2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had a cart full of items I've been trying to checkout for about 4 hours with no success. I hit the submit button and either nothing or it comes with encountered a problem and you have not been charged order not processed try again later. No wonder gamestop is going under I can't imagine how much money they've lost just this evening.

yeah Gamestop's site is notoriously bad the moment it gets under any sort of load, it's pretty ridic

sb, some of the 3ds games went down.[attachment=30437:MostWantedTrades_June2018.pdf]

For the most part it’s like they dropped mostly Nintendo titles.

Disappointed I saw the most wanted trades list on Monday and couple games I have on the list didn’t change like FC5.

On the bright side I needed a filler game and some games were bumped.

They tanked values on tropical freeze and hyrule warriors for the switch. Called it lol

I, too, lost more values than I gained. I may throw in some of my more iffy 4 for $10 titles to get to six with the values that held or raised and then see if some of my other games rebound in the next week or two.

I'll offload most of what I currently have while I'm still ahead and wait to see what happens coming up.

I did notice that Hitman First Season (PS4) is still trading at a base of $17.50 (with a 50% bump that's $26.25). The game is $10 at RB, so yes you're spending OOP, but it's an option if someone needs an extra game to hit one of the trade bump tiers.

sb, some of the 3ds games went down.
attachicon.gif
MostWantedTrades_June2018.pdf
Thanks, added to OP!

I'm starting to get antsy holding onto these Switch games. Two of my other games went up,

The Crew was $5 base and is now $8.50 base.

Forza Horizon 3 I think was $14 base and is now $17.50 base.

I'm starting to get antsy holding onto these Switch games. Two of my other games went up,

The Crew was $5 base and is now $8.50 base.

Forza Horizon 3 I think was $14 base and is now $17.50 base.
I'm bummed like you holding onto top tier switch games. I bought them with b2g1 so I could make a small profit now or gamble on a larger profit and/or break even. I'm still leaning towards holding strong for a better deal.

As an aside, since I don't have 6 games without the switch games...I am contemplating the fortnite 40% for GoW ps4 now versus chance its value plummeting (only paid $18 using b2g1 and trading the other games)

Gotcha. You would probably make about $30-50$ more by selling but you got to go through the hassle lol

Traded in my Xbox S for $250 and got a new switch,. I also have the double points coupon and a ton extra of the top switch games (b2g1 deals), figured I'd trade everything in to pay off my pre-orders of RDR2 and spider-man CE.

FIFA 18 got a 2 dollar bump and has a base of 20. Have not played it in a while. Going to include as part of my stack of 6 games to trade towards the promo. Just a couple of months till fifa 19 anyway.

man fuck gamestop i just came from there and they ar not taking my ps4 for a serial issue y ps4 is wiped clean and for them to not take it. it took me alot to not slap the employee after wasting my time.

man fuck gamestop i just came from there and they ar not taking my ps4 for a serial issue y ps4 is wiped clean and for them to not take it. it took me alot to not slap the employee after wasting my time.
Serial issue? Like it had no serial number??

Serial issue? Like it had no serial number??
everything was there and legit she even played call of duty on it then she scans the serial and she asked me where did i buy it and is it an actual ps4. i almost lost it in there man. ill just keep my "illegitimate" ps4

everything was there and legit she even played call of duty on it then she scans the serial and she asked me where did i buy it and is it an actual ps4. i almost lost it in there man. ill just keep my "illegitimate" ps4
I would try another store because I have traded consoles (PS4s, XB1, PS3s) in the past to GS and they have never scanned the serial number. Bitches be crazy.

Were you the original purchaser or did you get it secondhand? Hopefully the serial number didn't ping as reported stolen or a similar issue. Pawn laws are legitimate, as is a pawn record that law enforcement has access to and reference. I'm sure it's state-specific, but having worked previously in LE, this is a real thing.

"Is it an actual PS4?"

What did she see when she scanned the S/N? That sounds really weird.

Were you the original purchaser or did you get it secondhand? Hopefully the serial number didn't ping as reported stolen or a similar issue. Pawn laws are legitimate, as is a pawn record that law enforcement has access to and reference. I'm sure it's state-specific, but having worked previously in LE, this is a real thing.
Having worked at Gamestop and another similar store called Disc Replay I can say that pawn laws do vary state to state, but almost all of them will require items like game systems have a valid serial number. If he got the PS4 secondhand there is a good chance it could have been stolen and is being flagged, but usually, that wouldn't prevent them from taking the trade. Usually, we'd take the trade in order to obtain the persons information so we could report the info to the authorities and they could investigate it.

I know it’s been discussed in the old thread before, but thought I would see if anyone still here knows. What’s the highest amount you can put on a Southwest Gift Card from GameStop in one transaction?

