2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I just bought a Switch this past weekend(yay me!). I want to get a screen protector for it before I start using it. Which one would you guys recommend I go with? https://www.amazon.com/amFilm-Tempered-Screen-Protector-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B01N3ASPNV#
This is the one I read a lot of people talk about. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!
That's the one I have, works great, easy to put on and comes with an extra in case you screw up or need another down the line. I haven't used any other ones so can can't speak to the quality of them.

Not sure if it's just me but both ad links in the OP are giving me an error.

So, I just bought a Switch this past weekend(yay me!). I want to get a screen protector for it before I start using it. Which one would you guys recommend I go with? https://www.amazon.com/amFilm-Tempered-Screen-Protector-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B01N3ASPNV#
This is the one I read a lot of people talk about. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07CV5ZXQJ/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got this, and frankly all the tempered glass screen protectors had the same specs and are probably all the same thing. The screen protectors work great and went on easy, and the case is very understated but effective. I recommend it.

heads up, Nintendo is apparently banning Switch cartridges that are detected to be playing online on CFW, the specific singular cart's certificate, which means you could potentially purchase a used switch game that cannot go online

Hahaha oh man, that's hilarious. Nintendo found the best way to insure people only buy new or digital games.

heads up, Nintendo is apparently banning Switch cartridges that are detected to be playing online on CFW, the specific singular cart's certificate, which means you could potentially purchase a used switch game that cannot go online
Hopefully they provide a method for you to check a cartridge without getting banned.

In yet another episode of why Nintendo will eventually go under. . .

That's the one I have, works great, easy to put on and comes with an extra in case you screw up or need another down the line. I haven't used any other ones so can can't speak to the quality of them.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07CV5ZXQJ/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got this, and frankly all the tempered glass screen protectors had the same specs and are probably all the same thing. The screen protectors work great and went on easy, and the case is very understated but effective. I recommend it.
Thanks for the input!

Not sure if it's just me but both ad links in the OP are giving me an error.
I'm getting an error when clicking on both links as well.

Did you read this article? Because almost all of it is wrong.

What the actual reddit post said is that only counterfeited game cards would get banned if their unique card identifier didn't match the game contents. Systems and accounts would get banned by having mismatched install tickets (digital rights licensing) from their system and account IDs. It's been VERY EASY in the past to install digital tickets on Nintendo systems, and nearly all of their piracy happens by people adding tickets to their system that give them access to the game download via the shop. But there are also flashcarts and counterfeit cartridges on the market that would face a ban, and those are the carts you're referring to. Nobody is overwriting official Nintendo cartridges with other games, and the CFW doesn't write anything to the physical media. Also, Yuzu CFW for Switch has been around since February and operates on 3.0 FW, and SX OS was released in May. Basically, the people who are getting banned are stupid and deserve it. Again, it's not the cartridges. There's no way it could be, unless you are buying known counterfeits where the card ID doesn't match the game.

In yet another episode of why Nintendo will eventually go under. . .
Microsoft and Sony have been banning systems and accounts for a decade whenever people go online with hacked media. But while people were getting banned for hacking CoD, I was loading pirated games on my hacked Wii and playing them online perfectly fine. Wii, Wii U, and 3DS hacking methods now involve pre-bios loading of emulated systems for obfuscation and console anonymity, then you install your games to that. I use my hacked 3DS online just about every day, and on the off-chance that my system is banned/bricked, I'll just make a new emunand. The idea of generating installation tickets for digital games based on both the device ID and the account ID would flag any emunand I create and ban them, unless I was able to reproduce the algorithm. It's a great solution and will definitely impede the progress of piracy. This is going to deter piracy to an extent that sales increase, if anything.

I ended up keeping the Wii system with the missing cover door. Instead of getting $35 minus defect fee for trading in the entire system, I traded in the wiimote, nunchuck, and hook ups and got $36.40 them. Yes, I got more by keeping the system than I would have was I able to trade it in for full value.
Gotta love Gamestop.
Did they give you the trade value for the Wii U AC adapter, cuz the regular Wii AC adapter shows $2.40.

Nintendo could murder every fanboys mother and they still wouldn't go under. I've given up trying to understand why fans still shovel Nintendo's shit right down their gullet.
You’re so right. That said I did buy a Switch and it’s alright. I mean it’s been collecting dust for 8 months but I get the appeal.

