2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
No...Console...trade...specials...for...Spidey...PS...4...Pro...hurts...so...bad...can't...type...any...longer........................

Ordered an instock item from GS.com on Friday with gift cards. Got a shipping confirmation on Saturday and tracking number, then an email saying my order failed due to insufficient funds. The funds have been removed from the gift cards, and the item hasn't moved since shipping...

Typical GameStop shenanigans.
It's not shenanigans, it's just GS's website/payment system being piss-poor. Unfortunately, you have to call. The funds weren't removed, rather they're on hold and the rep needs to release them.

This often happens if you place more than one order within a short period of time using gift cards because their system is slow to show the changed values on a gift card. This also happens if you cancel an order and you used gift card/TIC.

Wow I wasn’t even attacking anyone on here and just simply asked a question. Idk why nowadays people just can’t simply help out others but instead bash them. Not everyone reads everything on the thread and yes I should read the thread to find out an answer to something but aren’t we all here to help each other out cuz we’re cheapassgamers. I was just really disappointed but not pissed that I didn’t get the 500M LE It’s just Everytime something limited like this comes out, people be trying to sell them for a high price. Yup nothing we can do about it but just thinking about it sucks. And thanks for posting things that help people. I feel like we all should help each other here and find great deals. Wish there were more users that would share a lot of good deals they be finding just like the old days.
It was spoon-fed to you hours before you asked your lazy question. The instructions were 6 posts before your question and the actual email itself with the code was 4 posts above yours. If you can't read the posts that close to the end, you shouldn't be asking the question. No one was telling you to dig weeks or even days back into the abyss.

Probably a stupid question but I managed to snag a preorder for the Spider-Man PS4 Pro. I was hoping to do a return and rebuy while tradding in my old ps4 to take advantage of the trade in deals. Will I be able to do this? Or should I just cancel my Spider-Man edition pro and not risk it?
I'm planning to do this exact thing with trading in my PS4 Pro after I receive the Spiderman bundle in the mail. I called Gamestop yesterday to ask if this was possible and had a very difficult time getting the person to understand what I was asking (to return the Spiderman PS4 and then trade my old PS4 Pro towards rebuying the Spiderman PS4). Once she understood, she did say that I could do this (return/rebuy). Maybe it was my fault and I wasn't that clear, so I hope it isn't that difficult to explain when the time comes. What trade-in deals are you referring to? I am only aware of the extra $25.

Do you guys think I would have any problem returning an online purchase to my local GS and applying the money to a preorder? I know people return/rebuy but this is a bit different.

Do you guys think I would have any problem returning an online purchase to my local GS and applying the money to a preorder? I know people return/rebuy but this is a bit different.
No it shouldn't be a problem. I just did this with the 500M headset from the bundle.

Ordered an instock item from GS.com on Friday with gift cards. Got a shipping confirmation on Saturday and tracking number, then an email saying my order failed due to insufficient funds. The funds have been removed from the gift cards, and the item hasn't moved since shipping...

Typical GameStop shenanigans.
Same thing. Gamestop stole like $40 in balance from my giftcard. I had to switch to credit card to complete the order.

I plan to receive the item, then issue a chargeback on my credit card.

Watched the unboxing of the Spidey Pro and while I was pretty high on it for the longest time, seeing it out of the box I kinda changed my opinion. It just clashes so much with everything else on that guys desk, sorta sticks out like a sore thumb. Gonna see if more unboxings pop up before making a final decision. 

I'm planning to do this exact thing with trading in my PS4 Pro after I receive the Spiderman bundle in the mail. I called Gamestop yesterday to ask if this was possible and had a very difficult time getting the person to understand what I was asking (to return the Spiderman PS4 and then trade my old PS4 Pro towards rebuying the Spiderman PS4). Once she understood, she did say that I could do this (return/rebuy). Maybe it was my fault and I wasn't that clear, so I hope it isn't that difficult to explain when the time comes. What trade-in deals are you referring to? I am only aware of the extra $25.
Just that promo plus the $50 extra trade credit coupon posted above.

