The Fandango Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='JJSP']Watch your ass, Yoshi.[/QUOTE]

They'll probably keep him just so they can say that they have an asian wrestler on their roster. Plus they'll need someone local to promote when they go to Japan later this year.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Dear Zach Ryder. Ignore all calls today as well.[/QUOTE]

In all honesty, him being released would be about the best call he could get. I really think someone of his ability and personality would be well-used in either TNA or ROH. Shit, it isn't like he could be used in any worse of a manner....

[quote name='pitfallharry219']His name is Sami Zayn in NXT.

I guess this means Sami Callihan is getting renamed when he reports. Shocker.[/QUOTE]

Stump Chunkman.

Dirk Hardpeck.

Rip Steakface.

Crud Bonemeal.

Gristle McThornbody.

So does anyone else just not care about Extreme Rules today? I'm local to the event, was originally excited about it, and now could care less. I just checked and they still have tickets available, which is also kind of surprising.

[quote name='Dr. Venkman']Stump Chunkman.

Dirk Hardpeck.

Rip Steakface.

Crud Bonemeal.

Gristle McThornbody.[/QUOTE]

All of which are equal to or better than Sami Callihan.

[quote name='mtxbass1']So does anyone else just not care about Extreme Rules today? I'm local to the event, was originally excited about it, and now could care less. I just checked and they still have tickets available, which is also kind of surprising.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of today's WWE PPV, here are the lines.

http://i.imgur.com/9zmmyVc.png

The deeper into the "negative" the bigger the favorite. The further into "positive" the bigger the underdog. -100/+100 is equal to zero.

If you want to know who wins, check later and see if any of the lines shift.

Anyone watching the PPV? Did the first match of the CAGWF before the PPV, looks to be starting with Jericho/Fandango.

[quote name='JP']Anyone watching the PPV? Did the first match of the CAGWF before the PPV, looks to be starting with Jericho/Fandango.[/QUOTE]

what worries me is how quick these two early ones went. I am not gonna watch 30+ min of Cena and Ryback laying down till an 8 count:cry:

I figure the Bork Laser/Trips match will take a decent amount of time. It was good to see
Ambrose get the title
. Hopefully
the rest of the shield wins gold

[quote name='JP']That Cena/Ryback spot was terrible. Especially with the poorly placed pyro sparks.[/QUOTE]

It absolutely was. What a terrible end to that match.

Looks like that guy hurt his left leg pretty good too.

Also,
Gsi8Oo5.jpg

Grain of salt since Paul loves to work a crowd, but he linked to a Heyman Hustle article about tonight being the "extreme" reveal of the latest "Paul Heyman guy". Sounds like Mr. Monday Night to me.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I literally laughed out loud when Heyman pointed to the screen and McGillicutty's face popped up.[/QUOTE]

So did I.

"History won't write about Zack Ryder."

This coming from JBL, who usually goes out of his way to put everyone over. For fuck's sake WWE, either do something with him or release him already. Not that you'll give him any thanks for showing you that people actually use social media.

[quote name='Genocidal']"History won't write about Zack Ryder."

This coming from JBL, who usually goes out of his way to put everyone over. For fuck's sake WWE, either do something with him or release him already. Not that you'll give him any thanks for showing you that people actually use social media.[/QUOTE]

+1

That was a great promo by The Shield, and I saw a string of sick signs for them in the crowd when they came out.

So...Triple H will soon learn he has brain damage as a result of fighting Ivan Drago Brock Lesnar and he won't be able to fight anymore.

He'll take a young up and comer under his wing and even though he's winning they'll just refer to him as "Triple H's robot." Eventually he turns on Triple H and sides with a promoter who promises him fame and fortune. He will then try to goad Triple H into a rematch by punching out Shane McMahon. Instead Triple H decides to fight the young upstart right then and there, in the streets.

So WWE might as well actually use a name generator....

Is there actually a reason why they won't use the name Joe Hennig?

I thought everything about that was cool (the Mr. Perfect remix was pretty badass) but good god Curtis Axel is a terrible name.

[quote name='bg88']So WWE might as well actually use a name generator....

Is there actually a reason why they won't use the name Joe Hennig?

I thought everything about that was cool (the Mr. Perfect remix was pretty badass) but good god Curtis Axel is a terrible name.[/QUOTE]
It's simply so they can maintain the rights to the name if he ever decides to leave WWE. They can't trademark his birth name. Curtis Axel is pretty bad, but at least it has meaning behind it and for what it's worth, it's still way better than Michael McGillicutty.

Axel Curtis is a thousand times better than Curtis Axel, who sounds like he should be the redneck mechanic Crush to Murdoch and Cade's Demolition.

[quote name='JJSP']Axel Curtis is a thousand times better than Curtis Axel, who sounds like he should be the redneck mechanic Crush to Murdoch and Cade's Demolition.[/QUOTE]

I agree on switching them, since Axel as a last name is questionable, but... even if they're intent on this, why Curtis? Even Curt Axel is an improvement.

A naive thing to say, sure, but I really hope he doesn't suffer from the HHH association. If this somehow spurs WWE to realize that great workers with poor mic skills needs mouthpieces, then I'm all about backing this. Won't happen, but it's nice to dream, right?

