The definitive sony card rewards thread - a good start to a free game or controller

[quote name='markoslav']Yeah I wish I didn't look for the model # on my ps3. I accidently bumped the power button and then the plug in the back and the hard drive became corrupted and I had to reformat. If I was thinking I would have unplugged it first, but oh well, I screwed up.

Thank for this thread, it sure would be nice to win the dream setup.[/quote]

Oh man, bummer.

Yeah, the monthly prize this month is pretty freaking sweet. On most months, it's like random trips to shitty places. Well, not really shitty, but places you wouldn't really want to visit. I mean, we do this thing to get free swag, not trips.

the bd-live registration is a little quirky. I've had two discs now that i've tried to register, and it's told me i've already registered them, even though i hadn't registered those specific discs yet. So even though the movies aren't the same, whatever registration code is being sent out is the same and you won't get the points. But so far that's only been like 2 out of 16. And once you hit ten discs, they take 280 points automatically and send you a coupon for "$10 (1000) points off a bluray movie" (in the store), which is funny because even after that, the movies are still more than regular price at amazon.

also with the update your wish list points, you have to completely wipe out your old wish list and do a new one. Someone mentioned not getting points a page back, you have to clear it and redo it.

[quote name='jallen']the bd-live registration is a little quirky. I've had two discs now that i've tried to register, and it's told me i've already registered them, even though i hadn't registered those specific discs yet. So even though the movies aren't the same, whatever registration code is being sent out is the same and you won't get the points. But so far that's only been like 2 out of 16. And once you hit ten discs, they take 280 points automatically and send you a coupon for "$10 (1000) points off a bluray movie" (in the store), which is funny because even after that, the movies are still more than regular price at amazon.

also with the update your wish list points, you have to completely wipe out your old wish list and do a new one. Someone mentioned not getting points a page back, you have to clear it and redo it.[/quote]

did you buy or rent the blu-rays that said you've already registered?

you don't need to clear out the whole wish list. all you need to do is delete at least 1 item and then add another. it worked for me.

all but one have been a rental. And in the past i've messed with the wish list, i tried deleting like half my stuff and adding other, i never got points until i cleared the thing. not a big deal really

[quote name='jallen']also with the update your wish list points, you have to completely wipe out your old wish list and do a new one. Someone mentioned not getting points a page back, you have to clear it and redo it.[/quote]
I've gotten the points every month just for adding one item.

[quote name='slowdive21']^^^For the wish list (If you are not getting points for updating), you only need to delete the items that are "no longer available".[/quote]

Correct^^ you only have to delete the no longer available items. You can keep everything else.

What's the risk of getting your account shutdown with the product registration thing? I know it's only 5 products, but do they record how you obtained points?

[quote name='surma884']What's the risk of getting your account shutdown with the product registration thing? I know it's only 5 products, but do they record how you obtained points?[/quote]

Not at all. You can put in whatever serial numbers rush put on the first post of this thread. And the best part, the page where you can view your products does not work properly. I have a product on my page, which I never registered, have a serial number of ABC1234567 or something like that.

[quote name='surma884']What's the risk of getting your account shutdown with the product registration thing? I know it's only 5 products, but do they record how you obtained points?[/quote]

you can see where all your points came from under "Your Account", but no one is gonna check anything for legitimacy, just put whatever. Same goes with the refer a friend thing, i sent them all to @mailinator accounts.

So I got my Playstation CC in the mail today. I activated it and the guy on the phone told me it has 0% APR until January 2010, that sound right?

I can't activate it on Sony Rewards yet, I think it's a 24 hr sort of thing before I'm in the 'system'? I think I read that somewhere on this thread.

[quote name='disillusion386']Go to the sony pictures forum for the answer. The link is posted on the 1st post.

To answer your question, the WOF answer is cabbage patch.[/quote]
Thanks a lot. Sorry I missed it in the first post. Been reading a lot...

Got this in my e-mail recently.

Congratulations! You've qualified for 10 Below savings!

