2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
And yet no one had a problem with those. When someone actually comes in here to discuss a serious problem about flipping (remember, GS does not sell to dealers, they are a game store for customers who actually want to PLAY the games) everyone gets pissed off. And it's not hard to see why if you use some critical thinking. The same people getting pissed off are the same ones who bought the Katamari games to flip for a profit while some kid on Christmas is missing out. And even I can't play it now because all of my stores are out. I really hope the two people that I gave negative feedbacks to on eBay are posters here.
[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

They can just shrug it off and realist it. You did nothing in the grand scheme of things. If people have the money to buy it, let them. If it's a bad deal them it's on them, they chose to spend their money that way.

I even sent a few certified letters to GS throughout the years
vj1IG.gif

And yet no one had a problem with those. When someone actually comes in here to discuss a serious problem about flipping (remember, GS does not sell to dealers, they are a game store for customers who actually want to PLAY the games) everyone gets pissed off. And it's not hard to see why if you use some critical thinking. The same people getting pissed off are the same ones who bought the Katamari games to flip for a profit while some kid on Christmas is missing out. And even I can't play it now because all of my stores are out. I really hope the two people that I gave negative feedbacks to on eBay are posters here.
My local gamestop managers all got together and cut me a deal to sell me every new copy of Katamari Reroll that comes in for a cut of my ebay sales, gotta make that bread dude, they just immediately reserve the copies for pickup and blast me a text, I have a tv show coming soon on TLC from the guys behind Flip That House called Flip That Game, it debuts in April 2019

Not gonna use it, so here's a code for $2 off of $10 on collectibles online. Expires today. Got it by choosing the no-rush shipping option on BF.

NH41B28PLTY

Man, I think GameStop has the cheapest Wii U games. They are cheaper there than eBay. What’s that all about?! 🧐

Man, I think GameStop has the cheapest Wii U games. They are cheaper there than eBay. What’s that all about?! 🧐
EBAY has become very hit or miss. I often see the used version of games higher than the cost of a new copy at B&M’s. It’s taking more and more time to find deals now.

Hmm, traded in $27 of stuff, bought $29 used stuff

If used and trade in dollars are 20 points each then I should have got 1,120 points. Used double points promo so that should be 2,240.

But I only got 1100 points. Anything I can do?

Hmm, traded in $27 of stuff, bought $29 used stuff

If used and trade in dollars are 20 points each then I should have got 1,120 points. Used double points promo so that should be 2,240.

But I only got 1100 points. Anything I can do?
Double points usually take a couple days to post and it will be listed as "double points" as opposed to the normal "sales transaction". As for the missing 20 points, all the point totals end in the 0 digit (1120, not 1118 or something like that) so they round up/down.

Double points usually take a couple days to post and it will be listed as "double points" as opposed to the normal "sales transaction". As for the missing 20 points, all the point totals end in the 0 digit (1120, not 1118 or something like that) so they round up/down.
Ah, thanks for the tip!

Is the Croft edition with $10 gc only through January 1st or Wednesday which is when GameStop starts a new week of deals?
I am curious about Croft edition too. I have a base game where I can trade in to gamestrop for 20 and buy 30 for the croft edition and $10 gift card. on the other hand i can also just buy the seasonpass from microsoft for 22 freeish credit.

Moved some 30K points to $34 trade credit using elite in non-csac area. Still get charged tax on trade credit here, so it's a wash but I'd rather have the credit than points, which expire.

Games are: Hitman 2, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, and Battlefield V for both systems.

Beware a 2nd round of fraud is happening with cards from the GameStop dot com hack last year. Someone used my GS CC in Florida at the beginning of December. I had nothing happen last year.

I had to call Commenity & they said they had seen a bunch of fraud in December.

Shoot really? Just put it on hold in 2 stores across the state. Hoping theyll ship them to my home store.
Man I have no fucking idea, I've just been making shit up about katamari but now it's out of stock everywhere and everyone thinks I'm reselling 500 copies of the game when I just have one copy :)

It's sad that people on here are buying the Katamari Switch game to flip it instead of playing. I checked today and no local stores have it in stock probably because all of the resellers on here and that other site bought it to flip instead of getting real jobs. All I wanted to do was to play it, but now I can't.

Oh well. I "ordered" two copies from eBay sellers and then had them cancel the orders just so that I could give them negative feedback for taking advantage. No way they should be marking it up several times past its MSRP cost. And both of the assholes have the nerve to demand that I remove the feedback.
I've got a copy of Katamari up for trade for but only am looking for 150 HDMI cables. I can throw in a few penny guides if you'd like as well.

Beware a 2nd round of fraud is happening with cards from the GameStop dot com hack last year. Someone used my GS CC in Florida at the beginning of December. I had nothing happen last year.

I had to call Commenity & they said they had seen a bunch of fraud in December.
Thanks for the heads up though my credit card was compromised and replaced during the first round of fraud. Thanks Gamestop - friends of banking institutions everywhere!

What I learned from 2018 was to not count on Gamestop having many trade in promos anymore. Tiered trade in bonus (30/50/70) is far and few and pre order bonuses are dead (40% bonus trade when pre ordering a game).

anyone else order stuff on the first day of the b2g1 sales that still hasn't shipped?... or is it just me?

What I learned from 2018 was to not count on Gamestop having many trade in promos anymore. Tiered trade in bonus (30/50/70) is far and few and pre order bonuses are dead (40% bonus trade when pre ordering a game).
If Gamestop doesn't have better/any trade promos soon, stores will have little-to-no preowned stock based on how paltry the Switch selection was at the 5-6 stores I've visited in the past week.

You guys know they're going to print more Katamari right? Or if not it'll cap out at like 50 or 60 tops on ebay once the hype dies. People freaking out about the rarity of a 1 month old game never ceases to amaze me.

If Gamestop doesn't have better/any trade promos soon, stores will have little-to-no preowned stock based on how paltry the Switch selection was at the 5-6 stores I've visited in the past week.
According to the stores in my district, they've also been having issues with distro and UPS and that's contributing to the lack of games.

According to the stores in my district, they've also been having issues with distro and UPS and that's contributing to the lack of games.
UPS delivered my order to as close as my local hub, then sent it half way across the fuck ing country only to send it back again. They added 6 days to the delivery time thanks to this BS and the weekend/holiday. I was shocked that GS actually got it sent out as quickly as they did, then this happened.

Their latest financials said that their per-owned sales dropped, so you could see more trade promos in 2019. They may conclude that the drop in sales is not worth trying to burn the flippers...especially if they are just trying to get good numbers for a buyout.
Hmmm ... not sure GS can afford to start going red to keep its pre-owned games business going, especially given the clear trajectory of that business. With fewer and fewer physical game sales an inevitability and publishers strategically doing what they can to oust/reduce pre-owned sales (e.g., locking parts of games behind DLC or keeping DLC tied to the original buyer), you have to think GS is weighing the risk of going all-in to save its pre-owned sales. Fact that GS continues to go further and further away from that and into collectibles and (allegedly) soon into comic books suggests we should all expect GS to have fewer and fewer PO games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back