So for those in the know...

Several years back, I received a 30-day ban for trading in too many copies of the same game in one month (stupid, I know).  After the ban was over, I was much more careful to respect the rules, etc.

However, I recently received a second ban, because I traded in a ton of stuff (all legitimate) during the cash-same-as-credit deal recently. Apparently, the dollar limit on cash trade-ins was $500, as opposed to the much higher limit for store credit trade-ins. 

Even though it's been 30 days, my ban has not been lifted. Is this likely permanent, or is there a longer ban period (90 days?) that has been confirmed?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Several years back, I received a 30-day ban for trading in too many copies of the same game in one month (stupid, I know). After the ban was over, I was much more careful to respect the rules, etc.

However, I recently received a second ban, because I traded in a ton of stuff (all legitimate) during the cash-same-as-credit deal recently. Apparently, the dollar limit on cash trade-ins was $500, as opposed to the much higher limit for store credit trade-ins.

Even though it's been 30 days, my ban has not been lifted. Is this likely permanent, or is there a longer ban period (90 days?) that has been confirmed?

You got hit with the 90 day ban. Sucks but it’ll be over before you know it.

Watched the unboxing of the Spidey Pro and while I was pretty high on it for the longest time, seeing it out of the box I kinda changed my opinion. It just clashes so much with everything else on that guys desk, sorta sticks out like a sore thumb. Gonna see if more unboxings pop up before making a final decision.
12 New High-res photos of the Spider-Man PS4 Pro

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/09/05/photo-gallery-le-marvels-spider-man-ps4-pro-bundle/

Several years back, I received a 30-day ban for trading in too many copies of the same game in one month (stupid, I know). After the ban was over, I was much more careful to respect the rules, etc.

Most likely a 90 day ban, but if you went HAM on cash trades... who knows. Try calling customer service or ask your home store's store leader to call their LP person to find out how long it is.

anyone know if gs will accept a DS game for trade in if its missing the sticker/label? i gambled on a labelless ds game from goodwill for 99 cents. it turned out to be pokemon pearl.

Most likely a 90 day ban, but if you went HAM on cash trades... who knows. Try calling customer service or ask your home store's store leader to call their LP person to find out how long it is.
Just fyi if you do any kind of flipping or boomeranging...you definitely don't want LP or CSRs looking at your account. Drawing too much attention can nuke your account if they think it's suspicious. I'd say just wait 90 days and look into it more of it's still there at that point.

anyone know if gs will accept a DS game for trade in if its missing the sticker/label? i gambled on a labelless ds game from goodwill for 99 cents. it turned out to be pokemon pearl.
probably not, but give it a shot. I trade it in a new Super Mario Brothers DS that a dog had chewed on and part of the label was missing. They hit me with a refurb fee but they still took it.

I was told that they're not supposed to accept them if they have severe label damage or are missing the label.

You could always get a repro label, but some people in collecting communities frown on that (if it's a legit game, I don't see the problem)

I keep going back and forth between

A) Cancelling my Spidey PS4 Pro pre-order and moving that $50 towards just buying the game itself

or 

B) Trading in my almost new PS4 Pro, along with my XB1 S 500 GB towards the Spidey PS4 Pro.

If I go with option B, and use the $50 code shared earlier, will I get a $50 bump (and hopefully the other $25 bump as well) towards each system, or is it strictly $50-75 extra flat regardless of how many systems are involved in the transaction?

This is all assuming someone has actually tried both already.

A) Cancelling my Spidey PS4 Pro pre-order and moving that $50 towards just buying the game itself

or

B) Trading in my almost new PS4 Pro, along with my XB1 S 500 GB towards the Spidey PS4 Pro.

