2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any idea on what the next trade in promo might be? I need to build up some credit for the spiderman ps4 pro.
It appears to be $25 bonus credit on any PS4 / XBox One / Switch system trade-in towards NEW HARDWARE (8/27-9/16). For PS4 systems in particular : PS4 OG ($180), PS4 Slim 500gb ($190), PS4 Slim 1TB ($200), PS4 Pro 1TB ($275) after promo. Cheers!

you see people ASKING $200 for them. Its not what they actually go for...
I sold my uncharted 4 ps4 slim 500gb for $200 a couple months ago on FB marketplace. I thought it was reasonable and got a bunch of dopes asking $150-160. I may have been able to get more, but at least I was able to sell it in just a few hours. This was around the time a tradein would have been $175 at GS. Too bad I didn't wait as i could have traded it plus my xbox one s for a xbox one x.

It seems OG ones probably would go for $180 with just the console.

I see the OG PS4s selling for 200-220 on offer up all the time
you see people ASKING $200 for them. Its not what they actually go for...
I just sold my OG PS4 on Offer Up for $200 a few weeks ago. I've had some great luck with Offer Up recently too, just got Detroit Become Human for $25 and a New 3DS Lot that included 8 games and the system for $80.

Anybody know if this is a mistake? [attachment=30803:FD39CA4F-5DB6-4E08-A7DB-FD0860EE85CB.png]

I think it’s supposed to be for Nintendo switch right?

Not quite. It’s $20 guaranteed credit when you trade select titles toward any purchase or preorder.
Glad I traded in games towards pre-orders during the SB and extra $5 promo. The list of eligible games for the guaranteed $20 is slim pickings. I only saw 5 of the many games I recently traded in on the list. And Madden 19 being listed doesn't make sense because of the guaranteed $30 if traded within 30 days of release promo.

You guys are lucky, my Family Videos don't update anything. If they even put 4 month old games at $30 it's a miracle.

So I can swap out my unopened XBOX One X for a new Scorpio Edition, but I'd have to pay the sales tax which is $30. worth it?

You guys are lucky, my Family Videos don't update anything. If they even put 4 month old games at $30 it's a miracle.
Same here, but now I am compelled to check the ones near me. $10 is a great price for Vampyr and I just so happen to be getting my haircut today which is next to a Family Video!

Just got this right now lol

Your recent Purchase of a Playstation 4 Pro 500 Million LE Consolequalifies you to receive 50% Extra Trade in Credit when you trade in a Playstation 4, Xbox One or Switch System! 

Your unique code:

Gamestop sent me a 50% extra trade in credit coupon when trading in PS4, Xbox, or Switch system.I wonder if this stack with any of their promos right now.

Hrm, too bad Spidey PS4 Pro pre-orders didn't get that.
I'm hoping they will do one of these coupons after the Spider PS4 Pro is picked up from preorder. I mean it makes a lot of sense for them to do these promos AFTER a system sale. It gets people back in the store and ready to buy again, quickly.

Given the past few promos, recent SB placement, and the discontinuation of elite, it looks as if someone over at GS trade promo central is actually using their brain these days.

Now that we know the bonus is only $50 (not the $125 I dreamed of for the ps4 pro), would like to know if it stacks on multiple systems and if it works with the Xbox One trade-in offer that expires tomorrow.

I'm in store right now and the new promo is 3 for $25 on games $14.99 or less. With Elite it's 3 for $20. I just cleaned out their Vita section, they had a few priced at $14.99.

Piece of shit gamestop changed their shipping again or their shitty website glitched or something. I bought a $99 game and have elite pro. I've always gotten free two day shipping which is my default and never had an issue. Now I got charged $6.99 for whatever the f*ck "EDGE" shipping is. And it's 1-4 days instead of 2 with elite pro. Didn't even have the option for elite pro shipping! What a bunch of cucks

Piece of shit gamestop changed their shipping again or their shitty website glitched or something. I bought a $99 game and have elite pro. I've always gotten free two day shipping which is my default and never had an issue. Now I got charged $6.99 for whatever the f*ck "EDGE" shipping is. And it's 1-4 days instead of 2 with elite pro. Didn't even have the option for elite pro shipping! What a bunch of cucks
Did you make sure to login again? For me, a lot of times the website looks like I'm logged in, but it is just cookies reading my account. I have to "re-login" before the free shipping shows.

I didn't have time unfortunately, but yeah I do know it was my fault for not checking the default shipping was still there...Just not sure why it would've changed now after working fine since late last yr.  It was for a game which is NEVER in stock.  Usually if I wait any longer than like 10 seconds or so, it immediately takes it out of my cart because someone else bought it :/

This is a pretty dick move on the part of GS tbh. I got both the 50% and $50 extra emails and got so excited. I wonder if we could get them to honor the 50% extra.

I didn't have time unfortunately, but yeah I do know it was my fault for not checking the default shipping was still there...Just not sure why it would've changed now after working fine since late last yr. It was for a game which is NEVER in stock. Usually if I wait any longer than like 10 seconds or so, it immediately takes it out of my cart because someone else bought it :/
what did you get?

I received an extra B-day coupon. Usually they just send me it early in the month, which they did. Then they emailed me another, with a different code, on the actual day-of. However the 2nd one doesn't show up in active offers upon log in. Odd.

Worms armageddon n64. Probably fake too, but we'll see. That would be the icing on top of the GS sh*t cake since I won't be compensated for the bs shipping either way lol
Most likely if you call them they will take the shipping charge off. Their customer service is pretty good generally but you may have to be on hold for awhile.

Worms armageddon n64. Probably fake too, but we'll see. That would be the icing on top of the GS sh*t cake since I won't be compensated for the bs shipping either way lol
I don't think fake n64 games are that prevalent?

This may already be known however I got a retro disc game that had a damaged center ring, which they repaired by putting a silver circular sticker.

[attachment=30811:20180801_135733.jpg]

The reason I removed this was because I believed it was some remnant of a rental sticker.

You can't see it too well in the photo due to poor camera/compression, but there's a few cracks in the center.

But yeah, just wanted to give people a heads up. I'm sure most people are fine with silver stickers in the center I'm just personally not.

This may already be known however I got a retro disc game that had a damaged center ring, which they repaired by putting a silver circular sticker.

The reason I removed this was because I believed it was some remnant of a rental sticker.

You can't see it too well in the photo due to poor camera/compression, but there's a few cracks in the center.

But yeah, just wanted to give people a heads up. I'm sure most people are fine with silver stickers in the center I'm just personally not.
In my experience, any retro game with a silver sticker is likely too risky to keep because of that "hidden" damage and I usually return it.

i had found worms for 10 at the flea market...sold it for 160 

im sure the game is real. good luck and its a fun game too

Making counterfeit (flash cart) versions of n64 games may not be as prevalent, but there are some awful people that just create counterfeit labels and throw them on cannibalized sports game just to get the high TIV from GS. Other people do board swaps. Most stores can't and don't check these games... and I would not put it past GS to not check some of these at the warehouse. So it is fair to be suspicious of these high tag games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back