2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought MK 11 and 2 days gone, only got one coupon too. But another one might show up tomorrow if they are separate offers.

Now that I look at it, I don't recall where it said that Days Gone gets a b2g1 coupon. I have an email saying it spawns a b2g1, but I only remember the MK 11 specifically saying that you get both. You get a b2g1 in the same transaction though.

I watched people walk in and buy MK 11 and Days Gone and none of them knew about the b2g1. Only people like us on this thread.
The good store manager was telling people that they could get B2G1 on PO'd games. Few took him up on the offer.

I ordered a game online for in store pick-up yesterday. Still haven't gotten an email saying it's ready.

It's not really in-store pickup is it? It might or might not be there when I stop by at lunch?

I ordered a game online for in store pick-up yesterday. Still haven't gotten an email saying it's ready.

It's not really in-store pickup is it? It might or might not be there when I stop by at lunch?
I would call ahead. I have ordered for in-store pickup (where you pay online in advance), and it has taken 2 days to receive order ready email.

I tried today, the lady behind the desk denied me multiples saying it would only work on one set.
Note for everyone - Don't ask sales associates if a coupon works, if a B2G1 works on multiples, if trade credit can be used to buy gift cards, if you are "allowed to" return an item, and any number of other things that sales associates usually don't know. They tend to deny everything on the side of caution. The POS is what sets the ground rules not the associate.

Just have them do what you hope for and let the POS decide what happens.

If you don't get the outcome you want, on the fault of a sales associate, politely end the transaction and go somewhere else.

I went in today to use my B2G1 coupon from Days Gone. Guess it's new to my area but now they just pull up my account on their computer and tell me what active offers I have available. If someone sells or gives you a PUR cert or coupon, they will know that it does not belong to you since it is not in your active offers.

I am stocked up and ready for July. Got to use the B2G1 while they are available.

Anybody do both the Mk11 and the days gone promos and only get one coupon? I think there was supposed to be a coupon for each, right? If so, I'm calling CS

Anybody do both the Mk11 and the days gone promos and only get one coupon? I think there was supposed to be a coupon for each, right? If so, I'm calling CS
I did multiple MK11 and a Days Gone and only received one coupon. Based on the following verbage, there is only one coupon (take note of the "or"). I'm still curious if the coupon stacks sets or not.

2. PUR Bounceback Coupon: Additionally, any PowerUp Rewards member who purchases Mortal Kombat 11 or Days Gone between 4/22 and 4/28 will receive a Buy 2, Get 1 Free bounceback coupon for any pre-owned games on 4/29. This coupon will appear in the guest’s Active Offers in their PUR account details, and will be available to redeem for a limited time.

I must be in the minority here, but I like Days Gone. Yes, it's all been done before but that's what I like. I enjoy open world, zombies, crafting and a good story. People hate on Far Cry all the time saying every game is the same, but it's one of my most enjoyable series. I spend many hours completing them and doing all the side missions. Give me first or third person adventure/shooters with a good story, plenty of side quests and I am good.

I did multiple MK11 and a Days Gone and only received one coupon. Based on the following verbage, there is only one coupon (take note of the "or"). I'm still curious if the coupon stacks sets or not.

2. PUR Bounceback Coupon: Additionally, any PowerUp Rewards member who purchases Mortal Kombat 11 or Days Gone between 4/22 and 4/28 will receive a Buy 2, Get 1 Free bounceback coupon for any pre-owned games on 4/29. This coupon will appear in the guest’s Active Offers in their PUR account details, and will be available to redeem for a limited time.
Thanks. Good catch

I've seen it posted on a few store's facebook pages that clearance toys and figures $25 and under are all $5. Uncertain for how long. It seems to be online as well, but a lot unavailable.

I've seen it posted on a few store's facebook pages that clearance toys and figures $25 and under are all $5. Uncertain for how long. It seems to be online as well, but a lot unavailable.
It was true when I went in yesterday to pick up Borderlands Handsome collection (it's $14.99 again new btw). But the stuff in question was mostly beat to hell and was on display at the checkout counter. GL with it.

Checked a bit this weekend and doesn't seem like any of the stores around me had Days Gone traded in over the weekend. Curious to how the promotion went, hoping to pick a used copy up soon so I can take advantage of my coupon. 

Checked a bit this weekend and doesn't seem like any of the stores around me had Days Gone traded in over the weekend. Curious to how the promotion went, hoping to pick a used copy up soon so I can take advantage of my coupon.
Is there a 30-day hold in the pawn laws where you live?

Is there a 30-day hold in the pawn laws where you live?
I don't believe so, the stores near me were definitely promoting the "Guaranteed to Love It" with Days Gone. With MK11 coming out just a few days prior though I don't know how well the pickups were for Days Gone, the stores around me had a ton of people picking up MK11. I also hear that Days Gone is about 60 hours long and I imagine most who purchased it didn't beat the game within the 48 hour period.

