2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a FighterZ Edition released with the dlc Season Pass. GameStop has physical copies and recently placed it on clearance. The Ulrimate Edition comes with more.
Oh the fighterz edition. Is it basically with all the dlc up to now including ssgss Vegito? Idk if the game has a season 2 pass

Why is TIV of Fifa 18 Legacy Edition so high ($18 with elite)? Saw a couple on clearance for $15 at Target.
Last sports game for a console can command a higher cost. See stuff like Madden on Vita or WWE 2K17 on PS360. Of course there's NCAA Football 14/Basketball 10/College Hoops 2K8 also.

What does everyone think of the Dead or alive 6 steelbook and kingdom heart 3 gabric poster?
Hard to say until we get it. I bet it will be extremely thin, but who knows.

On a related note, I feel sort of dejected as I'm gonna have to play through KH, KHII, BBS, and DDD... and I can't start until I get my PS4 Pro, but I don't get the Pro until KHIII comes out (got the KHIII special edition console). Probably gonna have to take a break from gaming foruma for like a year lol.

I know that you can use a pre-owned reward certificate during an ordinary B2G1 sale, but can I use them with a B2G1 coupon? The wording within the Active Offers seems to imply as much and I don't see why I couldn't but I want to be certain.

I missed the sale. I didn't want a specific game until this evening and it's not available online.

I know that you can use a pre-owned reward certificate during an ordinary B2G1 sale, but can I use them with a B2G1 coupon? The wording within the Active Offers seems to imply as much and I don't see why I couldn't but I want to be certain.

I missed the sale. I didn't want a specific game until this evening and it's not available online.
You can use it in store before the expiration date on the coupon.

Recently Traded in DB fighterZ Vanilla and Crash Bandicoot HD for DB fighterZ deluxe edition. The employee ripped off a sticker on the bottom of the title offering 2x or 3x reward points. I am a bit concerned that the employee was tampering with my purchase so heavily before selling it to me. Any of you guys experience anything like this?
did you tell him your name's icemagician and that's private private property

I decided to go all digital with my switch, if i trade my games in now ill get $242 in credit to use on eshop credit. Should i trade now or try to wait for a promotion. I wanna try to get some of the discounted digital games before the sale ends on the 10th

I decided to go all digital with my switch, if i trade my games in now ill get $242 in credit to use on eshop credit. Should i trade now or try to wait for a promotion. I wanna try to get some of the discounted digital games before the sale ends on the 10th
It’s up to you. Wednesday starts the new GS ad, so you could wait to see if there’s a promo. That’s the only thing I can think of prior to the 10th.

I must've missed the boat on this one. I knew it was a Gamestop exclusive and I wanted to check it out, but haven't seen a copy in stores since it came out.
I wouldn't be surprised if Gamestop printed more once they saw how well (and quickly it sold). As far as I know it was never listed as a "limited run" or "one and done" item. Katamari as well.

Also, a few Gamestop exclusives (Unboxed PS4, Gear Club Unlimited, Yonder PS4, a few others) end up showing up at other retailers a few months down the line with the "Gamestop exclusive" part being a launch window. Wouldn't surprise me if that is the case as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gamestop printed more once they saw how well (and quickly it sold). As far as I know it was never listed as a "limited run" or "one and done" item. Katamari as well.

Also, a few Gamestop exclusives (Unboxed PS4, Gear Club Unlimited, Yonder PS4, a few others) end up showing up at other retailers a few months down the line with the "Gamestop exclusive" part being a launch window. Wouldn't surprise me if that is the case as well.
Is Bendy even a good game? I haven't heard much talk about it, but like I said it looks really cool.

But yeah wouldn't be surprised if it pops back up. Can't imagine they expected it to sell so quickly considering some of the previous Gamestop exclusive games like Toki.

Is Bendy even a good game? I haven't heard much talk about it, but like I said it looks really cool.

But yeah wouldn't be surprised if it pops back up. Can't imagine they expected it to sell so quickly considering some of the previous Gamestop exclusive games like Toki.
Played through the first 2 chapters and I like it! I actually want to buy it but I'm thinking on waiting for the Switch price to go down. I thought it was worth it, definitely had the creepy old timey cartoon feel and I loved it! There were a few frame drops I noticed (I played on the PS4) but it was during combat.

