2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked and I am not seeing it. Maybe they fixed it ?
I also don't see a renew membership button in my account dashboard. If I try and click the Power Up Rewards page and click "Buy Now" after selecting digital a small pop-up says "SORRY YOU ARE ALREADY A POWERUP REWARDS LOYALTY MEMBER". I see a ProMembership for 15k points, but it seems like it will email a code to redeem in store with no way to use online. No soups!

I ordered Control for store pick up. A few hours later I got no email it was ready but was in the area of the store so went in. She told me it wouldn’t be ready for 24 hours due to processing. I went to Best Buy and they price matched.

Never tried or paid attention B4 but can the B2G1 for renewal be used online?  Also was wondering if the $10 rewards for pre-ordering games like COD can be used online as well.  Thanks in advance. 

I traded in my switch games to get the $5 bonus but the b1tch manager told me the promo doesnt stack with the 20% bonus with pokemon shield preorder. Is this a new thing???

I ordered Control for store pick up. A few hours later I got no email it was ready but was in the area of the store so went in. She told me it wouldn’t be ready for 24 hours due to processing. I went to Best Buy and they price matched.
Same thing happened to me. Placed order at 11am for pickup and it’s 6pm no email. Still says processing. Store says they never got anything, called customer service they said my order was cancelled because the shipping address(the store) is different from the billing address.

Not sure if they fixed the issue but I was able to checkout with trade credit yesterday. Got the wwe "system" for 9.99 with some top tier switch games discounted

So will those of us getting grandfathered into the new Pro program be getting any of the $5 monthly certs before Spring 2020? I've seen both yes and no here.

i went to gamestop today and the signs were up for the new 5 buck cert system they were testing in other areas 

he was surprised to see no active offers for me, and my 20% discount. he says that discounts were phased out but since theres no replacement program for elite pro itll just stay the same until it expires. 

so when that happens, ill be faced with either no membership, or the new cert pro membership. what are you guys gonna do? are you gonna do the certs or ditch gamestop entirely?

if you get the cert immediately when you sign up, ill probably wait to sign up til i have a good use for one, then go for it. you get 12 a year and you break even starting with 4, so it may work out. whether or not that happens, man ill miss elite pro. if gamestop is gonna be selling games for 55-57 bucks used and walmart sells them for 50$ new, no more business from me aside from stuff like buying a 5 dollar game like technomancer on a whim occasionally. 

Same thing happened to me. Placed order at 11am for pickup and it’s 6pm no email. Still says processing. Store says they never got anything, called customer service they said my order was cancelled because the shipping address(the store) is different from the billing address.
I just got an email from them stating that. Glad I canceled and went to Best Buy.

Can it be used on gift cards in-store? Like PSN cards?
It actually says you can't buy used games or accessories either. WTF!? LoL Holy crap they are giving it to people good.

It says restrictions may apply, good for one single in store, in stock item only. Applied to the highest retail item. Gift cards or game cash not mentioned.

Anyone own Megaman X 1-2 collection for PS4?
I know both games come on a disc, but is their any codes?
Wanted to buy used, just want to make sure I don't miss anything.
No codes in the X retail collection on PS4. No boss cheat sheet either sadly like there was in the original Legacy collection.

I traded in 17 PS4 games, 8 didn't get the $5 bonus. They were all $2 or $3 games. Employee fixed it no problem. But the real highlight was what they had in their DS case. Complete, like brand new, Dragon Quest IV, V, VI, and IX. I snapped those up so fast, lol. There was a Chrono Trigger DS too, but no manual and they wanted $40, so I passed.
Same price on Amazon as cart only so not outrageous. GL finding a complete copy for $40.

Does anyone have any good ideas for what the cheapest in stock item could be? I am 7 cents short of free shipping and I can't find anything that is actually in stock.

I'm surprised how many people were able to get someone to fix the $5 bonus for them. I went to three different gamestops until someone finally begrudgingly adjusted the trade value. Each time they told me their was no way to change trade price, that it's not even an option in the computer. First store was an sl , second was an asl.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bloodstained for $17 & Control for $27?
Bloodstained is not a good game. Regardless, if you pay more than a couple bucks for a 2d metroid sidescroller you got scammed bad.

Control for $27 is not a deal. That shouldve been launch price. $10 MAYBE $15 wouldve been a decent DotD.

Still no good deals so far.

I picked up a bloodborne statue today from the current 25% off deal, but my receipt showed the the price as $18.99 instead of the $28.48 showing on the site. I'm not sure why that happened, but I'll take it at 50% off instead.

https://www.gamestop.com/toys-collectibles/collectibles/statues/products/the-bloodborne-hunter-modern-icon-statue/10162882.html

I don't remember everything that was clearanced out a few months back for $10, but I missed out on all that, so I'm happy with this. Don't burst my bubble and tell me it was available for $5...

Bloodstained is not a good game. Regardless, if you pay more than a couple bucks for a 2d metroid sidescroller you got scammed bad.

Control for $27 is not a deal. That shouldve been launch price. $10 MAYBE $15 wouldve been a decent DotD.

Man shut up

I have no idea what is going on with my Gamestop account? I tried to buy a few things the other day from the Pro Days Sale and no matter what form of payment I tried it was declined. Even PayPal wouldn't work. A few months ago my Gamestop account was compromised. They I have initially stole my reward points and then used my credit card that was tied to the account to make a $50 purchase. They eventually refunded the points and I had to get a replacement credit card. I no longer have a card tied to their online site but there is obviously something going on where no form of payment will work.

I have no idea what is going on with my Gamestop account? I tried to buy a few things the other day from the Pro Days Sale and no matter what form of payment I tried it was declined. Even PayPal wouldn't work. A few months ago my Gamestop account was compromised. They I have initially stole my reward points and then used my credit card that was tied to the account to make a $50 purchase. They eventually refunded the points and I had to get a replacement credit card. I no longer have a card tied to their online site but there is obviously something going on where no form of payment will work.
Newegg blocked me after a credit card dispute so maybe GameStop blocked you.

Way to move the goalposts

To each their own, but Bloodstained (RotN) was one of my favorite games of the year (and maybe console generation). I played through most of it on the switch, and for reasons unrelated to performance, finished the game with 100% map on the PS4.

That said, Shantae ½ Genie Hero and Rabi-rabi were also on my top list this year, so maybe I’m a sucker for metroidvanias. All of them had a high enjoyment to price ratio.

Newegg blocked me after a credit card dispute so maybe GameStop blocked you.
More likely that the GS website is fucking trash.

Sort of related, but not directly:
Trade/gift card credit loophole no longer working when used in combination with a cc. I'd ask you lazy cocks to help by reaching out to GS via social media, but ik you won't. That's why you're stuck on cag.

More likely that the GS website is fucking trash.

Sort of related, but not directly:
Trade/gift card credit loophole no longer working when used in combination with a cc. I'd ask you lazy cocks to help by reaching out to GS via social media, but ik you won't. That's why you're stuck on cag.
I reached out via Twitter. Tried using a CG and a CC to make a purchsed and it was declined.

For a company that is trying to not go out of business, seems pretty stupid to have such a widespread issue like this (essentially not wanting people to shop online). I am surprised CCs don't work either.

Prior to the terrible website overhaul, i would have expected them to continue chugging along, slowly dying for another 5-6 years, but the aggressive "we don't need your money" campaign against regular customers in favor of trying to spur profits by trying to rip off the stupidest customers even more than normal makes me question whether they make it another 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back