The Dark Knight Rises Exclusive

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Amazon
The Dark Knight Bat Cowl Limited Edition (#/35,000)

Amazon.de (Germany)
The Dark Knight SteelBook - EUR 28,99
51aGmcTWBUL._AA300_.jpg

The Dark Knight Trilogy SteelBook - EUR 54,99
The Dark Knight Bat Cowl Limited Edition

Best Buy
The Dark Knight SteelBook with Reborn - $34.99
The Dark Knight Trilogy - $44.99
The Dark Knight Bat Cowl Limited Edition

Costco
None (Already check-in)

HMV (UK)
The Dark Knight SteelBook - TBA
DKRBLUPRE.JPG

Play.com (UK)
The Christopher Nolan Collection Boxset - £49.99
36871329_500x500_2.jpg

Target
The Dark Knight DigiBook (3D Lenticular) - $24.99 sale (was $31.99)
14199527_Alt01_120928163000.jpg

14199527_120928163000.jpg

The Dark Knight Rises Bat Cowl Limited Edition - $34.99 Online

WalMart
The Dark Knight Rises 2-Disc DVD
The Dark Knight Rises Bat Cowl Limited Edition - $24.96 Online and In-Store (Limited)

Last edited by a moderator:
Been a week or so since it's been discussed. Has anyone found those $5 off stickers on the BB/TDK steelbooks at BB? I haven't checked my BB since last week and they didn't have any stickers (movie cash nor DKR coupon) on the new shipment.

[quote name='samusaran226']Can you really use reward zone points on gift cards? If that works I would gladly do this.[/QUOTE]

Not usually. Gift cards have to be purchased with cash or credit. I tried to use a gift card to buy a Starbucks gift card and wasn't able to.

[quote name='samusaran226']Can you really use reward zone points on gift cards? If that works I would gladly do this.[/QUOTE]

Reward zone points are treated like cash, so yes, you can buy gift cards with them.

It looks like I'll go with BB's edition, since I want Reborn.

[quote name='Dranakin']Reward zone points are treated like cash, so yes, you can buy gift cards with them.

It looks like I'll go with BB's edition, since I want Reborn.[/QUOTE]

In store only? Tried to buy a $20 gift card online with my $20 RZ certificate and it was a no-go.

Last edited by a moderator:
So how do you preorder the steelbook at BB? I stopped by mine today and they had no clue what i was talking about and thought that i was talking about the TDK sb. Showed them the one listed on the website and they said to show up next Tues to pick it up and that they didnt accept preorders on it...

[quote name='TheRock88']So how do you preorder the steelbook at BB? I stopped by mine today and they had no clue what i was talking about and thought that i was talking about the TDK sb. Showed them the one listed on the website and they said to show up next Tues to pick it up and that they didnt accept preorders on it...[/QUOTE]

Everyone @ my BB was clueless too, they sent me back to the game pre-order kiosk, which was not helpful. There's this CinemaNow display where they have CinemaNow gift cards. On the side of that there was a display with the pre-order cards that you can take to the checkout. The pre-order costs $14.99.

[quote name='tyron3biggum5']Everyone @ my BB was clueless too, they sent me back to the game pre-order kiosk, which was not helpful. There's this CinemaNow display where they have CinemaNow gift cards. On the side of that there was a display with the pre-order cards that you can take to the checkout. The pre-order costs $14.99.[/QUOTE]

Ah ok thanks. Guess i gotta make another trip there sometime before next Tues :roll:

Wish they would have made it like all the other preorders and have it on of the front displays.

You won't really need to pre-order this. It's supposed to be as abundant as the Spiderman Steel and the other two batman's. We're talking close to 100 for most stores according to BB reps

Are spidey steelbooks suppose to be common? I had to do instore pickup just to get mine and i havent seen any of my local bb's have em in stock since release day.

[quote name='TheRock88']Are spidey steelbooks suppose to be common? I had to do instore pickup just to get mine and i havent seen any of my local bb's have em in stock since release day.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen them either, I may just preorder the steelbook online, but theres no in store pickup yet. And don't trust a bubble mailer....

