The End of Borders Bookstore: It's now over :_(

Today is the final day for the Sterling, VA store as well, but I went yesterday and there was barely anything left (found exactly one book I wanted in the whole store), so I really can't imagine it being worth the trip today.

Strange thing. I was in mine at Cranberry pa and it's till looks like business as usual. not much on sale yet.

Went Friday and Luckily mine had a bunch of steampunk books left for $1 a piece (everything left was $1 a piece, supposedly Sat was the final day). So Managed to get 12 books for 12 dollars, in addition to the other steampunk books I got the previous week for 70% off. Also got two copies of Pam Grier's book Foxy. Going to be meeting her the end of October in a celeb convention, so got those for her to sign.

Def gonna miss Borders. Booksmillion is coming to replace it, but after seeing how crappy some of their stores look, doubt I'll be shopping there.

[quote name='praxus07']Went Friday and Luckily mine had a bunch of steampunk books left for $1 a piece (everything left was $1 a piece, supposedly Sat was the final day). So Managed to get 12 books for 12 dollars, in addition to the other steampunk books I got the previous week for 70% off. Also got two copies of Pam Grier's book Foxy. Going to be meeting her the end of October in a celeb convention, so got those for her to sign.

Def gonna miss Borders. Booksmillion is coming to replace it, but after seeing how crappy some of their stores look, doubt I'll be shopping there.[/QUOTE]
:bomb: Ah fuck. I really thought today woulda been the final day of business, which is why I put off going up there last night.:cry:

I drove by there earlier today and there was one vehicle in the lot but the store was dark.

Oh well. There wasn't anything I desperately needed left when I was in the area last week to do some game trades at BB. That is, unless I needed multiple copies of that Anuna or whatever Christmas DVD that they had shittons of up by the front registers.:lol:

On Friday the one worker said they'd be open till 1pm Saturday, but when we went by around 4pm they were still open. There really was nothing left on Friday. I grabbed almost everything left that was steampunk/sci-fi. The rest was leftover political/business autobiographies, african american books, and a tiny bit of the teen twilight-esque "New Kid" series. So nothing much at all.

I got a total of 29 books, and one blu-ray. I figured it out and it would have cost, without any discounts, just shy of $460. So not a bad haul, especially since it's all stuff I will actually read.

I only really wanted the Hunted: Demon's Forge guide they had left when I was there earlier in the week. Although they also had season 1 of Buffy on DVD when I was there last too. I figured if that(and the huge Avatar 3-D book that was behind the front counter) survived I'd pick up the three items on the last day, which I really thought would have been today.

Only reason I would've bought anything else would've been by copyright date and to see if Amazon would have taken them in for trade for $3-5 each after buying for $1 a pop.;)

I really wish we were getting a Half Price Books in that Borders location as opposed to a Books-A-Million, which I'm sure will be as sucky of a trade off as losing the Circuit City store nearby was to gain a HHMSRPOROVER(HHGregg).

Well it's over folks...

You know what? I should have checked to see if they were selling their wireless transmitting equipment..................fuck!!

bread's done
Back