The Fighting Game Thread - 7th edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some new DR info...

- Namco seems to be reconsidering releasing the game for console as it's more than just an upgrade but a totally new game.

- Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection was commonly referred to as 5.2 but Namco representatives stated during beta testing that it's more like a 5.5.

- Dash jabs are a lot harder to do.

- Wall damage seems to be toned down, maybe 50%(not confirmed).

- Tech catches are back but require very precise timing.

- Kunimitsu is the last character! So the two extra characters listed so far are Armor King and Kunimitsu. Makes sense as seeing how the game is titled "Dark Resurrection" and they were both supposedly dead.

- Every character should have an extra outfit, even the ones that got extra outfits on the console version of Tekken 5.

- 35 stages total.

Oh yeah, game is 60% complete.

*throws away Soul Calibur III into the abyss*

Dragon Quest VIII :)

Anyone here getting a 360? Media retail kits and dev kits should be sent out any day now...

I'm not very intrested in the 360. I'd like to play DOA 4. About 80% of the launch titles are sports or racing related. As soon as I see more fighting and RPGs I'll consider it.

[quote name='MarkMan']Oh yeah, game is 60% complete.

Dragon Quest VIII :)

Anyone here getting a 360? Media retail kits and dev kits should be sent out any day now...[/QUOTE]

yeah, i oredered mine when they first started taking preorders but with all the delays (Ghost Recon 3, The Godfather, etc...) im kinda disapointed in the launch lineup

[quote name='MarkMan']
[/QUOTE]

They should've thrown SC III into the abyss during production when they realized they were too stupid to test it properly to see if it was broken :applause:

Long live the tekken. let's hope DR is a little more balanced. :lol:

sweet. I ain't a kunimitsu fan, but I know tons of people have been wanting her to make a comeback, much like armor king (I am still confused about how he defied even his own death... maybe it's just marduk in the mask... who knows?).

That sucks that wall damage has been cut, but I can't really judge it till I play it again. I liked the amount of damage the walls dished out primarily for the fear of being cornered.

35 stages!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? how many were in the first? at most 15? Nice one team Tekken... I bow in your mercy.

ahh... and I am glad to hear Namco is reconsidering releasing this on console... I need my dragonav/armor king fix, and my slightly better Kazuya with a much improved db+3... aww man, I think I'm the only player that has loved that move so much partially due to it being really easy to sneak in.

[quote name='jpuma1']They should've thrown SC III into the abyss during production when they realized they were too stupid to test it properly to see if it was broken :applause:

Long live the tekken. let's hope DR is a little more balanced. :lol:[/QUOTE]Jumping to conclusions.

You cry that SCIII is broken, then you praise Tekken and you want only a little more balance for it? IGNORANT HYPOCRITE.

Right now SCIII is still chugging along the tourney scene fine. Feel free to dump SCIII yourself. The players won't miss you.

Mark, it's a bit too early to give up on SCIII man. Hell, people didn't even give up MvC2 or Tekken 4 in their latest stages.

But if you don't like the game, just say you don't like the game. Don't give these people the wrong impression that the game is broken beyond playability.

people love mvc2 for the brokeness. the only characters people play are broken.

edit: hahaha vgm got banned again?

[quote name='2poor']people love mvc2 for the brokeness. the only characters people play are broken.

edit: hahaha vgm got banned again?[/QUOTE]Yep.

MvC2 had Sentinel, Storm, Magneto, Cable.
Tekken 4 had Jin.
Tekken 5 had Nina, Steve, Bryan.

What did SCII have? BALANCE.

What can you complain about in SCIII? The Alexandria sisters? Ivy's ringouts? Mitsu's cancels? Setsuka's B throw? X?

The game still feels very well balanced now DESPITE glitches, same with SCII. The single player experience may suck, but competitively it's still fun and challenging.

the only way ive learned that games were broken was watching competitive play. i didnt know smash melee was super broken. oh how i was wrong.

[quote name='zewone']For good this time. No 3 day temp.[/QUOTE]

what set off the mods that much?

[quote name='2poor']what set off the mods that much?[/QUOTE]
I don't know the exact event that caused it, I'm guessing he kept doing the same stuff that got him a timeout earlier this week.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I don't know the exact event that caused it, I'm guessing he kept doing the same stuff that got him a timeout earlier this week.[/QUOTE]
Correct. He ignored warnings to stop his trolling, but he kept it up.

Hey what's up B:L, lol I was just joking... I used that point to show how excited I am about DR...

Whatcha know about 88_22B~[G]225, FC 1BB, 66A+B :) !

I'm glad you're here B:L... :thumbsup:

DR stuff looks good, I hope the game is really fun when it hits in Feb...

EVERYONE GO BUY DRAGON QUEST VIII! THE GAME WAS TOO MUCH FUN!!!

I got 2 slime controllers now, I want a metal slime one too!