Did they give you the trade value for the Wii U AC adapter, cuz the regular Wii AC adapter shows $2.40.
I got 2.80 for the wii ac adapter. I bought a psn card so I got the extra 20% boost from that promo. The vast majority of the value came from the motion plus wiimote and the sensor bar. The sensor bar was over $11 which blows my mind.

Can you also get any money for the body of the console without anything else?

I’m wondering how a Wii U breaks down, the TIV has always been crap. But if the brick and sensor are worth so much...

Can you also get any money for the body of the console without anything else?

I’m wondering how a Wii U breaks down, the TIV has always been crap. But if the brick and sensor are worth so much...
Don't believe Gamestop will give you anything for the body of the console. I normally trade all the cords, sensor bar, controllers, etc. into Gamestop and than once I get 2-3 Wii's with the doors broken or parental locked I will put them on eBay together and they sell fairly quickly.

You’re so right. That said I did buy a Switch and it’s alright. I mean it’s been collecting dust for 8 months but I get the appeal.
same here, when a game goes across all three, i opt for one of the other real gaming platforms, got odyessy cheap and was mostly repeative mini games over hyped, zelda was so so and got old and slow so dnf, other than that, shantae was ok, gal gun but of course, xonix ehhh... well i did preorder snk just cause i want the physical copy but that and princess ex, what else is their to look forward too? maybe if nintendo gets off its high horse and release the 64gb carts to allow more third party development, just another first party system on a slow death

This isn't confusing at all GameStop....

1. Get up to 30% Extra Credit when you trade 2 or more games.
    Elite Pro Members: 30% Extra Credit. Pro Members: 20% Extra Credit. Others: 10% Extra Credit. Get up to 50% extra credit when you trade 6+ games, up to 40% extra credit with 4+ games, or up to 30% extra credit with 2+ games. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 6/18/18 - 7/8/18.

Find A Store
  2. Get up to 40% Extra Credit when you trade 4 or more games.
    Elite Pro Members: 40% Extra Credit. Pro Members: 30% Extra Credit. Others: 20% Extra Credit. Get up to 50% extra credit when you trade 6+ games, up to 40% extra credit with 4+ games, or up to 30% extra credit with 2+ games. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 6/18/18 - 7/8/18.

Find A Store
  3. Get up to 50% Extra Credit when you trade 6 or more games.
    Elite Pro Members: 50% Extra Credit. Pro Members: 40% Extra Credit. Others: 30% Extra Credit. Get up to 50% extra credit when you trade 6+ games, up to 40% extra credit with 4+ games, or up to 30% extra credit with 2+ games. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 6/18/18 - 7/8/18.

You're not the only one. I let my friends get me all hyped on buying a wii u just so we could play one game of Mario kart online and never again. To this day I have hard time trading it in because it feels like wasted money with how little I've used it. Even now I still have thoughts of buying a switch but I usually remind myself of my dusty ass wii u every time that happens.

You're not the only one. I let my friends get me all hyped on buying a wii u just so we could play one game of Mario kart online and never again. To this day I have hard time trading it in because it feels like wasted money with how little I've used it. Even now I still have thoughts of buying a switch but I usually remind myself of my dusty ass wii u every time that happens.
Pretty much my exact experience. Resisted for years and finally gave in. Got it to play with friends who quit playing consoles right after a game or two of wii party u and mario kart and it hasn't been touched almost since I bought it. I have a bunch of free vc stuff from club Nintendo on it so I've never wanted to trade it in but at this point it really is just an overpriced paperweight. :/

Pretty much my exact experience. Resisted for years and finally gave in. Got it to play with friends who quit playing consoles right after a game or two of wii party u and mario kart and it hasn't been touched almost since I bought it. I have a bunch of free vc stuff from club Nintendo on it so I've never wanted to trade it in but at this point it really is just an overpriced paperweight. :/
I think the Wii U stuff will eventually go up in price. With how poorly the system sold and the fact that it still does have some exclusive games left that aren't on Switch (yet). Nintendo stuff always holds a value with collectors and the Wii U will be a system several years down the line that is fondly remembered by fans despite its various shortcomings. That being said I bought mine alongside Hyrule Warriors when it came out and have never really played it for more than a few hours at a time despite having most of the major exclusives for it.

