The Falcons Are In The Wild - But Rarer Than A Mewtwo! Gotta' Catch Them All!

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Does nyone know if the Pro systems have the same SKU as the Pro systems with Forza 2 and Marvel? I'm thinking of returning the system and trying to get a few games though my sense of morality probably won't allow me[/QUOTE]

Many will, as a lot of them are just regular pros that they opened, put the game case in, resealed the box and slapped a couple stickers on the box.

[quote name='Zen Davis']So any news on the falcon systems?[/QUOTE]
They are out there but not so easy to find. If you go on xbox.com's forums there is a few good threads on the Falcon.

I have a Lot 0732 team: CSON and it has only 2 coils (they are wrapped in red copper, not the normal orange color) and the updated heatsink. Weird that it is on such an old Xbox, but I'm happy.

[quote name='DomLando']They are out there but not so easy to find. If you go on xbox.com's forums there is a few good threads on the Falcon.[/quote]

So they only let loose a few and they're steadily introducing more?

I picked up a pro bundle yesterday at BB, here are the specs:
Lot-736
Team-FDOU
Manufacture date- 09-05-07
DVD drive-Hitachi ( wish it was a Ben-Q)
Stickers on box not GO PRO
Fans-DC Brushless
Falcon chip with 2 inductors and new heatpipe

I also purchased the 2 year PRP.

[quote name='Zen Davis']So they only let loose a few and they're steadily introducing more?[/QUOTE]
I guess they still have 360's with the old chips still being shipped to stores. So right now even just by lot # you are not guaranteed a Falcon. Some people with higher lots have the Falcon some don't. Right now it is just luck of the draw.

I saw a tower of premiums at worst-buy today and all of them were the sku that came with Forza and marvel ultimate alliance, i think this is a newer bundle. I wonder if it has the falcons ?

Dont know why this posted twice ?????
|
|
\/

I saw a tower of premiums at worst-buy today and all of them were the sku that came with Forza and marvel ultimate alliance, i think this is a newer bundle. I wonder if it has the falcons ?

Do you guys really care that much abouting getting a falcon? Its actually really funny. Its like your waiting for the second coming of jesus( loved that family guy flash back)

[quote name='slickkill77']Do you guys really care that much abouting getting a falcon? Its actually really funny. Its like your waiting for the second coming of jesus( loved that family guy flash back)[/quote]
It's actually more like a "Get Out of Being Screwed Over Free" card than the second coming of Jesus. But that's just me.

I mean enough people already worship the console that it can be considered Jesus anyway. With that said though, I guess you can call the Falcon consoles "The Jesus 2".

Maybe I dont care because my launch console lasted me until this september and I recently bought another to replace the old one. Once again theres nothing that proves these are any more reliable or problematic than the new heat sinked 360's

[quote name='slickkill77']Maybe I dont care because my launch console lasted me until this september and I recently bought another to replace the old one. Once again theres nothing that proves these are any more reliable or problematic than the new heat sinked 360's[/quote]
But on the other hand there's no proof that Jesus existed either. But billlions still chose to believe.

[quote name='Zen Davis']But on the other hand there's no proof that Jesus existed either. But billlions still chose to believe.[/quote]

..But the bible says so :)

[quote name='anomynous']Yeah, pretty much.[/QUOTE]

Regarding the hard drive-has anyone actually done a comparison of games with and without the drive? I mean games SHOULD be designed around it, but because it's not standard, they may not actually be taking that good of use of it.

I'd love someone to do a comparison.

At any rate, the new Arcade bundle seems much less lame to me than the core. Just having that memory card in there at least makes it useable without having to spend $40-100 to play games. It would be nice if it had a component cable, but then it does have HDMI, and the Arcade (and core for that matter) are a steal compared to the Wii at $250.

[quote name='Zen Davis']So the Arcade is a waste like the Core?[/QUOTE]

Mostly, but not as bad since it has HDMI, a wireless controller and a memory card, where as the Core didn't have HDMI, came with a wired controller and had no memory card.

But still it really only makes sense to someone who has no broadband, and thus could take advantage of demos, DLC etc. and who doesn't want to use component Otherwise you're going to want a hard drive and buying that and the cable would take away the value.

[quote name='Zen Davis']It's actually more like a "Get Out of Being Screwed Over Free" card than the second coming of Jesus. But that's just me.
[/QUOTE]

As has been said before, the Falcon probably won't help much in that regard since the GPU is what overheats and causes problems and the Falcon is just a smaller CPU.

The added heat sink in every unit now has a better chance of being that card. But with the three year warranty, I personally didn't worry about it at all when I found a good deal on a Premium system.

Hopefully won't need to use, but if I do, oh well. Give me an excuse to dust off the Wii.