Just to prove my point, today i got an email from GS customer service about an issue I had on November 23rd. They cancelled an order I made with gift cards and I was wondering where the refund went. They still didn't give me an answer.

The online support hasn't been great for me. I usually get a response asking for more info to verify my account or whatever, and then never get another reply after that. I had good luck on the phone, but with a long hold time. I've read the best way is to go in-store and have them call in to support for you.

Metacritic is 76% on PS4 and 63% on Switch. Doesn't appear it runs quite as good - game seems pretty meh overall, people just want it because of FOMO.

According to a galaxy brain manager I talked to at a store this weekend, it's 'completely impossible' to stack more than a year of pro at a time. Pretty funny so I thought I'd share lol

I agree that we will see some reprints of Bendy and Katamari. I think the price point made those very attractive.

Toki on the switch is a Gamestop exclusive too but isn't selling nearly as fast. $49.99 is a bit much for me and I guess others as well because those are still in-stock at every store near me. I don't really need the extra crap that came with it either.

I am interested in Bendy and will probably sell my Katamari just because I feel confident I will be able to rebuy it later.

Heh.  Found out that for whatever reason the PC Version of Deformers was never recalled and local store still has one for $30 even though the servers were shut down..  

Just to prove my point, today i got an email from GS customer service about an issue I had on November 23rd. They cancelled an order I made with gift cards and I was wondering where the refund went. They still didn't give me an answer.
I recommend you call them: 1 (800) 883-8895

I haven't tried their email support, but their phone support is very good.

So are the Switch games $30 because Most Wanted Trades is going on (ending tonight?) or what?

Did a double points transaction on 12/30 and still haven't gotten the points.  Cashier claimed he didn't need to scan the barcode on my phone because he could do it from his CPU.  He must've forgotten.  

Did a double points transaction on 12/30 and still haven't gotten the points. Cashier claimed he didn't need to scan the barcode on my phone because he could do it from his CPU. He must've forgotten.
did you buy something when you did the double coupon? i think the rule was you had to buy something in order to get it.

Going digital for first party Nintendo games is a decision you will regret imo.

Going digital for first party Nintendo games is a decision you will regret imo.
Historically I agree, but switch physical games are a pita and inconvenient. Changing out a physical game when docked is terrible and carrying a bunch of games for handheld is inconvenient and risky.

For collection purposes, I get it. For gaming purposes, I have zero regrets with any game that I bought digital on my switch or that i have converted from physical to digital.

As an aside, I feel quite differently with PS4 games. Many regrets with purchasing discounted digital games that get further discounted or go free on plus (such as detroit heavy rain bundle) before I’ve had the chance to play them.

Historically I agree, but switch physical games are a pita and inconvenient. Changing out a physical game when docked is terrible and carrying a bunch of games for handheld is inconvenient and risky.

For collection purposes, I get it. For gaming purposes, I have zero regrets with any game that I bought digital on my switch or that i have converted from physical to digital.

As an aside, I feel quite differently with PS4 games. Many regrets with purchasing discounted digital games that get further discounted or go free on plus (such as detroit heavy rain bundle) before I’ve had the chance to play them.
I think what they were getting at was that once the next system comes out, you may forever lose your digital games or at least the ability to transfer your license to the next thing. Not a big deal right now, but Nintendo loves to repackage and resell the same thing x 1000 (and I don't blame them for it, people will buy)

A store near me has a "New" copy of Katamari Reroll in-stock. This may be a sign of an in coming restock.  Or a holiday rerturn

Perhaps employees returning "new" games they were "renting"
I haven't worked at Gamestop for well over a decade now, but when I did work there you could only have a new release checked out for a week so I dunno!

I've also heard that employees are no longer able to check out new games, but I imagine that it still occurs sadly.

Has anyone here ever used the GS seven day return period on trying out a used XB1 Elite Controller? I kind of want to get one but I’m not 100% sure yet. If I like it I would probably return the used one and get a new one from them so they would probably get the purchase anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back