The Fighting Game Thread - 7th edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='CaoPi']SVC chaos was horrible the only thing good about Guile in that game was his new super flash kick which sends them straight to the ground.[/QUOTE]

Guile's the only character that has more "Super Moves" than "Special Moves."

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Guile's the only character that has more "Super Moves" than "Special Moves."[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing though.

sorry for the late reply and no quote, but as a reply to Rodmius' NGPC and Cardfighters clash, I am up there with oyu. A freind of mine and I traded cards between the two versions and we both had every single one. My save got wiped because I forgot to tell a freind of mine who was using it to not save... sooo I started from scratch all over again, but by then my freind with the other copy sold his already (damn!), so I most cards but am missing a few... but that game took alot of time out of my life, and I am very much am looking forward to the DS version, especially if cards are ballanced more (aka the super cheap but effective Wild Iori and Akuma).

Anyone get info on how that Iron fist game announced durring the JAMMA show plays exactly? my guess is much like Guilty Gear.

sorry to double post, but something just dawned upon me:

ever since the introduction of guest fighters in 3d fighters that are based primarily around physical attacks (punch, kick, elbow, etc.), these guest fighters seem to add or have the ability to have projectiles... I can't say this is totally broken, but it's entirely evident, and kinda nags me.

before I start showing stuff please note that I don't consider projectiles to be Laser attacks (Devil Jin) or flamethrower type of attacks (True Ogre) since they do not move across the screen and are mainly just imediately placed where they are. Plus if you doge them, but move to a different area of that attack, you still have a chance of getting hit by it, unlike Street Fighter's fireballs and other games like it. so moving on...

let's go down the list:

Tekken 3 --- Gon (known for amazingly well made manga): had the fireball breath move
Soul Calibur 2 --- Link: bombs, arrows, boomerange, etc... ie. the projectile bastard
Dead or Alive 4 --- Spartan (from the well hated/loved Halo): it's very obviouse from what bungie and team ninja have stated that Spartan will have some sort of projectile.

I'm hoping at least virtua fighter stays out of this trend (and probably will). The odd thing is that from most interviews with the game's lead creator (from Itagaki-san's interview as well as the Tekken team's leader when making Tekken 3) they always state that the game needs to primarily focus on hand to hand combat, and then they throw in projectile characters that kinda unballance things (as well as ruin the taste a little for a series with alot of potential... Dead or Alive 4)

I don't think any of the 3D fireballs are cheap or annoying, very easy to get around.

Only cheap guy is Jinpachi when a human player uses him. I gaurantee a triple perfect on ANYONE if I use Jinpachi on them, that's how broke he is.

I agree that the fireballs are easy to get around... just trying to poitn out a trend that nobody knew that anyone was following...

any updates on DR? some nice new CG shots showed up here:

http://ruliweb.dreamwiz.com/data/rulinews/read.htm?num=14120

I can say that I wouldn't be surprised if Armor King is just a new guy (probably from the orphanig). It also seems like Namco is doing much of what they did in Tekken Tag where they are doing color variations (or just 2p colors) of each characters costume... Now I never was too big a fan of this, but I like the fact that they are there. At least there will probably now be 4 costumes to choose from, and hoepfully all of them will be customizable.

[quote name='MarkMan']I don't think any of the 3D fireballs are cheap or annoying, very easy to get around.

Only cheap guy is Jinpachi when a human player uses him. I gaurantee a triple perfect on ANYONE if I use Jinpachi on them, that's how broke he is.[/QUOTE]What if I use Jinpachi too? EH!?

D+1+2 RACE!!! :hot:

Anywho, there's the Tekken DR intro floating around:
http://rapidshare.de/files/7530865/teken_5.5.wmv.html

3-D fireballs are a bitch to get used too, but once you get the hang of sidestepping them, yer home free. they are a pretty high risk move to use. very easy to punish.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Yeah, I'm not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing though.[/QUOTE]

Guile only needs two moves to kick ass. I hope they never change that. Awsome sig.

[quote name='Burrito']If you're talking about booms and flash kicks, those can be baited and punished easily.[/QUOTE]

just like any other move :roll:

[quote name='2poor']just like any other move :roll:[/QUOTE]
Uh, no.
If you're playing a turtle Guile, then you're still living in the mid 90s.

