2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
For anybody that cares, the 25% off 2+ pre-owned games with system purchase is still working. No signage at my store, but pos took care of it.

He says the exact same thing every time he shows up for 12 minutes and then gets banned again. He uses the same verbage and makes the same callbacks.

I honestly don't understand how any long-time members don't recognize it's him with his first post every time he comes back. He might as well just recopy his bullet points.
It really is quite sad he does the same thing, year after year. You'd think he would grow up, marry, have a few kids maybe. Nope. Must get a huge kick out of trolling.

I find it pretty sad that he comes here every couple of months to do the same thing over and over. Saying he has copies of threads that were previously deleted shows he has nothing else to do other than this. Maybe he should move on, but he most likely wont.

He has a vendetta with the users here and for some reason the Gamestop subreddit.

I find it pretty sad that he comes here every couple of months to do the same thing over and over. Saying he has copies of threads that were previously deleted shows he has nothing else to do other than this. Maybe he should move on, but he most likely wont.

He has a vendetta with the users here and for some reason the Gamestop subreddit.
Two words: HDMI cables.

I love the managers in my area.  Went into a store that had the $5 football machine that counts as a system for the 25% off 2 games.  He started looking something up in the system, grabs a ladder to pull down a VR headset and says "You should get this instead, its only $1.97".  So yeah, paid $2 to save $26.25.  

Here's the link to the locator for the $1.97 VR headset:

https://www.gamestop.com/accessories/utopia-360-virtual-reality-headset/132821

I love the managers in my area. Went into a store that had the $5 football machine that counts as a system for the 25% off 2 games. He started looking something up in the system, grabs a ladder to pull down a VR headset and says "You should get this instead, its only $1.97". So yeah, paid $2 to save $26.25.

So these guys are planning their own funeral? I guess it may be too late for Gamestop at this point anyway and Gamestop's problems are huge, but if my company's stock just lost 35% yesterday, I might not be so eager to help everybody game the system and speed up the demise of the place I work.

Your issue, however, illustrates one of many of the problems with Gamestop in the first place. They keep creating these crazy deals and promos that allow people (and employees) to take advantage of them and have no system in place to make sure they aren't getting hosed until after the fact and they start banning people for abuse, etc. Virtually every other retailer learned long ago to have better safeguards for sales and promos.

Don't usually do this because I read past posts for information, but the combination of never shopping at Best buy and this soon-to-be-banned guy who has nothing better to do with his life has made it difficult to find relevant information.

I received a $10 best buy reward email out of the blue. Was wondering if there was a good trade from Best buy to GameStop right now.

So these guys are planning their own funeral? I guess it may be too late for Gamestop at this point anyway and Gamestop's problems are huge, but if my company's stock just lost 35% yesterday, I might not be so eager to help everybody game the system and speed up the demise of the place I work.

Your issue, however, illustrates one of many of the problems with Gamestop in the first place. They keep creating these crazy deals and promos that allow people (and employees) to take advantage of them and have no system in place to make sure they aren't getting hosed until after the fact and they start banning people for abuse, etc. Virtually every other retailer learned long ago to have better safeguards for sales and promos.
They are probably happy to get clearance stuff off the books. I worked at Best Buy for several years (ages ago) and we were hit with charges from the company for each end of life item we had in stock. End of life stuff also affected how much new release product hit the store so it was beneficial to get rid of it as quick as possible. The employee was probably smart and knows what they need to get off the books. I would be shocked if each store did not have some sort of clearance metric, but hey Game Stop...

He says the exact same thing every time he shows up for 12 minutes and then gets banned again. He uses the same verbage and makes the same callbacks.

I honestly don't understand how any long-time members don't recognize it's him with his first post every time he comes back. He might as well just recopy his bullet points.
This is the first I've heard of that happening with anyone besides pepsiman.

Bought a PS Vita for the Memorial Day promo & customer service lady won’t give me the certificate for that. Anyone else had an issue?

Also getting the no more points for trades (April 22 & 25) song & dance despite getting points for all of my trades in late May & early June.

Bought a PS Vita for the Memorial Day promo & customer service lady won’t give me the certificate for that. Anyone else had an issue?

Also getting the no more points for trades (April 22 & 25) song & dance despite getting points for all of my trades in late May & early June.
I thought that was for preowned games, not hardware? Could be wrong.

I thought that was for preowned games, not hardware? Could be wrong.
Going by my store telling me it worked for hardware also but supervisor for PUR is supposed to be giving me 25k points within the hour.

And supposedly I got the points for my two trades, but the dates don’t really match up. Not going to push it as it was for $56 in cash trades & I’m more concerned with the rewards cert to spend on Days Gone.

