The DemOTT Mang, OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
So lately I've been thinking about selling my collection of old games, (NES, SNES, Genesis, Dreamcast, N64, PS1, Etc.) to get money for a car, but I kind of have an emotional attachment even though I never play them anymore. I don't know what to do. :???:

[quote name='Bioshocked360']So lately I've been thinking about selling my collection of old games, (NES, SNES, Genesis, Dreamcast, N64, PS1, Etc.) to get money for a car, but I kind of have an emotional attachment even though I never play them anymore. I don't know what to do. :???:[/QUOTE]
Don't bother. You won't get near as much as you think for them, and you'll just regret it later. Crate them up, put them in storage, and they're there when you're ready to go back to them someday.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Don't bother. You won't get near as much as you think for them, and you'll just regret it later. Crate them up, put them in storage, and they're there when you're ready to go back to them someday.[/QUOTE]

this. i couldn't believe how little my OG atari complete in box with manual with gun, paddles and games would go for. not to mention i have a keyboard and various other rare accessories.

Don't lord your Sonics over me!

Well...they are FINALLY coming here...but nothing closeby. One that I know is open is 45 minutes or so away. The other one that might be open is 30 mins away. After that, it's driving north for almost 2 hrs or driving into Ohio.

I like their shakes...but not THAT much.

Oh yeah, Bio...don't do it. The only system I ever sold off was my NES. At the time (first year in college), I thought I needed the money, but it mostly went for beer, IIRC.

I (and my liver) regret that a lot. I had a ton of games that I'd love to play right now.

Take the ones you can get something for and sell them. You won't regret it. Money towards a vehicle > games in a musty cellar.

Don't sell shit for $2 for the hell of it, though.

[quote name='Rocko']Take the ones you can get something for and sell them. You won't regret it. Money towards a vehicle > games in a musty cellar.

Don't sell shit for $2 for the hell of it, though.[/QUOTE]
How much could he possibly get off of old games? Unless he's got a bunch of sealed or hard to find rares, I doubt he'd be able to buy a tank of gas. Classics are in the shitter right now.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']How much could he possibly get off of old games? Unless he's got a bunch of sealed or hard to find rares, I doubt he'd be able to buy a tank of gas. Classics are in the shitter right now.[/QUOTE]

I made enough selling off my old PSX/PS2/GC games, man.

PSX games alone got me like $150-$250 (and that was only like 6 games).
PS2 games? I kept what I might play someday again using BC, but I cleared a fuck ton of them out too... probably cleared several hundred on those.

Super jealous:

allpointswest.jpg

Beastie Boys, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, MSTRKRFT, Q-Tip, The Pharcyde, Crystal Castles, Kool Keith (Dr. Octagon), We Are Scientists, Ghostland Observatory.

Coincidentally, I'm going to be building myself a Blu-Ray shelf this week. Inspired by a piece I saw at Urban Outfitters.

*sigh*

Why can't all movies be as bwallin' as TGTBATU? The final standoff is still one of the greatest sequences put to film.

That's why I didn't buy them. They had another pair like that except the green stripes were dark and the white sole was black, but I dunno, they just didn't do it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back