The Fandango Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://youtu.be/jq0Oxn8v27I

We all remember JBL busting up Blue Meanie at One Night Stand a few years ago, but I'd totally forgotten about the follow up no DQ match between the two. At about 5:25, Stevie Richards gets payback in a spot that I doubt was planned.

I really started to get back into wrestling around that period. They took the WWE propaganda machine offline for about a month and let the fans have some say.

[quote name='JJSP']http://youtu.be/jq0Oxn8v27I

We all remember JBL busting up Blue Meanie at One Night Stand a few years ago, but I'd totally forgotten about the follow up no DQ match between the two. At about 5:25, Stevie Richards gets payback in a spot that I doubt was planned.[/QUOTE]

I just read that on my Cracked app.

[quote name='JJSP']http://youtu.be/jq0Oxn8v27I

We all remember JBL busting up Blue Meanie at One Night Stand a few years ago, but I'd totally forgotten about the follow up no DQ match between the two. At about 5:25, Stevie Richards gets payback in a spot that I doubt was planned.[/QUOTE]

Ha, I remember this show because it was the one time I was ever at a broadcasted show. That blurry red shirt that goes from left to right around 6:30 is me.

Less blurry but still blurry screencap I saved, spoiled for size:

l.jpg

This event is also memorable for the infamous "Masked Terrorist" beat down of the Undertaker by Muhammad Hassan that happened to be taped days before the London Bombings. Good times.

I think the direction for that shoot must've went something like this: "Look up to the left, now up to the right. Now glare. Finish with a rape-y smile. Okay, we're good."

[quote name='TheRock88']So the only thing Perfect Jr had going for him was his theme, now even WWE took that away from him (the Perfect instrumental is still there but now heavily toned down with more guitar)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87f87_NLRVI[/QUOTE]

Man, they are just hellbent on never giving him any of the rub associated in being the son of Mr. Perfect.

I went to the NXT taping last night, and it was great. I'm not going to do a whole write up on it, but here is a good one:

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/result/16971/spoilers-full-wwe-nxt-taping-results?pg=1

Some notes from my end:

-Being there live, I was shocked at how great it was. Definitely the best thing WWE has going for them.

-I loved the new Bailey gimmick, she went from getting no reaction in previous weeks to being over as a face. I wanna see more of her and this Saturday morning cartoon gimmick

-I don't get how some fans wanted to get a boring chant for the Cesaro/Zayn match. That match was great/match of the night, closely tied with the Wyatt vs. Graves/Ohno/Neville match.

-I respect him for everything he's done, but Chris Hero/Ohno is uh...a little out of shape.

-I came with a casual fan, and she loved Xavier Woods and Enzo. I gotta say I agree, even though I knew nothing of them before.

-They had kids come into the ring to dance with Emma, a la Brodus Clay. I kind of don't want that to become a "thing"

-We rejected Bo Dallas as the new NXT champ, simply put. I feel like they didn't know what to do with him, so they just slapped it on him to make him legit again.

That's all I can remember wanting to mention, I may add more later. But awesome show, I may make the drive again if I can.

(When watching the taping, I'm the guy in the Ziggler shirt behind the herd of Cena marks ringside.)

A ton of pictures, a bit out of order however:

580345_10200645235287307_574485033_n.jpg

931433_10200645235567314_232731428_n.jpg

945443_10200645236287332_882765679_n.jpg

946674_10200645236207330_1987096907_n.jpg

935602_10200645235447311_1688033842_n.jpg

931433_10200645236647341_873434432_n.jpg

581760_10200645237047351_2098209091_n.jpg

181396_10200644825717068_1755423593_n.jpg

943157_10102036855427242_387797815_n.jpg

946804_10102036855586922_492686752_n.jpg

400890_10102036855726642_415617528_n.jpg

249078_10102036856036022_33585256_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just watched the Kings of Wrestling/Motor City Machine Guns match at Supercard of Honor V in the Hammerstein. Just incredible. If anyone wants to watch it just post here and I'll PM you the links.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXULuZdiLyE[/QUOTE]

Sooo....what then?

This is the second video he hinted he was going to go get over again...and nothing happened. I like Ryder, but it's time to get out there and get it done, WWE backing or not. What are they gonna do? Release him? At this rate it's only a matter of time. Might as well do it on his terms.