[quote name='TheRock88']Ah ok thanks. Guess i gotta make another trip there sometime before next Tues :roll:

Wish they would have made it like all the other preorders and have it on of the front displays.[/QUOTE]

The display at my store with the pre-order slips was in the video game section. So good luck finding it. It's like a Easter Egg hunt.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I haven't seen them either, I may just preorder the steelbook online, but theres no in store pickup yet. And don't trust a bubble mailer....[/QUOTE]

My store is a low volume store and they still have a bunch of spiderman steelbooks; doesn't help that they are like $34.99 though

[quote name='GBAstar']My store is a low volume store and they still have a bunch of spiderman steelbooks; doesn't help that they are like $34.99 though[/QUOTE]

Makes sense. Does anyone know when they usually start in store pickup for preorders? Is it midnight of release?

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Makes sense. Does anyone know when they usually start in store pickup for preorders? Is it midnight of release?[/QUOTE]

10 am

I preorder this online, tried calling to get it to store pickup, they said they couldn't and that I would need to call the day it's released to do that, but if they ship before I call there is nothing I can do. They alsosaid the estimated arrival date is end of next week, it won't get here on release date! Well I will never preorder something on BB.com, amazon way better, plus I now have to price match since it's $24, I preordered at 29

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I haven't seen them either, I may just preorder the steelbook online, but theres no in store pickup yet. And don't trust a bubble mailer....[/QUOTE]

Bubble mailer? Ha they use plastic bags. My spiderman steel looked like it was run over by the usps truck

[quote name='tyron3biggum5']Everyone @ my BB was clueless too, they sent me back to the game pre-order kiosk, which was not helpful. There's this CinemaNow display where they have CinemaNow gift cards. On the side of that there was a display with the pre-order cards that you can take to the checkout. The pre-order costs $14.99.[/QUOTE]Good fact to know. My BB was clueless about that either and didn't have anything out for it. I'll run by there in the next couple of days and see if they have it out.

[quote name='slickkill77']Bubble mailer? Ha they use plastic bags. My spiderman steel looked like it was run over by the usps truck[/QUOTE]BB had three Snow White And The Huntsman steelbooks get destroyed in shipment to me because they used a plastic bag mailer for the original order, the reship off the original order and the new order as the replacement. The reship off the replacement order finally came in a box.

I still haven't received an email code, I usually never get emails from best buy, including DLC codes. I called once before asking if they had my correct email on file, I've checked myself and they do. I don't know what the problem is.

[quote name='slickkill77']Bubble mailer? Ha they use plastic bags. My spiderman steel looked like it was run over by the usps truck[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, even worse. I forgot what Best Buy used. Actually I got one of my Black Friday orders today. Shipped in that cardboard pack, not a box, but the one that looks like all the air was sucked out of if around the movies. Surprised they weren't cracked.

[quote name='Finch106']I still haven't received an email code, I usually never get emails from best buy, including DLC codes. I called once before asking if they had my correct email on file, I've checked myself and they do. I don't know what the problem is.[/QUOTE]

I "ordered" the steel last night just to see if I could download the full movie early and they sent me the code within 15 minutes. Once I realized I couldn't get the full movie anymore I just canceled. I'm just going to go in and pick one up

I pre-ordered the "Cowl" version from DeepDiscount for $34 and change since I could get it a little cheaper than WalMart (if they start selling it again) and most likely cheaper than Best Buy.

[quote name='samusaran226']In store only? Tried to buy a $20 gift card online with my $20 RZ certificate and it was a no-go.[/QUOTE]

Whoops, didn't read thoroughly. Yeah, the RZ certificates can't be used to:

• Purchase Best Buy gift cards
• Contribute to a PitchIn account
• Pay shipping charges
• Pay sales tax

Sorry.

Everybody seems to be getting TDKR from BBY or Target...

Am I one of the few in here that ordered the actual exclusive from WB this thread is about? Even then, I still don't know of it'll be worth keeping, but rather to sell as a collectible and just pickup the best deal of the movie on release day.

[quote name='jcp42877']Everybody seems to be getting TDKR from BBY or Target...

