The Eighth Annual CAG March Madness Contest - Brackets Busted in Record Time!

you know everyone is messed up after round 1 ( i know 2)

first place 25 pts
26th place 22 pts LOL

might still be in it the DUKE part

got
kentucky vs indiana (what should happen)
Baylor vs ----- what baylor shouldnt have a problem beating either

I missed the first half of the Syracuse/Kansas State game, but the fact that the score is even this close blows my mind with how the KSU offense is playing. They're so timid and look very intimidated by the Syrcause defense , so I'm not sure how this game is reasonably close when they look like they're outmatched in every way.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I missed the first half of the Syracuse/Kansas State game, but the fact that the score is even this close blows my mind with how the KSU offense is playing. They're so timid and look very intimidated by the Syrcause defense , so I'm not sure how this game is reasonably close when they look like they're outmatched in every way.[/QUOTE]

Lots and lots of offensive rebounds.

Not in the second half. Syracuse took ownership of everything in the arc in the second half, which made KSU take lots of awkward shots just to get something off.

The Marquette/Murray State game was the entertaining version of the Texas/Cincy game from yesterday, as both teams played hard on defense rather than each team playing poorly on offense.

Not a bad day so far but I have my two big upset picks coming up. I put Colorado over Baylor and Creighton over North Carolina. That is going to make or break me. I wish I would have read the scoring rules before I filled out my brackets. Each right pick is not worth just one point but higher points as the round progress. Round 1=1, 2=2, 3=4, 4=8, 5 =16, 6=32 so I might be leaving alot of points on the table with underdog picks.

I quit watching because of yesterday I plummeted toward the bottom of the rankings, now im hovering for being tied at 11 wtf? March is indeed mad haha

in case it hasnt been mentioned before you can get free access to watching the games on your pc/phone by texting 0COLORADO to 2653. Enter the code on ncaa.com/cokezero

they were out of codes earlier but I just did it 10 min ago and it worked.

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']in case it hasnt been mentioned before you can get free access to watching the games on your pc/phone by texting 0COLORADO to 2653. Enter the code on ncaa.com/cokezero

they were out of codes earlier but I just did it 10 min ago and it worked.[/QUOTE]

It seems like the streaming quality was smoother when the service was free.

FSU losing pretty much screwed me, as I had them in the Final Four. Best I can finish now is 5th, according to the scenario generator (I LOVE that thing - total genius).

Also, my 4 year old is now beating me :whistle2:( (although he had Texas vs Baylor in the championship game so I will probably surpass him in the end)

Michigan State fell to Louisville and Syracuse squeaked past Wisconsin. Ohio State's up by 12 at the half and Florida/Marquette's pretty close about halfway through the first quarter. I was surprised to see that these games started so late.

These games are starting too late. It's one thing to go this late when you're trying to fit 16 games in one day. It's something else when you've only got four to play.

According to the scenario generator I still have a chance at first, but some miraculous stuff has to happen in order for that to happen. If Kentucky loses to Indiana somehow, I'm looking really good.

I'm not understanding the "points" part of it, but if the rest of my picks pan out, I should be at the top, but, we'll see. Which is a surprise, I didn't go into this thinking I'd even be in the top 10 honestly, so I'm happy to hold on to 3rd for as long as I can. Good luck all.

Here are the possible lists of winners based on the Final Four outcomes:

If Kentucky beats Louisville, Ohio State beats Kansas, and Kentucky beats Ohio State:
1. evildeadjedi
2. 4thHorsemen
3. RenoTurk11

If Ohio State wins the National Championship:
1. kklems
t-2. Double O Slevin
t-2. running riot

If Kentucky beats Louisville, Kansas beats Ohio State, and Kentucky beats Kansas:
1. sfabo
2. kyden139
3. Jobbercho

If Kentucky beats Louisville, Kansas beats Ohio State, and Kansas beats Kentucky:
1. V Gundam
2. AKay724
3. sfabo

If Louisville beats Kentucky, Kansas beats Ohio State, and Louisville beats Kansas:
1. JP
2. sfabo
3. Kyden139

If Louisville beats Kentucky, Kansas beats Ohio State, and Kansas beats Louisville:
1. V Gundam
2. AKay724
3. Stoneage

If Louisville beats Kentucky, Ohio State beats Kansas, and Louisville beats Ohio State:
1. JP
2. kklems
t-3. Double O Slevin
t-3. running riot

Looking at my rank I didn't think I had any chance of being in the top. Let's go Louisville! Maybe picking based on my favorites wasn't so bad this year.

Kentucky/Louisville is on now and Ohio State/Kansas will be on after that.

I can't stand watching Kentucky games because they keep zooming in on Captain Unibrow's ugly mug all throughout the game.

Remaining possible outcomes:

If Kentucky beats Louisville, Ohio State beats Kansas, and Kentucky beats Ohio State:
1. evildeadjedi
2. 4thHorsemen
3. RenoTurk11

If Ohio State wins the National Championship:
1. kklems
t-2. Double O Slevin
t-2. running riot

If Kentucky beats Louisville, Kansas beats Ohio State, and Kentucky beats Kansas:
1. sfabo
2. kyden139
3. Jobbercho

If Kentucky beats Louisville, Kansas beats Ohio State, and Kansas beats Kentucky:
1. V Gundam
2. AKay724
3. sfabo

Remaining outcomes:

1. sfabo
2. kyden139
3. Jobbercho

1. V Gundam
2. AKay724
3. sfabo

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Kentucky/Louisville is on now and Ohio State/Kansas will be on after that.

I can't stand watching Kentucky games because they keep zooming in on Captain Unibrow's ugly mug all throughout the game.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I know. It's like two caterpillars are getting ready to have sex on his face.

DAVIS_ANTHONY_150_7_26.JPG

Congrats to UK and KU for making the championship game!

Now a few words on my Buckeyes.

The loss stings however I'm still proud of this team.

They were able to navigate some tough games and got the Sweet 16 monkey off their backs.

UK would have most likely smashed us but we'll never know.

I'm pulling for Kansas on Monday but I doubt they can beat UK.

Looks like another banner will be taken from the rafters of Rupp Arena in due time.

Willy B showed up when it counted but an off night by Thomas sunk this ship.

Thanks for the four years Willy B you will go down as one of the Buckeye greats.

Craft played great but couldn't take over the game like he did against the Zags.

This team looked dead in the water in February and put together a strong March.

I hope Sully and Thomas come back but I doubt they will. They both could use another year to improve their games, however there is the fear of injuries. Also, the allure of the money from the NBA is tough to resist for most players.

Oh well, bring on the rest of the new era: Thompson, Scarlet Mamba, Ross, Williams, and of course Craft badger.

The winners of the contest:

1. sfabo
2. kyden139
3. Jobbercho

I'll be sending you guys a PM in the morning so we can get prizes sorted out.

Congrats to the winners and I'm glad the game was actually interesting. I had my doubts after the first half. However, Kansas is normally a second half team. Congrats to UK they certainly earned the title!

bread's done
Back