Since I have a Wii U filled with digital games, I plan to drag mine out from the soft case it's in and finally play some of them. I have Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze and Zelda: Wind Waker on there. So, those games would be lost if I ever traded it.

Since I have a Wii U filled with digital games, I plan to drag mine out from the soft case it's in and finally play some of them. I have Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze and Zelda: Wind Waker on there. So, those games would be lost if I ever traded it.
And I have way more than that so yeah not trading my Wii U for anything.

Anyone trade in a switch with scuff marks on the side black part of the screen (not the viewable area) from the dock? I want to trade it in and wonder if the even take it. They're slight but you can notice them.

Anyone trade in a switch with scuff marks on the side black part of the screen (not the viewable area) from the dock? I want to trade it in and wonder if the even take it. They're slight but you can notice them.
Shouldnt be a problem. If you are worried about getting hit with a refurb fee, then bring it to a different store. When I worked there, if it was in working/sellable condition, I did not add a refurb fee. If you give you a big deal about why they added it on, don't trade it in.

Only time I needed to add a refurb fee was if it's missing minor parts (battery covers for wii systems, controllers/systems were filthy, etc).

Any particular reason you are trading And not selling? Probably get a good bit more by selling it

I ended up keeping the Wii system with the missing cover door. Instead of getting $35 minus defect fee for trading in the entire system, I traded in the wiimote, nunchuck, and hook ups and got $36.40 them. Yes, I got more by keeping the system than I would have was I able to trade it in for full value.

Gotta love Gamestop.
Considering doing the same thing with a spare Wii I have lying around, but the controllers are the old version. They wouldn't do something stupid like try to charge a refurb fee if it doesn't include the silicone cover or wrist strap, would they? I mean, I know all that refurb stuff really boils down to YMMV, but is that something they're known to do in general?

Straps, wiimote silicone covers, and stands don't count.  They want the system, nunchuk, wiimote, sensor bar, power cord, and AV cable. I've traded in 10+ Wiis this year at 5 different stores, all but one of them missing one or both doors, and have never been charged a refurb fee.

Got this email today... I can honestly say it's the first time I've gotten it:

MCngeAe.jpg

I got that same email. I’m confused because all of my preorders are still showing up online.
I'm confused too because I only let one pre-order lapse and that was the new God of War. I only placed $5 on it to get a trade boost during a promo for it. Where the other $10 is coming from is anyone's guess. In the email it show to go to the store listed and have them check into it. I might just for giggles.

That email seems to indicate that certain users (including me) have unclaimed store credit.  Clicking on that link takes you to that link everybody knows screws up your registered trade credit.  Do not try to claim that 'unclaimed' store credit.

That email seems to indicate that certain users (including me) have unclaimed store credit. Clicking on that link takes you to that link everybody knows screws up your registered trade credit. Do not try to claim that 'unclaimed' store credit.
Truth right here. If nothing else it's a great ploy to at least get people in their stores. I had no intention of clicking the link because I read the nightmare stories. I only have $.01 in trade credit right now anyway, lol.

Edit: I noticed in the email that the "unclaimed credit" is handled by a third-party company, Marketing Control Services, Inc.

How would you get more for trading the ps4 if you were not elite pro? Am I missing something?
i was checking the quote on the website Elite Pro 125.00 regular 135.00 makes no sense just off that im not even going to waste my time in gamestop. ill just grab a 1TB when i can afford it and just trade my old ps4 for some games

Any particular reason you are trading And not selling? Probably get a good bit more by selling it
Traded in my Xbox S for $250 and got a new switch,. I also have the double points coupon and a ton extra of the top switch games (b2g1 deals), figured I'd trade everything in to pay off my pre-orders of RDR2 and spider-man CE.

I don't disagree, but stealth bumps typically run Friday to Monday with a focus on upping numbers at the end of the month, correct? Next Sunday and Monday are July 1st and 2nd, so if monthly numbers are the focus, it would be this weekend.
If the last Friday of the month doesn't start with the 1st of the month, then that's when the bump usually happens (exception being the mid-month bumps we've had recently). Next Friday is the 29th, so the bump should happen then and not this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back