Am I one of the few in here that ordered the actual exclusive from WB this thread is about? Even then, I still don't know of it'll be worth keeping, but rather to sell as a collectible and just pickup the best deal of the movie on release day.[/QUOTE]

Personally I'm getting the trilogy boxset from Moviestop (since I have credit). $10 more than the steelbook and you get all 3 movies. Besides.... don't really care about digibooks and steelbooks. Any little ding or dent in a steel and my OCD goes nuts.

[quote name='jcp42877']Everybody seems to be getting TDKR from BBY or Target...

Am I one of the few in here that ordered the actual exclusive from WB this thread is about? Even then, I still don't know of it'll be worth keeping, but rather to sell as a collectible and just pickup the best deal of the movie on release day.[/QUOTE]

What is the WB exclusive, I can't find it...

Also, I'm hearing that a bunch of people who ordered the digibook from Target have had their orders cancelled, which is the same thing that happened wtih the ET Steelbook pre-orders.

Target.com Sucks

[quote name='ssjmichael']Also, I'm hearing that a bunch of people who ordered the digibook from Target have had their orders cancelled, which is the same thing that happened wtih the ET Steelbook pre-orders.

Target.com Sucks[/QUOTE]

Exactly why I'll be at the store at opening!

[quote name='ssjmichael']Also, I'm hearing that a bunch of people who ordered the digibook from Target have had their orders cancelled, which is the same thing that happened wtih the ET Steelbook pre-orders.

Target.com Sucks[/QUOTE]They did that to me with the ET Steelbook pre-order without any notification they did. Never came up with a good reason why they did it, either.

I called best buy to get my reborn code for preordering the dark knight rises, and was given a code like #### #### ###. It won't work when entered into cinema now's website. Is this correct or am I missing digits?

Anyone that got the Pre-Purchase of The Dark Knight Trilogy from Walmart B&M have you got an email from Vudu/Walmart that your order has shipped?

I don't know if anyone on here noticed yet, but I think the best buy steelbook dropped to $24.99.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/The-Dark-Knight-Rises-%28BD%2BDVD%2BUV%29-w/-Exclusive-Content---Blu-ray-Disc/6983956.p?skuId=6983956&productCategoryId=cat02015&id=2616632

That price is a no brainer for me even though the standard bluray is listed as $18.99 on Amazon and Best Buy.

For me the 35 minute documentary and steelbook are worth the $6 upgrade. I just wish I could preorder it with in store pickup. I'll make sure to post on here as soon as that is available. If not, I'll just have to try to be at Best Buy first thing on Tuesday I suppose.

A lot of blurays and videogames I buy from Bestbuy.com with the shipping option ends up coming in a little off-white plastic bag. It's not even a bubble mailer. I can just imagine how a steelbook will look after it's mailed with one of those.

Those tiny little Scotch bubble mailers are about 6 for $4.xx at Target. If bestbuy bought them in bulk, how much would they cost? Maybe .15 cents a piece?

I pre-ordered the steelbook from best buy before it dropped to $24.99. My order is still showing up at the original price. When will my order adjust to the lower price?

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I don't know if anyone on here noticed yet, but I think the best buy steelbook dropped to $24.99.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/The-Dar...6983956&productCategoryId=cat02015&id=2616632

That price is a no brainer for me even though the standard bluray is listed as $18.99 on Amazon and Best Buy.

For me the 35 minute documentary and steelbook are worth the $6 upgrade. I just wish I could preorder it with in store pickup. I'll make sure to post on here as soon as that is available. If not, I'll just have to try to be at Best Buy first thing on Tuesday I suppose.

A lot of blurays and videogames I buy from Bestbuy.com with the shipping option ends up coming in a little off-white plastic bag. It's not even a bubble mailer. I can just imagine how a steelbook will look after it's mailed with one of those.

Those tiny little Scotch bubble mailers are about 6 for $4.xx at Target. If bestbuy bought them in bulk, how much would they cost? Maybe .15 cents a piece?[/QUOTE]

You do realize the documentary will be on the net first thing Tuesday if it isn't already, right? So you're essentially paying $6 for a case which I can't understand the appeal they have for some people, but to each his own.