[quote name='Burrito']Uh, no.
If you're playing a turtle Guile, then you're still living in the mid 90s.[/QUOTE]

What if you play rabbit Guile?

SFA3 Max? though tit was double upper...? I just wish it had online... it seems the only console getting online 2d love is the xbox... I would love to get some good fights in between (or in) classes at my university.

If I had a PSP, that would be the only game I'd be intrested in. And personlly, playing fighters on a portable system seems odd to me.

SFA3 Upper or advance or whatever it's called for the GBA really kicked alot of ass. I would have gotten rid of my copy a long time ago if it weren't the one game I always have in my DS as a backup for when I get bored of petting dogs on the DS.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']What if you play rabbit Guile?[/QUOTE]

i'm partial to emu Guile myself. sometimes i'll throw in a zebra Guile move, just to mix things up.

[quote name='Apossum']i'm partial to emu Guile myself. sometimes i'll throw in a zebra Guile move, just to mix things up.[/QUOTE]What about emo Guile? He just sits in the corner posting on myspace and pretending to slit his wrists with his dogtags.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']What about emo Guile? He just sits in the corner posting on myspace and pretending to slit his wrists with his dogtags.[/QUOTE]

all while combing his hair to hide his face ala Remy... Remy is sooo emo.

Remy is the Emo Guile. What other emos are in fighters. Iori, Shiki (Sam Sho), and 80% of the cast from Guilty Gear must be emo.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']What about emo Guile? He just sits in the corner posting on myspace and pretending to slit his wrists with his dogtags.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

other emo fighters: Necro, Hayate, Jin, Evil Ryu, Evil Sakura, Akuma, Dizzy...

Emo Fighter 2 Turbo?

Emo Kombat?

I'd buy it. :cool:

sorry to double post:

UP: Did you ever consider giving her any moves where she uses a weapon, not in the sense where you use a gun to shoot another character, but perhaps as a melee move, to knock someone over the head with the butt of a rifle?

TI: Okay, so I'll give an example of the design process. First of all, I don't particularly enjoy a style of game development where you're concerned with one particular thing. I like to consider all possibilities and all variables going forward to give myself as much room to move as possible. Obviously I was aware of the fact that including weapons from the Halo universe would be one of the best ways to bring out the Halo-ness of the situation. But at the same time, having her use firearms and guns from the game brings with it a set of issues and problems, so pretty early on in the process I decided not to have her shoot guns in the game.

The decision to not use guns had a couple factors involved. The first thing is personally myself, if I'm in the Spartan's position, and I'm basically joining this group of people all fighting, using martial arts, using hand-to-hand, I wouldn't feel right suddenly shooting a machine gun. That's just a personal observation. If you're the person on the receiving end, you're just going to think that's cheap; it's just natural to feel that's cheap if you're unarmed and getting shot at. Another thing that people tend to forget is that in order to show the appropriate reaction to getting shot, you have to include a lot of blood effects and that's a taboo within the DOA universe that I've set. Taking that into account, it seemed the best course not to include guns. With that said, I don't give up easily, so I thought, "Why don't we just have a gun strapped to her back as a prop? When I mentioned that to Bungie, they said, "Well if you're going to do that, it's probably better to think she wouldn't have any guns in the first place in this kind of situation." As you can tell from this one example, everything has been based on a very deep dialogue with Bungie regarding all sorts of aspects, very specific aspects of the character design, and that's how things work.

YAY! no projectiles in DoA 4-- but she does use plasma grenades for a throw :lol: also, it sounds like this is the last DoA fighting game for a long time.

http://360countdown.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3145772&did=1

what's with all this damn Emo love? I thought most of the people here hated that crap :p

I say Country Guile is the best... with his pickup truck, 2 dogs in the back, and a good shotgun, he's pretty much unstoppable.

haha, I forgot all about Anita. she's got major emo problems already! oh yeah Moriya from the last balde series is also emo IMO.

edit: i hit send before i remembered about setsuna . also from the last blade series

to get a bit back on-topic: taken from www.cyberfanatix.com
[quote name=' cyberfanatix']Good news fellow KOF freaks!
SNK Playmore announces their PC lineup featuring Classic SNK titles!

Three games announced today are (click to open their website):
- The King Of Fighters 99 (Expect to see a video on this one in near future!)
- Fatal Fury 3: Road To The Final Victory
- Samurai Spirits

All three games will hit Japan, real soon, on 22nd November 2005, and they will be available for 1,980 Yen each!