Thinking about going to the second night of the AIW's JT Lightning Invitational tonight. Some pretty good matches tonight, but it'll be like a 4 hour card. Which is fine except when you have company. Johnny Gargano vs. Adam Cole and Chris Dickinson vs. BJ Whitmer look like the highlights on paper. Supposedly Dolph Ziggler stopped in last night. I know he's tweeted about them before.

[quote name='neocisco']You guys suck, none of you have wished me and Brak a happy birthday.

Glorious day of the being born time, Brak![/QUOTE]

Happy birthday, you two.

And Neo, here's a better version of your GIF.

Edit: Shit. Noticed that I messed up the capture. BRB.

Edit 2: Okay. Here we go.

9qag9Ti.gif

Consider it a birthday present of sorts.

Edit 3: Smaller.

UdC5nFk.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
That sucks. I remember WWF pimping him hard when he came in. It was interesting seeing WWF try and appeal to the Hispanic market in the second half of the 90's.

Damn! Me and my brother were just talking about Garza and his battle with cancer yesterday afternoon. I think they recently held a benefit show in Mexico to raise money for his medical bills too. I remember seeing him wrestle back in AAA during the 90's and thinking he could be a star. Dude had a hell of a career. RIP Garza.

Looks like the entire Wyatt Family is getting brought up from NXT at once..figured they would just start over with Bray for a few weeks/months.

[quote name='diddy310']Looks like the entire Wyatt Family is getting brought up from NXT at once..figured they would just start over with Bray for a few weeks/months.[/QUOTE]

ef6.gif

[quote name='pitfallharry219']What ever happened to the other Rotunda? They pushed him over Barrett and then he just disappeared.[/QUOTE]

He's back in NXT.

C'mon, he's obviously not going to come out there and dominate the likes of HHH and Cena. Even to the dumb casual fan, that's not even close to believable.

I like the direction it's going, personally. He's playing the role, dare I say, perfectly.

I'm completely down with this if he comes out every week and says his record is simply...perfect.

The commentary table missed every Bret Hart reference except the Sharpshooter...Kane/Bryan did the Hart Attack and Axel did Bret's pose/elbow drop.

Raw thoughts - This was a show. Not terrible, but not much great other than the Shield stuff. Axel winning VIA COUNT OUT is ridiculous. Either push the guy fully or don't - going halfway isn't working.

Full thoughts -
http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/05/raw-5-27-13.html

Post-show WWE APP RECAP!

King says it was named Bret Hart today today in Calgary. And they had a nice highlight reel for him that is terribly-pixellated and is slowly-buffering. King read a proclamation talking about his WWF and WCW title wins, and him a holder of both companies' triple crowns - also being a champ in five decades. Bret grabbed the mic and said he could feel Bulldog and Owen watching. Huge Owen chant. Bret's promo seems to be getting a lot of cheers for stuff that is hard to hear due to the buffering causing me to miss parts of the video. He thanked his kids, his latest wife, and Jerry Lawler. Bret teared up a bit and lost his train of thought. Then Pat came out and Bret said when Pat gets on his knees, he gets nervous. Awesome line. Jericho's out. He told a story about going to a Stu birthday show, not being on the card, and getting the idea for his Davey '95 match finish from Jericho. HBeardK came out with his pyro. Vince came out and did his giant, bombastic version of Bret's pose. Vince put over Bret for raising the bar for workrate in WWE. Nattie and Tyson, with a full head of hair, came down in the ring with him. Everyone but Sandow and Cena are in street clothes. They showed a hug montage set to Bret's theme and went off the air. Great deal that I hope they put in clipped form on Main Event, where it could almost be shown in full.

Three Stages of Hell where two of them are terrible? Yeesh. When was the last time a lumberjack match was entertaining?

[quote name='JJSP']When was the last time a lumberjack match was entertaining?[/QUOTE]

When I was five.

Watching RAW clips. Del Rio-Langston. Couple things stand out. One, they have really cultivated Del Rio into a believable face. Sorta fits him considering how bland he was as a heel. Two, smart booking. The finish made Langston look strong while putting Del Rio over.

Dunno when they got 'em, but I like the new graphics presentation for RAW. Wyatt Family heading to RAW should be fun.

Cole sounds a more tolerable than usual. Didn't hear any misuse of fighting terminology so that's probably why my opinion swings that way at the moment. anklepick anklepick anklepick

WWE seems to be doing a lotta things right. Maybe someone who watches the full show and/or the other lesser shows can provide a more informed opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back