

So translation, I'm gonna deny other people an opportunity to possibly buy other things besides the item in question in order to rip them off and selfishly buy more expensive things for myself.

Yeah, you pay the ridiculously high prices that me and other people are gonna set for these items which we hog in order to drive up prices. And on that note, hopefully you practice what you preach when it comes to "paying the price its rarity has netted it". After all, you find it ok to do it to other people right?[/QUOTE]

Well seeing as you're about the same place as me, I have nothing negative really to say. You're just on the opposite spectrum of what I DO find myself on sometimes; the requirement to pay high for something I missed out on. My desire isn't necessarily to scalp someone like yourself, but rather sell it to someone who really DOES collect it and has no problem paying the increased price.

FYI, I only bought 1. I did not hoard anything.

[quote name='robin2099']I'm glad you did too. Thanks for helping to prevent others from being able to get one.[/QUOTE]

umm sorry that you missed out but the set was avialable for quite a while. In fact I even posted a code earlier in this thread where you get $10 off for spending over $50 so it wasn't really my fault you didn't take advantage of it.

[quote name='cdeener']I wonder if its a way to find out which Digibook Target will ship you cause I want the Bane one as a gift for a friend?[/QUOTE]

There's only one digibook with both Bane and Batman on it. It's a lenticular cover

Is it possible to put down the entire cost of a movie pre-order at Best Buy? I noticed my Best Buy is now letting you pre-order the steelbook in store by putting $15 down with access to Dark Knight Reborn instantly but I wanted to use a $20 reward zone certificate I have towards the movie. Since the pre-order is only $15, can I use the $20 certificate towards the total cost (29.99?)? I can't really use it when I pick it up either since the amount left would be less than $20. I guess I can pre-order, cancel it day of and then just purchase with my certificate? Any other ways I can use my certificate with a pre-order?

[quote name='ssjmichael']There's only one digibook with both Bane and Batman on it. It's a lenticular cover[/QUOTE]

Sweet. Did not know that. Will be picking that up.

[quote name='ssjmichael']There's only one digibook with both Bane and Batman on it. It's a lenticular cover[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info cause my friend will enjoy this. I hope Target offers it in store since it says online only on the link.

[quote name='samusaran226']Is it possible to put down the entire cost of a movie pre-order at Best Buy? I noticed my Best Buy is now letting you pre-order the steelbook in store by putting $15 down with access to Dark Knight Reborn instantly but I wanted to use a $20 reward zone certificate I have towards the movie. Since the pre-order is only $15, can I use the $20 certificate towards the total cost (29.99?)? I can't really use it when I pick it up either since the amount left would be less than $20. I guess I can pre-order, cancel it day of and then just purchase with my certificate? Any other ways I can use my certificate with a pre-order?[/QUOTE]

Buy something else along with it?

[quote name='cdeener']Thanks for the info cause my friend will enjoy this. I hope Target offers it in store since it says online only on the link.[/QUOTE]

Most pre-orders say online only until release. It should definitely be in stores

fuck hoarders, I missed out on The Avengers Steelbook because some asshole bought 4 copies the day the steelbooks were released, because i was at work that day. I hope I am able to get this steelbook to complete my collection.

[quote name='samusaran226']Is it possible to put down the entire cost of a movie pre-order at Best Buy? I noticed my Best Buy is now letting you pre-order the steelbook in store by putting $15 down with access to Dark Knight Reborn instantly but I wanted to use a $20 reward zone certificate I have towards the movie. Since the pre-order is only $15, can I use the $20 certificate towards the total cost (29.99?)? I can't really use it when I pick it up either since the amount left would be less than $20. I guess I can pre-order, cancel it day of and then just purchase with my certificate? Any other ways I can use my certificate with a pre-order?[/QUOTE]

Can't you just buy a $20 Best Buy gift card online and use the $20 reward zone certificate then use the gift card to pre-order.

Has that officially been confirmed yet or just speculation based on the cover art?

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']Has that officially been confirmed yet or just speculation based on the cover art?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's stated clearly in the description on Target's website.

Also, I see people in this thread claiming that the "Reborn" doc that Best Buy is including is feature length. It's not, it's 35 minutes. Compared to the 18 chapter documentary on the normal BR along with the hour long batmobile doc, I don't see how that 35 minutes will add much of anything.

[quote name='lethargic']Yes, it's stated clearly in the description on Target's website.