[quote name='zewone']Correct. He ignored warnings to stop his trolling, but he kept it up.[/QUOTE]

Terrell Owens'd, huh?

The other day I went to the mall and guess what I saw? A Darkstalkers machine! It's not a real arcade like they used to have here years ago, but they have my all-time favorite arcade game (Ms. Pac-Man) so I go in there time to time. I mosey up to the Darkstalkers machine and plunk my quarter in. The 1-player joystick registers no movement on screen at all. I look at the wall and see a lovely "no refund" sign. A man and his quarter are soon parted. :lol:

damn vgm. it sucks for him, but it's still funny... damn i desperately need to find KOF:XI it's seriously eating away at me that i haven't been able to find it.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Terrell Owens'd, huh?

The other day I went to the mall and guess what I saw? A Darkstalkers machine! It's not a real arcade like they used to have here years ago, but they have my all-time favorite arcade game (Ms. Pac-Man) so I go in there time to time. I mosey up to the Darkstalkers machine and plunk my quarter in. The 1-player joystick registers no movement on screen at all. I look at the wall and see a lovely "no refund" sign. A man and his quarter are soon parted. :lol:[/QUOTE]

haha this is one of the reasons why i don't like going to the arcade. there's always at least 2 machines that have something screwy with them. at first, it makes it a challenge (play x vs sf without using left) but after awhile it's just damn annoying.

[quote name='gigan54']haha this is one of the reasons why i don't like going to the arcade. there's always at least 2 machines that have something screwy with them. at first, it makes it a challenge (play x vs sf without using left) but after awhile it's just damn annoying.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. I hate when people don't keep their arcade machines in good shape. At a movie theater near me, they have a Third Strike machine, something that's very hard to come by as far as I'm cinerned. I plunk my quarters in and go to the character select screen....and up and right on the stick don't register. I try to go and pick Dudley....and the only button on the 1P side that worked was MK. Needless to say, I lost miserably.

It's shit like this that are causing the steady decline in arcades.

To be honest, it is just a room masquerading as an arcade.

It has stuff lke NFL Blitz, Area 51, Operation Wolf. The only thing that is really worth coming back to play is Ms. Pac-Man. Darkstalkers is the only fighter they have in there right now and it is useless if it is busted.

When they had a REAL arcade four or so years ago they had all kinds of fighters. They had Soul Blade, Tekken Tag, Marvel vs. Capcom, Virtua Fighter, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Killer Instinct 2, Marvel Super Heroes. I don't recall that they had any SNK games though. We used to have two SNK machines at the college I work at but they got rid of them.

Sorry if this is a repost but Guilty Gear XX #Reload for PSP is only $19.90 at Play Asia. Its limited time offer usually they last for a week or so. You should pick this up asap. I think it's a great port and it plays a lot better than Darkstalkers

VGM's such a dipshit. He's alitle enterainting but still a troll. He probably gets beat up in high school all day and takes out his anger on the CAG forums.

Guile - Come to Boomers down in South Florida. Every arcade has something wrong with it. I feel your pain, trust me.

:lol: VGM was complaining to me in a pm that Cheapy himself told him to STFU. I tried responding....and I guess that was right when he got banned cause it wouldn't go through.

haven't been in this thread for a while. I know you all have missed me so much.

WOOT! DOA4 2006! Rawk on!

[quote name='B:L']As for Tekken 5: DR...I dunno. From the teaser vid, I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the reason they gave Lee something like 1,2,uf+3 as a string. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Oh now i just cant wait

soo... I've finally figured out how the hell to do EWGF for Kazuya, but not that I can do it consistantly much at all. I reallized that the frames start when you hit forward for it, not down/forward... I should have asked about this (or be more perceptive at reading) instead of having to figure this one out on my own.

Bleh! SCIII is a pain in the ass to unlock everything without using cheats (I'm very anti-cheats in any of my games... proves to ba a pain in the ass when getting every single character to Tekken Lord in Tekken 5). I have all peices of armor, almost everything in the items shop, and most weapons. Give me another week or so and I should have everything.

yo Markman, any info on Dragonavs strong/weak points (if any info is known) as well as how his Sambo style plays exactly. To me it looked like he was a good mix of throws as well as regular attack combos (much like king's small strings that go into a grab)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']soo... I've finally figured out how the hell to do EWGF for Kazuya, but not that I can do it consistantly much at all. I reallized that the frames start when you hit forward for it, not down/forward... I should have asked about this (or be more perceptive at reading) instead of having to figure this one out on my own.

Bleh! SCIII is a pain in the ass to unlock everything without using cheats (I'm very anti-cheats in any of my games... proves to ba a pain in the ass when getting every single character to Tekken Lord in Tekken 5). I have all peices of armor, almost everything in the items shop, and most weapons. Give me another week or so and I should have everything.

yo Markman, any info on Dragonavs strong/weak points (if any info is known) as well as how his Sambo style plays exactly. To me it looked like he was a good mix of throws as well as regular attack combos (much like king's small strings that go into a grab)[/QUOTE]

harder than unlocking everythign in mvc2? that shit is tedious.