If I go with option B, and use the $50 code shared earlier, will I get a $50 bump (and hopefully the other $25 bump as well) towards each system, or is it strictly $50-75 extra flat regardless of how many systems are involved in the transaction?

I think the $50 is flat but the $25 is applied to each console. I haven't tried this and am only going off of what I think I've read on here, so forgive me if I'm incorrect.

Question for those that have traded in a PS4 for a new one. First for reference, I put a 2TB HDD inside my OG PS4 so will need to swap the 500GB back in, but I also have several games that are still on older patches that I don't want to update yet (for single player glitches and whatnot). Are you able to do a full system backup to an external hard drive and then restore to the new console? Basically mirroring the old console with its installed games & older patches?

edit:

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/system---hardware/storage---data/back-up-and-restore-ps4-hdd/

I don't see why it wouldn't be a mirror back-up. The only thing I would watch out for is to make sure your new system is not set to auto-update when you set that up.
Thanks for the link oldcasio!

Question for those that have traded in a PS4 for a new one. First for reference, I put a 2TB HDD inside my OG PS4 so will need to swap the 500GB back in, but I also have several games that are still on older patches that I don't want to update yet (for single player glitches and whatnot). Are you able to do a full system backup to an external hard drive and then restore to the new console? Basically mirroring the old console with its installed games & older patches?
https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/system---hardware/storage---data/back-up-and-restore-ps4-hdd/

I don't see why it wouldn't be a mirror back-up. The only thing I would watch out for is to make sure your new system is not set to auto-update when you set that up.

Random PC clearance price drops:

:pc:
Evolve (bots and peer-to-peer multi only) $0.97
Battleborn w/figure  $0.97
Anno 2205 $0.97
Homefront: The Revolution $0.97
XCOM 2 $4.97
Black Ops III $5.97
The Witcher III (Complete) $9.97
Dishonored 2 $9.97
Wolfenstein: The New Order $9.97
Assassin's Creed Syndicate (Gold) $9.97
The Evil Within $9.97
Dishonored: Death of the Outsider $9.97
Mafia III (Deluxe Edition, probably missing codes) $9.97
The Division (Gold) $9.97
The Sims 4 $12.97
Civilization VI $13.97
Civilization VI (Anniversary Edition) $14.97
GTA V $22.97

For anyone that trades often enough to know, what do day one games usually trade in for? Long story short I’m going to end up with 2 copies of spider-man and want to trade one in on the spot to take some money off my new pro console. Didn’t it used to be around $40 credit for big name new games? I’m an Edge subscriber or whatever their highest tier is called lol

Just fyi if you do any kind of flipping or boomeranging...you definitely don't want LP or CSRs looking at your account. Drawing too much attention can nuke your account if they think it's suspicious. I'd say just wait 90 days and look into it more of it's still there at that point.
My old idiot roommate went off on a manager last year because he was trade banned, and made them contact LP. Of course he was trade banned because of the 4th of July 70%/B2G1 weekend, so he's probably banned forever.

For anyone that trades often enough to know, what do day one games usually trade in for? Long story short I’m going to end up with 2 copies of spider-man and want to trade one in on the spot to take some money off my new pro console. Didn’t it used to be around $40 credit for big name new games? I’m an Edge subscriber or whatever their highest tier is called lol
the trade-in value is already in the app for Spiderman $25 base

Looks like they lowered the trade value for consoles. Switch went down $10 and PS4 regular did too. Didn't check PS4 Pro but they most likely did also.

For anyone that trades often enough to know, what do day one games usually trade in for? Long story short I’m going to end up with 2 copies of spider-man and want to trade one in on the spot to take some money off my new pro console. Didn’t it used to be around $40 credit for big name new games? I’m an Edge subscriber or whatever their highest tier is called lol.
That's when stealth bump is active AND there is some 40% trade in bonus ($30*1.4=$42). Unfortunately, none of that is going on right now so $30 credit is the best you'll do. I'm thinking you could easily get $40-45 on CL/OfferUp.