Because you've earned 5,000 Sony Rewards Points since July 1, 2008, you've qualified for special savings on a Sony product of your choice.* Here's how to get yours:
  • Choose any Sony product and find the best price from any Sony Authorized Retailer -- in stores, in print, and/or online.
  • Print out and complete the attached form, and then mail it to Sony Rewards at the address on the form along with proof of price (e.g., a copy of the printed ad, a print-out of the dealer webpage, etc.). Your claim form and proof of price must be received by Sony Rewards within 60 days from the date that this email was sent, after which your eligibility for the 10 Below discount expires.
  • After verifying your claim, Sony Rewards will subtract the equivalent of 10% in Rewards Points from the best price you found! Your Rewards Points will then be used to redeem the Sony product and, if there are not enough in your account, Sony Rewards will charge the equivalent balance to your Sony Card at the rate of 1 cent per point. We'll then ship the product to the address indicated on your claim form.

For example, say you find a Sony digital camera advertised for $250 which is the equivalent of 25,000 Sony Rewards Points. Also, let's assume you have 10,000 points available in your account. First, we'll subtract the equivalent of 10% -- or 2,500 points -- from the 25,000 points required to redeem the camera. So, the total number of points required would then be 22,250. After applying the 10,000 points available in your account, the points balance required to redeem the camera would be 12, 250. Your account would then be charged $122.50 (12,250 x 1 cent) to complete the redemption.
Don't miss out on these great savings exclusively for Sony Card members, like you.

Click here to download the 10 Below form now.

Enjoy your savings!

The Sony Card Team

* This email contains a link to a claim form that you must fill out and submit to Sony Rewards in order to redeem your Sony product at the 10 Below discount price. Required information includes the last 4 digits of your Social Security number, Sony Card expiration date, Sony Card CVV#, and ship-to information. In addition, you will need to provide proof of the claimed price offered by the authorized Sony dealer (e.g., a copy of the printed ad, a print-out of the dealer webpage, etc.). Your claim form and proof of price must be received by Sony Rewards within 60 days from the date this email was sent, after which your eligibility for the 10 Below discount expires.

Upon Sony Rewards' verification of your claim information, Sony Rewards will procure your requested product and charge you as follows: after deducting 10% from your submitted price, Sony Rewards will apply/redeem your available Sony Rewards points towards the purchase of the product (each Sony Rewards point has a value of 1 cent); if you do not have a sufficient number of points to cover the discounted purchase price, Sony Rewards will charge your Sony Card Visa credit card for the balance of the purchase price.

Sony Rewards will then ship the product to the address indicated in your claim form (U.S. addresses only). Sony Rewards will not ship to P.O. boxes. Please allow 4-8 weeks from Sony's receipt of claim form for product delivery. Fulfillment of requested product is subject to Sony Rewards inventory availability and Sony Rewards terms and conditions available at www.sony.com/rewards. If requested product is not available, Sony Rewards will contact you with options to be made available at Sony Rewards' discretion.

Only prices offered by an authorized Sony dealer are valid for this program. Offer applies only to purchases of new and unopened Sony products offered by an authorized Sony Dealer. Offer limited to one purchase per Sony Card account holder under the "10 Below" program. Sony reserves the right to change or cancel this program at any time.

This offer is non-transferable. This offer may only be redeemed by the registered account holder of the email address to which this email communication was sent.

We've sent you this commercial email because you registered at www.sonyrewards.com to receive communications from Sony Rewards.

© 2009 Sony Corporation of America. Sony Rewards is a trademark of Sony Corporation. All rights reserved.

Please do not reply to this email. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. If you need to contact us, please send an email via the Contact link along the bottom of the Sony Rewards website.

You can also mail comments to Sony Rewards, 1 Sony Drive, Park Ridge, NJ 07656. Your email address is listed as -----.

Change your email Preferences or Unsubscribe.

View Sony Rewards Privacy Policy or Membership Terms.

OK I have tried registering Blu-Rays on BD_Live, do I have to use the same user name as my Sony Rewards account? When I tried it the other day it would not let me use that name, it also could have been something I did, but I was just wondering.

[quote name='jkircos']OK I have tried registering Blu-Rays on BD_Live, do I have to use the same user name as my Sony Rewards account? When I tried it the other day it would not let me use that name, it also could have been something I did, but I was just wondering.[/quote]

It will actually ask you if you have a Sony Rewards account, and then you can just enter the same username and password. Again, the 100 points for registering only works on Sony Pictures blu-rays.

