The definitive sony card rewards thread - a good start to a free game or controller

Can you use the points on any ps3 game even third party? Also does anyone know if it can be used on things bought from amazon warehouse deals?

[quote name='panasonic']Can you use the points on any ps3 game even third party? Also does anyone know if it can be used on things bought from amazon warehouse deals?[/QUOTE]

I think it's only on Sony published games and merchandise.

Any blu-ray, PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP game, as well as anything on Sony's labels like sony pictures DVDs. If the items are new, they are always approved.

YMMV for used items.

So did anyone who signed up for a Sony Card since they became available again last month get any rewards points from using it yet? Like the 5000 bonus? I have not.

[quote name='Crisium']So did anyone who signed up for a Sony Card since they became available again last month get any rewards points from using it yet? Like the 5000 bonus? I have not.[/QUOTE]

I didn't read the terms, but I assume it could take up to 2 months. I figure it will at least be until the statement closes. I might contact them to ask next month if it doesn't show by then.

Been debating on getting this card. Once my kid is born I will probably be going out more pretty cool to put it on this then pay it off at the end of the month.

[quote name='bjstucker']Been debating on getting this card. Once my kid is born I will probably be going out more pretty cool to put it on this then pay it off at the end of the month.[/QUOTE]

It's great if you like Sony stuff. It's easy to get 45 points/weekday by spending two minutes to play their games and you can redeem it for almost anything Sony-related. The shipping is fast, too, it only took 5-6 days from ordering to receiving a couple games. Plus I think you get 3 points/dollar for restaurant purchases.

[quote name='levon15']do you still get a sweet discount for signing up and buying a ps3 with this card?[/QUOTE]

Not at the moment. The offer when I signed up a couple weeks ago was 5,000 bonus points, a $50 value (which I'm still waiting to receive) after any purchase.

Also, if anyone's interested why the switch- apparently Chase is terminating a large percentage of their co-branded credit card business to save costs. http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-phillydeals/Bank_cancels_Wawas_credit_cards.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know if there's any way to find out if Chase are dropping the Amazon card too (didn't see it mentioned in the article you linked)? I have that one, and it's my fave rewards program. I get a $25 amazon gift credit every couple of months, would hate to lose that...

Not sure if it's been posted elsewhere, but they have a deal going on the 8GB memory stick micro M2 for 3,499 points ($35) if you're at the jackpot level. I only saw it for this price by clicking Insider Specials, otherwise it shows up at 4,590 points if you browse through Playstation peripherals.

So looks like the weekly 200 pts Jepardy thing is not coming back? First it said itll be back in Sept, then it said Oct, and now there's no mention of any month.

Man, between this and the PSN ecoupon business....

[quote name='CENNY']So looks like the weekly 200 pts Jepardy thing is not coming back? First it said itll be back in Sept, then it said Oct, and now there's no mention of any month.

Man, between this and the PSN ecoupon business....[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they realized giving $2 worth of points weekly to thousands of people isn't very practical. I personally racked up like $100 worth of PSN credit within a short period of time without much effort. That's not really a good business model

I am a bit confused as this seems too good to be true. From the original post, it looks like you can get three points for every cent you spend on the credit card(if you do the triple points registration thing)? So if I'm getting a $1600 sony tv, I get 480,000 points which have a cash value of $4800? Something doesn't seem right here. Can somebody please let me know whats going on here because I actually am planning on getting a sony tv soon and if this is even close to as good as it seems I would like to get it.

[quote name='nac14127']I am a bit confused as this seems too good to be true. From the original post, it looks like you can get three points for every cent you spend on the credit card(if you do the triple points registration thing)? So if I'm getting a $1600 sony tv, I get 480,000 points which have a cash value of $4800? Something doesn't seem right here. Can somebody please let me know whats going on here because I actually am planning on getting a sony tv soon and if this is even close to as good as it seems I would like to get it.[/QUOTE]

It's 3 points for every dollar, so it'd be 4,800 points, or $48

[quote name='hlaalumaster9']Too bad I already have one, there's now an offer for 20,000 bonus points after the first purchase. Courtesy of the Wheel Watcher's Club forums:
http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/gatew...ply_sc_acq_oct&utm_term=learnmore3_sc_acq_oct[/QUOTE]

I tried to follow the link, and after clicking the 'apply now', I could not find on the application where it states that you will indeed receive the 200k points (usually it shows up in their terms which you can print out as proof of offer).

