The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/11/11

Completed 1550/1550 last night. :D Rather than try to powerlevel skills from level 50 to 78, I decided to just revert to an earlier save and use the Oghma Infinium exploit to get to level 81. No luck at Shearpoint or Lost Tongue Overlook, but I did get a Legendary Dragon on my first visit to Arcwind Point.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Completed 1550/1550 last night. :D Rather than try to powerlevel skills from level 50 to 78, I decided to just revert to an earlier save and use the Oghma Infinium exploit to get to level 81. No luck at Shearpoint or Lost Tongue Overlook, but I did get a Legendary Dragon on my first visit to Arcwind Point.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I did. Congrats, fellow 1550'er.

[quote name='RCS0926']Dumb question, but how do you delete saves in Skyrim? I have close to 400 for my single character. I haven't looked up how to manage your saves, but I'd appreciate it if anyone can give me a quick explanation of how to do so. I'll see if I can clean up my saves over the weekend.[/QUOTE]

I think you hit X or something on the file you want to delete while loading/saving in game.

[quote name='IanKazimer']I think you hit X or something on the file you want to delete while loading/saving in game.[/QUOTE]
You could probably also delete them from the System/Storage menu in the Dashboard.

Oh boy. So you know Delvin from the Thieves Guild, he wants little trinkets you may pick up. I only need to get the last one, the Dwemer Puzzle Cube, and when i go get it and pick it up, it doesnt give me the rest of the quest to give it to Delvin. :bomb:

My iPhone :D

img20130121184346.jpg

I've played it twice - on PC and on Xbox. I recommend it in both way! i liked it even more on Xbox. Generally - it's my favourite game!

Finally fought my first dragon. The fight was very easy, but I still enjoyed the experience nonetheless. I've discovered a few shouts, so it will be nice to finally be able to use them. I look forward to having random dragon encounters.

I was also able to purchase Breezehome, and I moved all the items I had stored in a random barrel in Whiterun over to the chest in my new home.

I started a new character, up to level 19 1/2. Last time i played i had accumulated 9 perks to use LOL. I used some but still have 4 left to use. My highest skills so far are Sneak 60, Lock Picking 49, Light Amor 46, Destruction 43, Speech 37.

Ive already done all the thieves guild quests except returning the skeleton key. Im keeping that until i get 100 in lock picking. Makes it so much easier. :D

So i have Thieves Guild armor, Nightingale armor, and now im going through the Dark Brotherhood quests.

Im trying to major in magic, i need to go to the college of winterhold and learn some new stuff. Most of the spells i know are just novice spells. Whenever i level up i usually use it on magic or health.

Im trying to buy the house in Windhelm, and ive already done the quest that involves the house, but i cant buy it yet. Probably because i havent gone through the stormcloak quests yet. But ive helped a lot of people in that city so far. So my best guess is thats whats stopping me from being able to buy that house.

Any rumors out there about there being a new version of the strategy guide sometime in the next year, maybe when a GotY version comes out? Selling my CE guide now on Amazon since it doesn't have the DLC in it and it seems like they usually release a GotY guide.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Any rumors out there about there being a new version of the strategy guide sometime in the next year, maybe when a GotY version comes out? Selling my CE guide now on Amazon since it doesn't have the DLC in it and it seems like they usually release a GotY guide.[/QUOTE]

How much are they going for? I have an original still with map and map code that I might let go for a good price...

[quote name='Mr Dude65']How much are they going for? I have an original still with map and map code that I might let go for a good price...[/QUOTE]

$30 used is the cheapest price right now.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']That's more than I paid, so I may consider ebaying it.[/QUOTE]

I was quoting Amazon, don't shop on EBay anymore.

Bethesda announced today there is no more Skyrim DLC coming and other than minor updates are done with Skyrim. The 1.9 update that saw the "prestiging" for skills is likely the last major update.

I wonder when the GotY version hits then? I'll be getting a new strat guide then.

Please release a GOTY version very soon Bethesda. I really wanna play the DLC, but spending 45 bucks on it seems pretty foolish especially if they are releasing it all on disc soon.

Does anyone know the MSRP on Bethesda GOTY games when they come out?

[quote name='MSUHitman']Bethesda announced today there is no more Skyrim DLC coming and other than minor updates are done with Skyrim. The 1.9 update that saw the "prestiging" for skills is likely the last major update.[/QUOTE]

Terrible news is terrible unless there is a Fallout 4 announcement coming soon. :cry:

[quote name='NeedleInTheHay']Please release a GOTY version very soon Bethesda. I really wanna play the DLC, but spending 45 bucks on it seems pretty foolish especially if they are releasing it all on disc soon.

Does anyone know the MSRP on Bethesda GOTY games when they come out?[/QUOTE]

It will be $60 and stay that price for close to a year most likely since it took 16 months for Skyrim vanilla to get an MSRP drop.

