2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Player = $5 cert
Pro/Elite Pro= $10 cert
I'm pro :)

edit: wait wait... My account was showing a $5 reward cert expiring on 4/15 that I assumed was the Division cash. But now, it shows that AND a $10 reward cash cert. Any clue what that $5 may be from? I haven't had enough points to redeem for that in ages, purchased like 3 switch games on pro day.

Would I be able to both get the $5 extra for trading a switch game and the 20% for trading towards Sekiro? Or would it be one only?

$41 seems pretty good for some of the top tier NSW games...but I feel like theres always some kind of massive boost right after I trade everything in, so I'm hesitant...

Unfortunately they don't stack... :\
Figured as much. Oh well. Didn't want to buy Sekiro yet as I'm getting into the Division 2 right now, but I don't think I'll ever get more than the $39 or so for Tropical Freeze. I'll go ahead and pick it up and just play it in a few weeks/months

I'm pro :)

edit: wait wait... My account was showing a $5 reward cert expiring on 4/15 that I assumed was the Division cash. But now, it shows that AND a $10 reward cash cert. Any clue what that $5 may be from? I haven't had enough points to redeem for that in ages, purchased like 3 switch games on pro day.
I see what happened now. Looks like my Pro lapsed for a bit and the setting automatically changed to auto issue $5 reward. Renewed my membership and made enough purchases to qualify but didn't change the setting back.

$41 seems pretty good for some of the top tier NSW games...but I feel like theres always some kind of massive boost right after I trade everything in, so I'm hesitant...
Same. I have 6 switch games im debating trading in. But if there's some crazy prestige day bonus or something, I'll wish I'd kept them.

I see what happened now. Looks like my Pro lapsed for a bit and the setting automatically changed to auto issue $5 reward. Renewed my membership and made enough purchases to qualify but didn't change the setting back.
Yeah I would go into your account & change that setting before you do these trades/purchases so you can build to a $10 cert, or a free Pro renewal.

It's not working for me, I've logged out / cleared cache / cookies and still don't have free elite shipping. Heck I don't even have free value shipping, could be because I'm in Hawaii. But free elite expedited shipping was working prior to February 1st 2019 as I had ordered tons of games over the holidays.
I've been having the same problem but I'm not in Hawaii, no one else has really responded or offered much advice though. I've got a couple ideas I'm going to mess around with though to see if I can get it working.

How tough is switching out games? Ordered king of fighters 14 and they sent street fighter 5. Is it as simple as going in and getting the game or do I have to send it back?

They had NNK2 steelbook in the preowned section and a New premium one in the new section. Took the preowned steelbook up and they gave me all the contents, likely from the new copy.

These idiots were selling Wii Sports for $9.99 not that long ago. I got a copy just because I needed another $10 game for the 4 for $20 deal. So I paid $4 for it (elite pro). 

They've got to have data that shows Wii crap always moves at tax time. Yet they always seem to blow it out right before then. I don't get it. 

Traded in Wii Sports and GTA: San Andreas for 360, which I got for $1 each (via Goodwill & Wal-Mart clearance, respectively), and got $39.20 towards my Sekiro CE pre-order! :D

Looked through my backlog and trade bait and didn’t see any big bumps among that lot. What else saw big bumps this weekend? Lots of good yard sales tomorrow and will be on the hunt!

Was in GS tonight and looks like Dragons Crown Pro: Battle Hardened Edition (PS4) is another converted to used game... Saw the steel case with the used stickers on it took it to the register and they pulled a new sealed one and was the used price...  

Also as a heads up the trade in values seem to be going up and down during the day because clearly some prices had changed between the time i made a list and took them to trade....  

trading in spiderman ps4 for $22 plus bonus seems pretty safe, right? not planning on playing that again anytime soon, and i figure i'll definitely be able to re-buy that for cheaper sometime down the road. its bound to become a greatest hits or something.

trading in spiderman ps4 for $22 plus bonus seems pretty safe, right? not planning on playing that again anytime soon, and i figure i'll definitely be able to re-buy that for cheaper sometime down the road. its bound to become a greatest hits or something.
I wouldn’t do it but yeah it’ll be part of greatest hits just don’t know about the soon part. Maybe next year or something

like what
Uncharted Lost LEgacy was up to $17.50 earlier in the day and then dropped to $12 in the same day thats a big one.. And interesting it looks as though the wording on trades changed a little as well... I believe the disclaimer for trade values used to states something like Estimate good until end of business on said say.. now it says estimate expries TODAY. With today being bold and in caps.... not sure on that though but im going to check a few times on the app and see if things change again throughout the day..

FYI if you have some of the $12 base Switch games (for me it was LA Noire and 2K Playgrounds) do them separate from the 20% bump. The system wont give you the $5 bonus on them if you have other games getting the 20% bump. I got $16.80 on them instead of $19.40

Looked through my backlog and trade bait and didn’t see any big bumps among that lot. What else saw big bumps this weekend? Lots of good yard sales tomorrow and will be on the hunt!
Found Mario Kart DS and New Super Mario DS at our big park yard sale today and discovered they’re bumped to $15.60 and $21 respectively (for elite pro).