Can someone explain to me how that buying sony product from a retailer and fill out a form to get credit back stuff work? I'm looking to buy a Sport Champion Move bundle for my PS3. If I use my sonycard to buy it at a authorized retailer and fill out the form (someone give me link to this please) they will issue back the whole amount as credit onto my SonyCard? Which mean I will get the bundle for free? Or how does it work? I only have 7000 point right now and I wanted to use it to get the bundle from reward but it's always out of stock =(

[quote name='luan87us']Can someone explain to me how that buying sony product from a retailer and fill out a form to get credit back stuff work? I'm looking to buy a Sport Champion Move bundle for my PS3. If I use my sonycard to buy it at a authorized retailer and fill out the form (someone give me link to this please) they will issue back the whole amount as credit onto my SonyCard? Which mean I will get the bundle for free? Or how does it work? I only have 7000 point right now and I wanted to use it to get the bundle from reward but it's always out of stock =([/QUOTE]

They do a credit on your Credit card statement usually 6 to 8 weeks after you submitted the form, of the amount of the purchase, or however many points you have available at the time of the credit (whichever is lower)

move bundle being ~100, you will receive 70 bucks in credit, if you have 7000 points (a bit less if you have points tied up with the daily giveaway, etc...)

Easy process, just take a bit of time.

[quote name='Teujip']They do a credit on your Credit card statement usually 6 to 8 weeks after you submitted the form, of the amount of the purchase, or however many points you have available at the time of the credit (whichever is lower)

move bundle being ~100, you will receive 70 bucks in credit, if you have 7000 points (a bit less if you have points tied up with the daily giveaway, etc...)

Easy process, just take a bit of time.[/QUOTE]

damn 6-8 weeks lol. Might that's a pretty long time. And where do i get the form?

[quote name='luan87us']damn 6-8 weeks lol. Might that's a pretty long time. And where do i get the form?[/QUOTE]

On the sonyrewards.com site. Under "my account" you should have a link to access the forms

Aw, I can't believe they upped it to 20,000 bonus points! I would have waited had I known. I got my 5,000 but it looks so paltry in comparison.

[quote name='Crisium']Aw, I can't believe they upped it to 20,000 bonus points! I would have waited had I known. I got my 5,000 but it looks so paltry in comparison.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got lucky, I got the deal where you get $300 credit (not even rewards point, just a flat out $100 credit per $1,500 spent) when the PS3 160GB was $499. However, this deal is slightly better (depending on how much you have to spend to get the $200 gift card). Basically, you need to make a purchase, get the $200 gift card w/the points, then you have to buy the PS3 w/the gift card.

I found Costco as a authorized retailer in their list however Costco store does not accept any form of credit card >.> Only debits. I was all happy because I was going to buy it from costco for $10 cheaper. And one question will this work on ANY ps3 games?

[quote name='heatdolphins45']Does the new Sony Capitol One Card apply to all the point deals possible in the first post?[/QUOTE]

Yes. You can even sign up for Sony Rewards first and then link your credit card once it arrives. That's what I did and I've been able to redeem 3 free games already even before my 5,000 bonus credit.

"want more free points?

LINK page 1
Go here and register 5 sony products for 2,500 free points, (you don't even have to own them, just fill in the blanks with whatever, but if you have sony stuff, I suggest actually registering it, it's the right thing to do. You can view what you have registered at this link: LINK MAIN PAGE "

Is registering products gone? I cant seem to do it for the life of me.

[quote name='DoReiRei']"want more free points?

LINK page 1
Go here and register 5 sony products for 2,500 free points, (you don't even have to own them, just fill in the blanks with whatever, but if you have sony stuff, I suggest actually registering it, it's the right thing to do. You can view what you have registered at this link: LINK MAIN PAGE "

Is registering products gone? I cant seem to do it for the life of me.[/QUOTE]

The original post is from 09 so I'm not surprised some of it has changed, but I couldn't get any more points for registering stuff either. I did get points 25 for referring friends( emailing myself ).

I signed up for the rewards and applied for the Capitol One sony card but I don't plan on ever really using it.

:( that sucks i missed out on it.
About to get the 20,000 points
100 point cards are cheaper by 500 then the 50$ point cards.
so 19,000 for 200$ sony cards, About to rent a bunch of Blu-rays with the 4 weeks 3 at a time Blockbuster so thats a easy 5000 points just from that by the end of the month, + doing the daily things, and Inviting friends *dont you get more points if they actually sign up from the invites?*
hopefully get 300$+ by next month from it, Free black friday PS3 here i come!
I've been bored and finnaly getting into free stuff, :D yay for 90$ for my first two days of trying.