That's when stealth bump is active AND there is some 40% trade in bonus ($30*1.4=$42). Unfortunately, none of that is going on right now so $30 credit is the best you'll do. I'm thinking you could easily get $40-45 on CL/OfferUp.
I would do $40.00 shipped for it?

Why is the TIV for a 1 TB XB1 S so low? $120?!?!?!?!?! They obviously don't want me to trade it in. Spidey PS4 pro is slipping through my grasp...

I'm trying to wrap my head around the idea that the Xbox One X trade in value is less than the PS4 Pro, a console that costs $100 less. I got a One X from that B2G1 and have been wanting to dump it for a PS4 Pro, but the value has been painfully low.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the idea that the Xbox One X trade in value is less than the PS4 Pro, a console that costs $100 less. I got a One X from that B2G1 and have been wanting to dump it for a PS4 Pro, but the value has been painfully low.
That’s exactly why. No one wants an X, so it’s worth less value.

or

If I go with option B, and use the $50 code shared earlier, will I get a $50 bump (and hopefully the other $25 bump as well) towards each system, or is it strictly $50-75 extra flat regardless of how many systems are involved in the transaction?
Couldn’t you do two transactions so you can use the $50 for each one?

Pro day soon and I have:

20% off B-day coupon
B2G1
$50 in trade credit

We’re eating good, boys.
Quick question. Will Pro-Day fall on this upcoming Saturday Sept.8th? Hoping for possible bonus points incentive, so I can pay off the Spidey-Pro on that day instead of release day. I believe the Pro-Day ad scan usually hits a day earlier.

Quick question. Will Pro-Day fall on this upcoming Saturday Sept.8th? Hoping for possible bonus points incentive, so I can pay off the Spidey-Pro on that day instead of release day. I believe the Pro-Day ad scan usually hits a day earlier.
Idk about pro day, but points apply on day of pickup so you could pay it off early and ask them to hold it for you. GameStop policy seems to be 48 hour hold for hot preorder items. I've had items held a couple extra days longer, but that store manager exceptionally cool.

Random PC clearance price drops:

:pc:
Evolve (bots and peer-to-peer multi only) $0.97
Battleborn w/figure $0.97
Anno 2205 $0.97
Homefront: The Revolution $0.97
XCOM 2 $4.97
Black Ops III $5.97
The Witcher III (Complete) $9.97
Dishonored 2 $9.97
Wolfenstein: The New Order $9.97
Assassin's Creed Syndicate (Gold) $9.97
The Evil Within $9.97
Dishonored: Death of the Outsider $9.97
Mafia III (Deluxe Edition, probably missing codes) $9.97
The Division (Gold) $9.97
The Sims 4 $12.97
Civilization VI $13.97
Civilization VI (Anniversary Edition) $14.97
GTA V $22.97
This is for gamestop? which ones still sell PC games?

I'm trying to wrap my head around the idea that the Xbox One X trade in value is less than the PS4 Pro, a console that costs $100 less. I got a One X from that B2G1 and have been wanting to dump it for a PS4 Pro, but the value has been painfully low.
I’d have to say, supply and demand

Pros are a hot commodity right now. It seems like every day there's a new thread on ResetEra or the GameStop subreddit asking why they can't find a Pro in stores right now.

Pro held its value today, but I’m worried it’s cause they’re dropping it in time for Spider-Man.

Are backups on PS4 still as painstakingly slow as they were years back? I don’t even wanna save everything just PT and my video captures. When I upgraded my OGs hard drive in ‘15 it took like overnight to backup about 10 gigs. Might’ve had a “USB 3.0 Compatible” stick instead of an actual USB3 one.

I believe my GameStop has an additional Spidey pro they recieved. Can I go preorder it tomorrow in store? Will I receive the 50/25 bonuses trading my pro if so? Or do I have to wait till Friday morning and hope no one snagged it launch night?

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back