2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
WAs interested in the 4 for $20 deal and needed some community feedback on Cladun Returns: This is Sengoku for the PS4... is it good enough for $10

PS4 has slim pickins..
I disagree about the PS4 having slim pickings for the sale, but I would say that you're SOL if you don't like disc copies of indie titles. Yesterday, I bought the following.

Aerea Collector's Edition - PS4
Blackguards 2 - PS4
Cladun Returns: Sengoku - PS4
Marvel Pinball Epic Collection Vol. 1 - X1
Rogue Stormers - PS4
World to the West - PS4
Dante's Inferno - PS3
Assassin's Creed Rogue - PS3

As far as how Cladun plays, I started it last night and I like it. I've never played any previous Classic Dungeon titles, so I am still learning the mechanics of how it plays, but it seemed close to the Mystery Dungeon roguelike style of games. But my belief is that Cladun Returns is absolutely worth $4.50 which is what it cost me after the Pro discount was applied. And today is the last day for the buy 4 for $20, so it's now or never...until the next one of these sales.

for those of you who wants GTA5 for ps4/xb1, for the first time i think ever, the sale price of 20$ is carrying over to preowned

aI8Y8Tc.png

15.19$ with elite

Saw it mentioned above, but just wanted to confirm that the extra 20% bonus credit when buying PSN/XBL credit is still active as of yesterday. Employees at my store weren’t even sure themselves, but adding any amount of credit triggers the bonus.

Has anybody else tried trading their ps4 pro for $300 towards the nba2k xb1x preorder? I saw one person was unsuccessful and was curious whether it was the computer not giving the bonus or the employee being a dbag. thanks!

Are some refurb fees automatic? I was hit with 2 yesterday from 2 different locations for Xbox 360 games. The second location he did not even look at the disc. Just curious.

Are some refurb fees automatic? I was hit with 2 yesterday from 2 different locations for Xbox 360 games. The second location he did not even look at the disc. Just curious.
automatic refurbs are only on retro. 360 games get scratched just by looking at them, so he may have just assumed. I always question why something gets a refurb, then kindly ask them to take it off, and then go to another store if I disagree with the call.

guys im so friggin mad (sorry for the bad language) i bought gears of war 4 for the xbox one for 60 dollars and greedy gamestop wants to give me only 2 dollars for it, the complete scammers. how can do they do this how is it legal it makes no sense you guys we need to boycot gamestop

guys im so friggin mad (sorry for the bad language) i bought gears of war 4 for the xbox one for 60 dollars and greedy gamestop wants to give me only 2 dollars for it, the complete scammers. how can do they do this how is it legal it makes no sense you guys we need to boycot gamestop
Wait, friggin is bad language now? I can’t keep up with this younger generation!

$60? You got ripped off, it's only $11.99.

Did anyone actually go to a MS store to find out how much they’d give for an Xbox One S in the US? Curious as all we have is hearsay

For PS4 trade ins at GameStop - do they accept OG launch ps4s that had the HD swapped out or do they flat out reject them?

automatic refurbs are only on retro. 360 games get scratched just by looking at them, so he may have just assumed. I always question why something gets a refurb, then kindly ask them to take it off, and then go to another store if I disagree with the call.
Stores place automatic refurbs on retro? Why? They don’t do that around here.

Did anyone actually go to a MS store to find out how much they’d give for an Xbox One S in the US? Curious as all we have is hearsay

For PS4 trade ins at GameStop - do they accept OG launch ps4s that had the HD swapped out or do they flat out reject them?
I'm not sure if they will accept it, but I know for sure you won't get an extra boost if you upgraded yours ps4 from 500gb to 1-2tb drive. The serial tells then what model you have, so they are expecting the hard drive to read 500gb if you have an OG model. I doubt they will check, most employees just see if it powers on and reads a disc.

If you had a faulty drive, and you replaced it with different 500gb drive then you should be good.