I need to be cleared up on the 360's warranty information here:

All new 360s come with a 1-year warranty that cover it for any problems right? Does the 3-year extended warranty only apply then to launch consoles?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I need to be cleared up on the 360's warranty information here:

All new 360s come with a 1-year warranty that cover it for any problems right? Does the 3-year extended warranty only apply then to launch consoles?[/QUOTE]

All consoles come with 3 year warranty for the Red Ring of Death Problem, 1 year for any other problem.

[quote name='dmaul1114']All consoles come with 3 year warranty for the Red Ring of Death Problem, 1 year for any other problem.[/quote]Thank you for clearing that up for me.

I'm getting a new 360 today from gamestop because mine has been freezing up. Will I get the hdmi 360 or an old premium? What are the odds I get a falcon chip in mine? What lot number should I look for?

It's probably impossible to get a 360 from Gamestop that doesn't have HDMI.

Get a FDOU 739 or later if you want a good shot of getting a Falcon (though it's not guaranteed).

I got a FDOU 739, 9-24-07 and it is a Falcon with a BenQ drive, which is about as good as you can do (though it's still too loud).

Interestingly, the 360's GPU *WAS* shrunk in Falcon. It's down to 80nm from 90, so it might actually help a bit for the RRoD. (Although technically it might have shrunk prior to the introduction of the Falcon board).

Obviously to early to tell since most problems started 6 months to a year after launch (outside of the crezy heavy users).

But common sense would indicate that they would be. MS is losing a fuckton of money to repair the faulty ones, so one would think the new heat sink etc. were added to make them more reliable and save them money.

[quote name='MadFlava']Does anyone know if the newer 360's are more reliable than before?[/QUOTE]

All indications are the 360's made in July and after are quite a bit more reliable.

I received a 360 from MS with the date of 10/30/2007... It's a pro system but no HDMI, I assume that means no falcon either then?

[quote name='dmaul1114']Was finally able to see the heat sink and inductors in my 360 (holiday bundle from Frys.com.

It's the Zephyr as the heat sink has the copper pipe and there are 3 inductors which indicate Zepher (see http://forums.xbox.com/15804553/ShowPost.aspx).

Mine is lot 0736 team FDOU and manuf date of 2007-09-08[/QUOTE]

The page you linked does not exist.

I've picked up two Elites (long story, I only have one) the past few days, and both were manufactured in August. Consoles with older manufacture dates have simply been repackaged (poorly, the free game case was shattered) to include the freebies. You can tell by the multiple sticker overlaps on the side of the box.

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']I've picked up two Elites (long story, I only have one) the past few days, and both were manufactured in August. Consoles with older manufacture dates have simply been repackaged (poorly, the free game case was shattered) to include the freebies. You can tell by the multiple sticker overlaps on the side of the box.[/QUOTE]

AFAIK ALL 360 packages are just normal with the games added in. If the game case was shattered the person doing it did a terrible job. I got mine from Gamestop and it was done pretty well. Game case wasn't wrapped, but still had the "do not tamper" type seal on the side, clearly hadn't been opened.

[quote name='Indiana']I received a 360 from MS with the date of 10/30/2007... It's a pro system but no HDMI, I assume that means no falcon either then?[/QUOTE]

This is one that came back from repair? That's probably a refurbish date or something like that, as AFAIK it's impossible to get one that new that isn't at least a Zephyr. I haven't even heard of any new units having that recent a manufacturer date-I don't think they'd be in stores yet.

Not sure when the original design quit being made, but I'm pretty sure it's been exclusively Zephyrs and now Falcons for months now.

[quote name='Wolfpup']This is one that came back from repair? That's probably a refurbish date or something like that, as AFAIK it's impossible to get one that new that isn't at least a Zephyr. I haven't even heard of any new units having that recent a manufacturer date-I don't think they'd be in stores yet.

Not sure when the original design quit being made, but I'm pretty sure it's been exclusively Zephyrs and now Falcons for months now.[/QUOTE]

Yes this is the replacement system I received after my old system had an RROD.

Does MS put a new serial number and Manufacture date on systems they repair?

Yeah, I think they do. I think someone even said they were sticking new dates and numbers on unopened systems (in Europe maybe?)

Ok, new tip on finding a falcon from the xbox.com forums.

Apparently more recent falcon consoles are shipping with a 175w power supply instead of the 203w one, and you can tell this from the labels.

Now some falcon consoles do come with the 203w (as that's the peak rating) so don't think that becasue you have a 203w doesn't mean you have a falcon.

This just means that when in th store if you 175w on the label you can be sure that box has a falcon in it from now on.

175w.jpg

http://forums.xbox.com/79/15804553/ShowPost.aspx#15804553

odd, I got an Elite with the Go Big Box but it read as 203W and not Team FDOU and lot 743

but I did the inductor test and sure enough there's only two, so it looks like a Falcon AFAIK

Yep, that should be a Falcon.