I couldn't tell if Raw had ended last night, or it had just went to another commercial break. I gave it a minute and realized, nope...that was it.

Why do I even watch this shit anymore?

I thought I'd pass this on: https://www.giveforward.com/fundrai...witter&utm_medium=Share&utm_campaign=Isupport

Michael Paris (Zema Ion of TNA Wrestling) was recently rushed to the hospital and unexpectedly diagnosed with an appendicitis. While examining his condition through cat scans, doctors discovered that the 26-year-old also has a 5 cm tumor located on his colon. While we are currently waiting for the biopsy results to determine whether or not the tumor is cancerous, Paris will soon have to undergo another surgery to remove it. In the meantime, we are trying to fight for a way to afford to keep him healthy and pay his growing medical expenses. Paris does not have health insurance, so the costs for these surgeries and hospital stays are going to be extremely expensive for him. Please help us to afford this effort and pitch in any way possible! Michael Paris is a recent graduate of West Virginia University and the oldest of three children raised by their single mother, who came to the US as a mail order bride from the Philippines. Paris began chasing his lifelong dream of becoming a professional wrestler at age 16, and after 9 years of hard work, he was signed to a contract with TNA Wrestling in 2011. Paris can currently be seen on TNA's television show, Impact Wrestling, which airs Thursday nights on Spike TV. We are asking friends, family, fans and people of the community to reach out and help in any way possible, so he can afford the medical help necessary to get him back on his feet, back in the ring and healthy again. Thank you and God bless.

As for TNA's role in all this: his girlfriend, who set up the account, said on twitter that while they have called once to check up on him they've still declined to pay for anything.

TNA's cheapness rears its ugly head again.

Always disappointed that at the top it's still very much the "Independent Contractor" stance. They'll wash their hands of everything negative that happens to you unless you're a moneymaker.

[quote name='007']I agree on switching them, since Axel as a last name is questionable, but... even if they're intent on this, why Curtis? Even Curt Axel is an improvement. [/QUOTE]

Makes me wonder if they changed it sometime that day. Because if you notice with the graphic in his entrance(which there's a pic in Jay's blog), it even says "Curt Axel".

Smart of WWE to rub some of Heyman's heat onto Joe Hennig. Gotta believe Heyman himself chose Hennig. I imagine WWE would have given him someone going nowhere like Randy Orton.

With WWE you gotta set the bar low going in because it's WWE, but I have no grievances with the name "Curtis Axel." Heyman did a very good job explaining it to the LCD and kids.

What I find funny is that Triple H still refuses to job. He surpasses Hulk Hogan in my mind as the most selfish person in wrasslin history. He straight-up murdered Axel's buzz. A good ol' fashion 2000s Triple H move in 2013. Incredible.

[quote name='HydroX']So Wade Barrett changed his theme again...

... and it's worse than before??? How can he keep fucking this up.[/QUOTE]

His revolving door of themes is getting out of hand. I used to like Barrett before he left for a while (when he was feuding with Orton). Since he came back with his new style, I've found him to be pretty forgettable.

[quote name='Chase']Smart of WWE to rub some of Heyman's heat onto Joe Hennig. Gotta believe Heyman himself chose Hennig. I imagine WWE would have given him someone going nowhere like Randy Orton.

With WWE you gotta set the bar low going in because it's WWE, but I have no grievances with the name "Curtis Axel." Heyman did a very good job explaining it to the LCD and kids.

What I find funny is that Triple H still refuses to job. He surpasses Hulk Hogan in my mind as the most selfish person in wrasslin history. He straight-up murdered Axel's buzz. A good ol' fashion 2000s Triple H move in 2013. Incredible.[/QUOTE]

iL4LIr2qhBn5I.gif

That's still my favorite wrestling gif ever.

From what I've read, HHH is actually pretty high on Hennig and has been for a while. I just don't know where they're headed after last night. Maybe they're setting it up to say Hennig is the one who ended HHH's career?

I just will never be able to buy him as a star. Even without his "Moment...uh...moment...uh...genesis...this...McGillicutty" promo, he has the look of a goofy overgrown toddler. If anyone can get him over, then it's Heyman, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Unless he's really upped his mic work, the solution is simply to allow Heyman to control the mic as much as possible while Little Perfect scowls.

I think his music helps a lot. Pro wrestling is about presentation. He's lucky he got a good tune.

Just because: A good example is The Sandman. A legitimate icon in ECW, but only in ECW, and for a very obvious reason. Watch his WCW and WWE ECW entrances and see how you feel. Just ain't the same.

Hennig needs new wrestling attire. The tights he's sporting make him look like he bought Marc Mero's old gear.

Give the guy leather pants (like test) and a top of some kind. The Shield work very well as wrestlers but the attire makes them that much cooler. I feel the same would work for Hennig. And the less talking, the better. Make him make irrational, angry decisions; make him assault people/resort to tactics with zero remorse. Perhaps give him a trademark foreign object?

I know it seriously sounds like I am trying for gimmick central here but I feel that he is a decent wrestler that will improve over time...just sad that his mic skills, if left unchecked may shovel his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back