I'd say if you upgraded the hard drive, and plan on trading it in; take out your bigger hard drive and put in the old stock drive if you still have it. Save you upgraded drive for your new playstation system, or put it in an enclosure to use it as an external drive.

Finally pulled the trigger and traded in some games I had laying around from various clearance sales and got just under $50 in trade credit thanks to the extra 50% (thanks, California!). Kinda funny how I traded in a “used” copy of :pS3: NCAA Football ‘14 for only $22.50 ($15 base w/o the promo) and they’re turning around and selling it for $40. [emoji19][emoji58][emoji849]
I think the better question might be, “who on earth is buying it from them?”

So in my hunt for finding a cheap OGXB1 and an XB1S to trade in for an X1X - I actually stumbled upon a mint Xbox One X for $250. Score. After messing around with it, I have come to the conclusion that the Xbox UI is garbage, the controllers are fragile and inaccurate, and resetting an XB1 is a pain.

I am however COMPLETELY blown away by backwards compatibility upgrades via the XB1's emulator. Some OG Xbox games look amazing. 

Highlights include:

Panzer Dragoon Orta

Sid Meier's Pirates!

Ninja Gaiden Black 

SSX 3

I am also blown away by the Red Dead Redemption enhancement.

So even though there are very few first party games for Xbox One, I'm pretty happy with being able to play all these treasures I've found thrifting. For $250 - it was well worth it for me. $500 not so much.

So in my hunt for finding a cheap OGXB1 and an XB1S to trade in for and X1X - I actually stumbled upon a mint Xbox One X for $250. Score. After messing around with it, I have come the the conclusion that the Xbox UI is garbage, the controllers are fragile and inaccurate, and resetting an XB1 is a pain.

I am however COMPLETELY blown away by backwards compatibility upgrades via the XB1's emulator. Some OG Xbox games look amazing.

Highlights include:

Panzer Dragoon Orta

Sid Meier's Pirates!

Ninja Gaiden Black

SSX 3

I also am blown away by the Red Dead Redemption enhancement.

So even though there are very few first party games for Xbox One, I'm pretty happy with being able to play all these treasures I've found thrifting. For $250 - it was well worth it for me. $500 not so much.
No one should be paying $500 for an Xbox One X - I bought mine at least 8 months ago or so on eBay during their % off sales they always run and it was around 360 or so with a bonus controller from AntOnline after eBay bucks were added in.

The backwards compatibility is amazing. And I agree, the UI is bad and seems to get worse with every update.

I think they are doing the extra $5 towards trades when u pre order a game again. As long as the game is worth $2 or more in trade. Seen it in thier window this morning

I am so tempted to trade my OG Xbox One for the $200, but I need to figure out how I can get an additional $300 in credit with minimal effort. 

I think they are doing the extra $5 towards trades when u pre order a game again. As long as the game is worth $2 or more in trade. Seen it in thier window this morning

Does it count if you do it to an existing preorder and do you have to do multiple transactions if you want to do separate games towards 1 preorder?

I bought a game today And a code was printed on my receipt for an extra $5 when trading in a game $2 or more

Another Q for people looking to buy Xbox and gift receipt towards Spider, do they put the refund on an actual GC then, meaning you’d have to pay tax on the Pro?

Does it count if you do it to an existing preorder and do you have to do multiple transactions if you want to do separate games towards 1 preorder?
Last time it worked on pre existing. This time I'm not sure. I did trade some things in for new pre orders and it trigged on all 4 of my trades when I pre ordered 4 things. I think stipulations are that it has to be worth $2 or more and be a PS4, Xbox one or switch game.

I think the better question might be, “who on earth is buying it from them?”
Unless you get lucky finding NCAA 14 in the wild somewhere $45 is the going rate on :360: . No less than $40 or so even on ebay. Getting harder to find and around the start of football season people want it more. SO sad its not backwards compat though.

I have an og white and I'm also trying to decide if I want to upgrade, The only thing that really interests me is Horizon 4 but Im not sure if its worth upgrading just for that.