I don't believe so, the stores near me were definitely promoting the "Guaranteed to Love It" with Days Gone. With MK11 coming out just a few days prior though I don't know how well the pickups were for Days Gone, the stores around me had a ton of people picking up MK11. I also hear that Days Gone is about 60 hours long and I imagine most who purchased it didn't beat the game within the 48 hour period.
I don't know if you have elite, but you can just buy it preowned off of the web site and do a return rebuy in store.

https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/days-gone/131616?loc=recordlist

My Elite expired and I just have the Pro Membership now. I can hold off though, I have a B2G1 free that's good until June so I just want to use it to pick up Days Gone and a couple of other newer releases before the coupon is expired.
Also, keep in mind that given the critical reception of this game, it'll probably be $39.99 new very soon.

It was true when I went in yesterday to pick up Borderlands Handsome collection (it's $14.99 again new btw). But the stuff in question was mostly beat to hell and was on display at the checkout counter. GL with it.
Yeah, based on what I see online, nothing much of interest and most things end up being a dollar or two of savings only.

Also, keep in mind that given the critical reception of this game, it'll probably be $39.99 new very soon.
That is another reason why I am not in a hurry. I just need to use the B2G1 to pick up a few new releases to flip if I don't need them. There aren't many newer releases out currently that I want that I don't already have though.

I must be in the minority here, but I like Days Gone. Yes, it's all been done before but that's what I like. I enjoy open world, zombies, crafting and a good story. People hate on Far Cry all the time saying every game is the same, but it's one of my most enjoyable series. I spend many hours completing them and doing all the side missions. Give me first or third person adventure/shooters with a good story, plenty of side quests and I am good.
I've finally started playing Just Cause 4 thanks to that $1 3-month gamepass promo and it reminds me just how easy it is to have a great game with the same open world concept as before. However, they made changes that people hated and I agree because they dumbed down the way you explored the open world, defeating the purpose of having it. If the game is fun at its core though, and JC4 is, then you're still able to see past the complaints and enjoy the game. I think Days Gone is largely suffering because it's just not a great game to begin with; just run of the mill lackluster from what I've seen and heard.

That and I've seen how you can 'game' the system by positioning your bike so death is more rewarding than fighting a horde. I think they just had a flawed design plan from the start that has turned many gamers off to it.

That is another reason why I am not in a hurry. I just need to use the B2G1 to pick up a few new releases to flip if I don't need them. There aren't many newer releases out currently that I want that I don't already have though.
Yeah, I decided to just use my b2g1 to flip switch games since I have enough games right now. Sony exlcusives seem to drop in price fairly quickly these days, and I expect to be able to buy this for $30 digitally within the year.

When you use the cash same as credit promo do you still receive points for the transaction. I made a $300 trade on Friday and took the cash but have not received any points. I'm only asking because I've never took the cash option before I only have took trade credit and never had any problems receiving my points. Thanks

This one store keeps calling me and badgering me to pick up Sekiro, as it's fully paid for. I don't want it anymore since I figured I've waited too long and they would have given my katana letter opener away.

The money put towards it remains banked if I don't pick it up, correct?

This one store keeps calling me and badgering me to pick up Sekiro, as it's fully paid for. I don't want it anymore since I figured I've waited too long and they would have given my katana letter opener away.

Yeah, you don't lose the money but I believe it affects the stores numbers as I believe one of the metrics they track nowadays is pre-order pick ups. Sekiro is also on sale this week at Best Buy.

the money will be tied up with that preorder forever until you cancel it or pick it up and return it.

You should put it towards the next B2G1 promo game and then return it, unopened, the day after.

I didn't get the B2G1 free coupon for picking up my pre-order of MK11. I already had it pre-ordered before the reserve onilne and pickup in-store promo. So I don't know if that has something to do with it or not. I already had to call to get my points for it.

Anybody have many transactions with no points? 8 have at least 10. Wondering if I should try to add the points in all one call or whether it's best to make multiple calls to avoid attention to my flipping activity

Two of my local stores are really annoying me.. both have amiibos that I am trying to buy, but they are pre-orders. I tried at one two weeks ago and they wouldn't sell them, said they are paid off and will give the guy a month to pick them up. Went to try to get Ken at another store yesterday and said its on pre-order and wouldn't say when they could sell it. These were released 4/12... I thought it was usually 2 days for a pre-order then they could sell it. I am tempted to put a online pickup order in for one and see what they say. I would just buy them online but shipping is ridiculous.  

The 50% extra stores are great though, so many old accessories with great values with the bonus. Got around $200 cash for some retro consoles too at my main store.

Xbox 360 controllers are currently trading in for $10. Can anyone tell me what the refurb fee on that would be? And also, will they even take them if they don't have the battery compartment/battery holder?

Xbox 360 controllers are currently trading in for $10. Can anyone tell me what the refurb fee on that would be? And also, will they even take them if they don't have the battery compartment/battery holder?
Not sure about the refurb fee, but you definitely need the battery cover included for full value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back