So, Also, Any new information for ways to get extra points? Maybe we should update it? :)

[quote name='DoReiRei']:( that sucks i missed out on it.
About to get the 20,000 points
100 point cards are cheaper by 500 then the 50$ point cards.
so 19,000 for 200$ sony cards, About to rent a bunch of Blu-rays with the 4 weeks 3 at a time Blockbuster so thats a easy 5000 points just from that by the end of the month, + doing the daily things, and Inviting friends *dont you get more points if they actually sign up from the invites?*
hopefully get 300$+ by next month from it, Free black friday PS3 here i come!
I've been bored and finnaly getting into free stuff, :D yay for 90$ for my first two days of trying.

So, Also, Any new information for ways to get extra points? Maybe we should update it? :)[/QUOTE]

I hope someone does update it because I Just found this thread as I was looking for something that's similar to the Bing stuff Microsoft does, except for Sony and here I am. I really just want stuff for the Playstation Network, like PS3 DLC, I'm still not really sure if any of this stuff is applicable to it.

This probably overlaps the OP a lot, but here is a comprehensive list of how to get points:
For both card-holders and non-cardholders:
25 points per day for Jeopardy question http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/home/jeopardy/
10 points per day for Wheel Watchers puzzle http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/home/wof/
10 points per day for Sony TV trivia http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/home/spt/
10 points +/- once per week for Wheel Watchers flashback trivia http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/clubs/wof/wof_25th_anniversary/
Points plus purchases http://www.sonyrewards.com/elements/widgets/points_plus/
Registering Blu-rays with BD live- 100 points each* http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/clubs/bluray/disc_registration/
Inviting friends

*Note that once you register 10 Blu-rays, the 1,000 points are automatically redeemed for a $10 coupon

Non-cardholders can only redeem full points for any item that costs 10,000 points or more (before Gold/Jackpot discount). This must be a single item, not the total of all items purchased.

Additional points for cardholders:
5x points for Sony purchases (use bonus credit form if not purchasing from Sony Style: https://www.sonyrewards.com/en/your_account/purchase_credit_form/bonus)
3x points for entertainment purchases
1x points for everything else
Double points for Points Plus purchases
5,000, 10,000, or 20,000 bonus points for signing up for the card

Rewards:
The prices shown on Sony Rewards are typically MSRP (or higher in the cases of MAG and MLB The Show) although "Gold Status" gives you a 10% discount and "Jackpot" or "Platinum" gives you a 15% discount. You get these by answering the trivia questions- 9 for Gold and 12 for Platinum within a month

When ordering products, they typically show up within 5-7 business days and sometimes come without a shipping confirmation. They do also deliver on Saturdays.

If you buy something Sony-related with your card, you can fill out the credit redemption form.
https://www.sonyrewards.com/en/your_account/purchase_credit_form/credit
It says it may take 6-8 weeks, but since the switch to Capital One most people are reporting that it occurs within a week. You can also double-dip by filling out a bonus credit form to get the 5x points (basically taking off 5% of your purchase!). Note that you only need one receipt included with the two forms in the same envelope.

This is currently the only way to get PSN vouchers- buy them at a retailer and then apply for the credit.

Other stuff
Every weekday, you can enter 500 points for the Daily Giveaway. Your points are returned around 2:30-3:00pm Eastern the next day if you don't win
Verify your SPIN ID every weekday for a chance to win a big prize https://www.sonyrewards.com/en/clubs/wof/spin_id_verification/
On the second Monday of every month you can enter 1,000 points for the Monthly Dream Prize. Your points are also returned if you don't win (not sure on the exact timing)

Dead offers:
Jeopardy Weekly Tournament- 200 points per week http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/clubs/jeopardy/game/weekly/
Registering products- 500 points each (I assume it's dead from reports)
Sony Credit Card Holder Discount- many products were reduced 15%-20% for cardholders in October

Let me know if you have any questions, I've become fairly learned in the Sony Rewards process. I signed up in the Spring and got the card in October and I've already gotten Killzone 2, inFamous, LittleBigPlanet, and 3D Dot Game Heroes for free with 4,000+ points left over.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had signed up for the new Capital One card, and got something in the mail saying that my address, which I have lived at 3 years and have not had problems with other cards, is not verified... WTH.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']Where do you guys get trivia answers these days? There was a forum in the the op but I think sony started pulling these posts.[/QUOTE]

No that link is still good.

To pay your credit card in points, it must be bought from an authorized retailer right? Does that count buying from amazon which goes through to someone else?