Probably a dumnb question, but after I've registered 5 Sony products for 2,500 points, can I register five more for another 2,500 points?

[quote name='KABUKISTAR']Probably a dumnb question, but after I've registered 5 Sony products for 2,500 points, can I register five more for another 2,500 points?[/quote]

Unfortunately no. You can register 5 more products, but you won't get the points.

[quote name='disillusion386']Unfortunately no. You can register 5 more products, but you won't get the points.[/quote]

I think you have to log into Sony Rewards main page, don't put your username or email in the product registration page because it won't recognize it. And I don't think it has to be the same email as the Sony account that you put into the registration page ether.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']is there any limit to the invite a friend thing? If I got 25 points for every piece of junkmail I got haha.[/quote]

Yes, 5 invites (125 points). Don't know if it ever resets.

So I just received my current Netflix blu-ray and tried to register it, but it said that the disc has already been registered. I guess you can only register blu-rays once per disc. I just need to get lucky that the next movies on my queue haven't been registered yet.

I'm not a Sony card holder, so my ability to spend points on rewards is limited. Has any other non-card holder found some usefulness to being a member of Sony Rewards despite the spending limit? I guess you can use your points to enter into the daily drawing, but it doesn't look like you can really get anything with the spending limit in place.

[quote name='RCS0926']I'm not a Sony card holder, so my ability to spend points on rewards is limited. Has any other non-card holder found some usefulness to being a member of Sony Rewards despite the spending limit? I guess you can use your points to enter into the daily drawing, but it doesn't look like you can really get anything with the spending limit in place.[/quote]

im in the same boat as you....i guess if you really wanted to use your points, you could sign up for a rewards card down the line

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']There's actually another thread that has similar info and has the numbers for 5 products you can register for 2500 points - let me look for it.

Edit:

Originally Posted by evergoo
I discovered this in the Wheel Watchers Club forum and I thought this could be helpful for those who want to earn lots of Sony Rewards points.

1. Make sure you are logged into your Sony Rewards account on the official site: http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/home/sonycard/
2. Go to this website to register Sony products and sign on as a Guest User: https://productregistration.sel.sony.com/app/home.htm
3. Now fill out the registration form and input these 5 model numbers for the following products:
  • PS2 Slim (SCPH75001)
  • PS2 Controller (SCPH10010)
  • PS2 Multitap (SCPH10090)
  • PS2 Network Adapter (SCPH10281)
  • PS2 HDD (SCPH20401)
3. Submit your completed form and click on the Join Now button on the bottom right.
4. Voila! You've earned 500 points per product registered. 500 x 5 = 2,500 (max)

You don't need to own these products to register since there is no verification needed. By the way, 2500 pts (or less) = a $25 gift card. Here comes another Blockbuster $25 gift card for me! :bouncy:

From this thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178010&highlight=sony+rewards&page=9
[/quote]

I registered these 5 and got a confirmation e-mail saying all 5 had been registered but my points aren't showing up. Does it take a few days for it to update?

hey guys, I recently signed up for the Playstation card and purchased a PS3 from sonystyle.com using the temporary numbers they gave me upon acceptance. My card just arrived yesterday, and I signed up for Sony rewards using the real number, but the points for that $400 purchase aren't there. Should they be? Does it just take a while, or will there be some problems since I used the temp numbers?

Really only want to get 5000 points to get another controller.

[quote name='amheck']hey guys, I recently signed up for the Playstation card and purchased a PS3 from sonystyle.com using the temporary numbers they gave me upon acceptance. My card just arrived yesterday, and I signed up for Sony rewards using the real number, but the points for that $400 purchase aren't there. Should they be? Does it just take a while, or will there be some problems since I used the temp numbers?

Really only want to get 5000 points to get another controller.[/quote]

Pretty sure your reward points don't show up until 60 days after purchase or bill date, something like that. This way you can't buy things and return them while keeping the rewards points.

[quote name='amheck']hey guys, I recently signed up for the Playstation card and purchased a PS3 from sonystyle.com using the temporary numbers they gave me upon acceptance. My card just arrived yesterday, and I signed up for Sony rewards using the real number, but the points for that $400 purchase aren't there. Should they be? Does it just take a while, or will there be some problems since I used the temp numbers?