How long is this bump? Getting $36 for Resident Evil 2 and the difference for Division 2 looks well worth it. 

Question - don't want to get a 90 day trade ban, and could use cash. Are you allowed $2000 trade-in credit AND $500 trade-in cash every 30 days, or is it one or the other?

ok right now im looking at the app on my phone which was updated at 2:05pm and says ni no kuni 2 $12 base but when you go to trade ins on the actual site it says $8 

Another Example.. Horizon Zero Dawn coplete edition.. app says $12 website says $7

I know I should cut my losses and trade in the games I'm not playing, and invest in boomerangs (i.e. switch games), but it kills me trading in games I haven't yet played yet (not that I will probably ever play them at any point).

I know I should cut my losses and trade in the games I'm not playing, and invest in boomerangs (i.e. switch games), but it kills me trading in games I haven't yet played yet (not that I will probably ever play them at any point).
I am experiencing this same problem with some ps4 and non top tier switch games. I keep looking at this giant bin of sealed ps2, ps3, 360 and wii games to remind me of where they might end up lol

ok right now im looking at the app on my phone which was updated at 2:05pm and says ni no kuni 2 $12 base but when you go to trade ins on the actual site it says $8

Another Example.. Horizon Zero Dawn coplete edition.. app says $12 website says $7
You cannot, cannot, cannot rely on saved offers. That's only an estimate for the day you save it for.

Btw, you were on my ignore list and I only saw your post because someone else quoted you. The only reason I put anyone on ignore is if they habitually post wrong information. You visit this thread pretty often. How do you not know GS's quirks by now?

None of that is showing up for me. I get the same higher values on browser and app

My problem exactly. Got a huge stack of PS4 games I'm looking at and questioning if I'm ever going to play. I really doubt it and should probably just cut my losses at this point tbh.

With the Xbox One X trade in promos, Im guessing you cant get the promo value from both a PS4 and Xbox One traded in? Assuming youd only get the extra bonus on one of those, am I correct?

My problem exactly. Got a huge stack of PS4 games I'm looking at and questioning if I'm ever going to play. I really doubt it and should probably just cut my losses at this point tbh.
If that's the criteria to decide whether or not to trade in, I should just drive my whole backlog down to GameStop right this minute! LOL!

You cannot, cannot, cannot rely on saved offers. That's only an estimate for the day you save it for.

Btw, you were on my ignore list and I only saw your post because someone else quoted you. The only reason I put anyone on ignore is if they habitually post wrong information. You visit this thread pretty often. How do you not know GS's quirks by now?
Hmm on your ignore list for posting wrong info?? and im not in the know of said quirks do to the fact I dont live on top of these things... Interesting thing Is I called GS CS and the guy said to trust what the page says the app isnt always accurate...

Hmm on your ignore list for posting wrong info?? and im not in the know of said quirks do to the fact I dont live on top of these things... Interesting thing Is I called GS CS and the guy said to trust what the page says the app isnt always accurate...
There's a glitch on the app if you save games for a long period of time and update the trade value every so often where it keeps the value the same and doesn't update the new TIV. Source: me sitting on the fence before trading in games on a previous XB1X trade promo.

Ended up trading pretty much everything that had a semi decent tiv. Took some losses on some stuff, but it's only gonna lose more value as time goes on so I figured may as well trade it in.

There's a glitch on the app if you save games for a long period of time and update the trade value every so often where it keeps the value the same and doesn't update the new TIV. Source: me sitting on the fence before trading in games on a previous XB1X trade promo.
Yep, experienced the same. Saved values are all goofy on the website, but saved values in the app are accurate. Doing a search is the only accurate way to find the current value.

I haven't tried to trade in a scratched game for awhile, but for RDR for PS3, they wanted to add a $5 refurb fee. I thought the fee would be based on the value of the game. I had gotten refurb on accessories in the past, probably 5 or 6 months ago, but I think that was only $3.

I still ended up trading it in as I only paid a couple dollars for it, so still ended up about $5 gain on trade credit.

Is it worth it to get the white fallout Xbox with free division 2? Only three more hours left and I've been contemplating it for like a week now.

Is it worth it to get the white fallout Xbox with free division 2? Only three more hours left and I've been contemplating it for like a week now.
An Xbox One X for $340 ($400-$60 for the division 2) seems like a pretty sweet deal to me. I would be all over it if I didn't have the S.

It would be better if it was a different bundle, but $400 for an X, a game and a brand new game that looks like it will be really good is a pretty good deal if you really want one now. Depends on how much you want FO76 or Div2. I've only gotten to play a little Div2, but I've liked the feel of it so far. My biggest gripe with the first game and early beta was the bullet sponging of enemies which has been toned down finally. Killing two enemies in one clip instead of one enemy with a clip and a half is much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back