The GamesCon Discussion Thread -- Were the Rumors True, and Other Surprises from Sony

[quote name='Cao Cao']I know that LocoRoco Midnight Carnival was mentioned in Famitsu, but Eye of Judgment PSP?[/QUOTE]

Because Eye of Judgement was a big break out hit that helped Sony control the home console market.

[quote name='furashu']confused

"a new section on ps store offering smaller games that can't be larger than 1mb " - kotaku[/quote]

typo! 100mb.

Good news for day-one buyers (Unless it's Europe only):
Jem Alexander:

To celebrate the launch of PSP Go, people who register their Gos between the 1st and the 10th of October will get a free digital copy of GT PSP.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']
Haha, it was a typo: 100mb.
[/QUOTE]
Oh :lol::lol::lol: I was thinking that Sony had officially gone mad. 100MB, that makes sense.

cool new avatars, i can get rid of the zebra which was the coolest one.. lol

i like the new short cut feature for PS store.

[quote name='wwe101']wtf, wheres the slim and price drop, sony save your selves[/QUOTE]

If they are going to announce a major hardware revision, they are going to save that news, along with a price cut, until the very end.

[quote name='Furashu']cool new avatars, i can get rid of the zebra which was the coolest one.. lol

i like the new short cut feature for PS store.[/QUOTE]
Yea, awesome that they are updating the XMB. Weee.

Wait until Kaz takes the stage. It seems unlikely that they would leave something like an international price drop or slim announcement to what's-his-name from Sony Europe.

[quote name='SynGamer']If they are going to announce a major hardware revision, they are going to save that news, along with a price cut, until the very end.[/QUOTE]

What time is the conference over? Eastern time Please :lol:

Honestly, I'll take any different Avatar at the moment.

Also, minus the avatars, I'm getting a big ol' Xbox 360 vibe from this update.

[quote name='TheBigHam']What time is the conference over? Eastern time Please :lol:[/QUOTE]
suppse to last 3 hrs.

started 9:45 AM PST ends 12:45 AM PST, so... 3:45 EST

[quote name='javeryh']When are they going to announce upscaling for all PS3 games? C'mon Sony get your head out of your ass.[/QUOTE]

do u mean ps2 games?

please slim be BC:lol:

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Woooo!!! Let's hear it![/QUOTE]

sony's megaton

"we are no longer producing ps3's, only ps2s..."

hahaha watch!

From IGN:

10:31] Yes, Kaz Hirai is taking the stage! This is it folks, it's now or never!

[10:32] If they don't announce the PS3 Slim, I'm getting up on stage and showing Kaz my giant enemy crab.

[10:32] That was an awful joke, sorry. I totally take it back. Oh man, here it comes.... he's building up to it.

:lol:

Ha!
1:34
crecente: Available in stores from the first week of September
1:35
crecente: Same features and function. 120 gb drive 33 percent smaller, 36 percent lighter
crecente: It will be 299
crecente: That's $299, 299 euros, 29980 yen

$299 starts tomorrow.

It looks exactly like the Chinese shop model/mockup. And it is! Albeit a little lighter in color.

"It looks thin and square and matte, not fat and shiny and pianoy like the old one, but still curved."

[quote name='KingBroly']$299 starts tomorrow.

It looks exactly like the Chinese shop model/mockup. And it is! Albeit a little lighter in color.[/QUOTE]
Pics!?

fe1a36ea-3c19-4ebf-ace2-50b61975ea84_400.jpg

bread's done
Back