[quote name='DoReiRei']To pay your credit card in points, it must be bought from an authorized retailer right? Does that count buying from amazon which goes through to someone else?[/QUOTE]

Amazon is definitely an authorized retailer. Even if you're buying from a third party through Amazon, I would assume that as long as "Amazon.com" appears on your credit card statement, you should be fine. I'm not sure about buying something used, however- I strongly doubt it since Sony doesn't get the money for it. Worst case scenario is you have to pay the money and don't lose your points- it's worth a shot.

You can call their customer service at 1-866-556-7669 if you need 100% confirmation.

Here is a complete list of their authorized retailers for reference:
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...atalogId=10551&langId=-1&cmsId=sony_retailers

[quote name='hlaalumaster9']Amazon is definitely an authorized retailer. Even if you're buying from a third party through Amazon, I would assume that as long as "Amazon.com" appears on your credit card statement, you should be fine. I'm not sure about buying something used, however- I strongly doubt it since Sony doesn't get the money for it. Worst case scenario is you have to pay the money and don't lose your points- it's worth a shot.

You can call their customer service at 1-866-556-7669 if you need 100% confirmation.

Here is a complete list of their authorized retailers for reference:
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...atalogId=10551&langId=-1&cmsId=sony_retailers[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'll just assume so. Waiting for a good ps3 deal now.

[quote name='luan87us']Going to order Sport Champion Bundle through Amazon with the credit I got from COD Black ops. Am I still eligible to get the credit?[/QUOTE]
You can only get credit for the amount charged to your sonycard.

FYI, I think someone posted this before, but now you have to fill out 2 forms for your bonus points and credit. Don't know if you can send it in the same envelope though (I sent 2).

Also, this was the fastest turnaround ever for the forms. I got both approved within a week.

[quote name='jh6269']FYI, I think someone posted this before, but now you have to fill out 2 forms for your bonus points and credit. Don't know if you can send it in the same envelope though (I sent 2).

Also, this was the fastest turnaround ever for the forms. I got both approved within a week.[/QUOTE]
I read that you could.

[quote name='slowdive21']You can only get credit for the amount charged to your sonycard.[/QUOTE]
Well yeah of course I am aware of that. I was just wondering if they would disqualify me for not purchasing the whole amount with the card.

[quote name='jh6269']FYI, I think someone posted this before, but now you have to fill out 2 forms for your bonus points and credit. Don't know if you can send it in the same envelope though (I sent 2).

Also, this was the fastest turnaround ever for the forms. I got both approved within a week.[/QUOTE]

Yep, you definitely can (someone confirmed with Sony). You only need one copy of the receipt as well with the two forms. I love the new, faster turnaround! Bonus points come faster than the regular ones for using the card!

[quote name='luan87us']Well yeah of course I am aware of that. I was just wondering if they would disqualify me for not purchasing the whole amount with the card.[/QUOTE]

No, it does not disqualify you. I did the same thing with my PSP 3000 GOW bundle that I just got credit for. I had a $25 GameStop gift card, and I used it. The price came out to be $174 (before tax). On my form though, you have to fill out the actual price you payed for the item, and the total amount charged must be greater than, or equal to, the price of all the items in the list.

I was kind of surprised about this, but I did not purchase it from gamestop.com, but they have me 5x points. I know when you buy at amazon and fill out the credit, they only give you 3x bonus points.

Anyway, so my $174.99 purchase was rounded up to $175, and I got $700 bonus points.

Does SONYREWARDS have any sort of Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals in the past for like reduced points or something? I have about 30,000 points currently, and I need to replace my PS3 (fat one broke). I can essentially get it for free, but I am waiting for a BF deal possibly from anywhere...so far, nothing good. I may bite on the MOVE system bundle eventually.

[quote name='doubledown']Does SONYREWARDS have any sort of Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals in the past for like reduced points or something? I have about 30,000 points currently, and I need to replace my PS3 (fat one broke). I can essentially get it for free, but I am waiting for a BF deal possibly from anywhere...so far, nothing good. I may bite on the MOVE system bundle eventually.[/QUOTE]

No, they don't. That's why I bought amazon's bundle last year and used the points for credit to my account.

Bought a PS3 from Target using the HHGregg Price Match a little over a week ago (199.97). Sent in the bonus points redemption form for purchasing a Sony Product at an authorized retailer (Target) on Monday and received the points today. Very quick credit of an additional 800 points.

[quote name='jh6269']I was kind of surprised about this, but I did not purchase it from gamestop.com, but they have me 5x points. I know when you buy at amazon and fill out the credit, they only give you 3x bonus points.[/QUOTE]

I bought 3DDGH at Amazon and got the correct 4x bonus points (they give you 4x as a bonus and you get the other 1x when you statement points are deposited).

bread's done
Back