You just missed all the DLC's being 1/2 off for the XBox Spring Sale. If the past is any indication though, there will be plenty of chances to get it on sale later.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Really thought there was one more DLC coming. :([/QUOTE]

Yeah what happened to that rumor about the whole possibility Cyrodiil was inside of Skyrim. Well guess it was just a rumor then, (they had me going with the evident screens and video footage seeing far away lands while zoomed out).

I think that was more that they just built the map out really far. It's not unusual for an exterior map to be built out into areas the player can see into but not access.

(In this case you can't actually see into those areas without using a noclip cheat, but during development they might not have known in advance exactly how far outside Skyrim the player would be able to see from various vantage points.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone that still has all the pieces of their Skyrim CE can make a pretty penny if they want as opened and complete it sells for $150-$180 on Amazon currently, sealed for $250-$300.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MSUHitman']Anyone that still has all the pieces of their Skyrim CE can make a pretty penny if they want as opened and complete it sells for $150-$180 on Amazon currently, sealed for $250.[/QUOTE]

that is tempting, but the statue looks too nice in my room and the book is a great read.

[quote name='NeedleInTheHay']Those of you that completed every achievement, how many hours did you put in to hit the mark?[/QUOTE]
Somewhere between 80 and 100 I think...

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Somewhere between 80 and 100 I think...[/QUOTE]

wow im at 110 hours and still have some to go in the vanilla version, i haven't even started any of the DLC yet.

[quote name='NeedleInTheHay']wow im at 110 hours and still have some to go in the vanilla version, i haven't even started any of the DLC yet.[/QUOTE]
It may have been more than that... Last time I remember looking at the timer, I think it was at 80-something hours. But I can't remember if I had done the Dragonborn and Dawnguard DLCs before that, or after. And after those I still had the Mage and Thief Guild questlines to finish... Suffice to say you're looking at approximately 100 hours, give or take.

These f'n games make me wander around sooooooo much. I am also very OCD-ish at times and am compelled to collect every, single piece of crap wherever I go. So I am guessing I put in way over 100 hours and am not close to 1000...

[quote name='MSUHitman']Anyone that still has all the pieces of their Skyrim CE can make a pretty penny if they want as opened and complete it sells for $150-$180 on Amazon currently, sealed for $250-$300.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... I tried selling mine on CL and eBay for months. Then I put it in a corner. Guess its time to try and sell it again.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Hmm... I tried selling mine on CL and eBay for months. Then I put it in a corner. Guess its time to try and sell it again.[/QUOTE]

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...=&coliid=&condition=used&me=&qid=&seller=&sr=

Note there's major issues with the 3 used listings on there as I type this: 1 is just the game/bonus DVD, 1 is just the statue/artbook, and the other is just the game, bonus DVD, and statue opened. That last one is at $130 and the cheapest sealed one is $234 so I would say a near complete used one should be priced around $150-$180. (I don't have the outer box but I have the dragon statue unopened and the art book/game/bonus DVD in near mint condition.)

[quote name='MSUHitman']http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...=&coliid=&condition=used&me=&qid=&seller=&sr=

Note there's major issues with the 3 used listings on there as I type this: 1 is just the game/bonus DVD, 1 is just the statue/artbook, and the other is just the game, bonus DVD, and statue opened. That last one is at $130 and the cheapest sealed one is $234 so I would say a near complete used one should be priced around $150-$180. (I don't have the outer box but I have the dragon statue unopened and the art book/game/bonus DVD in near mint condition.)[/QUOTE]

Yup mines sealed.

Last night I finally hit every achievement for the vanilla version and dragonborn, now I just gotta wait for a sale on the other 2 DLC. I can't justify spending 25 bucks on them. I bought dragonborn cause I read it was the better bang for your buck DLC plus I got it 5 bucks off retail price.

Now i've hit every single achievement except for legendary dragon.

For the people that got this, what level were you and where did you encounter one?

I'm level 64 playing on Master and haven't run into one, some threads said you needed to be level 78 but others said that wasn't true including a video on youtube where a guy shows he is level 50 and is about to fight one.

[quote name='NeedleInTheHay']Now i've hit every single achievement except for legendary dragon.

For the people that got this, what level were you and where did you encounter one?[/QUOTE]

I was at level 78. From multiple sites, this appears to be when they start to appear. Although, others have reported seeing the legendary dragon in the low 70's.

[quote name='nospammy_please']I was at level 78. From multiple sites, this appears to be when they start to appear. Although, others have reported seeing the legendary dragon in the low 70's.[/QUOTE]

man i don't know if i'm gonna make that one

[quote name='NeedleInTheHay']man i don't know if i'm gonna make that one[/QUOTE]

scratch that, i'm now a proud member of the 1550 club

this is the first time i've got 100 percent completion on a current gen game system (not counting walking dead)

Skyrim has finally killed my dvd drive on my 360...was going to get the on demand version since I'm going to be going through withdrawl from not playing it, but it's still $29.99...any idea if this will be going on sale anytime soon or should I just bite the bullet and use up my Christmas credit and buy it?

I think it went on sale around the holidays so will probably be at least another couple months. A while back though eBay was flooded with Download tides for the game from 360 bundles so there may still be some left at a good price.

bread's done
Back