st0neface

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
"Whether chocolate or vanilla, or you're somewhere in between
A cappuccino mocha or a caramel queen
Rejected by the black, not accepted by the white world
And this is dedicated to them dark skinned white girls"

Of course, written and performed by the one and only Coolio.

[quote name='bulge']
Bill Murray did a great job in it, and it was a great movie. I was just saying in comparison with Wes Andersen's other works, which were awesome, I don't think it was as good.[/QUOTE]

Like what, that borderline stinkfest that was The Darjeleeing Limited?

Here's my ranking for WA movies:

The Royal Tenenbaums>The Life Aquatic>Bottle Rocket>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Darjeleeing Limited.

Now, those first three are very close, so take that for what you will.

To continue the discussion from the last OTT. Here is my ranking of Wes Andersen's movies:

The Royal Tennenbaums > The Darjeeling Limited > Bottle Rocket > The Life Aquatic

The Darjeeling limited was just a different movie, way heavier on the drama then on the comedy. However, there was just something I really really liked about it.

EDIT: The first three are very close for me as well.

Darjeeling kicks the hell out of everything else he's ever done.

I'm not sure how I feel about the rest. But the first half to 2/3 of DL were better than the other 3 for me. No question.

I liked Darjeeling, so I REALLY need to check out those others.

You know anywhere I can watch The Royal Tenenbaums online, hulu style?

[quote name='DarthPuma']Well fuck it then, I'll stick to water all the time.

I want to learn how to eat healthy too. Not like diet healthy, like good for your body feel better all the time healthy.[/quote]

cut down on eating anything pre-packaged. read ingredient lists. know how to read nutrition labels. realize that many times a single bottle of soda, etc contains 2.5 servings and those 100 calories are only for 1 serving. the best way to eat healthy is to prepare your own food from fresh local ingredients and to cook them as little as possible.

Wes Anderson's American Express commercial is better than 90% of the shit Hollywood puts out. That's kind of awesome and really ____ing sad at the same time. :0)

It's official: You $$$$a's are crazy.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Wes Anderson's American Express commercial is better than 90% of the shit Hollywood puts out. That's kind of awesome and really ____ing sad at the same time. :0)[/QUOTE]

That commercial was the shit. I don't see how anyone can say the Darjeleeing Limited was better that The Life Aquatic. I really don't see how someone can say it's better than Bottle Rocket.

Evening OTT

fucking niece is teething. One of my shoulders is soaked in baby drool.

But Family Tech Support isn't all bad. I got Battle of the Bands and a Stranglehold(again) for $5 each.

The Wii game is for my one cousins who're getting a Wii for X-mas. I bought it 'for them' cause I wanna play all of the different styles if 'Insane in the Brain' :whistle2:#

Also, sr.woohoo, you around? PM me plz.

[quote name='munch']It's official: You $$$$a's are crazy.

That commercial was the shit. I don't see how anyone can say the Darjeleeing Limited was better that The Life Aquatic. I really don't see how someone can say it's better than Bottle Rocket.[/quote]

I felt that I actually liked the characters and wanted to see more of them in Darjeeling. I didn't really feel that so much in TLA... now maybe if I watched it again it would grow on me more.

[quote name='Chika']cut down on eating anything pre-packaged. read ingredient lists. know how to read nutrition labels. realize that many times a single bottle of soda, etc contains 2.5 servings and those 100 calories are only for 1 serving. the best way to eat healthy is to prepare your own food from fresh local ingredients and to cook them as little as possible.[/QUOTE]

I always look at the nutrition facts. I try to stay away from stuff with a high fat/saturated fat percentage. I very very rarely drink soda, like, once a month, and even then it's diet.

It's really hard to eat healthy in my house, because no one wants too. I try to do little things like grab the lean pockets instead of hot pockets, but they always get pissed at me.

We eat out a lot too, generally once a day. Any tips on how to eat healthier when out?

I'm not looking to lose weight, I just want to be healthier. I notice that I get sick a lot easier than I should, I'm tired a lot, etc.