[quote name='thundarr']You do realize the documentary will be on the net first thing Tuesday if it isn't already, right? So you're essentially paying $6 for a case which I can't understand the appeal they have for some people, but to each his own.[/QUOTE]

Some people have issues with piracy.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Some people have issues with piracy.[/QUOTE]

I think it is stupid when someone tries to subtract value from an item because the extra content, whether it be images, video, or sound can be found on the internet for free.

$6 extra is a small price to pay to get something legitimately and to be able to watch it how it was intended to be viewed.

[quote name='thundarr']You do realize the documentary will be on the net first thing Tuesday if it isn't already, right? So you're essentially paying $6 for a case which I can't understand the appeal they have for some people, but to each his own.[/QUOTE]

guess what is also on the internet for free by now probably? the blu ray of this movie.

Anyone else getting the cowl and thinking of flipping on eBay after looking at prices? Should go for 100ish shortly after release I think. Paid 28 for it from amazon.

May go to bby and grab the 18 dollar version to replace it. Cowl version is cool but not THAT cool...

I just threw it on my x-mas list, so I'll likely just end up with the standard version. I don't care about case type, don't want the cowl and would probably never watch the extra documentary anyway.

Damn, never thought I'd be spending $75 on a film I thought I had a lot of flaws, but all these editions are freaking sweet. Hoping for low traffic at the closet Wal-Mart to my work to get the cowl edition (can't believe its only $25!) then over to Target in a flash to pick up the Digibook. Since I pre-ordered the SB from BB, I will probably go on Wednesday. Gonna keep the Wal-Mart and BB version sealed, open the Digibook for watching..

I'm a little concerned over my BB pre-order b/c it was the first time I did one off a card and they charged me tax. Usually when I get the SB exclusive pre-orders, no tax is charged. I'm worried they are going to double dip on the tax. In other words, they will redeem the pre-order at a reflection of the $14.99, then I will pay tax off the $24.99 price, and not $10..does anyone else have any thoughts on this?? I know we're talking pocket change here, its just the principle of the matter..

Is the Cowl edition exclusive just to Walmart? I might go somewhere Tuesday morning to pick one up since I'm off that day. Would prefer to get it from BBY though since I have to pick up Far Cry 3 too

[quote name='token2k6']Damn, never thought I'd be spending $75 on a film I thought I had a lot of flaws, but all these editions are freaking sweet. Hoping for low traffic at the closet Wal-Mart to my work to get the cowl edition (can't believe its only $25!) then over to Target in a flash to pick up the Digibook. Since I pre-ordered the SB from BB, I will probably go on Wednesday. Gonna keep the Wal-Mart and BB version sealed, open the Digibook for watching..

I'm a little concerned over my BB pre-order b/c it was the first time I did one off a card and they charged me tax. Usually when I get the SB exclusive pre-orders, no tax is charged. I'm worried they are going to double dip on the tax. In other words, they will redeem the pre-order at a reflection of the $14.99, then I will pay tax off the $24.99 price, and not $10..does anyone else have any thoughts on this?? I know we're talking pocket change here, its just the principle of the matter..[/QUOTE]

Am I the only one who doesnt find the cowl version that special? I dunno, just doesnt quite grab me.

I think it looks pretty cheap looking. I'm not big on the broken Cowl art for the Steelbook either. The only one I like is the Target digibook but I'd actually prefer an actual cover, rather than a lentuclar one that's been glued on.

When i go to the bestbuy link it says page not found. I called bb earlier and they couldn't/wouldnt say anything about the steelbook and told me to call or show up tues. She did say that a lot of people are after that and the batman cowl special edition.

I wonder how i can guarantee to get a steelbook version. The blu ray with exclusive content does not show a steelbook like the other do on their site.

they have cards in BB to preorder the Steelbook if you can find one squishface, the ones I saw were on a cardboard standee thing for the movie in the middle of our media area(of course its an old style store so you may not have the media area like ours)

bread's done
Back