A little off-topic, but those who flip to BB every so often. You can no longer buy other merchant gift cards with BB GC  :cry:  RIP

FIFA 18 got a 2 dollar bump and has a base of 20. Have not played it in a while. Going to include as part of my stack of 6 games to trade towards the promo. Just a couple of months till fifa 19 anyway.
Have a dilemma. Trade in FIFA 18 PS4 with the 50% promo and get FIFA 18 for the Switch on sale now or wait until FIFA 19 Switch releases? FIFA 19 for the Switch will be better because of engine/gameplay refinements and it'll have the UEFA Champions League. But FIFA 18 has the World Cup update.

Have a dilemma. Trade in FIFA 18 PS4 with the 50% promo and get FIFA 18 for the Switch on sale now or wait until FIFA 19 Switch releases? FIFA 19 for the Switch will be better because of engine/gameplay refinements and it'll have the UEFA Champions League. But FIFA 18 has the World Cup update.
I don't play sports titles, but I would imagine it is best to buy FIFA 19 as close to launch as possible, and then wait for a FIFA 18 fire sale for the world cup stuff.

10 of my games got stealth bumped.  Only two titles dropped (Shadow of War, and The Evil Within 2). 

Overall that equals to $36 more TIC, or 21.59% increase.  Glad I waited.

I'm gonna cash in this weekend.  Not gonna risk waiting until the next.

Whatever happened to the e3 50% coupon thing? Was it a generic code? Did the person who said they were gonna post it get banned?
I pre-ordered COD4 on the 15th and Spider-Man and RDR on the 12th. Still no code in my email or offers and the Facebook page indicated the 21st. I called customer service earlier today, but the csr kept asking if my game was broken even though I explained my issue step by step. So I hung up. They also didn't call back despite first asking for my phone number in case of disconnection. I have like $1500 in trades to bring in, double points would be nice.

I posted this assuming you were talking about the double points code but am not so sure on re-reading.

I didn't even know a code existed for stealth bumped games.  I just went through my excel sheet and looked each one up individually, to check for changes.  

That code may not include all games that got a bump.  I don't see AC: Origins (PS4) through that mwtjune18 link, but that title got a bump from $10 base to $13

i bought it at gamestop years ago thats why i felt so insulted. i was treated like i came in there with stolen items

"Is it an actual PS4?"

What did she see when she scanned the S/N? That sounds really weird.
the ONLY think i can think of is i bought the system while i was in new jersey and i live in florida now. as soon as i walked to the counter she gave a big sigh and from that point im pretty sure i was racially profiled (as dumb as it sounds) i did not feel right as soon as i walked in, like i knew this was not gonna be a smooth transaction. and the store was not busy i was the only customer at the moment.

the ONLY think i can think of is i bought the system while i was in new jersey and i live in florida now. as soon as i walked to the counter she gave a big sigh and from that point im pretty sure i was racially profiled (as dumb as it sounds) i did not feel right as soon as i walked in, like i knew this was not gonna be a smooth transaction. and the store was not busy i was the only customer at the moment.
A Gamestop employee "racially profiling" you by denying a large dollar trade that will help boost their individual numbers makes zero sense whatsoever. I live in Florida as well and that employee would get fired if they knowingly took in a trade for a serial number that pinged as stolen. They were probably just uncomfortable with telling you that you had merchandise that was labeled as stolen. Also just a heads up anywhere you go that does trades or pawns in Florida will require you to leave your fingerprint and mug shot as well as sign an affidavit. So if you are trying to unload a stolen PS4 good luck. I'm not saying you are but that fact you made a profile earlier this week apparently specifically to post that in this thread is questionable.

I pre-ordered COD4 on the 15th and Spider-Man and RDR on the 12th. Still no code in my email or offers and the Facebook page indicated the 21st. I called customer service earlier today, but the csr kept asking if my game was broken even though I explained my issue step by step. So I hung up. They also didn't call back despite first asking for my phone number in case of disconnection. I have like $1500 in trades to bring in, double points would be nice.

I posted this assuming you were talking about the double points code but am not so sure on re-reading.
That's okay. Double points should show up I'm a week or so and say "points adjuatment" or something to that effect.

The e3 thing was different; had to go to e3 and donate some games to get a coupon that was 50% extra tic and b2g1.

I used a B2G1 coupon today that I received earlier this month for creating a new Elite account.  It worked on 3 sets.  Just wanted to share.

A Gamestop employee "racially profiling" you by denying a large dollar trade that will help boost their individual numbers makes zero sense whatsoever. I live in Florida as well and that employee would get fired if they knowingly took in a trade for a serial number that pinged as stolen. They were probably just uncomfortable with telling you that you had merchandise that was labeled as stolen. Also just a heads up anywhere you go that does trades or pawns in Florida will require you to leave your fingerprint and mug shot as well as sign an affidavit. So if you are trying to unload a stolen PS4 good luck. I'm not saying you are but that fact you made a profile earlier this week apparently specifically to post that in this thread is questionable.
Yep, a lot missing from this story...

I can't usually get the employees to scan more than 1 b2g1 set, though the times I have recently it's only worked on 1 set. Seems pretty random.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back