I know I need to add some cardio excercise to go with the weightlifting I do. I'm getting an elliptical from my grandma so I'm not going to have any excuse to not have a daily cardio routine.

[quote name='munch']Like what, that borderline stinkfest that was The Darjeleeing Limited?

Here's my ranking for WA movies:

The Royal Tenenbaums>The Life Aquatic>Bottle Rocket>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Darjeleeing Limited.

Now, those first three are very close, so take that for what you will.[/QUOTE]

my only change to this would be TLA=BR.

[quote name='darthbudge']I felt that I actually liked the characters and wanted to see more of them in Darjeeling. I didn't really feel that so much in TLA... now maybe if I watched it again it would grow on me more.[/QUOTE]

That's the problem. Like all of his movies, you can't just watch them once. That is especially true for The Royal Tenenbaums and The Life Aquatic. You need to watch it again.

[quote name='darthbudge']I felt that I actually liked the characters and wanted to see more of them in Darjeeling. I didn't really feel that so much in TLA... now maybe if I watched it again it would grow on me more.[/QUOTE]

Darjeeling to me was the least random. And that counted for something... It felt like a continual story. The Life Aquatic is very random to me. Bottle Rocket and The Royal Tennebaums were a little more cohesive.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Wait, why are you guys omitting Rushmore? :|[/QUOTE]

Totally, I'm an idiot. Rushmore is the best.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Wait, why are you guys omitting Rushmore? :|[/quote]

I personally haven't seen that one yet... it is in my Netflix queue though.

Are you being sarcastic? That's my favorite but it might be for sentimental reasons. It was also my first Criterion. :0)

[quote name='DarthPuma']I always look at the nutrition facts. I try to stay away from stuff with a high fat/saturated fat percentage. I very very rarely drink soda, like, once a month, and even then it's diet.

It's really hard to eat healthy in my house, because no one wants too. I try to do little things like grab the lean pockets instead of hot pockets, but they always get pissed at me.

We eat out a lot too, generally once a day. Any tips on how to eat healthier when out?

I'm not looking to lose weight, I just want to be healthier. I notice that I get sick a lot easier than I should, I'm tired a lot, etc.

I know I need to add some cardio excercise to go with the weightlifting I do. I'm getting an elliptical from my grandma so I'm not going to have any excuse to not have a daily cardio routine.[/quote]

avoid sauces (other than marinara) and gravy, particularly brown gravy. get steamed veggies without butter. get grilled or broiled chicken or seafood. go for lean cuts of beef as opposed to the tasty fatty ones. in general they give you more than one serving of carb and protein so eat the veggies first and cut the starch/meat in half and only eat thehalf.

Me? I'm being serious, it's my favorite too. I don't know why I left it out. Well, it might be right behind Tenenbaums.

[quote name='munch']Me? I'm being serious, it's my favorite too. I don't know why I left it out. Well, it might be right behind Tenenbaums.[/quote]

tenenbaums and darjeeling are my two favorites. changes depending on my mood. then rushmore, then life aquatic, then bottle rocket.

[quote name='munch']Yes. You should give some to me.[/quote]

Nahh, you're already Gold.

Plus there's other OTTers who asked first.

:nottalking:

[quote name='manthing']Nahh, you're already Gold.

Plus there's other OTTers who asked first.

:nottalking:[/QUOTE]

But I need to stay gold, mang. Send me three months, please ???????

How do you rank Wes Andersen Brakmang?

rushmore and royal tennebaums feel like they could be part of the same movie at points, where they're random and odd but still telling a story that makes some sense. life aquatic is very schizophrenic.

[quote name='munch']How do you rank Wes Andersen Brakmang?[/QUOTE]
I don't feel comfortable ranking them. :'[

[quote name='Brak']I don't feel comfortable ranking them. :'[[/QUOTE]

you're crazy. You can't tell me that you like one over the other, or are you getting all $$$gy and saying that you can't rank art? Either way it stinks.

"Wow Temporaryscars, you haven't seen any John Carpenter movies?!" - The OTT

Lulz.

Lordwow is an amazing L4D player. Anyone else want to play in a little bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back