[quote name='2poor']harder than unlocking everythign in mvc2? that shit is tedious.[/QUOTE]

Lord, I still haven't unlocked everything yet.

MVC 2 takes the cake on unlocking. I remember the Japanese Dreamcast MVC2 had 3 diffrent kinds of points. Unlocking everything required the player to play not only through arcade mode, but also online and bring your memory card to the arcade and get points their.

[quote name='2poor']i never knew the japanese mvc2 had online play. how come ours didnt?[/QUOTE]
Who knows. The Xbox version was SUPPOSED to have online...but for unknown reasons it didn't. I'm still pissed there's no online version of MvC2 :cry:

...it would have OWNED online.

do you even have xbox live or are you just saying what you heard from every persons mothers mother?

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']MVC 2 takes the cake on unlocking. I remember the Japanese Dreamcast MVC2 had 3 diffrent kinds of points. Unlocking everything required the player to play not only through arcade mode, but also online and bring your memory card to the arcade and get points their.[/QUOTE]

As far as unlocking goes, I'm gonna have to give it to the first Capcom vs. SNK. Hell the only way you could even get a decent amount of points to unlock stuff was to have a NGPC and a copy of Match of the Millenium and earn 9999 points repeatedly and link it up with your Dreamcast. If not, then you either had to beat the game repeatedly (worth 300-400 points), let it run on practice mode for a few hours (max out at 999 points), or use a cheat devce (insta-everything).

The process could take well over 100 hours to unlock everything.

[quote name='Purple Flames']As far as unlocking goes, I'm gonna have to give it to the first Capcom vs. SNK. Hell the only way you could even get a decent amount of points to unlock stuff was to have a NGPC and a copy of Match of the Millenium and earn 9999 points repeatedly and link it up with your Dreamcast. If not, then you either had to beat the game repeatedly (worth 300-400 points), let it run on practice mode for a few hours (max out at 999 points), or use a cheat devce (insta-everything).

The process could take well over 100 hours to unlock everything.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I said damn that. I downloaded a save file instead.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Lag is your friend.[/QUOTE]

Ha! gotta love playing those people who lag out....they give you a slide show....next thing you know, you're looking at a "you lose" screen.

Anyway, how's SFAlpha 3 for unlockables? I've been playing that lately, seems like there's a lot of extras.

if any of you guys are into shooters, I started a shumup/run n' gun thread in the old school forum.

Pouring one out for my boy VGM, OG Fighter Thread poster....we miss you buddy. :lol:

[quote name='Purple Flames']As far as unlocking goes, I'm gonna have to give it to the first Capcom vs. SNK. Hell the only way you could even get a decent amount of points to unlock stuff was to have a NGPC and a copy of Match of the Millenium and earn 9999 points repeatedly and link it up with your Dreamcast. If not, then you either had to beat the game repeatedly (worth 300-400 points), let it run on practice mode for a few hours (max out at 999 points), or use a cheat devce (insta-everything).

The process could take well over 100 hours to unlock everything.[/QUOTE]

Forgot about that one. Still got my NGPC and Link cables to the Dreamcast. Those link cables (from what I hear) are getting hard to find. I rember playing KOF R2 and uploading points to KOF 98' to see characters for the upcoming KOF 99'.

I really miss the NGPC. Good thing to see SNK vs Capcom Card Battle on DS. Anybody else spend over 30 hours of school time playing Cardbattles? Not to brag but my SNK copy had every card cause me and a friend traded. The Geese card was my favorite, he's so bad ass.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Who knows. The Xbox version was SUPPOSED to have online...but for unknown reasons it didn't. I'm still pissed there's no online version of MvC2 :cry:

...it would have OWNED online.[/QUOTE]

Kinda like SVC did when all the top users used broken characters?

[quote name='Kuma']Kinda like SVC did when all the top users used broken characters?[/QUOTE]

its not any different with mvc2, but mvc2 doesnt suck like svc does.

[quote name='2poor']its not any different with mvc2, but mvc2 doesnt suck like svc does.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'm not the biggest MvC2 fan around (well, honestly I don't the game at all), but I'd take it over SvC anyday.

[quote name='2poor']its not any different with mvc2, but mvc2 doesnt suck like svc does.[/QUOTE]

MVC2 is way much more broken then SVC but MVC2 is just more fun to play. Take out the extra characters from SVC and it's not so bad.

I hate the way Guile looks in SVC Chaos. For some reason I like the game a lot better on NeoRage than Xbox.

The best thing about SVC Chaos is Midnight Bliss!

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I hate the way Guile looks in SVC Chaos. For some reason I like the game a lot better on NeoRage than Xbox.

The best thing about SVC Chaos is Midnight Bliss![/QUOTE]

SVC chaos was horrible the only thing good about Guile in that game was his new super flash kick which sends them straight to the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back