Really only want to get 5000 points to get another controller.[/quote]

The points get added after the billing cycle. I'm actually on the same boat as you. I bought my PS3 in December and didn't see my points until a little after that billing cycle. Now I'm close to getting 4250 points to get a free controller.

By the way, just do 12 puzzles in a month and the price of everything drops down 15%. You don't need 5000 points to get the 2nd controller.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']I have an email confirming that I registered 5 products. 500 pnts each

https://www.sonyrewards.com/en/your_account/products/#

This says I have over 30 items registered? I only did 5....

My point history doesn't list the 2500 points.

I did it as a guest. I'm not 100% sure how to "link it to your account"

https://www.sonyrewards.com/en/register/index/sony[/quote]

After you register the product as a guest, the site will confirm that you've earned 500 rewards points. However, to get those points tied to your Sony Rewards account, you have to click on the "Join Now" button. That's the key. The button should be to the bottom right of your screen after the site confirms that you've earned your 500 points.

oooh f*ck this. So i loaded up my netflix with blurays, i just hit the 20 mark. At 10 they "converted" 280 points into a $10 off coupon (blurays only), i was like meh, that's ok. At 20, they killed 1000 points and converted into another $10 off bluray coupon. Seeing as how 1000 pts=$10, they basically just told me i have to use my points on a retail priced bluray from them, or not use them at all. I'm sending them an email telling them to keep their damn coupons and give me my points back (but much more politely). I'll see what they say.

Just know that once you hit 10, 20, 30 registries, points will disappear from your account. Be careful.

That does suck, since I'm almost at the rewards level for a 100 dollar sears/kmart gift card, I'll make sure I stop at 9 blu ray registers and redeem my points for the gift card, I'm looking to get an Ipod nano at kmart.

[quote name='jallen']oooh f*ck this. So i loaded up my netflix with blurays, i just hit the 20 mark. At 10 they "converted" 280 points into a $10 off coupon (blurays only), i was like meh, that's ok. At 20, they killed 1000 points and converted into another $10 off bluray coupon. Seeing as how 1000 pts=$10, they basically just told me i have to use my points on a retail priced bluray from them, or not use them at all. I'm sending them an email telling them to keep their damn coupons and give me my points back (but much more politely). I'll see what they say.

Just know that once you hit 10, 20, 30 registries, points will disappear from your account. Be careful.[/quote]

Well, they have to mitigate the fact people are going to exploit this point earning option.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Well, they have to mitigate the fact people are going to exploit this point earning option.[/quote]

if they were gonna mitigate anything, i would think it would be the 5x500 product registry that takes all of 2 minutes to earn the equivalent of $25. you basically have to do nothing for those.

[quote name='RCS0926']After you register the product as a guest, the site will confirm that you've earned 500 rewards points. However, to get those points tied to your Sony Rewards account, you have to click on the "Join Now" button. That's the key. The button should be to the bottom right of your screen after the site confirms that you've earned your 500 points.[/quote]

Thanks that did the trick!

[quote name='CENNY']did anyone else do the thing in November/December 2008, where if you spend so much on the card they give you 1500 additional free points? I know I spent enough on the card, but I still didn't get my 1500 extra points yet, and so I was wondering if anyone else already got theirs already or if it's taking a while for everyone (by the way, I noticed normally when the chase cards do these extra points promos e.g. get double points when you fill up your car or whatever, they ask you to register/sign up for the deal online, but this promo never asked me to do that...)[/quote]

I asked this a while back, and still waiting on those extra points. Just wondering if anyone else has any experience with this promo...

I just ordered a PS3 controller for free! There go 4250 points. Man, it's only over a month since I started using sony rewards and I have already redeemed something for free.

Anyone know if this applies to Canadian users as well? There's a separate SonyCard that we apply to (which i don't have yet), but there doesn't seem to be any sort of rewards program like on the regular site. Can we register the canadian card on the regular site or is it an independant rewards program?
http://www.sonystyle.ca/commerce/se...atalogId=10001&contentpage=SonyCard/Main.html
The canadian one doesn't really look that great either, only way to get points is buying stuff, no product reg/contests/etc, so I'd really only get one if I'm able to participate in the american rewards program.
Can someone shed a light?

bread's done
Back