Really good move from SNKP IMO. Hope they bring out some newer games on PC and get back at emulation (and bootlegging) scene for bringing them down to bankruptcy in 2000.
[/quote]

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']what's with all this damn Emo love? I thought most of the people here hated that crap :p

I say Country Guile is the best... with his pickup truck, 2 dogs in the back, and a good shotgun, he's pretty much unstoppable.[/QUOTE]

Heh! I missed a lot of Guile stuff yesterday I see! :)

Nothing beats Funk Master Guile on the wheels of steel! :lol:

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Akuma emo? He seems like a pissed off demon/man to me, ohhhhh.... wait nevermind.[/QUOTE]

maybe a little more goth than emo.......but these days, without the goths wearing Marilyn Manson shirts, I can't tell the fucking difference :lol:

whats that one chick that is actually a guy in GG? plays with his yo-yo? that kid is definately emo.

[quote name='2poor']whats that one chick that is actually a guy in GG? plays with his yo-yo? that kid is definately emo.[/QUOTE]

Bridget?

anyone have games they can think of that play alot like fighters, but are not at all?

ones that come to mind:
THAW/THUG/THPS
Ninja Gaiden
and Elmo's Fun with Numbers (j/k)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']anyone have games they can think of that play alot like fighters, but are not at all?

ones that come to mind:
THAW/THUG/THPS
Ninja Gaiden
and Elmo's Fun with Numbers (j/k)[/QUOTE]

Twisted Metal 2 comes to mind.

twisted metal seems like a fighter on wheels... it's fun, but I think alot fo the cars don't make themselves as unique from the other cars, as fighters characters do to other fighter characters (other than damn shoryukens and hadokens).

forgot one that kicks ass but feels like an odd fighter: Gitaroo Man

Do you mean games that leet people get a million times better score than the game intended on (referring to tony hawk). haha

no... just games that share similaritys close to fighters. and leet people can be applied to any game or genre.

any non-popular based fighters comming out soon? I can't seem to think of any... still wanting to play rumble fish...

[quote name='2poor']blades of steel?[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. We'd play just to get in the fights. Also alot of old beat em' ups like Double Dragon, Battletoads, Streets of Rage and Final Fight. Getting pissed at a freind for taking the health I NEEDED then all hell breaks loose.

... I miss good beat em ups... at least urban reign seems to have done a good job at that, and hopefully the new final fight too. My freind and I use to play hours on end of beating the crap out of each other in the original Double Dragon... back in the day when A+B were the only way to jump :)

Something I need Markman to clear up for me: hey, I watched some of the korean videos of the T5:DR matches, and Kazuya seems to be greatly improved (man I love that 3,1,4 move he has now... way better than just 3,1). From the match it looked like either Kazuya will always do a EWGF now (I hope so, would make him a better character even if that were his only improvement) no matter how fast input, or the person playing as Kaz was pretty damn good at doing EWGF... any info on this? plus his db+3 is way better than before... thank you Tekken Team :) so far this has been the best year for Namco IMHO with some impressive titles: Tekken 5, SC3, Urban Reign, and We Love Katamari.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']anyone have games they can think of that play alot like fighters, but are not at all?
[/QUOTE]

twinkle star sprites. damn that is some good competitive gameplay.

[quote name='gigan54']twinkle star sprites. damn is that some good competitive gameplay.[/QUOTE]

I got this game and still have no clue how to play it. Intresting idea though. Would Super Puzzle Fighter II turbo also fall in this catagory?

RR: The EWGF timing for Kazuya is the same. Koreans are just naturally good with Mishima characters. There's still WGF and EWGF in DR.

Remember! The key to doing EWGF is make sure you input the d/f and the 2 at around the same frame window... with Kazuya it's the easiest... you can just do f~d/f+2 .... Thanks to his mist step...

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I was thinking the same thing. We'd play just to get in the fights. Also alot of old beat em' ups like Double Dragon, Battletoads, Streets of Rage and Final Fight. Getting pissed at a freind for taking the health I NEEDED then all hell breaks loose.[/QUOTE]

me and my cousin used to play all the time back in the day. his score would be 20-0, but he would lose every single fight. i love the fighting system in that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back