Like the info above points out, 175W isn't required to get a falcon, it's just a way to be sure that you get one.

There are probably a lot of 203W out there that have falcons as they probably just switched to 175 after they used up all the old power supply hardware.

Long story short,
Wife picked me up a Premium system on Black Friday and it was not a Falcon. This was the Holiday Bundle with Forza 2 and Marvel. The box did not say Go Pro on it. 203 watts, manufactured Sept.29 2007. Went to Best Buy today hoping I may see a Falcon. They had what looked like a brand new shipment of them in just glistening calling my name! I looked them all over and they were all the same. 175watts,Team FDOU, Manufacture date of November 1, 2007.( Very recent! ) The Box says "Go Pro" on it unlike the other one. Brought it home and did the final Flashlight test............. I got the Golden ticket=) Like to say thanks to all CAGERS as I am new to this community and have learned a lot here so far. Saving money too! Wife wont let me open it untill Christmas and it is killing me. Waiting for me on Christmas so far is my Falcon 360(Like calling it that) Forza 2, Marvel, Rainbow 6 Vegas Limited and the Orange Box. I am going to :bomb: ..... Well I just wanted to get the word out there about the November 1st Manufactured Falcons flying high. Peace

[quote name='ironlion']Long story short,
Wife picked me up a Premium system on Black Friday and it was not a Falcon. This was the Holiday Bundle with Forza 2 and Marvel. The box did not say Go Pro on it. 203 watts, manufactured Sept.29 2007. Went to Best Buy today hoping I may see a Falcon. They had what looked like a brand new shipment of them in just glistening calling my name! I looked them all over and they were all the same. 175watts,Team FDOU, Manufacture date of November 1, 2007.( Very recent! ) The Box says "Go Pro" on it unlike the other one. Brought it home and did the final Flashlight test............. I got the Golden ticket=) Like to say thanks to all CAGERS as I am new to this community and have learned a lot here so far. Saving money too! Wife wont let me open it untill Christmas and it is killing me. Waiting for me on Christmas so far is my Falcon 360(Like calling it that) Forza 2, Marvel, Rainbow 6 Vegas Limited and the Orange Box. I am going to :bomb: ..... Well I just wanted to get the word out there about the November 1st Manufactured Falcons flying high. Peace[/QUOTE]

If your wife won't let you open it, how did you do the flashlight test?

[quote name='pogipinoy27']If your wife won't let you open it, how did you do the flashlight test?[/quote] What I mean is she wont let me set the system up and play it. She was all for me finding out if it was the best console we could get. Guess I should have been more clear. :drool:

[quote name='dmaul1114']As has been said before, the Falcon probably won't help much in that regard since the GPU is what overheats and causes problems and the Falcon is just a smaller CPU.

The added heat sink in every unit now has a better chance of being that card. But with the three year warranty, I personally didn't worry about it at all when I found a good deal on a Premium system.

Hopefully won't need to use, but if I do, oh well. Give me an excuse to dust off the Wii.[/quote]

The falcon's GPU is also reduced from 90nm to 80nm.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Ok, new tip on finding a falcon from the xbox.com forums.

Apparently more recent falcon consoles are shipping with a 175w power supply instead of the 203w one, and you can tell this from the labels.

Now some falcon consoles do come with the 203w (as that's the peak rating) so don't think that becasue you have a 203w doesn't mean you have a falcon.

This just means that when in th store if you 175w on the label you can be sure that box has a falcon in it from now on.

175w.jpg

http://forums.xbox.com/79/15804553/ShowPost.aspx#15804553[/quote]
Where exactly is that on the box?

[quote name='ironlion']Long story short,
Wife picked me up a Premium system on Black Friday and it was not a Falcon. This was the Holiday Bundle with Forza 2 and Marvel. The box did not say Go Pro on it. 203 watts, manufactured Sept.29 2007. Went to Best Buy today hoping I may see a Falcon. They had what looked like a brand new shipment of them in just glistening calling my name! I looked them all over and they were all the same. 175watts,Team FDOU, Manufacture date of November 1, 2007.( Very recent! ) The Box says "Go Pro" on it unlike the other one. Brought it home and did the final Flashlight test............. I got the Golden ticket=) Like to say thanks to all CAGERS as I am new to this community and have learned a lot here so far. Saving money too! Wife wont let me open it untill Christmas and it is killing me. Waiting for me on Christmas so far is my Falcon 360(Like calling it that) Forza 2, Marvel, Rainbow 6 Vegas Limited and the Orange Box. I am going to :bomb: ..... Well I just wanted to get the word out there about the November 1st Manufactured Falcons flying high. Peace[/QUOTE]

Did you actually CHECK the first one you got? It was probably a Falcon.

bread's done
Back