Dammit, I missed it. It's always great when Mr. Hdmi cords makes a comeback. He's OBSESSED, does he even know BB is gone?

Don't usually do this because I read past posts for information, but the combination of never shopping at Best buy and this soon-to-be-banned guy who has nothing better to do with his life has made it difficult to find relevant information.

I received a $10 best buy reward email out of the blue. Was wondering if there was a good trade from Best buy to GameStop right now.
If you can PM Need for Speed Payback for XB1 at Best Buy for $9.99, you can trade in for $8 base plus $5 bonus.

I love the managers in my area. Went into a store that had the $5 football machine that counts as a system for the 25% off 2 games. He started looking something up in the system, grabs a ladder to pull down a VR headset and says "You should get this instead, its only $1.97". So yeah, paid $2 to save $26.25.

Thanks, found a store that had one of these instock.

Picked up RDR2 and Sekiro. I used a $15 cert, but it didn't maximize my savings. Ended up only saving about $7 since it took the $15 off then then 25% on Sekiro. Subtotal was about $60 after all discounts.

I was hoping to get a couple Switch games, but their stock was limited.

Finally got a competent customer service rep and got 10k points for spending $50 on Memorial Day, and points for a $90 trade in.

Just saw on Cheddar TV gamestop is a record store in a digital age. They are looking into becoming a esports company now. I see no chance for gamestop at all if companies like toysrus closed nation wide.

Fifa/Madden 19 PS4 Bundle is on sale at BB for $15 a nice flip to GS. Elite Pro with $5 bonus is $25.40.
Unbundled on XB1 Wouldn't it be be $25.00 with no Elite or Elte Pro $26.50 with Elite and $28.00 with Elite Pro?

Madden $7 base XB1

Fifa $8 base XB1

Madden $6 base PS4

Fifa $8 base PS4

Two questions that I suspect I know what the answers are, but I figured I ask:

1. If I bought something last Friday, am I considered one day too late for the 7-day return period if I were to try today?

2. If not, I used the $25 memorial day bonus coupon on my purchase. Would I be able to do an exchange or somehow be able to reuse the value of that certificate again?

1. If I bought something last Friday, am I considered one day too late for the 7-day return period if I were to try today?

2. If not, I used the $25 memorial day bonus coupon on my purchase. Would I be able to do an exchange or somehow be able to reuse the value of that certificate again?
1. No, today is Day 7, so you're still in the return period.

2. A really cool store manager or employee might allow an equal exchange, but most likely you would have to forfeit that value and your refund would be the amount you paid after applying the coupon.

1. It depends on how much your GameStop employees suck. I would do it, but this was heavily debated on the employee subreddit. If they deny it, I'd burn them on the survey.

2. This also depends on how much your employees suck. My store would adjust the price, most stores probably would not.

Fifa/Madden 19 PS4 Bundle is on sale at BB for $15 a nice flip to GS. Elite Pro with $5 bonus is $25.40.
Great find. In my excitement, I almost bought 4. Luckily, I remembered I should check the GCU limit, and I totally forgot it was 3 max per account.

Spiderman and GOW used come out to sub-13 dollars online before tax with elite and that other code.

Horizon Complete is sub-7 dollars doing the same. Base game trades for 7 plus with the $5 bonus so free upgrade basically.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Last of US Remastered, Bloodborne, and Horizon Zero Dawn Complete are all $8.99 used and have a base TIV of $5. If you have time to waste, that's $5-6 profit per set after discounts and promos.

The ones I posted were more for people wanting to play rather than flip. :)

I've been meaning to get GOW and Spiderman and those are great prices imo.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Grabbed God of War & Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition this morning.  Also grabbed the only new copy of Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash($20 new, $25 used) in my area.  GS must be clearing out new copies of that game with that weird pricing. 

Was going to grab Spider-man, but the store only had copies with generic cases.  Not paying that much for one w/o a case.

Last of US Remastered, Bloodborne, and Horizon Zero Dawn Complete are all $8.99 used and have a base TIV of $5. If you have time to waste, that's $5-6 profit per set after discounts and promos.

Buying online could net you more profit, but I think GS will tank the TIV for these games before you get them in the mail. And I'm only seeing $5 for HZD
Appreciate the info. I have a few extra bucks of credit and Bloodborne is on my list of games to get.

FYI: they dropped the base of Horizon and TLOU to $3. Its still showing up in the app as a base of $5, so you'll have to ask for the manual bump. Get them traded before they change the app base to match the amount in-store. Just a heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back