2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see the big deal with the video. Perhaps game publishers might care that GameStop is allegedly undercutting their retail price but otherwise...meh. How do you define "pre-owned"? Does it have to be "owned" by consumers? They know their target market wants newly released games and if they can save $5 buying "pre-owned", who cares?
There's also cases where they do games as "preowned" so they can go over msrp like in the cases of reprints for xenoblade as one such example back in the day. Gamestops a very sleazy corporation.

I made my rounds and rounded up some $10 statues.

Sonic

Tails

Fallout Power Armor

Dark Souls Solaire SD

Kingdom Hearts guy

Bloodbourne Arsenal.

Really really trying to track down the Megaman X Second Armor Lightning LED 4.5 Inch Statue. One gamestop is saying that the item is "on hold" what the heck....
Is the Fallout one the Nuka Cola themed armor? Saw on but not marked clearance. Is there a list of clearance statues?

There was a thread on the GS Reddit about this vid but it was deleted. Basically they said they get older titles (think Greatest Hits) from a third party vendor & that’s why they can sell them as preowned even when they arrive at the store sealed with a GS sticker on the seal covering the original barcode.

And as others said before GS also converts new games to used at least once or twice per month, even sometimes deluxe editions like SotTR Croft Edition.

sucked tried to cancel a preorder at my home store the former store manager and i were cool but the new store leader hates me had to call customer service to get the receipt for the preorder sent to me via email and had the district manager contact him and telling him to cancel it i do not flip i actually spend cash there for fucks sake

That video is... really something. I lack words to express properly just how much not a thing worth worrying the accusation is.

Will see if my brother wants to buy darksiders 3, as it's $19 used right now and has 20% birthday coupon expiring soon.

20% would be $3.80. $19-$3.80.

Would cost $15.20+ tax, as I have no paid membership.

I really regret not stocking up on PS4 first party games during Days of Play. Of course Last of Us etc are on the most wanted trades list.

GS needs to stop wasting money on stuff like this. No wonder they're struggling to stay alive.

D-FRh08W4AAAP1U.jpg

Holy crap !!!!

Found a clearance Batman who laughs statue at a passing by GameStop

They had it sitting on the very top shelf, not even marked as clearance!

No stores in my state was listed as having this item, especially this late in the game... yet here it is!!!???

I picked up a few games today at a pawn shop to beef up the trade in pile and sit on until we see what the next promo is

Ugh.   It is so getting not worth it to buy GBA games from GS for me now.   They've been raising a lot of their GBA prices lately, I've been seeing increases of $3-$20 of what they used to be.

Ugh. It is so getting not worth it to buy GBA games from GS for me now. They've been raising a lot of their GBA prices lately, I've been seeing increases of $3-$20 of what they used to be.
Yeah one such example: Minish Cap was $20 earlier this year. Now it's $40. No surprise it's still in stock.

Awesome, SB went live...but the question is do we hold out in hopes of a 4th of July trade in deal? Have quite a few first party switch games I need to unload.

Not sure which value im more excited about Days Gone being $42, Battlefield V being $28, or Wii Sports being $18.20 (when trading towards Mario Maker 2 + elite). 

Also when they did the 48hour like it guarantee with Days Gone they gave everyone that bought it a B2G1 coupon, hopefully that trend continues.

Speaking of the 48hr return does anybody know if you had to return the game to the same store you bought it at or could take it anywhere? 

Not sure which value im more excited about Days Gone being $42, Battlefield V being $28, or Wii Sports being $18.20 (when trading towards Mario Maker 2 + elite).

Also when they did the 48hour like it guarantee with Days Gone they gave everyone that bought it a B2G1 coupon, hopefully that trend continues.

Speaking of the 48hr return does anybody know if you had to return the game to the same store you bought it at or could take it anywhere?
Thought you were joking about Day's Gone...I guess I know what I'm doing with my two price glitch copies this weekend. Idk man, 20% toward MM2, then trading it back for full value is going to be tough to resist. I can't see them offering better even on the 4the sales.

I agree, 20% bonus toward Mario Maker and then trade back is probably the better plan right now, at least for me (I already bought MM digitally). Most of the games I'm interested in trading about doubled in value, so 50% bonus doesn't help me if they come back down to typical Base prices.

Holy shit that Wii Sports bump! So glad I waited.

Does anyone know the refurb fee for a $13 trade?

Minecraft 360 also had one hell of a jump. I snagged a clearance copy from Half Price Books recently for $2. Gonna go ahead and cash that in tonight 😄

I wish Wii Sports Resort would get bumped too. I find cheap copies of that more frequently than the OG Wii Sports, surprisingly.

Awesome, SB went live...but the question is do we hold out in hopes of a 4th of July trade in deal? Have quite a few first party switch games I need to unload.
More than likely, even with a trade in bonus for 4th of July, you're not going to get much better than $42 for Switch games if you trade in towards Mario Maker 2. And with Mario Maker trading back in for full price until Sunday, it costs nothing to do it. I'm unloading my entire stack of 17, as Arms is the only one not going up to 30 base. If there isna 50% trade in bonus, they'll knock the prices back to 25 or below and you'll get less than you'll get now.

It's worrying that Mario Maker 2 doesn't show the Guaranteed To Love It promo on the website or app. I'm starting to wonder if it was only a local promotion. It was just the one user reporting receiving an email for it, I think. Did anyone else get it?

I just picked up my Mario Maker 2 pre-order the one that's limited edition with the one year of Nintendo switch online and there's no coupon code on the receipt for the trade-in

It's worrying that Mario Maker 2 doesn't show the Guaranteed To Love It promo on the website or app. I'm starting to wonder if it was only a local promotion. It was just the one user reporting receiving an email for it, I think. Did anyone else get it?
I got the email, also spawn wave talked about the promo on yt.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back