Also, I see people in this thread claiming that the "Reborn" doc that Best Buy is including is feature length. It's not, it's 35 minutes. Compared to the 18 chapter documentary on the normal BR along with the hour long batmobile doc, I don't see how that 35 minutes will add much of anything.[/QUOTE]

Previously, BBY advertised 'Reborn' as feature length (during the last U&S Promo, I believe). However, as you said, the documentary is ~35 mnutes in length. I watched it last night and, while decent, is nothing amazing. It covers each of the three films; while it has the benefit of hindsight for the first two, it appears the documentary was made prior to the third one being released. It does contain a 'deleted scene' of the Joker riding in a school bus following the explosion of Gotham General in TDK.

So i preordered the steelbook from Bestbuy a month ago, and i havent received anything for the reborn preview, any idea how i should get it?

[quote name='bestkeeper14']So i preordered the steelbook from Bestbuy a month ago, and i havent received anything for the reborn preview, any idea how i should get it?[/QUOTE]

The preview comes with specially marked Steelbook copies of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. The preview isn't working anway, as it actually gives the entire Dark Knight Rises movie as mentioned here

The entire Reborn doc will arrive with your Steelbook, either as an extra disc, or more likely a code to watch it online

[quote name='ssjmichael']French Steelbook. Wish this was the cover art we were getting here

51r5Qo65B9L.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This is the one I ordered and it shipped last week. Looking forward to checking it out...

[quote name='ssjmichael']The preview comes with specially marked Steelbook copies of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. The preview isn't working anway, as it actually gives the entire Dark Knight Rises movie as mentioned here

The entire Reborn doc will arrive with your Steelbook, either as an extra disc, or more likely a code to watch it online[/QUOTE]

I just preordered and it had me enter my email for a code for CinemaNow

CINEMANOW - DARK KNIGHT REBORN CINEMANOW DARK KNIGH
SKU: 6923516
E-mail Delivery: Usually sent to your e-mail delivery address within 15 minutes.

I guess that clears it up that it's digital then. The upcoming ad did say you can watch 35 minutes from Reborn on CinemaNow which makes it sound like that's only part of it, but from what I've heard it's the entire thing

Did the email come already or no?

Has anywhere (other than Best Buy with the purchase of a prior steelbook) shown any inclination towards having a discounted price on this at release like most other blurays? Basically only a week left.

I preordered the Steelbook in-store today at Best Buy. I didn't redeem the Reborn doc yet because I already had it from The Dark Knight steelbook I bought a while back. I set up my CinemaNow account with my Best Buy account and when I opened the app on my PS3, it listed and let me stream The Dark Knight Rises. Is this because I preordered the movie for $15 (similar to the Prometheus) or is this just related to the glitch for Reborn streaming the whole movie on Flixster? The reborn doc isn't showing up at all, along with a handful of other UV movies I have in my account.

Is this happening with anyone else? If so, this is a good way for people to stream on the movie on their tv in "HD".

[quote name='vanton619']I preordered the Steelbook in-store today at Best Buy. I didn't redeem the Reborn doc yet because I already had it from The Dark Knight steelbook I bought a while back. I set up my CinemaNow account with my Best Buy account and when I opened the app on my PS3, it listed and let me stream The Dark Knight Rises. Is this because I preordered the movie for $15 (similar to the Prometheus) or is this just related to the glitch for Reborn streaming the whole movie on Flixster? The reborn doc isn't showing up at all, along with a handful of other UV movies I have in my account.

Is this happening with anyone else? If so, this is a good way for people to stream on the movie on their tv in "HD".[/QUOTE]

If you don't use your code could I have it? My preorder from BBC never sent me one? :)

[quote name='ssjmichael']I guess that clears it up that it's digital then. The upcoming ad did say you can watch 35 minutes from Reborn on CinemaNow which makes it sound like that's only part of it, but from what I've heard it's the entire thing

Did the email come already or no?[/QUOTE]

I haven't gotten the email yet.

[quote name='GDB']Has anywhere (other than Best Buy with the purchase of a prior steelbook) shown any inclination towards having a discounted price on this at release like most other blurays? Basically only a week left.[/QUOTE]

amazon has it for 24.99

also the cover they show is similar to the french one.

i dont know if amazon has any bonuses or not though does anyone know??

Has anyone that received the code for CinemaNow been able to view Reborn? I have tried to watch it through their Rovio player, on my ipad and iphone. through Flixter and on the PS3 app, no go and CinemaNow support has not helped. The only thing that I can think is that the movie is not yet active on their site.

[quote name='mike568']Can't you just buy a $20 Best Buy gift card online and use the $20 reward zone certificate then use the gift card to pre-order.[/QUOTE]

Can you really use reward zone points on gift cards? If that works I would gladly do this.

bread's done
Back