Unless you get lucky finding NCAA 14 in the wild somewhere $45 is the going rate on :360: . No less than $40 or so even on ebay. Getting harder to find and around the start of football season people want it more. SO sad its not backwards compat though.
This all the way. Add to that the fact that it can't be purchased digital via PSN or XBL either. It was delisted in the last year or so. Even on :ps3: it can be hard to find for less than $35-$40 or so.

Tempted to go get an OG Xbone someone is selling for $100 on FB and the PS4 that's on CL for $150 and taking them in to get an X for only $50 more... assuming they work, of course.

Illegal? I don't follow these games but why even put the option to change rosters if it's illegal, and why is it illegal?
Because on older consoles you could create phony/modified save files and distribute them, sharing a save file with one dude’s roster work post 360 era could lead to account bans. Creating an actual dupe roster update file for the game to recognize as being from EA might require hacking modding j tagging whatever to your systems.

This all the way. Add to that the fact that it can't be purchased digital via PSN or XBL either. It was delisted in the last year or so. Even on :ps3: it can be hard to find for less than $35-$40 or so.
Sure, but is NCAA 14 so great that it’s worth buying for $40 as opposed to buying NCAA 13 for a buck?

Sure, but is NCAA 14 so great that it’s worth buying for $40 as opposed to buying NCAA 13 for a buck?
the gameplay was about the same if that’s what you are asking. If you don’t want 14 for the rosters, you can just get 13i if you want to mess around with a football game.

If they would ever make NCAA 14 BC I’d probably unhook my 360. I know it won’t happen with all of the controversy but it would be. So glad I picked it up for five bucks before it got delisted.

I have an og white and I'm also trying to decide if I want to upgrade, The only thing that really interests me is Horizon 4 but Im not sure if its worth upgrading just for that.
Same here, I want a One X and will eventually get one but I feel like if I did get one now I'd still be primarily playing my PS4 for exclusives like Spider-Man this Fall. If I had a One X I would play most of my multiplatform games there, but I think I can deal with playing those on PS4 Pro and save myself some money until they drop the price or have a nice bundle for the One X.

Man the Wii U games have tanked in value. Was going to pick up Splatoon, Smash Bros., and Mario Maker off of Facebook Marketplace for $8. Now, I'm not even sure if they will be worth the investment. Anyone think these TIV will rebound?

Man the Wii U games have tanked in value. Was going to pick up Splatoon, Smash Bros., and Mario Maker off of Facebook Marketplace for $8. Now, I'm not even sure if they will be worth the investment. Anyone think these TIV will rebound?
Maybe not at Gamestop, but I do think the Wii U, in general, will start to rise in value due to it being Nintendo. The fact that the Switch has gotten ports or "sequels" of some of the Wii U's best exclusives certainly doesn't help the value of the Wii U versions.

I imagine the Nintendo first-party stuff will go back up in value and for $8 I would absolutely buy the games you mentioned for $8 surely the three of them are worth more than $8 currently.

Wii U games seem to have more value when sold as lots on eBay.  I sold a lot of $20 games and ended up with $232.50 a few weeks ago.  Granted, I had some somewhat rare ones in there (and BOTW), but I've seen similar lots without much in the way or rarities go for around $200.

Wii U games seem to have more value when sold as lots on eBay. I sold a lot of $20 games and ended up with $232.50 a few weeks ago. Granted, I had some somewhat rare ones in there (and BOTW), but I've seen similar lots without much in the way or rarities go for around $200.
Generally, eBay is going to net more anyway. Most people buying Wii U games right now are going for a complete set since it's not hard to do right now and getting a lot can take care of a solid chunk. I can't remember how many Wii U games came out in North America, but I know it's a pretty low number.

Are we more likely to see a trade bump this weekend or next weekend? Reason I’m asking is b/c I will be visiting family next weekend & won’t be able to trade in at my store where all of my preorders are at, unless I leave early on the 26th so I can reach my store before they close (family is 2.5 hours south.)

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back